MAG Discussion Thread

since I've only been sver, I can't really comment, but most of the good players started on SVER from what I recall.

[quote name='MSUHitman']So which is better, SVER or Valor? Raven seems to be nothing but TK's from the previous posts.[/QUOTE]

Today I got TK'ed for being a sniper. It happens quite often for me actually on raven. It is pretty annoying, especially if their on another squad so you can't boot them or anything. Tonight I was playing with a bunch of Japanese players on sabotage and we were getting owned pretty bad. So they all decided to run around and teamkill back at spawn. We were gonna lose so I didn't care anyways, but I see raven players TK their own snipers all the time, but not for any other reason really.

I have a SVER account and I was TK'ed once by some guy who had some anger issues. Never got TK'ed for being a sniper there.

I hate being on Raven anyways, we usually lose when we attack and lose quite often defending. I usually win defending on my SVER account, and win pretty often attacking. SVER or Valor is a nice choice, depends on what guns/aesthetics you like more. And if you like SMG's SVERs has a 64 round clip while Valor's is only 30. If that helps at all.

Made a SVER character. Played the tutorial then 1 hour of gameplay and I'm at level 4.

How do you heal/revive another player if I've put points in those skills? Whenever I equip the first aid needle, all I can do is heal myself it seems.

MSUHitman, that's because you need the medical kit to heal and revive others. The first-aid kit only works on you. You can purchase the medical kit from the supply depot at level 3 for 800 CP (I think).

So I picked up MAG from the gamefly sale and I got a question. Is there a CAG clan group? or something equivalent? Add me on PSN Prix-Dante. I'm in the Valor faction.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Made a SVER character. Played the tutorial then 1 hour of gameplay and I'm at level 4.

How do you heal/revive another player if I've put points in those skills? Whenever I equip the first aid needle, all I can do is heal myself it seems.[/QUOTE]

Hope you're liking it. From what I hear on the forums it's tough for low levels with no cp or skill points. It's definitely fun when you get some cp for guns and start putting points into your weapon of choice.
@Prix Dante I'm pretty sure there was a thread for it somewhere, but I can't find it.

I'm interested in this as well, I might pick up a copy up depending how well the Move controls are incorporated into game.

[quote name='torifile']How is the Move control in the game?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Prix Dante']So I picked up MAG from the gamefly sale and I got a question. Is there a CAG clan group? or something equivalent? Add me on PSN Prix-Dante. I'm in the Valor faction.[/QUOTE]

The CAG clan never really materialized....and it was also on Raven. BUT I'm on Valor in a clan and the only requirement for the clan is to have a mic and we can help you through the early frustrations. If you're interested my PSN is Dude-Ranch- but if you have a mic and see someone with an MIA clan tag, just ask and I'm sure an officer would take you in. We've been running groups of around 20 onto the battlefield lately.

P.S. the new update is a little buggy so if you get frozen/locked up, just stay in the smaller game modes for now, there should be a patch coming out soon to fix it.

[quote name='SkankinRex'] If you're interested my PSN is Dude-Ranch- but if you have a mic and see someone with an MIA clan tag, just ask and I'm sure an officer would take you in. We've been running groups of around 20 onto the battlefield lately.
[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen the MIA clan yet, but I have a feeling I will eventually. I do have a mic, just I haven't been in a good group worth while to use it.

P.S.
I added you on PSN and I'm currently at 14 rank.

So I just got the game earlier from the Gamefly sale. Started playing with the DS3 and the Move Controller. Honestly it took a lot of getting used to and the DS3 in my left hand was pretty awkward. Despite that though, I was impressed with how well it calibrated, and how accurate it was. I have a Navigation Controller coming in the mail, so hopefully that will make things easier.

Im going to start a character in sver. for those of you who are just gettign into it (like me) send me an invite or pm here or something. id much prefer some cags to learn the game than on my own.

[quote name='paz9x']Im going to start a character in sver. for those of you who are just gettign into it (like me) send me an invite or pm here or something. id much prefer some cags to learn the game than on my own.[/QUOTE]

Same, I was in Valor when I started but will probably move over to sver.

I'm in Raven right now, but if we're getting a CAG clan going I'll vet over wherever. I pretty much like all 3 factions.

Don't really play SVER anymore, but I got some tips for you guys just starting. Made a fresh Valor char and the beginning is not too bad if you know what to do.

-Save up for the med kit in the supply depot. It's 800 CP, and will make CP and leveling a lot easier.

-Spec your first five points into the medical tree, 2 in the first row, then to the bottom for full resurrection. It gives you 10 points/exp, and 10 more if you're near your objective.

-There's these things called ribbons which are kind of like achievements per match you play. These ribbons give you additional CP, here's a link to known ribbon CP rewards: http://forums.mag.com/t5/MAG-Discussion/Ribbon-CP-Guide-help-needed/td-p/796082

-Once you get to a high enough level for acquisition and domination, equip a repair kit and repair anything you see. I got 4 ribbons on my level 16 valor guy just repairing broken equipment, and got 700-800 CP for doing so. Total with kills/healing was 1137 CP.

Mag loves to reward players for repairing/healing/ressing people, so make use of it for easy CP and Exp! If any of you guys want to add me, just PM me for my psn. I'm not sure if my bluetooth works though, so who knows how much more help I can be. Hope you guys enjoy the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the tips.
I wouldnt mind getting a group together either.
just pm my psn account or here.

[quote name='drooli']Don't really play SVER anymore, but I got some tips for you guys just starting. Made a fresh Valor char and the beginning is not too bad if you know what to do.

-Save up for the med kit in the supply depot. It's 800 CP, and will make CP and leveling a lot easier.

-Spec your first five points into the medical tree, 2 in the first row, then to the bottom for full resurrection. It gives you 10 points/exp, and 10 more if you're near your objective.

-There's these things called ribbons which are kind of like achievements per match you play. These ribbons give you additional CP, here's a link to known ribbon CP rewards: http://forums.mag.com/t5/MAG-Discussion/Ribbon-CP-Guide-help-needed/td-p/796082

-Once you get to a high enough level for acquisition and domination, equip a repair kit and repair anything you see. I got 4 ribbons on my level 16 valor guy just repairing broken equipment, and got 700-800 CP for doing so. Total with kills/healing was 1137 CP.

Mag loves to reward players for repairing/healing/ressing people, so make use of it for easy CP and Exp! If any of you guys want to add me, just PM me for my psn. I'm not sure if my bluetooth works though, so who knows how much more help I can be. Hope you guys enjoy the game.[/QUOTE]

Theres probably a cag clan already but I made another primarily for the new folks in this thread who plan on getting into the game. Its a sver clan.
clan name is - cheapMAGgamer
tag is - CAG

edit - anybody from cag can join regardless of how much theyve played, its not specifically for new players.

Google Doc from megiddo
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tUI0UJ74L3ushDdvrMGC__w#gid=0

Add your MAG info to the doc.

[quote name='paz9x']Theres probably a cag clan already but I made another primarily for the new folks in this thread who plan on getting into the game. Its a sver clan.
clan name is - cheapMAGgamer
tag is - CAG

edit - anybody from cag can join regardless of how much theyve played, its not specifically for new players.[/QUOTE]

paz9x, sounds good. I would be interested in joining as soon as I get the game, probably will around next week.

I posted up a docs thread a few posts above for anyone, just edit and post your info in to your respective faction. Easier to get some CAG matches going.

I'm thinking about upgrading my FW on my ps3 and saying to hell with using JB. I miss playing online games :D But if I do that I'd play with you guys, it's been awhile but I bought the game on release so I know how to play the game.

join up underdog.

Just so the new folks are clear, if youre going to start a character and you want to join the clan and play together, you have to be in sver.

dont forget to add your info to the doc posted above.

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']paz9x, sounds good. I would be interested in joining as soon as I get the game, probably will around next week.

I posted up a docs thread a few posts above for anyone, just edit and post your info in to your respective faction. Easier to get some CAG matches going.[/QUOTE]

You should go buy it this week and get rollin.

I added the google doc link in my clan post, hope you dont mind.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Ok I'm updating my FW, I havn't played with the new clan features, so does someone have to send me an invite? My psn is Judohawk.[/QUOTE]

i have no idea haha. search for me or the clan and try and join. post your results.

I played a bit of MAG earlier with the Move controls...wasn't really feeling it. Granted, I dont have a Nav controller, but the aiming itself was too "floaty". I'm too used to playing FPS's on my PC and having twitch precision with my mouse and totally hate using a controller, so I thought maybe Move would suit me better, but I guess not.

one of the game sites did a review on killzone 3 with move controls and said it was the superior way to play it. There might be hope for motion controls and shooters.

I'm playing with Move, and after a few games its not so bad. I think the Navigation Controller is pretty essential though. That and lowering the Sensitivity a lot!

For those interested in joining the clan it looks like youll need to send me a FR and ill go ahead and send the clan invites out.

Well, only a couple takers on the new clan.

You guys want to get together? if theres a time you want to play let me know, my schedule is fairly open.

edit - ive got around 4 hours playtime, the more i play the more I like it.

Sorry I havn't been around for a few days, been fishing and stuff in the evenings and whatnot. Gonna have to set up a time soon to play.

I finally got the game. I need to dig up my headset and fire the game up. I'll try to get on tonight but with my wife and I splitting time on the "main" TV, I might not be able to.

I tried to play with move for the first time but was getting raped so needless to say i couldn't get used to it after 70 hours of playing MAG with a standard controller. But i recently Vet'd into SVER i dont have a ton of play time with a little one now but i am still looking to join a clan.

Finally downloaded all the updates and installed them. I'm having a hell of a hard time with the Move controller and the way it controls mouse look. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it's going to take a while, I think.

I've played about an hour so far. I am still learning the ropes but I can already tell that the accuracy of the controller will do wonders for my game. In my heyday on COD4, I was really proficient with the maps and did pretty well considering I couldn't aim. Now that my aim should be better, I'm going to be unstoppable! :lol: Not really but it's all good.

Well if any of you want to get on tonight. its 845 pst now. message me here.
ill probably be on in a while.

For those that want to join the clan or just play together send me an fr and ill also invite you to the clan.

Can anybody recommend an upgrade path? I have the medkit and full rez. upgraded my sprint, I have some points but im not sure how to best allocate them.

Posting the google docs again here, anyone is free to edit it, I will pm the OP of this thread to see if he can post it in the first post of this thread.
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tUI0UJ74L3ushDdvrMGC__w#gid=0

I am getting the game in today. So I will add you later on paz9x.

In response to your question, it depends really. I do think one of the best things about mag is that you really have to think about your upgrade patch, as you can ever really fully upgrade on path fully without sacrificing some other upgrades.

Picked this up during the past B2G1 sale but haven't played (needed to study). Maybe tonight or later this week. I really enjoy BF:BC2 and think this will be another that will take up my MP time. Add me to any lists you've got!

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Picked this up during the past B2G1 sale but haven't played (needed to study). Maybe tonight or later this week. I really enjoy BF:BC2 and think this will be another that will take up my MP time. Add me to any lists you've got![/QUOTE]

Send me an FR and ill invite you to the clan.
also input your infor into megiddo's google doc.

if youre just starting, the clan is in sver.

[quote name='paz9x']Well if any of you want to get on tonight. its 845 pst now. message me here.
ill probably be on in a while.

For those that want to join the clan or just play together send me an fr and ill also invite you to the clan.

Can anybody recommend an upgrade path? I have the medkit and full rez. upgraded my sprint, I have some points but im not sure how to best allocate them.[/QUOTE]

If you're running repairing for easy CP then I suggest 4 points into engineering for faster repairing. After that go after your weapon of choice.

bread's done
Back