Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite sale at Best Buy: Standard $39.99 ($31.99 GCU), Deluxe $69.99 ($55.99 GCU)

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I noticed these went on sale last night, not sure for how long though.

Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite (Standard Edition) - $39.99 ($31.99 GCU)

PS4:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-playstation-4/5711142.p?skuId=5711142

XB1:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-xbox-one/5711144.p?skuId=5711144

Deluxe Edition - $69.99 ($55.99 GCU)

PS4:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-deluxe-edition-playstation-4/5872500.p?skuId=5872500

XB1:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-deluxe-edition-xbox-one/5872502.p?skuId=5872502

I'm guessing that with GCU the prices will likely be similar to BF prices this year (my guess: $25 - $30).

well damn. this is one of the games i was holding out for $30 or less on black friday. i kinda want to wait and see what the ads look like but this is tempting at $32

MVCI is galaxies above MVC3.

This game tanked had so further price drops will probably happen by the new year.
Yeah, I'm a casual fighting game fan and while I love the controls way more than Injustice 2 I found that game leagues about this one. Between this and Shadow of War I'm really starting to want to hold out for drops within the month.

Dang.  I want that steelbook....but they were so lazy with the roster choice.  Wondering how low I can get it for before it disappears from stores.

Thanks, time to get my launch copy adjusted.

Edit: shit, just past the window. Clever bastards.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the deep, dark pit Disney keeps them in until FOX hands over their X-Men/Fantastic Four/Deadpool movie rights.
To be honest, Fox kind of stoked that fire at the beginning with their insistence they owned the word "mutant" and their early refusal to play ball at all. Sony was the same until Amazing Spider-man 2 crashed and burned. More recently though they seem to be getting along better, and the news of potential mergers would be interesting (although it should be concerning at how much of the market Disney would then own, especially given their strong arming over reviews and theater percentages). I really can do without the X-Men or FF (except for Dr. Doom, which I would love to be the next big bad after Thanos) in the MCU, but it does suck when it affects the games.

To be honest, Fox kind of stoked that fire at the beginning with their insistence they owned the word "mutant" and their early refusal to play ball at all. Sony was the same until Amazing Spider-man 2 crashed and burned. More recently though they seem to be getting along better, and the news of potential mergers would be interesting (although it should be concerning at how much of the market Disney would then own, especially given their strong arming over reviews and theater percentages). I really can do without the X-Men or FF (except for Dr. Doom, which I would love to be the next big bad after Thanos) in the MCU, but it does suck when it affects the games.
*pushes up nerd glasses* Actually it's because of the Sony hack where the head CEO of Sony discovered that their film division turned down Marvel's proposal of putting Spider-man as part of the MCU. So he basically reversed that decision.

I also just noticed the glaring lack of Marvel heroes I care about and realized it was Disney pushing their MCU crap on games.  Probably the same reason we don't have an X-Men Legends III or MUA3.

Disney Marvel is wrong Marvel.  It's their nature to never be as risque and dark as I want.  I'll go down with the X-Men ship, the only vestige of Marvel left.  So sad that Punisher and Elektra couldn't escape with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also just noticed the glaring lack of Marvel heroes I care about and realized it was Disney pushing their MCU crap on games. Probably the same reason we don't have an X-Men Legends III or MUA3.

Disney Marvel is wrong Marvel. It's their nature to never be as risque and dark as I want. I'll go down with the X-Men ship, the only vestige of Marvel left. So sad that Punisher and Elektra couldn't escape with them.
I'm of the opposite opinion, I couldn't care less about X-Men, especially now that Fox killed off Logan. I've enjoyed the movies and such, but it does get far too dark and emo for my tastes. Part of the thing that has made the DC movies (other than Wonder Woman) not as good to me.

I was going to grab the Deluxe version, but realized Black Panther is probably the only one I would play out of the DLC 6. I'll wait for a discount on the character pack or just get Black Panther alone and just ordered the regular version. I'm not as into fighting games as I once was, so the casual friendly nature might be nice for me.

This will be 30 at the most next year
You can say that about pretty much any full price game, minus Nintendo first party. Horizon: Zero Dawn is probably the PS4 game of the year, and it is $20 today, only eight months later.

I think quantum break was the only non-nintendo game that held it's value for a long time. That was an insanely slow price drop. I still haven't even played it yet.

bread's done
Back