MAG Discussion Thread

Just bought the game as well. Didn't buy the starter pack but I did DL the other DLC.

Been playing for a week now, at level 17 Valor. PSN ID is in the avatar.

Did this game die or WHAT?!

I signed on after a couple weeks of not playing, because I just felt like stabbin people. But now, if you look at the queue.....it's all single digits.... was 126 people per mode of play, and now it's like 1, 4, 26, 5, 1......

Is this the result of newer games coming out, or did Zipper do something to piss everyone off? I just can't imagine a game with that many players 2 weeks ago...... just completely go exstinct.

I really REALLY REALLY don't want to get into the MW franchise just to get some decent matches going on.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think the queuing numbers are different then if you were to look at each room individually. Because when I look at them individually theres gotta be a least 3,000 people playing if not more.

Last edited by a moderator:
The game died when they failed to put in a clan match system. Even though Slant Six took forever to pull out 1.60 patch for Socom, they got it right with the calendar system. If there was dedicated nights determined by Zipper for clans to compete in, then the in game's "shadow war" would have had more meaning.

Do you think maybe they crippled the clan support for this game so it wouldn't surpass Socom? It's a ludicrous question but I see no benefit by not improving it now that you mentioned it.

I like the idea of the clan system but the few clans that I did take part in ( no longer then a night) nobody could ever seem to get their shit together. I've done a lot better when I toss the mic off to the side and kind of stick to one thing. Maybe I'm just pairing up with the wrong people lol.

But like I said in the other post, there are still a lot of people playing. I just read the multi-que thing wrong. I don't think I've wait more then a minute or two to join a match, but every room I've been in, it's always been full of players.

Not at all, just hit Multi-Queue and you'll be in a game in no time. Every time I play I always get into full rooms. It doesn't hurt to join a clan though, they don't necessarily have to be on your friends list. Make sure you download the DLC maps as well, you get a few extra weapons to choose from.

The knife just got patched BACK to normal, since then I've seen the queues triple in numbers. Maps went faction neutral as well, so no team has an advantage over the other and the weapons are fairly balanced. Also you can now use all three slots now, as before you had to pay for the other two.

And if you don't have a mic, buy one. It's key when your in a clan, because everyone needs to be communicating.

Escalation Mission Pack is $9.99 and I'm guessing the Interdiction Mission Pack is the same. The only reason I'm not sure is because I keep getting "This content cannot be accessed on your account". Even though I know for a fact I have it, I play the game everyday.....

I recently picked this up along with the starter kit which includes Escalation, Interdiction and a few avatars/dynamic themes. It also includes 30-day access to two extra character slots (which seems worthless to me). I'm enjoying it so far, but I do wish there was destructible terrain or destructible buildings / trees etc. Maybe the guys at Dice need team up with Zipper Interactive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah destructible environments would of definitely been a nice touch but at least the rest is solid as Breach put a lot of emphasis on that however, ultimately did not deliver in other aspects.

bread's done
Back