MAG Discussion Thread

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']on right now, added you sver guys, paz9x feel free to invite me to the clan.[/QUOTE]
invite sent
[quote name='drooli']If you're running repairing for easy CP then I suggest 4 points into engineering for faster repairing. After that go after your weapon of choice.[/QUOTE]
I accepted your FR, did I play with you in a game a couple days ago?
I recall seeing a bearjew and laughing at the name.

[quote name='paz9x']wel getting disconnected again and again for 15 minutes is super fun.
I give up for today.[/QUOTE]

Looks like you got off at the wrong time, I was able to connect as soon as you hopped off.:lol:

[quote name='Megiddo_CAG']Looks like you got off at the wrong time, I was able to connect as soon as you hopped off.:lol:[/QUOTE]

my ps3 was corrupting the servers haha

I got back on, hopped in a game and got disconnected within a minute.
I dont have the patience for that shit.

I spent over 30 minutes trying to play the fucking game instead of enjoying myself.

[quote name='paz9x']invite sent

I accepted your FR, did I play with you in a game a couple days ago?
I recall seeing a bearjew and laughing at the name.[/QUOTE]

Haha no idea. I can be on after 9 pst tonight. Work ):

OK, so I played a little over the weekend with the Move and think I can dig it; my only question is about the aim-box. I have it set to as small as it can go but I STILL need to get to almost the edge of the screen with the reticle before it'll turn. Is there any way to make that box smaller?

I still don't understand why devs don't give the option to treat your aiming reticle (with motion controls) like mouse aiming on the PC.

OK, I played for about an hour and a half last night and really don't think this game is for me. I can't count the number of times I was sniped within the first 10 seconds of spawning; not to mention the times I was dead RIGHT when I saw someone from the opposing team.

I'm thinking BF:BC2 is my MP drug of choice on this console. I may give it another try, but so far I'm not really feeling it.

[quote name='drooli']The game is challenging for new players. Once you get some weapons and skill points it gets much better.[/QUOTE]

This! its hard to be competitive until your at least levels 10-15 esp now with the new perk system.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']OK, I played for about an hour and a half last night and really don't think this game is for me. I can't count the number of times I was sniped within the first 10 seconds of spawning; not to mention the times I was dead RIGHT when I saw someone from the opposing team.

I'm thinking BF:BC2 is my MP drug of choice on this console. I may give it another try, but so far I'm not really feeling it.[/QUOTE]

This game does require some patience on the initial levels, but once you get the hang of it, and get to know the maps you'll see why some many of us love it (probably you haven't even played domination, which is the crowning jewel of the MAG experience).

Learn your maps, stay close to your squad (avoid running solo as in BC2). The 2.0 patch made guns a lot more powerful, so you need to be more careful when moving around and not rushing across the map

Folks, Escalation DLC releases today, regular price 9.99, 7.99 if you purchased Interdiction (check your PSN messages). here's also an starter pack that includes Interdiction+Escalation+a bunch of freebies for $15 bucks. Good time to buy the DLC!

[quote name='erequena']Folks, Escalation DLC releases today, regular price 9.99, 7.99 if you purchased Interdiction (check your PSN messages). here's also an starter pack that includes Interdiction+Escalation+a bunch of freebies for $15 bucks. Good time to buy the DLC![/QUOTE]

Umm it's not on the PSN Store update. Only the price drop of Interdiction to $4.99 is showing.

[quote name='whoknows']I'll be buying Escalation...anyone else?

I hope people actually play it, unlike Interdiction.[/QUOTE]

Buying it for sure

Interdiction has been quite playable for the last two weeks or so (they reduced the starting player limit to 40, and 200% XP bonus, so now it's not that hard to find a game (And I usually play around 12 am to 3 am Friday/Saturday, so my guess is that on other times it should be even easier

I just got it as well over the $7.99 deal I was offered on PSN even though I already have Interdiction.

Wish I didn't. The themes are awful. The avatars are ok I guess. Probably will never use them though.

Yeah for those that don't know, the Starter pack w both DLC's and a bunch of extra stuff, is $10 on Amazon's PSN Store, which is $5 cheaper than direct from PSN and equal to the new DLC by itself. Even if you already have the first DLC everything in the pack is seperate downloads so you can still get the pack.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah for those that don't know, the Starter pack w both DLC's and a bunch of extra stuff, is $10 on Amazon's PSN Store, which is $5 cheaper than direct from PSN and equal to the new DLC by itself. Even if you already have the first DLC everything in the pack is seperate downloads so you can still get the pack.[/QUOTE]

How did that purchase go for you? It says currently unavailable for me

I've been playing my raven and valor accounts lately, and I always seem to lose ):
Never see you sver guys on though, hopefully this weekend.

How big is the MAG community? I just bought my PS3 from Amazon and well I am looking for a shooter that is not Call of Duty to get into. I used to play Socom religiously so I know Zipper makes good stuff.

I just started playing so I'm not sure but the matches I was in always had a good deal of people in them.

Also, the people with mics don't sound like the "toughass 12 year olds" from CoD.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']How big is the MAG community? I just bought my PS3 from Amazon and well I am looking for a shooter that is not Call of Duty to get into. I used to play Socom religiously so I know Zipper makes good stuff.[/QUOTE]

It had a few thousand online I think last time I checked. You wont have a problem getting into a game.

I haven't checked since Black Ops came out, but I'm personally going back to MAG. Black Ops online is way too laggy and just not as fun to play as it could be.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']How big is the MAG community? I just bought my PS3 from Amazon and well I am looking for a shooter that is not Call of Duty to get into. I used to play Socom religiously so I know Zipper makes good stuff.[/QUOTE]
Good luck lasting longer than half a second after respawn in this game unless you only play with friends who have it cuz the vets are brutal and can pick you off from half a map away. That's why I gave up on this damned game soon after buying it.:whistle2:#:roll:

Is that new with the vets? I put well over 100 hours into this online and didnt have that problem... I mean its not a movie where you can take 100 shots to die. Dont run right into a fire fight with guns blazing... and not expect to be seen.

[quote name='Snake2715']Is that new with the vets? I put well over 100 hours into this online and didnt have that problem... I mean its not a movie where you can take 100 shots to die. Dont run right into a fire fight with guns blazing... and not expect to be seen.[/QUOTE]
I wasn't. I was sneaking the frick around and trying NOT to be seen. The only way I was able to get ANY kills was by using my knife. Otherwise as soon as I'd peek out of my hiding spot from where I was trying to snipe other people I'd be picked off.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I wasn't. I was sneaking the frick around and trying NOT to be seen. The only way I was able to get ANY kills was by using my knife. Otherwise as soon as I'd peek out of my hiding spot from where I was trying to snipe other people I'd be picked off.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem. It took me a while to get used to where all the snipers hang out. After a while (and a few upgrades), I was able to take them out with an assault rifle.

MAG is very much an unforgiving game that hates new players, but I find the feeling of success much greater in this game than in other FPSs.

Now I can go into a spiel about how games today have lost that feeling of success with their effort to be much more forgiving, but that is a rant for another day :)

I don't blame you for giving up, especially with all the new stuff out right now. It's like if there was a girl who you knew would be good to you in the future, but next to her is an extremely hot supermodel and all you are looking for is a quickie.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I wasn't. I was sneaking the frick around and trying NOT to be seen. The only way I was able to get ANY kills was by using my knife. Otherwise as soon as I'd peek out of my hiding spot from where I was trying to snipe other people I'd be picked off.[/QUOTE]

What faction/sniper rifle were you using?

Going to clean up the OP in a bit.

Trying to figure out how to make it easier to hook up with current players. Google doc links again and what not.

[quote name='Vader582']Anyone stilling playing this?
It's $15 at Gamestop and GS.com ATM.
I grabbed a sealed non-GH version last night.[/QUOTE]

Yup! This game has been surprisingly consistent.

You won't find 1,000,000 people on at once, but you will always be able to find a game.

[quote name='DrMunkee']Yup! This game has been surprisingly consistent.

You won't find 1,000,000 people on at once, but you will always be able to find a game.[/QUOTE]
Awesome! I was always interested in the game but not enough of my friends play on PSN.
For $15 though, I couldn't resist.
I was reading a couple of community threads about persistent lockups during gameplay.
Are you having issues like that?

[quote name='Vader582']Awesome! I was always interested in the game but not enough of my friends play on PSN.
For $15 though, I couldn't resist.
I was reading a couple of community threads about persistent lockups during gameplay.
Are you having issues like that?[/QUOTE]

i dont have a ton of hours but I dont think ive experienced anything like that at all.

[quote name='Vader582']Anyone stilling playing this?
It's $15 at Gamestop and GS.com ATM.
I grabbed a sealed non-GH version last night.[/QUOTE]

thanks! I'm going to pick up a copy today!

I'd have to disagree with the game being consistent in terms of always being able to find a game. Maybe, it's just me and my search parameters?

Awhile ago I could not get into a match of Dom, that's the only mode I really like to play. Although, I haven't tried the DLC modes.

[quote name='Vader582']Hrm, the servers are down for maintenence...on a weekend?! :shock:
That's not a good sign...

Nevermind, servers back up![/QUOTE]

They've been doing a lot of update for all the move stuff. I've never been on with a problem.

[quote name='Frank Deluded']I'd have to disagree with the game being consistent in terms of always being able to find a game. Maybe, it's just me and my search parameters?

Awhile ago I could not get into a match of Dom, that's the only mode I really like to play. Although, I haven't tried the DLC modes.[/QUOTE]

What team do you play on? Aside from at like 4AM EST, I've barely ever had to wait in a lobby for Raven.

It could just depend on the time of day you play.

I just played about 4 or 5 matches without any issues.
I'm really enjoying the game.
Def. worth $15 ihmo.
Now should I buy the $15 DLC starter pack? Hrm...:lol:
Anyone know if having this pack would keep me from playing with friends who may not have it?

anyone try it with the move?

the game can be extremely rewarding or frustrating depending on your teammates. when it launched, i teamed with kandal and his people on sver. we were almost unstoppable due to great communication and the willingness to help and listen to each other.

when i made the switch to the other pmc's, the game became frustrating as the the team focus wasnt on team b/c everyone tried to play it as halo/cod/etc. to succeed, you really need all 8 team members attacking the turrents. take down one by one and then onto the triple A. so i learned to farm as much as xp as possible to get out of my factions. got level 60 raven and 40s in the other one.

I tried it with the Move and found it a bit hard to go about with a ds3 and my camera was low. ill try again with the camera higher and see if that makes it feel better . it was fun but it may benefit with the nav controller

[quote name='DrMunkee']They've been doing a lot of update for all the move stuff. I've never been on with a problem.

What team do you play on? Aside from at like 4AM EST, I've barely ever had to wait in a lobby for Raven.

It could just depend on the time of day you play.[/QUOTE]

I was on Raven when I hopped on and it was around late afternoon PST. Maybe, it was just a slow day. I do miss this game though.

It's definitely worth $15 bucks though. I bought it for $60 when it came out and I feel like I definitely got my money's worth. Nothing compares when your running a full squad and everyone's on the same wavelength.

[quote name='Vader582']I just played about 4 or 5 matches without any issues.
I'm really enjoying the game.
Def. worth $15 ihmo.
Now should I buy the $15 DLC starter pack? Hrm...:lol:
Anyone know if having this pack would keep me from playing with friends who may not have it?[/QUOTE]
The assault rifles are great from the pack. I pick em up from dead enemies every chance I get. The DLC's won't keep you from your friends unless you queue for the DLC modes.
And yes Raven seems barren. I can hardly get into DOM games unless it's like mornings-afternoon hours PST.

[quote name='drooli']The assault rifles are great from the pack. I pick em up from dead enemies every chance I get. The DLC's won't keep you from your friends unless you queue for the DLC modes.
And yes Raven seems barren. I can hardly get into DOM games unless it's like mornings-afternoon hours PST.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info.
Maybe this $15 sale will help MAG? I've got a few friends who are picking it up also.
I'm glad I chose Valor then. Originally I was going to go with Raven.

[quote name='Vader582']Thanks for the info.
Maybe this $15 sale will help MAG? I've got a few friends who are picking it up also.
I'm glad I chose Valor then. Originally I was going to go with Raven.[/QUOTE]

I'll add my valor account on the google docs, I'm tired of running around by myself. I don't think my mic works though ):

bread's done
Back