MAG Discussion Thread

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']Very nice, you guys can add me for Valor, but I don't have a mic. Besides the official headset, what is the cheapest one you guys would recommend? You can use bluetooth headsets right?[/QUOTE]

I sit really close to my ps3, so I picked up a Rocketfish wired headset from best buy. Its basically the same as the wired headset that comes with 360's, if you're familiar with it. It was only $20, and it has worked perfectly for the last week or so that I've had it.

Add me to SVER: ChernobylCow

OK, after much mental debate I went to Best Buy and picked this up with $15 off in coupons. I never played either COD MW 1 or 2 but have been playing shooters back when Counter-Strike was in beta. I feel pretty glad I picked this up over MW2 and I only got this simply because my trade for MW2 fell through, anyways.

I played last day of beta as SVER and had a little fun. Then I started a VALOR char yesterday to level 8 and had no problems except that their "theme song" is terrible. Too "twangy" and southern with its guitar, this is coming from a Texan. So I got my GF to go through each of the factions aesthetically and she decided I should play SVER simply because:
a) better aesthetic unlocks (masks are much better than glasses and goggles. Raven's unlocks are weak as hell)
b) much better theme song when you rack up some kills

I preferred the Valor weapons but I don't care if everyone "seems to be choosing SVER" to play as. Anyways, I'm having fun. Look me up on PSN if you want to play.

[quote name='Brownjohn']I sit really close to my ps3, so I picked up a Rocketfish wired headset from best buy. Its basically the same as the wired headset that comes with 360's, if you're familiar with it. It was only $20, and it has worked perfectly for the last week or so that I've had it.[/QUOTE]

Looks good dude, get one in a couple of days.

:( got kicked from my first match today for no reason at all! I was having a damn good round. Was playing defender on domination as squad leader and I was tearing it up. Was up to 600 points in only 12 or so minutes, and things were flowing great. I was having a lot of luck with my mortar as I was getting lke 7 or 8 kills with it everytime.

anyway, out of nowhere I saw the vote to kick thing pop up and it was for me. I was like WTF! I didn't team kill anyone, even with my mortars, and I was literally going out of my way to revive people. but it filled up to 5/5 faster then I ever seen and BAM. booted.

I think I play good as squad leader too, and I havent had any complaints so far, and if anyone here i played with disagrees, tell me because I love the poisition and want to get better.

But man oh man was i pissed. I would have probably finished that round at 1500 some points.... I think they were just jealous that I was getting so many kills or points. I think the next best point total to my 600 in the squad was someone with 180

Man I dunno if I'm better on SVER or if my beta experience helped but I ranked up quicker. I'm 15 points short of level 9 and I only played 2 hours. Quick question if i unlock the more healing perk do I get more experience points for healing folks?

[quote name='jlarlee']Man I dunno if I'm better on SVER or if my beta experience helped but I ranked up quicker. I'm 15 points short of level 9 and I only played 2 hours. Quick question if i unlock the more healing perk do I get more experience points for healing folks?[/QUOTE]

depends on how injured they are.

you get 10 xp pts for revive. if theyre low on health, your blue puff will give an initial bonus. if that doesnt completely heal them, then they will slowly regenerate health. and you get bonuses for additional effects.

You also get double if it's near an objective. I got a ton of XP and the 2nd place player of the match due to making great using of my medical kit in a defense sabotage map as Valor, which I did okay on K/D ratio.

I also killed a teammate in that match because they pinned me in the corner of the room we needed to defend when a SVER player came in and I used my knife to kill both of them. I hate the limitations of physically moving around when a teammate is near me.

WTF!!!! got kicked a second time as squad leader! the round only started and there was already a vote to kick me. it would keep getting 2/4 right away, but some guy initiated it like 4 times so the 4th time around he got 4/4.

this is pissing me off now. both rounds were turning out to be good games for me too.... :(

If the Recent Players list is updated, write down all of the players from the last match and see if they match up the next time you get kicked. That might help narrow it down to who might be doing it if it's the same people.

[quote name='the_grimace']:( got kicked from my first match today for no reason at all! I was having a damn good round. Was playing defender on domination as squad leader and I was tearing it up. Was up to 600 points in only 12 or so minutes, and things were flowing great. I was having a lot of luck with my mortar as I was getting lke 7 or 8 kills with it everytime.

anyway, out of nowhere I saw the vote to kick thing pop up and it was for me. I was like WTF! I didn't team kill anyone, even with my mortars, and I was literally going out of my way to revive people. but it filled up to 5/5 faster then I ever seen and BAM. booted.

I think I play good as squad leader too, and I havent had any complaints so far, and if anyone here i played with disagrees, tell me because I love the poisition and want to get better.

But man oh man was i pissed. I would have probably finished that round at 1500 some points.... I think they were just jealous that I was getting so many kills or points. I think the next best point total to my 600
in the squad was someone with 180[/QUOTE]

maybe they were jealous. i was squad leader defending sver sabotage base. but its sver sabotage. so i was busy spawn camping for my grim reaper, silver bullet and combat machine gun ribbons. halfway through, i got a vote to kick me. wtf? whats a SL supposed to do in sabo? set a fargo point that is already set? i was worried that my 20 kills wouldn't have counted. eventually, the attacking squad overwhelmed A. i sneaked around and entered through the front steps and got them all. you need shooters to retake a checkpoint. by chance, i happened to look at everyone's stats. no one else had double digit kills except the PL. so the PL might have been the one that initiated the kick.

so im surprised that you kicked. youre a great player and probably a good SL. ive been in a few games where we couldn't get enough votes to kick the SL. these SL would never set a frago. i suspect most people dont know how to kick, despite being told the instructions many times over voice.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']yea 10 points with a chance at 10 FRAGO bonus points, but that is for bring people back to life.[/QUOTE]

yea I already unlocked healing others and resuscitation I'm talking about opening the next tier that makes your healing stronger. You get XP in direct relation to how many points get healed right?

Another reason for the whole kicking SL thing. It is common for clans or a group of friends to kick out someone they dont know to put their own people in. I've done it a few times myself :twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Supplice']Another reason for the whole kicking SL thing. It is common for clans or a group of friends to kick out someone they dont know to put their own people in. I've done it a few times myself lol[/QUOTE]

thats pretty lame. i really dont care if its me or not.... hell....

Yeah, that's one huge flaw with the voting system. I've been experiencing lag on Domination recently. It's either really smooth or really laggy.

[quote name='CheapyD']I'm on SVER if anyone wants to add me to a clan or something.[/QUOTE]

WOW!, the cheap masters himself on SVER. There is a CAG SVER clan Cheapy, if I can't send out an invite, have enufs8d send you one, I think he's the one who invited me. Great group from what I've seen. We have about 9-10 I believe. But one question Cheapy, since you are in JP, wouldn't your gaming hours be quite different from most of us here in the States?

You guys are getting me so hyped for this game (so thanks). This almost reminds me of "tribes" the old school pc game. At least the mod's I played on. Everyone does there job to win. It's not all cod4 esk.... Anychance I could get an invite (Sver) as soon as my amazon package arrives! (should have picked standard shipping!)

[quote name='Snake2715']I am fairly certain i am picking this up today.
Cant wait. The updates huge when you first get it?[/QUOTE]

The updates aren't that big really (MBs). On a good connection they take less than 10 minute overall (download and install, at least for me it was). The full game isn't like the beta that had about 2 hours of downloading.

[quote name='Scaevola']You guys are getting me so hyped for this game (so thanks). This almost reminds me of "tribes" the old school pc game. At least the mod's I played on. Everyone does there job to win. It's not all cod4 esk.... Anychance I could get an invite (Sver) as soon as my amazon package arrives! (should have picked standard shipping!)[/QUOTE]

Sure, I don't know if we have a limit to the number of members on a clan or group, but can do (but I will let enufs8d or Frank Deluded do that mainly since they are the highest level members on MAG I believe). Definitely a lot more teamwork than on MW2 and such but of course, ya need a mic, love this game really. Add me to PSN if ya want.

[quote name='Supplice']Ok, I went back to the release day to try and make a list of who and who is in what faction (by CAG usernames not PSN). So if your on different faction than you were before then let me know since I had to base most of these by association. Not many people blurted out what faction they were on. Anyway, maybe it would be better to for those to add one another in each faction. I'll pretty this up later.[/QUOTE]

I like it. Still sad to see that no one is playing Raven still though.

Ok, updated Roster list. 

Also

MAG Patch v1.01a
300Kb

Graphics
* Resolved issue that caused banding and/or artifacts in the sky.
Server
* Server performance enhancements with a focus on reducing lag issues.
* Lowered chances of encountering 5:5 errors
* Added additional statistics-focused servers
* Added additional servers for Japan.
* Reduces the amount of time after a game finishes before stats post to account.

=====
magcopyk.gif

backgroundhd2.jpg

Valor
-----------
Soodmeg
SteveMcQ
FriskyTankuki
fizzywix
sky03
fatmanforlife99
drbutchevil
phillyphill39

magwp07hd.jpg

Raven
-------------
Layd Dly
knightsdwn
whoknows
african redbush

21cyzpd.jpg

S.V.E.R.
---------------
Frank Deluded
enufs8d
seanr1221
Kandal
nightmare452
the_grimace
Romis
Shoki
ChernobylCow
CheapyD
Harley-tj
skams00

So whats everyones reason for choosing their faction? Backstory, weapons, friends, looks, what?

I will be reading a bit of the backstorys again when i get this and I typically like to be on a somewhat of an underdog team, as I hate having things just handed to me due to overpowering the other teams, with weapons or sheer size.

Snake2715 said:
So whats everyones reason for choosing their faction? Backstory, weapons, friends, looks, what?
I initially picked Raven because I am an Armored Core veteran. Then I got veteran status with my clan and we moved to Valor for a "challenge."

I like the look of Valor's uniforms the best. Plus, they have sunglasses that can only be operated by veteran members.

The backstories don't really mean anything to me, especially with the whole "every soldier was transported to the year 2025 to fight in the Shadow War" premise for this game.

Tried out Raven on another alternate account and I enjoyed them a lot. It seemed easier to get 2:1 kill/death ratios and the teamwork seemed a lot better in Acquisition matches, which we always won.

FYI

I don't know if it's just my imagination but I wasn't sure how the PITCH & ROTATION adjustments affected the game play in SETTINGS, but I tried changing them

found that moving Pitch to 100% gave me the ability to shoot at all angles (straight up or down over edges)
And ROTATION - I seemed have a 'dead spot' when walking or in combat, now I seem to pivot without moving just by turning my vision, so those that seem to keep getting killed by ghosts might want to try changing settings a bit to your likeing

on another note I do find it ironic that if you shoot someone you get 5pts but if you revive a teammate you get 10 pts...

Why did I joing SVER? After playing through the Beta's mostly as VALOR, getting to rank 30, then testing RAVEN, & SVER on the last two days , I found SVER interesting and worth looking into, Plus having some insight on what another faction does/has/uses is a bit valuable 'intel' so figure why not start with SVER and give it a go, plus they had was seemed like cool 'old school' weapons

[quote name='Snake2715']So whats everyones reason for choosing their faction? Backstory, weapons, friends, looks, what?

I will be reading a bit of the backstorys again when i get this and I typically like to be on a somewhat of an underdog team, as I hate having things just handed to me due to overpowering the other teams, with weapons or sheer size.[/QUOTE]

I simply picked SVER because they have Hockey Masks as gear for war. =\

Also, Good s**t Supplice. Also, for people interested in backstories and the leaders. These are official, btw.

Raven - http://www.facebook.com/ravenindustries

S.V.E.R. - http://www.facebook.com/sverpmc

Valor - http://www.facebook.com/valorcompany

i like the 10 pts revive. well, im biased since i like to play medics. the argument is that a revive makes a bigger impact on your team than a kill. in the ideal world, everyone is packing a med kit.

i picked sver because i wanted to level as fast as possible. I correctly predicted it would have the most number of people because of the gamestop preorder armor. a lot of the veteran/beta players moved to sver at launch or early start because their teammates suck. along with thinking, i felt that the other pmcs would get better as more people veteran/prestige into them.

Frank Deluded said:
Also, Good s**t Supplice. Also, for people interested in backstories and the leaders. These are official, btw.
Raven - http://www.facebook.com/ravenindustries
S.V.E.R. - http://www.facebook.com/sverpmc
Valor - http://www.facebook.com/valorcompany
Thanks . I updated the list on Page 30.

enufs8d said:
i like the 10 pts revive. well, im biased since i like to play medics. the argument is that a revive makes a bigger impact on your team than a kill. in the ideal world, everyone is packing a med kit.

i picked sver because i wanted to level as fast as possible. I correctly predicted it would have the most number of people because of the gamestop preorder armor. a lot of the veteran/beta players moved to sver at launch or early start because their teammates suck. along with thinking, i felt that the other pmcs would get better as more people veteran/prestige into them.

Once you go veteran, the 10% permanent XP bonus really helps through the early levels. :)

It's a shame that you didn't start the thread if not, you'd just be able to edit the first post with all that vital info.

Because as the thread goes gets longer, it's going to be hard for people to go to page 30 or tedious, I should say.

If there any possible way we can update the the first OP and retitle the thread with (check 1st post for roster) or something along those lines?

I know cheapman (backwards) started it, so...

~

I'm about to hop on later tonight for some games.

Being a medic is freakin' awesome. Just netted over 500XP in a round of Domination with Valor. Clear off the enemies with my AR then reviving is hella satisfying. Now I keep getting the urge to keep playing this game. Have to fight that temptation else, I'll be up all night leveling up.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']It's a shame that you didn't start the thread if not, you'd just be able to edit the first post with all that vital info.

Because as the thread goes gets longer, it's going to be hard for people to go to page 30 or tedious, I should say.

If there any possible way we can update the the first OP and retitle the thread with (check 1st post for roster) or something along those lines?
[/QUOTE]

Well I'll just link to the post in my sig for now so people won't have to hunt for it and make it easier for me to update. So if you guys know anyone getting the game or posting about adding people then can you guys refer them to my sig until we can get this info on the 1st post? I plan on posting here regularly and even though I estimate to be done with this game by March. I'll continue to update as needed.

How long does it take to get to Veteran? Im borrowing it from my friend to see if I like it and he's forcing me to pick Raven (even though I want Valor).

[quote name='pram12']How long does it take to get to Veteran? Im borrowing it from my friend to see if I like it and he's forcing me to pick Raven (even though I want Valor).[/QUOTE]

To put it into a slightly above-average player's perspective (at least 300 XP per game), I've played for about 12 hours and am only level 32.

i cant stop playin
i made a sver char on a diff account and its easier than valor thats forsure

the game is starting to feel alot like battlefield 2 though, bf2 is a good game but i hate the position lag =/

I, Dmackin01, will be joining SVER as soon as Best Buy gets it to me. If there is a CAG clan, please invite me or let me know where I can join. Thanks!

You guys want to talk about builds?

My best so far on SVER is:
Default MG+reflex sight+foregrip
Medic gun+resuscitate (50HP) (Seriously, revives gets you an extra 100XP per match at least)
Heavy Armor

Everything else I spent points on I hardly ever used. I've tried the assault rifle+grenade launcher but it was weak sauce. Best ever nade launcher was in America's Army (PC).

Claymores take way too long to set up even w/adv. explos in my opinion. I've tried the machine pistol and SMG but I don't really see the point. Shotgun is way too much tunnel vision for me.

I wanted to snipe in this game because I enjoy bipods (America's Army). But it's impossible to snipe+frag0. Plus the fronts are always changing so a dude always wonders onto you most of the time.

Vehicles. Do they ever die.

my final sver builds are:

tier 1 lmg + grip + reflex sight + stability
med gun + res
vx gas grenades (theyre really good at pushing people)
preorder enhanced armor
bonus health 120 hp!!!

or when shit hits the fan
smg (visperia) + reflex sight + stability (+ silencer)
med gun + res
repair gun
preorder enhanced armor
bonus health 120 hp!!!

so i reached level 60 with sver. what faction should i join now? im reluctant to join raven because i dont have preorder armor. did you guys know that preorder armor has the heavy armor properties with medium weight? lol. Or should i stick around sver and rack up some of those harder to get ribbons.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I am slightly interested in this game. Does it hold up well?[/QUOTE]
So far what I like about MAG is being part of such a huge battle. So much stuff is happening you can kind of mix and match what you want to do. Snipe, Run and Gun, Heal, Repair, Lay Explosives, Take Objectives, Defend Objectives, etc.

If the guy giving orders is good logical objectives just show up on your map. If he sucks you can look at the map and see what's going on and help.

One of the best things for a "casual player" is that if you suck you are only a small percentage of the suckage. 0.7% of the suck on a 128 man team as compared to 25% of the suck on a 4 man team.
smile.gif

That said it's a super target rich environment so even as a 3rd tier player you are going to be able to get kills and contribute even if it's just for repairing stuff or for your team members to get points for resurrecting you.

The confusion is awesome your squad is racing toward the objective, enemies are streaming in, mortar barrages, bombing runs.

Lots of fun! Give it a rent and rank up to level 20 or so for a fair shake.

Speaking of which, once in a domination game for Valor--I did have to speak Spanish to one of the PL's. I think I had to speak French once to another SL and his squad. I thought it was fun because the other players were always like "WTH? o_O"

*CAG - MAG Player Roster updated. Click siggy

[quote name='Supplice']Speaking of which, once in a domination game for Valor--I did have to speak Spanish to one of the PL's. I think I had to speak French once to another SL and his squad. I thought it was fun because the other players were always like "WTH? o_O"

*CAG - MAG Player Roster updated. Click siggy[/QUOTE]

Your sig doesn't show up in this thread, but it does in others? Or is that just me.

Can you also give me the link, I want to paste it on my sig.

If you think you deserve control of the OP, report the OP and explain the situation to see if a mod can make you the OP for the thread. It's happened before when an OP's been banned, so any mod that knows how to do it should be able to help.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']Your sig doesn't show up in this thread, but it does in others? Or is that just me.

Can you also give me the link, I want to paste it on my sig.[/QUOTE]

If your settings are like mine a sig only shows up once per page. So scroll up to find his first post on that individual page

Also could I get added to SVER on that and any FR for listerfiend78 would be greatly appreciated this game is so dependent on who you play with. And while I was entertained playing with some guys talking about the pitfalls of selling weed I didn't really appreciate playing with their stoned asses.

bread's done
Back