Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion - Gen Discussion & Info - DLC RESTORED!

you may still want to find your receipt. When you enter your code on the gamestop website for VIP access, they make it sound like your juggernaut code gets emailed to you.

All the exclusive characters and unlock characters is BS! If they're in the game I've already paid for don't make me jump through hoops! The challenge maps for Batman is BS too. I want to play as the Joker on my 360 too...bastards.

It wouldn't be so bad if those shady Gamestop bastards only got timed exclusives. I miss the days where you bought the disc and everything was on it. DLC and exclusives are total crap.

So, the only 2 character exclusives are Jugg @ GS and Hulk @ BB, right?
Now, there aren't any console exclusives, right? :whistle2:s

[quote name='lilboo']So, the only 2 character exclusives are Jugg @ GS and Hulk @ BB, right?
Now, there aren't any console exclusives, right? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

The Wii version has Cyclops, Psylocke and Blade as exclusive characters.

[quote name='lilboo']So, the only 2 character exclusives are Jugg @ GS and Hulk @ BB, right?
Now, there aren't any console exclusives, right? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Hulk is not an exclusive character. BB is only giving out a code to unlock him since he's a hidden character. No matter were you buy MAU2 you'll be able to unlock everyone except Juggs.

[quote name='xeno']The Wii version has Cyclops, Psylocke and Blade as exclusive characters.[/QUOTE]

That's actually depressing. I've been wanting to play Psylocke again since X-men Legends, and Cyclops is too great a character for exclusivity.

Prior experience with Blade stops me from wanting him in-game.

[quote name='Greetard']I can't dig up the source, but it's been confirmed in the Gamespot forums that Hulk, Thor, and Jean Gray have to be unlocked by collecting trophies. Unlike Juggernaut, who really is only unlockable through a Gamestop code, the store exclusive codes for the other three are only to unlock them earlier on.

Which is pointless, as I've heard you can unlock all three by the second act with some diligence.

EDIT:

Also, there's this Psylocke person on their forums that has accurately predicted the entire roster up to this point, including these three Wii exclusives:

He expects the new character to be revealed on Thursday as
Iceman
, but has no idea who the very last secret one will be.[/QUOTE]

The guy was right about the final (non-secret) character:

[quote name='lilboo']I don't understand why Wii has the exclusive ones?
Maybe they will be DLC?
:shrug:[/QUOTE]

Vicarious Visions loves the Wii?

Sucks, but I'll deal.

And Iceman? Lame! Bobby Blake is a pompous jerk! Hahaha. At least I'll have my Wolvie/Deadpool team. Add in Juggs and maybe Gambit. Yup, full of Win.

Whoa, looks like they updated their splash page on the front page of the official site to show-off the entire roster. Looks pretty cool. They also posted some images of psylocke, blade, and cyclops.

1_clip_image008.png
1_clip_image010.png

Is it just me, or does Blade look a little...White?

Also, if it hasn't been posted yet, IGN's been putting up shots and art of assorted NPC's from the game. http://comics.ign.com/articles/101/1018503p1.html

I don't get how you have a Civil War based game and NOT have Cloak and Dagger and Hercules as playable characters. I'm very disappointed they couldn't add in these Characters truthfully. Also, they couldn't just put a skin on Iron Man for War Machine? Really???

Hopefully we get some interesting Dialogue options from Deadpool and Cable.

Jean Grey looks pretty awesome. I hate when she's in a Phoenix outfit and she's called Jean Grey.. :lol: But that's just me.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I don't get how you have a Civil War based game and NOT have Cloak and Dagger and Hercules as playable characters. I'm very disappointed they couldn't add in these Characters truthfully. Also, they couldn't just put a skin on Iron Man for War Machine? Really???

Hopefully we get some interesting Dialogue options from Deadpool and Cable.[/QUOTE]

I think cloak and dagger would be difficult to implement from a gameplay perspective, honestly. The two are essentially inseparable in the comics and their powers (kind of) compliment each other (although it would be a no brainer for fusions).

I know I've seen War Machine in the cutscenes in the trailers, have we confirmed that hes not an Iron man skin?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Wii images on the X360 discussion thread! :nottalking:

At least it makes us appreciate how good the X360 will look.[/QUOTE]

Eh, it's not like any threads are set up for even the PS3 version, and starting one would just split the discussion. That's probably my one biggest complaint about these forums...there's no real protocol on how to handle identical/mostly identical cross-platform releases.

Anywho, back on topic. According to some official-type person on the VIP forums, there's still one more playable character that has yet to be announced, that will be found on "just about all platforms". They don't plan on announcing it, but expect it to get leaked by Tuesday, when the strategy guide comes out. Also seems the DS gets two more exclusive characters, in the forms of She-Hulk and the Sentry.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Eh, it's not like any threads are set up for even the PS3 version, and starting one would just split the discussion. That's probably my one biggest complaint about these forums...there's no real protocol on how to handle identical/mostly identical cross-platform releases.[/QUOTE]

I was just teasing. For the record, we do try to have different threads for different platforms even if it's the same games, they always have different gameplay elements, like exclusive levels, characters, achievements/trophys, online support...etc.

looking forward to this title. loved X-Men Legends & MUA 1. X-Men Legends II: RoA still in backlog.

I hope they're able to bump the roster up to 40+ including DLC playable characters. I hope that Juggernaut (GS Exclusive) isn't hard-coded on the disc like Rulk was on the Incredible Hulk game[2008].

maybe I should just wait for the platinum version to get all my characters for free or cheap? yeah!

Damnit I hate when they do this crap. So what systems get what characters and what stores get what characters that are only from that store or for that system? That way I know what system I want to get it for and from what store. This sort of crap is why I didn't pick up Batman AA and I may end up canceling my preorder on this game now due to this.

[quote name='sendme']Damnit I hate when they do this crap. So what systems get what characters and what stores get what characters that are only from that store or for that system? That way I know what system I want to get it for and from what store. This sort of crap is why I didn't pick up Batman AA and I may end up canceling my preorder on this game now due to this.[/QUOTE]

So instead of getting something, you'll get nothing? And you didn't buy Batman because different stores had different preorders so you decided to miss out on the game entirely?

[quote name='sendme']Damnit I hate when they do this crap. So what systems get what characters and what stores get what characters that are only from that store or for that system? That way I know what system I want to get it for and from what store. This sort of crap is why I didn't pick up Batman AA and I may end up canceling my preorder on this game now due to this.[/QUOTE]

I'd normally agree, but since its been discussed, you should probably read this.

Juggs is the only exclusive character, the others are unlock codes to gain early access to them. Hulk and Thor aren't exclusive.

The Nintendo exclusives make sense because Vicarious Visions loves the Wii and DS so much thanks to the Guitar Hero series.

As for missing out on Batman AA, you just messed up. Cancel your preorder on principles if you must.

Well I'm going to keep my preorder with GS for this game on the 360 then. I'm still agervated that the Wii gets 3 others.

As for Batman AA the way I saw it I had to preorder at GS, buy it on the PS3 and pay 100 bucks to get all game content. I have no issue preordering at one place or getting it on the PS3 however the 100 bucks I do have an issue with. If I had the room to put the case that the LE comes in and the money I chances are would have got it. However now I see no point in getting the game till the price lowers because I'm already out the content from GS, I can always get the Joker levels on the PS3 unless they are just for a short time, and I'm not getting the LE even though I saw BB yesterday had 4 of them still sitting there. I will just get this game when the price loweres or if I can get it on some sort of sale. Hell the way things are going with all this game of the year stuff next year it might end up out with all the content that came out with preordering it and getting the LE. So I'm still getting the game just not till it lowers in price.

DS exclusives confirmed by developer as:
Sentry and She-Hulk

So that rules those two out as the final character on the 360 roster.

[quote name='advanced'] The Nintendo exclusives make sense because Vicarious Visions loves the Wii and DS so much thanks to the Guitar Hero series.[/QUOTE]

For the record, VV actually has relatively little to do with the DS and Wii versions. VV only works on the PS3/360 versions, while a company called N-Space works on the "lesser" consoles. Also, it won't be that the Wii version is a direct port...Q&A indicates that the Wii version features different level design and different power implementations...and no online component.

[quote name='cdietschrun']OP...it's "OFFICIAL" not "OFFICAL"... just an FYI[/QUOTE]

Oh no! he spelt it wrong....Jeez.

I don't know why But why is everybody a fan of Nova? Not really into Nova but just don't get it. Meh. Need to find some games to trade in.

[quote name='cdietschrun']OP...it's "OFFICIAL" not "OFFICAL"... just an FYI[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know I'm a bad speller. Bare with me.

As for Nova have you read Annihilation? Nova is a bad ass. He's pretty much the front runner for Marvel's cosmic stuff. I've been collecting his series and it's solid. The few issues where he returns to Earth and everyone realizes he's now an omega class super hero was cool. He finds out his old team is pretty much dead. Iron Man trys to recruit him but Nova tells him to fuck himself and flys back out to space. Awesome.

[quote name='Rodimus']Yeah, I know I'm a bad speller. Bare with me.

As for Nova have you read Annihilation? Nova is a bad ass. He's pretty much the front runner for Marvel's cosmic stuff. I've been collecting his series and it's solid. The few issues where he returns to Earth and everyone realizes he's now an omega class super hero was cool. He finds out his old team is pretty much dead. Iron Man trys to recruit him but Nova tells him to fuck himself and flys back out to space. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

Nope, The last Marvel comic I read was the Civil war series honestly and I've been keeping up with all the Deadpool's of course. I've just been a long time Deadpool fan ever since his first debut in New Mutants #98 and of course his little Cameo in the X-men cartoon. But you can call me a band wagon fan all you want, I loved Deadpool before Deadpool was even cool. :D

Maybe I'll have to read more into Nova and see why everybody loves him so.

[quote name='Rodimus']Yeah, I know I'm a bad speller. Bare with me.

As for Nova have you read Annihilation? Nova is a bad ass. He's pretty much the front runner for Marvel's cosmic stuff. I've been collecting his series and it's solid. The few issues where he returns to Earth and everyone realizes he's now an omega class super hero was cool. He finds out his old team is pretty much dead. Iron Man trys to recruit him but Nova tells him to fuck himself and flys back out to space. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

Just did a look-through of his wikipedia page, and he definitely sounds interesting, I'll have to check out the annihilation arc. I just read through all of the current Dark Avengers "arc", and how The Sentry has been written really interests me. Up until know all i've read of him is
defeating Hulk in World War Hulk

Doesn't particulary look like anyone off the bat.

It doesn't look like he's wearing a helmet since I see something that looks like pointy ears. So maybe it's not Nova. It could still be him so I'm not ruleing him out yet. Possibaly Namor with battle armor???? Or maybe a Skrull??? Can't really tell.

Bah, why the fuck is Cyclops getting skipped again. fucking Wii. Oh well

I made my preorder today. I'll be down for some Co-op during the first couple weeks.

Can't really sit down to read up on this thread, so I'll just throw in a quick question: Is the Juggernaut pre-order code bogus or should I actually go through with it? Is it like one of those bonus codes that everyone will have or figure out once it's out?

Also, anyone know what the "exclusive system characters" (until they sell them on Live that is) are?

The Wii version will have Cyclops, Psylocke, and Blade. That's pretty much it so far. I'd imagine they will be DLC on the PS3/360 versions.

bread's done
Back