Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion - Gen Discussion & Info - DLC RESTORED!

3364416504_b93236d662.jpg

3364418402_6e82177685.jpg

3364419884_23b8ba13af.jpg

The first game stayed unopened in my box of games since I got my xbox two years ago when it was given away free with the system. I finally pulled it out, and had a blast with it. I look forward to Ultimate 2.... the idea of combining powers between heroes is interesting, but graphically I have not been impressed so far, although I know it is not the most important part of a game.

Thanks for the Songbird post. It would be awesome to have enough T-bolts in the game to make a team. Penance has been confirmed to be in the game, so I'm curious if he'll make the cut as a playable character.

I wouldn't be surprised if Venom is playable. But I hope they fix him, he sucked in the previous MUA.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ha! What were her powers be, using a broom to fight off baddies...how would her power fuse with others :lol:[/quote]

Aunt May will throw her broom up in the air, Spider-Man will shoot a web grabbing onto the broom and then slamming it onto enemies causing mild discomfort.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ha! What were her powers be, using a broom to fight off baddies...how would her power fuse with others :lol:[/quote]

She could use the Human Torch to help her bake some pies to throw at the enimies.

[quote name='Rodimus']She could use the Human Torch to help her bake some pies to throw at the enimies.[/quote]

Or Iceman to freeze potatoes and heave them at the enemies.

Gotta say, it looks good. Considering I know the whole Civil War like the back of my hand from reading it every month for entertainment, Storm and Wolverine should not be on anybodys side. I say that cause the X-men had no involvement in the whole Civil War. But seeing as how it's a Marvel game, we do need the X-men. This will be a day one buy for me. Also, It's probably the real Thor and not Clor. I thought the same thing when I saw the video as well lol

I can't think of many characters I'd want added. The only one I definitely want is She-Hulk.

While I think Blackbolt is an awesome character I don't think he should ever be made playable just because he's way too powerful. They'd have to seriously limit his power to balance him with the other characters. It would be hard to make someone like the Sentry a playable character for the same reason.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ha! What were her powers be, using a broom to fight off baddies...how would her power fuse with others :lol:[/QUOTE]

Aunt May's true power is to somehow avoid death no matter how apparent it is that she is definitely dead.

The Auny May vid was good stuff. And because I'm a mega nerd I noticed some things in the FMV clips they showed during it. Like Bishop showing up at :17 and War Machine & Black Widow at :43 and Hercules & Cable at :45. I wonder if WM will be a separate character this time, and if the rest are playable?

[quote name='VaultDweller13']While I think Blackbolt is an awesome character I don't think he should ever be made playable just because he's way too powerful. [/quote]

Silver Surfer, Thor & Hulk were in the last one, so why not Blackbolt? (but to be fair they were some of the stronger characters) I doubt the developers would break the game and make him too strong simply because he's like that in the comics. Or they can do what they did with the Silver Surfer and have him unlock after you've already beaten everything.

Wombat - Yeah, they haven't confirmed any of them as playable yet. I'm pulling for Herc myself.

[quote name='Rodimus']Silver Surfer, Thor & Hulk were in the last one, so why not Blackbolt? (but to be fair they were some of the stronger characters) I doubt the developers would break the game and make him too strong simply because he's like that in the comics. Or they can do what they did with the Silver Surfer and have him unlock after you've already beaten everything.[/quote]

I will agree that it would be pretty sweet if Blackbolt is an unlock character at the end of the game that is incredibly strong.

That is some GREAT news. He was one that I really wanted too. I can't wait to see what kinda kung fu moves they give him. Heroes for Hire finally.

I'm totally looking forward to this game. I got the X-Men Legends games on GC, and the first Ultimate Alliance on PS2, so I've never gotten to play this multiplayer -- I'm excited for that chance when this one comes out :)

[quote name='Rodimus']I wouldn't be surprised if Venom is playable. But I hope they fix him, he sucked in the previous MUA.[/QUOTE]

Power up his tendril attack that you have to rapid press. He's one of the 4 I take into disc simulators to collect tokens on a large scale.

The addition of Iron Fist is nice. I'm hoping we get a few more mutants, preferably along the lines of Psylocke, Penance, and everone's favorite merc with a mouth.

[quote name='AlohaMars2']Power up his tendril attack that you have to rapid press. He's one of the 4 I take into disc simulators to collect tokens on a large scale.[/quote]

I found him a pain to use. I didn't like any of his moves and none of them stood out as uber useful. It's a shame because Venom is one of my favorite comic book characters ever. I used his claw buff and mainly focused on normal melee attacks & his basic tendrill move, that's the only way I found him effective. I leved up his multiple tendrill attack like you said but I didn't like it.

As someone who owns both a 360 and PS3, I'm torn on which system to get this game for.
I'm not an XBL subscriber (not willing to pay for something that should be free), so PS3 at least presents the possibility of playing the game online.
On the other hand, MUA was game that I bought alongside my PS3....and I'm very much afraid that Activision will keep the DLC exclusive to the 360 (particularly if the game ownership numbers skew heavily towards the 360).

Leaning towards picking this up on the 360, since that's where the active user base is. Also, as someone who used to use 'Hawkeye' as his Quake tag back in college, I'd hate to miss out on any of my favorite characters -- again -- because I bought the wrong version of the game. Being a fan of the old-school T-Bolts, I just know that at least one member of the team will be added later.

Needs more Slapstick. I am aware this will never happen. Howard and Spider-Ham would be reasonably acceptable alternatives, though.

If they were to add a goofy character to the mix then I'd have to vote for Howard the Duck. Or maybe Dave Lizewski from Kick-Ass.

I want the midnight sons team, Ghost rider, Vengeance, Blade and Morbius composes this team. Playing the game with 4 players with the above mentioned team would be bliss.

I still look forward to this, but I just hope it is more X-Men Legends 2 quality than it is the first Ultimate Alliance. The fact they're retreading the Civil War story doesn't make me optimistic though.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']So who is new (not from Legends 2 or MUA1?)

I don't really see anyone... :(

I can't remember if Hulk & Iron Fist were in it before...[/QUOTE]

Iron Fist is new. Hulk was in the Gold Edition (and DLC). But my guess is they're holding off on releasing many new characters until closer to the release.

I know they have to cater to the masses and add big names but it's nice to seem them add characters for fans of the comics. Songbird is one of the better/more interesting female heroes from the Marvel U and IMO a welcome addition.

I'm still praying for Nova, Herc & Blackbolt. :pray:

Blackbolt would be badass.

I'd like to see the Taskmaster, The Punisher, Kitty Pryde, Chamber (although that would be super obscure)... too many to list.

My most wanted is definitely Blackbolt followed by the Punisher.

Oh yeah and give us non-PSP players access to Cable please.

I wonder if they're going to include Ronin or Mockingbird to round out the New Avengers. Was the Ronin in the PSP version Clint Barton?

I'd like them to include more supernatural heroes like Blade, Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, and Moon Knight. Also, it'd be cool to spot a Watcher throughout the game.

I've been away from reading comics too long. When I saw the subject line for this thread ("Deadpool & Juggs added") I thought...there's tits in this thread? *CLICK!*

[quote name='Lost.X87']I'd like them to include more supernatural heroes like Blade, Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, and Moon Knight. Also, it'd be cool to spot a Watcher throughout the game.[/QUOTE]

All of those guys were in the original so it is likely they will add one if not more then one of them. I thought there was licensing issues with getting Punisher in the last one. Either way I think him or Cable would be great playable characters.

bread's done
Back