Mass Effect 2 PS3 $19.99 @ Best Buy & Amazon

[quote name='Kenshindono']still havent played this. After the buggy mess that dragon age was, and the fact that they never patched it, i vowed to not buy another Bioware game. Despite ME1 being my fave xbox game. I eventually said screw it and got it when it was like 18 bucks on amazon but have not got around to playing it.

I hear its much more of an action game which is disappointing. I guess they 'streamlined' it to be more mass appeal. I havent had a desire to test that out. Reading the comments here it seems like my fears are probably justified =( Still, for 20 bucks it may be worth picking up since it has all the DLC. The lack of transferable characters is weak though[/QUOTE]

ME2 and Red Dead Redemption have got to be the two most critically acclaimed and over-hyped games ever. I got bored as hell with both games, (20% in RDR), and 75% in ME2 and still cannot bring myself to beat either one. If you're not sure about ME2 don't get it, you are not missing anything, especially with Dark Souls out, and Arkham City coming out. It is literally the same thing over and over and over again, which I know quite a few games do but it just seems for formulaic to me that I cannot stand it. Save those 20 bucks for something good. :D

^yeah, do the opposite of what this person says everyone. If you haven't played ME2 you ARE missing out. For $20, it's one of the best values EVER.

It's such an awesome game. Story+gameplay+graphics= awesome. Seriously.

Figured its not gonna be cheaper than this now so I went ahead and copped from BB. I can't wait to finally play the actual game besides the demo!

[quote name='emeraldgsl']^yeah, do the opposite of what this person says everyone. If you haven't played me2 you are missing out. For $20, it's one of the best values ever.

It's such an awesome game. Story+gameplay+graphics= awesome. Seriously.[/quote]
+1

How playable is ME2 on an SDTV? I'm currently stuck with one right now, and I'm afraid my dialogue choices become unreadable on such a TV.

[quote name='zincalloy']me2 and red dead redemption have got to be the two most critically acclaimed and over-hyped games ever. I got bored as hell with both games, (20% in rdr), and 75% in me2 and still cannot bring myself to beat either one. If you're not sure about me2 don't get it, you are not missing anything, especially with dark souls out, and arkham city coming out. It is literally the same thing over and over and over again, which i know quite a few games do but it just seems for formulaic to me that i cannot stand it. Save those 20 bucks for something good. :d[/quote]

i used store pick up on 10/3 which is monday and its been 2 days there are still no emails says my order is ready to pick up and the status it says its checking the stocks in the store

Gamestop/EB Games is now selling it for $20 as well. Grabbed a copy after work and canceled the one I ordered from Best Buy.

[quote name='Narok']Gamestop/EB Games is now selling it for $20 as well. Grabbed a copy after work and canceled the one I ordered from Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Submitting to Amazon, hoping for a price match!

[quote name='h4mx0r']How playable is ME2 on an SDTV? I'm currently stuck with one right now, and I'm afraid my dialogue choices become unreadable on such a TV.[/QUOTE]

unbearable, i have a 27 inch flat screen tube tv at work and had to squint my eyes to read the lines and shooting was difficult since its a third person shooter.

the game is made to play in hd on a big screen. its so much more enjoyable too.

[quote name='ZincAlloy']ME2 and Red Dead Redemption have got to be the two most critically acclaimed and over-hyped games ever. I got bored as hell with both games, (20% in RDR), and 75% in ME2 and still cannot bring myself to beat either one. If you're not sure about ME2 don't get it, you are not missing anything, especially with Dark Souls out, and Arkham City coming out. It is literally the same thing over and over and over again, which I know quite a few games do but it just seems for formulaic to me that I cannot stand it. Save those 20 bucks for something good. :D[/QUOTE]

Oh shut up and just go play more Call of Duty.

Anyone have audio problems on the PS3? I downloaded the trial off PSN+ a while back and remember a lot of dialog during cutscenes being laggy and/or out of sync.

[quote name='BillytheKid3000']Anyone have audio problems on the PS3? I downloaded the trial off PSN+ a while back and remember a lot of dialog during cutscenes being laggy and/or out of sync.[/QUOTE]

Nope didn't have any of that. I did hear others mention that. I think restarting the game helped. I think the patch may have fixed some audio problems too

[quote name='emeraldgsl']^yeah, do the opposite of what this person says everyone. If you haven't played ME2 you ARE missing out. For $20, it's one of the best values EVER.

It's such an awesome game. Story+gameplay+graphics= awesome. Seriously.[/QUOTE]
+1 :lol:

[quote name='ssjmichael']You would think they would have made one too with ME3 on the horizon. It's unlike EA to not take advantage of easy money like that. It's possible that a few months before the release of ME3 (say January) they could release an "Ultimate edition" with every DLC included (including Arrival)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gamingdroid']I would surprise if they made one for the PS3. It technically has almost all, but one of the DLCs.

The Xbox 360 one is long overdue... maybe they will release one closer to ME3 release date? ... or maybe EA are just making more money selling it as a DLC.[/QUOTE]

^These are what I'm getting at. I want an Xbox 360 game of the year type version with all the DLC for Mass Effect 2.

I have yet to purchase Mass Effect 2 and have yet to decide which console version to get. I want the Xbox 360 version for the abililty to transfer my character's decisions. I want the PS3 version just for the extra content/DLC available on the disc.

bread's done
Back