Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion - Gen Discussion & Info - DLC RESTORED!

I preordered for Juggernaut. But we're only getting 2 costumes per character with the game which sucks since most of the costumes are terrible (just look at Wolverine's standard one). I'm going to wait to open my copy. If Juggernaut and costumes end up as DLC, I'm returning it. I'll wait for the inevitable Gold Edition.

[quote name='icedrake523']I preordered for Juggernaut. But we're only getting 2 costumes per character with the game which sucks since most of the costumes are terrible (just look at Wolverine's standard one). I'm going to wait to open my copy. If Juggernaut and costumes end up as DLC, I'm returning it. I'll wait for the inevitable Gold Edition.[/QUOTE]

Juggernaut will be DLC at one point, it's pretty silly to think otherwise. Just look at the Wolverine danger room maps... preorder bonus, later on they were DLC. Since both games are Activision, Juggy will show up eventually.

They won't let all that effort on the character go to waste by making it a one time shot to get him. What they will do is probably overprice him as DLC to make people regret the fact they didn't preorder.

we're only getting two costumes per character? Is that official? I could have sworn I've seen at least three different costumes for wolverine (classic, legendary, and the one above) so far in screenshots.

[quote name='Rodimus']I was hopeing Marvel would stray away from using too may "Ultimate" costumes. I'm just not a fan any more since Ultimatuim literally killed the brand for me.[/QUOTE]

I haven't read ultimatum yet (waiting for all the trades), but so far I really like the ultimate universe-- I love how everything is connected to
the super soldier program and wolverine

[quote name='BlueScrote']I haven't read ultimatum yet (waiting for all the trades), but so far I really like the ultimate universe-- I love how everything is connected to
the super soldier program and wolverine
[/QUOTE]

As much as I hate what they did with it the Ultimate brand will always be what got me into back into comics. I was floored when I read the first trade to Ultimates. It's just a shame to see how it ended up.

Have you read Ultimate Orgins? That was actually pretty good and I would recomend it before moving onto Ultimatum.

[quote name='Rodimus']As much as I hate what they did with it the Ultimate brand will always be what got me into back into comics. I was floored when I read the first trade to Ultimates. It's just a shame to see how it ended up.

Have you read Ultimate Orgins? That was actually pretty good and I would recomend it before moving onto Ultimatum.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I have read origins, its the only trade I have read from the ultimates line, I'm looking for advice on what to read next actually for that universe (from what I can tell I'm not sure I like Ultimate Iron man).

From what you wrote I asumed you had read more but if you're intrested in other titles from the Ultimate Universe I can recomend Ultimates 1 & 2 (not so much 3), The first 30 or so issues of U-Fantastic Four, and pretty much the entire U-Spider-Man Library. Ultimate Power was also good. I have the first few trades of U-Xmen but it didn't grab me. Maybe becasue I've never been a big X-Men fan.

Sorry, I turned this into a comic book thread. My apologies.

So, looks like VIP invites are finally enabled. People that are already VIP's can get their's by logging in and going to http://marvelultimatealliance.marvel.com/en/friend_vip_codes . Once you get a code, just input it during registration (or at the VIP submenu, probably).

So far, being a VIP entitles you to...not much that doesn't eventually get leaked. They've been ramping up VIP stuff lately though, so it couldn't hurt to be in. Most of the VIP stuff is mentioned in the VIP area of the forums.

Now, commencing invite code dump. I'll be able to tell when codes are used, so I'll try to keep the list somewhat updated.
5S10-65UC-6C
7W10-65UC-6A
AY16-05UC-64
BK16-05UC-6E
ED10-65UC-6R
0EN1-65UC-6T
EQ16-5UC6-I0
FD16-05UC-6N
H916-5U0C-66
W0U1-65UC-6C

(used)AI16-50UC-63
(used)ZW16-5UC6-P0
(used)3D16-5UC6-0P
(used)1H10-65UC-6I
(used)SK16-50UC-6V
(used)YN16-05UC-69
(used)M0F1-65UC-6F
(used)R616-5U0C-6T
(used)XP16-50UC-6N
(used)XS16-05UC-6M

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the preorder codes for Juggernaut will be emailed, would it be possible to return the game to GS and still keep the code?

I really don't like most of the designs for the characters in this game and don't really want to pay full MSRP for it when there will be DLC for other costumes (the ones I would want to use).

Just to chime in, I really dug Ultimate X-Men. I've read like the first 40 issues.

Ultimate Spidey is so good too. Ultimate 1 is probably my favorite Ultimate universe book.

I used ZW16-5UC6-P0. Thanks, Salamando. I'm sure this has already been answered, but what benefits does VIP membership actually provide?

Tought I'd share some gameplay info I hadn't heard about. I came across this in a hands on impression that Wizard Magizine wrote. BTW they loved the game.

You no longer have to go into a menu screen to upgrade your characters skills. Instead when you press the "back button" your character is temporarily AI controlled and you get some on screen menu system were you can add points on the fly. Of course this is great news for multi-player. No more stopping the game flow just cause someone wants to add a point everytime they level up.

Instead of waiting a couple minutes to bring back your teammates you must find items called "Revive Tokens" which can be used at any point to bring back a fallen member. However a team can only have 2 tokens at a time. Again this helps in keeping the game flow moving. Instead of wasting time for the clock to count down your team is forced to play until they get a revive token to bring you back.

That sounds awesome!

----------------------

Not sure if this was mentioned before but turns out Best Buy has Hulk as an exclusive character.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Not sure if this was mentioned before but turns out Best Buy has Hulk as an exclusive character.[/QUOTE]

Son of a bitch. I knew they were going to play this 'different stores get different exclusives' bs. They'd better make them available as DLC.

Not sure if this was mentioned before but turns out Best Buy has Hulk as an exclusive character.[/QUOTE]

Where did you see this? I could have sworn that hulk was revealed as a normal player character fairly early into the games life cycle.

[quote name='BlueScrote'] Where did you see this? I could have sworn that hulk was revealed as a normal player character fairly early into the games life cycle.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy's Gaming Insider mini magazine:

hulkq.jpg

I know it's hard to read...shitty iPhone camera, but it says:

"EXCLUSIVE HULK UNLOCKABLE CODE INSIDE"

Best Buy should've been pimping this info more. I'm sure tons of people already reserved their copy at Gamestop for Juggernaut. I'd defintely perfer Hulk over Juggs any day.

I wonder if the Hulk code is similar to the Silver Surfer code from MUA1. If you didn't have the code he was still avail later on the game. I can hope.

I'd rather have the Juggernaut code then the Hulk code honestly. I was never a fan of hulk. Sucks so many damn good games coming out the 15th. I'm going to be swamped with em.

Can't wait for my Dead Pool and Gambit team. Maybe throw in Venom and Juggernaut as well. :D :D

[quote name='Wombat']I wonder if the Hulk code is similar to the Silver Surfer code from MUA1. If you didn't have the code he was still avail later on the game. I can hope.[/QUOTE]

I'd bet good money this is the case. It was mentioned on a Developer's twitter that Hulk, Thor, and Jean Grey would be unlocked after picking up a handful of their respective artifacts (much like Daredevil's and Black Panther's action figures in the first one).

This is exactly why I held off in placing a pre-order. I'd prefer Hulk to Juggernaut (though I won't spend a ton of time with either), but I'll wait until they clarify the nature of this code before placing an order.

I'm hoping all characters are available via unlock or DLC, since it seems like someone (likely TRU) will be offering a tempting gift card promotion as we get closer to release.

[quote name='Salamando3000']I'd bet good money this is the case. It was mentioned on a Developer's twitter that Hulk, Thor, and Jean Grey would be unlocked after picking up a handful of their respective artifacts (much like Daredevil's and Black Panther's action figures in the first one).[/QUOTE]

In that case I wonder if they'll give Juggs the same treatment. If not then we might as well get it at GS since Hulk could be unlocked in-game anyways.

I'm still torn on who will be my main team. All I know is Thor is defintely making the cut.

[quote name='Rodimus']I'm still torn on who will be my main team. All I know is Thor is defintely making the cut.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking of going with a New Avengers team -- Wolverine and Iron Fist are guaranteed, along with probably Spidey and Cap. I'll most likely rotate them out now and then to try out some of the new characters.

Wolverine is always a no brainer for me, as for everyone else, I think I'll start with the new characters first to see how they play.

I can't dig up the source, but it's been confirmed in the Gamespot forums that Hulk, Thor, and Jean Gray have to be unlocked by collecting trophies. Unlike Juggernaut, who really is only unlockable through a Gamestop code, the store exclusive codes for the other three are only to unlock them earlier on.

Which is pointless, as I've heard you can unlock all three by the second act with some diligence.

EDIT:

Also, there's this Psylocke person on their forums that has accurately predicted the entire roster up to this point, including these three Wii exclusives:

He expects the new character to be revealed on Thursday as
Iceman
, but has no idea who the very last secret one will be.

[quote name='Greetard']I can't dig up the source, but it's been confirmed in the Gamespot forums that Hulk, Thor, and Jean Gray have to be unlocked by collecting trophies. Unlike Juggernaut, who really is only unlockable through a Gamestop code, the store exclusive codes for the other three are only to unlock them earlier on.[/quote]

That's good to hear -- I'm glad we're not going to get screwed on characters by reserving at one store over another. However, I am disappointed about those Wii exclusives, especially
Cyclops. I really liked him in the last game.
Hopefully they'll be future DLC.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yes! I was hoping for Iron Spidey[/QUOTE]

I'd have been shocked if he wasn't in the game, but it's nice to have confirmation :applause:

[quote name='PR Mega X']That's good to hear -- I'm glad we're not going to get screwed on characters by reserving at one store over another. However, I am disappointed about those Wii exclusives, especially
Cyclops. I really liked him in the last game.
Hopefully they'll be future DLC.

I'd have been shocked if he wasn't in the game, but it's nice to have confirmation :applause:[/QUOTE]

I think someone at Activision just gets entertainment by putting
Cyclops
in the game they know I won't be buying....just to spite me.

That said, I'm sure he'll be available later as DLC. They already have the art done, after all.

less than two weeks until release!

I'm still on the fence whether I'm going to get this Day 1. I still have plenty of backlog until I can get this for ~40. If only I didn't have a $200 textbook to buy this semester...

I want to pre order this, I really want to. I'm just now hoping that there some huge 20GC deals like there was with batman.

Then again I have a bunch of GS credit to use from flipping... choices choices.

I think I'm going to have to wait on this one... I don't want to get burned on DLC character. All this exclusive DLC stuff does is make we wait to see what is out there. This is not the only game guilty of it, but it's one that I really want a full roster of every character available.

^ As much as I hate to support them GS has the only exclusive character, and I'm pretty sure you have to pre-order to get him. If you wait there's a chance you'll miss out on him being free, then you're stuck paying for him as DLC. Everyone else is just handing out codes to unlock hidden characters quicker, they're not exclusive characters like Juggernaut is.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I think I'm going to have to wait on this one... I don't want to get burned on DLC character. All this exclusive DLC stuff does is make we wait to see what is out there. This is not the only game guilty of it, but it's one that I really want a full roster of every character available.[/QUOTE]

I'm the opposite. I rather they release DLC shortly after, that way it gives you more re-playability if you beat the game and you want to go through it again with the newer set of characters...like they did with M:UA.

I pre-ordered it, but I was in a rush so I grabed the receipt and ran. Was I supposed to receive anything, like a card with a code on it or something?

[quote name='Rodimus']I pre-ordered it, but I was in a rush so I grabed the receipt and ran. Was I supposed to receive anything, like a card with a code on it or something?[/QUOTE]

Just hang on to your receipt according to this:
Online / Store Customers: All customers will be required to enter their reservation information online at www.gamestop.com/MUA2VIP to receive their code. Be sure to hold on to your in-store receipts or online confirmation information.

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=74403

bread's done
Back