Mark V Flaming Avatar Helmet for Xbox 360 (Downloadable Content)$ .99

[quote name='Ionotropic']Weird, but cool for those who didn't grab it during the gamestop preorder of noble map pack.[/QUOTE]
yea seems like bestbuy is selling dlc and online game now for both 360 and ps3 gamestop isnt exclusive with that no more

[quote name='Ionotropic']Weird, but cool for those who didn't grab it during the gamestop preorder of noble map pack.[/QUOTE]

If you participated in the live beta program for the "new disc type" or whatever they sent it to you as a thank you too (or at least I got one).

[quote name='kidrocklive']If you participated in the live beta program for the "new disc type" or whatever they sent it to you as a thank you too (or at least I got one).[/QUOTE]

Same here, but why would anyone actually buy this...?

I got this from the Dashboard Update Beta Program with Halo Reach. But what's the big deal with paying tax on something that costs a dollar. If this was on Xbox Avatar Marketplace you would probably be paying like 240MSP.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']I got this from the Dashboard Update Beta Program with Halo Reach. But what's the big deal with paying tax on something that costs a dollar. If this was on Xbox Avatar Marketplace you would probably be paying like 240MSP.[/QUOTE]

Indeed

[quote name='drStaton']wasnt this selling for top dollar on ebay a while back?[/QUOTE]

No, that was the in game flaming helmet visible in multiplayer, this is an avatar prop.

[quote name='drStaton']wasnt this selling for top dollar on ebay a while back?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you are confusing it with the halo reach in game flaming helmet which was (I seen it go for $70, not sure if any was higher). This however is just an avatar prop.

[quote name='Firecrest']I'm ashamed to admit that I've bought more expensive props for my avatar. In for 1. Thanks, OP.[/QUOTE]

I'm standing my ground that I am not buying any avatar prop until they get NHL jerseys up....

[quote name='kidrocklive']I'm sure you are confusing it with the halo reach in game flaming helmet which was (I seen it go for $70, not sure if any was higher). This however is just an avatar prop.[/QUOTE]

No I'm sure this was selling for around $15-$20 on eBay not long ago

EDIT: And thanks chemo

[quote name='iRandom']No I'm sure this was selling for around $15-$20 on eBay not long ago

EDIT: And thanks chemo[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't surprise me. It's amazing how much people spend for DLC on eBay.

[quote name='kidrocklive']It wouldn't surprise me. It's amazing how much people spend for DLC on eBay.[/QUOTE]

I know but what can you do? People are people. The only thing you can do leave it alone, or take advantage of it ;) :lol:
But I'm not buying one. I already got mine from the xbox preview and by now, the demand would have gone down with the excess and accessibility of said item

It's actually an ODST helmet. Just to warn you.

Unfortunate that the beta avatar helmet is no longer unique because of this.

odd. it doesn't seem to like my shipping address that I have always used for my BB account even though it's pointless on this order lol

For a moment, I thought this was the bonus that you got for buying the legendary edition of one of the Halo games. I can't remember which one off the top of my head. It would have been interesting for those who were trying to sell the code.

[quote name='IPlay4Fun']even though they r free now, ppl just giving them away. its still a good deal only .99[/QUOTE]
where?

If these helmets have been around for a while, why are they still advertising it as a Mark V Helmet, just change the name to ODST. Silly Microsoft.

[quote name='imacgod']It's actually an ODST helmet. Just to warn you.

Unfortunate that the beta avatar helmet is no longer unique because of this.[/QUOTE]

there is an ever subtle difference between the flaming Mark V and the ODST helmet, but at a glance or anywhere more than 8 inches from your TV it pretty much looks identical.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']For a moment, I thought this was the bonus that you got for buying the legendary edition of one of the Halo games. I can't remember which one off the top of my head. It would have been interesting for those who were trying to sell the code.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that was for the flaming helmet in-game when you bought Legendary Reach.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Same here, but why would anyone actually buy this...?[/QUOTE]

Because ass-hats on eBay are trying to gouge people $15/ea. for these codes... Same with the LA Noire pre-order DLC. I am glad stuff like this is being sold. Now the eBay ass-hats cant rape people for almost-worthless codes anymore. :D

[quote name='iRandom']No I'm sure this was selling for around $15-$20 on eBay not long ago

The last two weeks this sold on Ebay for about 12 dollars max. As for part of the Reach DLC no this was not apart of the LEgendary nor Collector's Edition this was as far as I can tell only given to Beta Testers to the new Disc format. Hope that helps clear any confusion.

actually about 2 months ago they sold for $50...

Yeah I got mine through the beta program also...I kept having to redownload it because I couldn't find it when I was editing my avatar...I thought it would be in the marketplace w/ the halo avatar stuff or avatar rewards...

[quote name='fiddycan']I bought one for myself and one for a friend and both the orders got cancelled... Not sure why...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got about 5, one for myself and a couple for friends and to try to sell off to recoup some of the costs, but 2 of my orders were refunded/cancelled as well.

For some reason, BB's site is complaining about my shipping address despite that I've ordered from them before. Shipping addresses shouldn't even matter on a purchase like this. Anyone else seeing the big nasty red at the top of the page telling them to alter the shipping?

bread's done
Back