Marvel vs Capcom 3 Strategy Guide $11.55 on Amazon FSSS eligilble

Some have already received their amazon shipments. I have the guide now....

Pluses
- It is very content heavy :)
- Spends a good amount of time explaining the fighting system
- Has a glossary with fighting game terms
- At least 8 pages dedicated to each character
- It has Jill and Shuma

Minuses
- There is no art section
- Kinda annoyed with how frame data is split up
- It does not have hit boxes

why not for $12... have some amazon credit anyways... good to improve my game as im not a fighter type...
edit: wow 397 pages...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jiggaloj']For anyone who wants to know what the guide is like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Iw_FvcVTRE[/QUOTE]

I scanned through the video & the best part is toward the end 11 min.

"This book is thick you can beat somebody with this book and they will DIE!"

397 pages is one HUGE guide & still waiting for mine from Amazon.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I kind of feel like a fighter is a really silly thing to buy a print guide for...I mean, most of the quality strategies and shit are going to come about by people playing each other, discovering new tactics, and new strategies being needed to counter them...so how long until most of that kind of stuff in the guide is outdated and you're left with a glorified move list?[/QUOTE]

I totally disagree. I am a huge fighter fan and find screen shots, strategy and frame data to be very helpful. I will be picking up the guide. Thanks OP.

[quote name='ferris182']I totally disagree. I am a huge fighter fan and find screen shots, strategy and frame data to be very helpful. I will be picking up the guide. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

"WHOOOOOOooooo" Nature Boy Ric Flair the greatest ever.

[quote name='Japakneez']Some have already received their amazon shipments. I have the guide now....

[/QUOTE]

When did you order yours? My friend ordered his weeks ago and ordered mine with his Prime last week and neither order has shipped out yet. Was hoping to get it today or tomorrow since Gamestop had them out last night with the game.

Ordered mine last Thursday Feb 10th with release date delivery. Estimated arrival is Feb 16, but it still hasn't shipped.

Yeah...it aint comin:

We're writing about the order you placed on January 25 2011 (Order# 103-7670034-7415411). Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the item(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:

BradyGames "Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Signature Series Guide"
Estimated arrival date: February 24 2011 - March 08 2011

fuck.....should I really wait at this point? I mean three weeks a long ass time to not have a guide. I suck balls at fighting games and was really looking forward to having this thing soon so I could get some damn help. Maybe I should look around and see if I can locate one in a store somewhere, I would have to pay more but it might be worth having now over waiting. Damnit Amazon you have disappointed me greatly.

I hate that the wait is 1 to 3 weeks, I can wait 1 week but not 3. This is the first time Amazon has uber failed for me ;|

Guys they do this all the time with Brady Guides

They never get them in on time so it is very likely that you wont have to wait 3 weeks. And its definitely on Brady and not Amazon as my Tactics Ogre guide form Barnesandnoble got delayed but they told me 1-5 days and Amazon doesn't even have an estimate

Food for though

I sincerely doubt you guys will have to wait 3 weeks. This has happened to my guide orders on numerous occasions and they always still arrive promptly.

The guide's actually pretty solid. Covers a good amount of strategies per character. Several potential combos and situations in which they can be implemented. Frame data (including those of which are invulnerable) and detailed descriptions of each command attack, special, hyper, etc. So far I'm glad I got it; fun to just read through when I'm not playing.

The SRK Hyper Guide is quite good, and I mean ,eventually a lot of the data will be up online , but the actual guide is very well written from what I've heard and community members actually worked on it..its also a great resource to have right in front of you

But for now, the SRK guide will hold me over. :p If what you guys say is true then I dont mind waiting a little bit

I was going to buy this until I saw the shipping date. I did manage to pick it up for $19 total at walmart during the midnight release thanks to my friend's employee discount, though. $8 savings wasn't worth waiting weeks for it, imo. For those of you curious it definitely is one of the few worthy guides. Well written, lots of info, and good info. You can tell this is written by people who actually play the games and know what they're talking about.

Hang on to your amazon orders. In the meantime keep an eye out for Borders coupons. If a 40% comes up then hopefully the guide is in stock at a store near you.

For those of you concerned about the potential 3-week wait, I have a workaround: cue up "You're The Best Around" by Joe Esposito on your console or stereo, on repeat, train to this 8 hours a day. Guaranteed results. (High-five with family member or friend optional.)

Thanks, O.P.

It bothers me when people play for that long, or even half that long everyday. But i know its done quite often :whistle2:#

Thats good advice though ;)

[quote name='jollydwarf']For those of you concerned about the potential 3-week wait, I have a workaround: cue up "You're The Best Around" by Joe Esposito on your console or stereo, on repeat, train to this 8 hours a day. Guaranteed results. (High-five with family member or friend optional.)

Thanks, O.P.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha brilliant! made me chuckle

either you get it fast and spend the extra $$$
or
save the money but have to wait for it?
there is another option you guys -

am i the only one that:

- orders them super cheap from amazon
- buy one from the store to use immedately while waiting for the one from amazon to come in, then... return the new one to the store within a month to get a full refund?

i mean think outside the box people, if you can't wait 3 weeks for it then do something about it!

stop whinning already you can't save $$$ & get things fast everytime - entitlement gen z's

either way it's a great deal THANKS OP!

Lol, i didnt feel like waiting for this thing to ship (Or paying extra), so i just grabbed one at Best Buy for 8 dollars after using some RZ Coupons.

Definately worth the money though, theres a TON of awesome info in here. Hell, in the first 10 minutes of looking at it, i learned atleast 3 new tactics i have been using all day.

My delivery estimate for the guide has changed to Feb 23rd. However, my delivery estimate for the Tactics Ogre strategy guide has changed to:
March 30, 2011 - May 10, 2011

CRAZY STUFF!

I picked it up at GS for $16 or so after tax. There were two discounts, a 20% and a 10%. Used my PowerUp card so the other must be a launch week promo discount?

[quote name='Dranakin']...There were two discounts, a 20% and a 10%. Used my PowerUp card so the other must be a launch week promo discount?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they do a "buy X game new, get 10% off on the guide". What was the 20% from btw?

So even though yesterday I got the notice from Amazon saying the guide wouldn't ship for another month or so, this morning I got an email saying that it just shipped and will be delivered Monday. Go figure.

I'm not sure if there's an issue with delivery dates, but my girlfriend ordered 2 games from Amazon from that b1g1 half off sale and they were saying a month out on shipping. It changed yesterday to next week.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']Yeah, they do a "buy X game new, get 10% off on the guide". What was the 20% from btw?[/QUOTE]

I didn't buy the game, only the guide. And I'm not sure what the 20% is for. All I know is that I'm happy to have the guide in hand and I canceled my 3-month shipping date from Amazon.

Well crap what to do what to do. My order on Amazon has also changed to an estimated delivery of Feb. 23. I was going to pick one up when I go into the city today but now I'm not sure if I should. ARGH! If I knew for sure the Feb. 23 date was right I would just wait for it to arrive.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Ordered this a while ago. Does anyone have it yet? Is it decent?[/QUOTE]

I used it last night and I learned so much that I could keep a Sentinel off with my Hsien-Ko.

It is one of the best guides that I have ever seen. Close to 400 pages full of character strategies, detailed move sets, frame explanations for each character, suggestions and also a ton of data that will overdo the most casual of gamers. It is a steal even at $20.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I've got a March estimate for my guide, ordered back in January. I'm just gonna cancel it, the game is trash and not worth investing in.[/QUOTE]

now, you're entitled to your own opinion... you're wrong - but entitled. :roll:

I'm pretty sure I've played more Marvel 3 this week and understand the engine (even in it's infant state) than you ever will, so spare me the rolling eyes.

If I had the guide now it would be a good resource for next few days, because I'm certainly not sticking with this game for another month.

bread's done
Back