Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion - Gen Discussion & Info - DLC RESTORED!

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Blackbolt would be badass.

I'd like to see the Taskmaster, The Punisher, Kitty Pryde, Chamber (although that would be super obscure)... too many to list.

My most wanted is definitely Blackbolt followed by the Punisher.

Oh yeah and give us non-PSP players access to Cable please.[/QUOTE]

Any of the Gen X'ers would be fine. Heck, I'd like to see some of the more obscure mutants that have gone off the radar as of late.

Jimbo mentioned Taskmaster earlier which is an awesome suggestion I never though of. He'd be like Seth from SFIV, modified versions of everyone's moves.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What do you do at Activision jkanownik?[/QUOTE]

When I'm not busy swimming in our money pit I like to drink free soda and follow Wombat around on the internet waiting for chances to mess with him.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/49811.html

Some of the previously unannounced characters that I see in the E3 trailer: Cable, Firestar, Multiple Man, Cloak & Dagger, She Hulk, Hercules, Patriot, plus a ton of characters I can't quite make out at the 1 minute mark (I think one of them is Bullseye....which means we're getting the Warren Ellis T-Bolts...oh well, at least we still get Songbird).

I just watched that trailer, why can't this be out now. I don't think Nick Fury was announced yet, it is also nice to see the playable Green Goblin.

There is a cool villian shot close to the end, I saw Lady Deathstrike, Diamondback, and I think the guy with the flaming head is Dormamu. There are others in the shot I cant quite figure out.

I will so play a Madrox when this game comes out :)

Wow that trailer looks awesome! Is it me or did Tony Stark look a lot like Robert Downey Jr. in that trailer?

I shall pre-order this from GS this weekend.

[quote name='saunderscowie']I think this might be one of the sleeper hits this year very much looking forward to playing/seeing more.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I'd call it a sleeper hit but the trailer looks badass.

Venom & Green Goblin definatly look like they might be playable. Hurray for the T-Bolts.

I'm so excited about this game. I've been playing through the original all co-op, and if the sequel just gets rid of the annoying aspects of the boss fights (The mephisto fight comes to mind), and includes an even bigger roster (which it does) i'll be happy.

I am kind of worried about how they are going to do the player roster though. I think they are going to split the roster into two sides (pro-registration and anti-registration). I guess I can't see how they would have Captain America and Ironman fighitng on the same side if the games premise is the Civil War

Didn't Ironman work both sides at one point in Civil War? I wan't to get this game day one but I'm not sure. I don't like DLC because I don't know how it will work next gen. So what I download now will I be able to download it next gen on that system if it plays the 360 games. I know they will have more to download for this like they did the first game. I'm also thinking what they will end up doing is having them all on disc later one like they did the last game. I would rather get all the DLC on a disc like I did with the last game when I picked it up well after it came out. I would love to get this day one but knowing they might do what they did with the last game is going to stop me from getting it till it hits a low price or they come out with all the DLC on a nother version of the game so I can play it all from the disc.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I think they are going to split the roster into two sides (pro-registration and anti-registration). I guess I can't see how they would have Captain America and Ironman fighitng on the same side if the games premise is the Civil War[/QUOTE]

From what I understand the game will be fairly flexable in terms of what characters you want to use regardless of what side you pick. Now some characters due to story purposes will only be avalible on one specific side (Cap & Iron Man). They're not sticking to the exact script of the comic, but at least gives you the option if you wish to mimic the real Civil War story.

[quote name='sendme']Didn't Ironman work both sides at one point in Civil War?[/QUOTE]

No, he was pretty much pro-registration full time.

I wasn't sure. I had read some of the early comics for it the way I read it, it was like he was trying to get them to register then it was at times like he was trying to get them not to register.

[quote name='sendme']I wasn't sure. I had read some of the early comics for it the way I read it, it was like he was trying to get them to register then it was at times like he was trying to get them not to register.[/QUOTE]

Before the Civil War started he was opposed to the idea, but after the whole Stamford thing that launched the Civil War he changed his mind and got on board.

If I wanted to read the Civil War trades in as close to start to finish order as possible can anyone give me a list? I searched Amazon and Wiki, but the lists weren't very clear.

[quote name='Rodimus']Before the Civil War started he was opposed to the idea, but after the whole Stamford thing that launched the Civil War he changed his mind and got on board.[/QUOTE]

Ok chances are that is what I was thinking of. I guess some of them that I read was when is was opposed to the idea. I skipped around from the order some I think because I found them all online and never knew what order the story went in.

[quote name='FluxDF']If I wanted to read the Civil War trades in as close to start to finish order as possible can anyone give me a list? I searched Amazon and Wiki, but the lists weren't very clear.[/QUOTE]

When reading the trades there's really no specfic order for the most part since they all take place during the same timeframe. However if you're intrested in the main story start with "Road to Civil War" TPB then "Civil War" & "Civil War: Frontlines" That's pretty much the meat of the event.

I didn't read all the tie-ins. Everyone and their mother had one, and some are not too important to the event. So just pick the characters you like and read those. However I recomend Spider-Man & Wolverine.

Saw the E3 demo today and it looked awesome (both trailers + live hands off gameplay for 3 levels). I played through MUA1 four times to get all of the achievements and the MUA2 demo pushed all the right buttons as far as improvements I wanted to see. It's too bad Wombat isn't at E3. I'd love to hear what he had to say about. Being able to control the fusion powers is a dramatic improvement over the canned animations from MUA1. No new characters revealed though. It should be playable and Comicon, so maybe there will be a full reveal by then.

[quote name='Rodimus']jkanownik - Do you have any links to gameplay video? I've been dying to see some.[/QUOTE]

Nope. They had 3 systems running that they jumped between to show the gameplay in different parts.

[quote name='jkanownik']Saw the E3 demo today and it looked awesome (both trailers + live hands off gameplay for 3 levels). I played through MUA1 four times to get all of the achievements and the MUA2 demo pushed all the right buttons as far as improvements I wanted to see. It's too bad Wombat isn't at E3. I'd love to hear what he had to say about. Being able to control the fusion powers is a dramatic improvement over the canned animations from MUA1. No new characters revealed though. It should be playable and Comicon, so maybe there will be a full reveal by then.[/QUOTE]

I wish I was there too, this may be my most anticipated game of the year.

Where's Venom's tail in the trailer? What's Scorpion Venom without the tail?! I hope they give him a black spider-man costume as an alt. costume.

Yeah I may preorder this game. With all the games coming out this fall, I feel that it's best to pick the games you know you'll love.

Edit: Got all the achievements, but thanks to those that offered to help. I'm available most of the weekend if anyone needs help getting them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FurryCurry']Where's Venom's tail in the trailer? What's Scorpion Venom without the tail?! I hope they give him a black spider-man costume as an alt. costume.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen him form his tail for a while now. It seems like they dropped it in return for a more classic Venom look.

I never read the comics but I figured he'd at least use it as an attack from time to time. Maybe they could still do that in the game. It'll just help differentiate Venom from Spider-Man more.

I really hope that Anti-Venom can be a downloadable character in the future. In fact, I hope there is a lot more DLC this time around. Mission packs/episodes, costumes, and new characters. It's a gold mind of an idea that they shouldn't pass on.

Hell they can recreate famous fights or short story arcs with DLC. Follow Criterion's/Bungie's route and just keep supporting the beast.

sweet Jamie maddrox(multiple man) is in there. There are 3 of him behind cable in the trailer. All I need is Strong guy, and i'll buy this first day.

[quote name='doodle777_98']sweet Jamie maddrox(multiple man) is in there. There are 3 of him behind cable in the trailer. All I need is Strong guy, and i'll buy this first day.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunatly he hasn't been confirmed as "playable" yet.

[quote name='PR Mega X']So in preparation for this game, I've been playing through the first one to unlock everything and get all the achievements. I'm nearly finished, but I need help getting some of the multiplayer achievements, specifically the ones that require 3 other people (my girlfriend offered to help with the rest). Right now I'm looking to get:

Teamwork - Finish one level with 3 other players.
Ultimate Team Alliance - Finish 25 levels with 3 other players.

So, is anyone interested in getting on for a few levels this weekend? I'll be around Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings, and I think it'd be fun to get a team together :)[/QUOTE]

I would be, definitely Friday. I can't Thursday, and I would have to check on Saturday, but i probably could on Friday. Add me as a friend on Live and see if I'm on (most likely) Friday and I'll definitely do some levels with you. I believe those are the last achievement I need.

Sweet! I hope they include a few more of the cosmic characters, like Warlock, Capt. Marvel and Thanos.
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

I'm getting more and more excited for this game. They just released a new 3D screenshot on their website with Thor and The Human Torch.

I didn't play the first one too much, but I had a few questions.

Is it a open world, like Sacred 2 or Diablo?
Do you collect like armor or weapons? It seems kinda weird if you do.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Is it a open world, like Sacred 2 or Diablo?[/QUOTE]

No it's not. For each chapter there's a central base of operations where you can warp to each dungeon. You can also talk to other characters, do some Marvel Trivia, side quests & bonus missions from here.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Do you collect like armor or weapons? It seems kinda weird if you do.[/QUOTE]

It's got armor & accesories but I wouldn't classify it as a loot game. For the most part items don't have a profound effect other than minor stat boosts and powering up your moves. No weapons.

Not to bitch but what does Gambit have to do with Registration?

I really hope this game is as good as the first. Like I don't even care about power fusion moves. I just want good dungeon crawling action for four people over Live with tons of fan service

[quote name='FurryCurry']Not to bitch but what does Gambit have to do with Registration?

I really hope this game is as good as the first. Like I don't even care about power fusion moves. I just want good dungeon crawling action for four people over Live with tons of fan service[/QUOTE]

Nothing But then again, some of the other characters like wolverine and wolverine or even Deadpool for that fact? Sure it might be based around the Civil War, But some of us want our favorite characters in the game. I'd like to see a Gambit honestly. I'm happy Dead Pool is back cause I'm a huge Deadpool fan. Hell I think I have him upgraded to the fullest with all his costumes unlocked in the first one. I'm excited for this game to come out. I started to replay the first one with my friend. Hopefully this time when you play online you can use your own guy for stats and everthing else and not the other characters profile. It sucked playing with my friend in NJ as dead pool and being sucky cause he wasn't leveled up at all.

Hulk also didn't have anything to do with the Civil War.

I read in an interview with the developer that the game starts off with the Secret War & Civil War elements, then at a certian point changes and goes a diffrent direction. He hints you'll know when you see it. So the entire plot isn't Civil War driven.

[quote name='Rodimus']Hulk also didn't have anything to do with the Civil War.

I read in an interview with the developer that the game starts off with the Secret War & Civil War elements, then at a certian point changes and goes a diffrent direction. He hints you'll know when you see it. So the entire plot isn't Civil War driven.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought about Hulk as well, but I didn't want to confirm it till I truly knew. So thanks for rendering my theory correct lol. Still, none the less. I'm excited for the game to come out already.

bread's done
Back