Mario Kart Wii Controller Preference

R/N is the only way to go. The Wheel is fun, but to get serious I need the analog stick, even if it's totally mental. ;)

The combo is the best balance between classic controls and being able to deftly do tricks / POW recovery

[quote name='chwang0129']so far this poll tells us a little over 50% of the MKWii players prefer more traditional controls (wiimote+nunchuck, Gamecube/Wavebird, Classic)

57.69% = wiimote+nunchuck, Gamecube/Wavebird, Classic
42.31% = Wii Wheel or Wiimote solo[/QUOTE]

I personally don't consider the wiimote+nunchuk combo traditional at all. The Wii Wheel AND the nunchuk combo are what's new. The classic controller & GNC controller are traditional types.

[quote name='lilboo']I personally don't consider the wiimote+nunchuk combo traditional at all. The Wii Wheel AND the nunchuk combo are what's new. The classic controller & GNC controller are traditional types.[/QUOTE]
I would dispute that the nunchuk combo is new. So long as the steering uses an analog stick, it's the same old tired shackles that Nintendo's trying to rescue us from with *cue timpani* MOTION CONTROL.

I suppose I should try all the options first before making a decision....but I'll ask this now: What would the Thrustmaster fall under? Classic?

I hate how you cant use the d pad on the classic controller for some of these games. I tried the wheel a few times but I just use the wiimote numchuck combo.

I love the wheel. I don't know what the hell people are talking about when they say it takes a long time to get used to (not here... some review I read) because as soon as I started my first race I knew exactly what I was doing.

I do kind of feel like I maybe should have picked up a 360 wheel instead... racing video games with a wheel isn't exactly a new thing. PGR4 would be sweet with a wheel...

Classic Controller for me. I would have probably started using the Nunchuck once the wheel's novelty wore off (and it wore off pretty quickly), but when I went to buy a fourth Nunchuck, Target was out of stock so I decided to get a Classic controller instead. I actually like it a lot and I'm not sure if I'll end up getting that fourth Nunchuck... the Classic works fine for Mario Kart and SSBB, and those are the only games where I actually need Wiimote attachments.

I really like the wheel and used it through 50cc and 100cc. At 150cc, I felt like the control wasn't tight enough, so I switched to the Wavebird. I found I could steer a little better, but I missed the easier item use and tricks the wheel offers. I'm going to go try the remote/nunchuck combo now.

i pretty much dominate with the nunchuck combo, i prefer it over the GC controller for some reason. but the wheel is alot more fun to play with. whenever i play with my GF (who nowhere near is as good as I am even though we played mk64 religiously) I use the wheel as my handicap.

Joining the ranks of those who say the Wheel may be the more fun way to play, or they'll play with a wheel when with friends or local multiplayer. But, when playing online, make the switch to the Wiimote+Nunchuck combo. I actually like the wheel a lot, but, then made the switch over to the combo and realized all the control and precision I was missing, even though it did lose some of the fun and novelty.

Wiimote and Nunchuck Here, havent tried the Wii Wheel yet but will eventually. Will probably use the wheel more for excite truck than anything else.

bread's done
Back