Mass Effect Trilogy $60 11/6 (360,PC,PS3))

Hijinx

CAGiversary!
Mass Effect 1,2 and 3 will be bundled together on November 6th. According to the post I read, 360 and PC will get it first and PS3 at a later date.

Also any PS3 users looking to just purchase Mass Effect 1 will be able to download it off of PSN for $14.99.

515PwVWCJAL._SX300_.jpg

PS3 Mass Effect Trilogy-Amazon

360 Mass Effect Trilogy-Amazon

PC Mass Effect Trilogy-Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
This is awesome. I'm not sure what system to pick it up on though. Got them all for the 360 and PC already, but I don't even own a PS3 right now... and I haven't even played any of these on my 360 either.

Uh, anybody think these things will be around for long?

Knowing EA it'll be prudent for me to wait. I bet there'll be a "DLC included" version of this after all the enthusiasts pour their money into this for the really CHEAP ass gamers like myself to enjoy the fruits of all that financial labor.

[quote name='ShadowNYC']Knowing EA it'll be prudent for me to wait. I bet there'll be a "DLC included" version of this after all the enthusiasts pour their money into this for the really CHEAP ass gamers like myself to enjoy the fruits of all that financial labor.[/QUOTE]

I decided to be a CAG and wait on the collector's edition and now I couldn't get one to save my life let alone one for cheap. This will probably not be limited though.

Taking a chance and sending 2 and 3 for PS3 to Amazon today. I'm banking on the original being on disk in the trilogy, seeing as it shows a disc for it on their site.

[quote name='roedaniel19']Taking a chance and sending 2 and 3 for PS3 to Amazon today. I'm banking on the original being on disk in the trilogy, seeing as it shows a disc for it on their site.[/QUOTE]
the trade in value for both together is roughly $20. Doesnt even seem worth it as you'd be paying $40 just to get ME1

[quote name='Gscept']If youre a collector you will get this no matter what!!!! I still have my sealed CoD Black ops Prestige edition, Killzone 3 Helghast edition and a couple of others. I will not pass this up, I will not open this either!!![/QUOTE]

seriously you and i were separated at birth, i've got so many sealed collectibles it's not even funny.

and for those of you who have something negative to say about my comment - can go suck an egg for all i care. just like many other collector's just venting out some candid frustration at the simple fact that as a fan of video game collections others can relate to having 20 different versions of the same exact thing... and it REALLY is putting a damper on my wallet. i'm sure many could relate.

just having fun - nothing serious - as a 32yr old husband (married for 12yrs) and father i can still pay my bills. most likely unlike totillasoup and dashaka i do not live off of my parents nor in my mother's basement.

LOL just kidding fellas - don't worry about me i'll make it work - + lighten up.

[quote name='Havok83']the trade in value for both together is roughly $20. Doesnt even seem worth it as you'd be paying $40 just to get ME1[/QUOTE]

Well, I'd much rather have ME1 on disc, I hate supporting this digital download crap. I also have some other Amazon credit just lying around, so no cash outta my pocket for this. I feel like its worth it, for me at least. We'll see how much they charge for ME1 on psn, more than likely either $20 or $30. If its the latter, then only $10 extra for the trilogy. But who knows.

[quote name='NINJA V']seriously you and i were separated at birth, i've got so many sealed collectibles it's not even funny.

and for those of you who have something negative to say about my comment - can go suck an egg for all i care. just like many other collector's just venting out some candid frustration at the simple fact that as a fan of video game collections others can relate to having 20 different versions of the same exact thing... and it REALLY is putting a damper on my wallet. i'm sure many could relate.

just having fun - nothing serious - as a 32yr old husband (married for 12yrs) and father i can still pay my bills. most likely unlike totillasoup and dashaka i do not live off of my parents nor in my mother's basement.

LOL just kidding fellas - don't worry about me i'll make it work - + lighten up.[/QUOTE]

In the past couple months I've bought or found(meaning they were at my parents house/my basement) a lot of them and realized I've bought a couple of extras of a few and kept them sealed. The only time I open CE's anymore is if the box is already in rough shape(UC3 will be played when I finished the other two becuase it was in a spider trap thing). Other wise I keep it sealed and displayed in my closet for now. I just can't spend 100 bucks on them most of the time, so I just hope there's more for me to grab when the time is right. If not, I get bummed and hope for a deal on ebay.

But with this series I will probably buy this day 1. I don't really care if it's limited or not, I really just want the whole thing together in a package. I'm hoping it will give BioWare(who I'm sure don't need any incentive) to keep doing new ips with their creative abilities and to make trilogies as good as this consistantly. And maybe if this is bought in enough supply, it'll help EA give smaller companies(which Bioware was with SW:KOTOR) a chance to really make the games the way they want and in the direction they choose. Really, I just want more original IPs and if buying something like this will help a huge company like EA, and an equally huge studio like BioWare to keep producing them, I'll do it.

This isn't limited is it? I don't see why it would be limited heh.

Also I used to keep my collectors editions sealed, until I gott borderlands 2 ULCE. I wanted to play the damn thing! So I opened the sucker. Besides, I get tto enjoy and see the extra contents.

Soon, ill open my skyrim CE, mass effect 3 CE and the witcher 2 dark edition.

[quote name='giantqtipz']This isn't limited is it? I don't see why it would be limited heh.

Also I used to keep my collectors editions sealed, until I gott borderlands 2 ULCE. I wanted to play the damn thing! So I opened the sucker. Besides, I get tto enjoy and see the extra contents.

Soon, ill open my skyrim CE, mass effect 3 CE and the witcher 2 dark edition.[/QUOTE]

You monster. :applause: Happy Gaming.

I don't really understand the point of buying a game and then never opening it, but I may get this because I have never played any of them. Great price for 3 games. Whether or not I buy it at release depends on pre-order deals. Hopefully newegg sells it for $45. :)

i know it doesn't make sense to many but say that to my ninja gaiden sigma collector's edition 1/2/3 / mass effect 1/2/3 collector's edition / halo 1 and 3 green xbox's / star wars kotor 1/2 to say the least... lot's of those have doubled or tripled in value only because they are sealed. it's just like any other collector's hobby.

i still rebuy them used when the price drops or i rent them and back them up in my modded 360/ps3. technically in the gray area of video game ownership, but if need be to cough up proof of ownership i can do it instantly.

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't really understand the point of buying a game and then never opening it, but I may get this because I have never played any of them. Great price for 3 games. Whether or not I buy it at release depends on pre-order deals. Hopefully newegg sells it for $45. :)[/QUOTE]They do have postings up already (search for "Mass Effect Trilogy" under Gaming since my URL didn't work), though they're listed as "Out of Stock". Hopefully they'll adjust to being preorder-able before the next $15 off preorder promo. ;)

This will lower the price of ME3 for the PC. I'll pick it up on some Amazon sale since i already own the other two games on Steam.

So I assume the PS3 version of this trilogy will not have the comic any more and ME2 will read the savedata of ME1... I know ultimately those choices don't matter, but to me it would greatly improve the continuity of the character and story. Also, hopefully it means PS3 owners will be able to get that discount with that weapons vendor on Illium.

[quote name='ShadowNYC']Knowing EA it'll be prudent for me to wait. I bet there'll be a "DLC included" version of this after all the enthusiasts pour their money into this for the really CHEAP ass gamers like myself to enjoy the fruits of all that financial labor.[/QUOTE]

I'm hard pressed to think of any EA game that has been re-released with post launch DLC included. EA isn't interested in giving that stuff away...they much rather push out a standard version with a lower price overall (this collection is priced effectively like 3 platinum hits games bundled together), move more units and then get more money back when some of those people buy the DLC.

But I would definitely wait until the holiday sales kick off...This is the sort of thing I would expect to show up during a daily deal on amazon for $40. I'm not sure how big the audience is for double dipping on current gen games, esp when the games are still individually available new for $20 or less.

[quote name='iduncurr']12/31/12 for PS3?
Daaaaaang[/QUOTE]

Doubt it. They haven't announced a date. That's just a placeholder date if you're looking at Amazon.

[quote name='barrit']Doubt it. They haven't announced a date. That's just a placeholder date if you're looking at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Most likely.

I am curious about this. Beat 2 on PS3 and thought about 3 in next year, but with this might see how 1 does on consoles (I played it on PC year ago).

[quote name='NINJA V']i know it doesn't make sense to many but say that to my ninja gaiden sigma collector's edition 1/2/3 / mass effect 1/2/3 collector's edition / halo 1 and 3 green xbox's / star wars kotor 1/2 to say the least... lot's of those have doubled or tripled in value only because they are sealed. it's just like any other collector's hobby.

i still rebuy them used when the price drops or i rent them and back them up in my modded 360/ps3. technically in the gray area of video game ownership, but if need be to cough up proof of ownership i can do it instantly.[/QUOTE]

Sure, but how many games have you bought and kept sealed thinking they would become rare only to see the bottom drop out on the value? That's the problem with collecting games in the hopes of the value rising. 98% of modern games are worth far less than MSRP sealed or not and you never really know in time to make an educated guess about which ones they will be.

[quote name='K_G']I'm hard pressed to think of any EA game that has been re-released with post launch DLC included. EA isn't interested in giving that stuff away...they much rather push out a standard version with a lower price overall (this collection is priced effectively like 3 platinum hits games bundled together), move more units and then get more money back when some of those people buy the DLC.
[/QUOTE]

Dragon Age Origins was re-released with all the DLC.

I think there comes a point where a game is so old and the sales have dropped off that I don't think you are going to get a bunch of people wanting to buy an old game, even on sale, and then still have to buy the DLC on top of it.

Also, if you are marketing some big complete (for now) franchise pack it seems to me rather silly to not include the DLC.

Then again, this is EA we are talking about.

[quote name='Nightclam']I always wanted to play the ME series... now my procrastination will pay off! All three in one package on my PS3. Very nice. I might even pay full price. Might.[/QUOTE]
+1

[quote name='gospelman']Nonetheless, this is a good move for those here that only use PS3. The story to ME1 is fantastic and the little backstory comic doesn't do it justice.[/QUOTE]

I don't own a 360 and I got my PS3 less than a year ago, so this is great news for me. I've been wanting to get into this series, but have been holding off hoping for ME1 on the PS3 or at the very least a dual pack with DLC.

Hmm...I have Mass Effect on my 360 backlog still. I have Mass Effect 2 on PS3 opened because of the expiring code.

I don't own Mass Effect 3 yet. I guess I could get this trilogy on PS3 since I don't own ME 1 and 3 on there.

Edit: I guess I could just get ME 1 on PSN and ME 3 when they go on sale. Is it a big deal to play all the ME games one system or can I get away with playing ME 2 and 3 only on PS3, while experiencing ME 1 on 360?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Edit: I guess I could just get ME 1 on PSN and ME 3 when they go on sale. Is it a big deal to play all the ME games one system or can I get away with playing ME 2 and 3 only on PS3, while experiencing ME 1 on 360?[/QUOTE]
Carrying your character and chocies forward from one game to the next is a pretty big part of the appeal.

This really only makes sense for me if newegg has $15 off pre-order deal. Otherwise the individual games can be had for slightly less money, and that spreads the cost out too.

[quote name='bojay1997']Sure, but how many games have you bought and kept sealed thinking they would become rare only to see the bottom drop out on the value? That's the problem with collecting games in the hopes of the value rising. 98% of modern games are worth far less than MSRP sealed or not and you never really know in time to make an educated guess about which ones they will be.[/QUOTE]

i'd say 85% of my collection has atleast stayed at msrp - i've been lucky - one thing i've learned is that alot of them drop in price the 1st year then steadily climb right before the release of a sequel... at that point is when i decide to cut my losses or keep.

my ps3 dragon age collector's edition for example of a bad investment vs
my 2x sealed ps3 metal gear solid console with backwards compat and my sealed gray ps3 on the other side of the good spectrum.

it is all a huge gamble and watching trends.

[quote name='Greyghost']Dragon Age Origins was re-released with all the DLC.

I think there comes a point where a game is so old and the sales have dropped off that I don't think you are going to get a bunch of people wanting to buy an old game, even on sale, and then still have to buy the DLC on top of it.

Also, if you are marketing some big complete (for now) franchise pack it seems to me rather silly to not include the DLC.

Then again, this is EA we are talking about.[/QUOTE]

I had forgotten about Dragon Age (and ME2 for the PS3 had DLC added, but that was more a justification for the high price point at release (I think it was $50 or $60) at a time when the Xbox version was selling for $20)

I suspect that EA figures if folks haven't picked it up by now, they they probably don't know/care about getting the DLC and if if they do, EA gets another bite out of their wallet.

i seriously doubt it will knowing ea and how they (like any other successful company) would want to make money from dlc.

i hope and pray that it comes with all previous dlc on disc, and would gladly eat my words if they do include it. i would imagine the price would be closer to 99.99 tho.

eitherway i benefit from being right or from dlc if i'm wrong, so only time will tell.

[quote name='K_G']I suspect that EA figures if folks haven't picked it up by now, they they probably don't know/care about getting the DLC and if if they do, EA gets another bite out of their wallet.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, the whole point of a double dip is to get those people that already bought your game to buy it again. While still gaining the new to game crowd, 2 birds 1 stone. Thus GOTY versions with DLC added. A lot of people never buy DLC until a GOTY version comes out and they'll get that version, because it's cheaper than over priced DLC.

However, this is EA so we should probably expect an Avatar the movie situation. Where we'll see the GOTY Trilogy version sometime next summer/fall heh.

[quote name='bromans12']I am surprised that anyone even cares about this. There are just too many new games to play at this point.[/QUOTE]

It's one of the best regarded RPG franchises in existence, has a ton of replay value, and redefined interactive cinematic conversations in games. There's always a reason to go back and play games that had that big of an impact.

[quote name='bromans12']I am surprised that anyone even cares about this. There are just too many new games to play at this point.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It seems like anyone who would have been interested in this genre of game probably already owns them and has played through them. The games take many, many hours to play through, so I can't imagine a situation where anyone would want to play them all again. It's not like some games where it's a minor time commitment, this will literally occupy weeks and months of time. On top of all this, the repackaging appears kind of cheap with just a digipack and a foil box. I can't figure out why anyone is considering buying this to keep it sealed since it's nothing spectacular at all.

[quote name='bojay1997']Agreed. It seems like anyone who would have been interested in this genre of game probably already owns them and has played through them. The games take many, many hours to play through, so I can't imagine a situation where anyone would want to play them all again. It's not like some games where it's a minor time commitment, this will literally occupy weeks and months of time.[/QUOTE]
You make it sound like playing video games is a chore. ;)

I haven't gotten around to picking up ME3 yet, but I know you can play through the first two games in about 15 hours each if you're willing to focus just on the main quests. If you enjoy the game enough to do the optional sidequests than getting weeks or months of entertainment would sound pretty appealing. I've played through ME1 & ME2 multiple times just to see how all your choices would play out, plus it didn't hurt that the gameplay itself was pretty solid.

There are always too many new games to play. That doesnt stop older games from getting a re-release bc there's a market for them, especially collections like this

[quote name='Thrinn']You make it sound like playing video games is a chore. ;)

I haven't gotten around to picking up ME3 yet, but I know you can play through the first two games in about 15 hours each if you're willing to focus just on the main quests. If you enjoy the game enough to do the optional sidequests than getting weeks or months of entertainment would sound pretty appealing. I've played through ME1 & ME2 multiple times just to see how all your choices would play out, plus it didn't hurt that the gameplay itself was pretty solid.[/QUOTE]

It can be if you've already experienced most of what a game has to offer already. I love this particular game series, but like most games I have loved over the years, I just have no desire to play through it again. Life is just too short and there are too many other amazing things to experience not just in gaming, but in other arts and hobbies and life in general.

If this hasn't been posted yet, from the Bioware website:

http://masseffect.bioware.com/about/trilogy/

What DLC is included in the Mass Effect Trilogy?
On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer.
On Xbox 360, Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station are not included with Mass Effect, however they are available as stand-alone downloads through Xbox LIVE. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included and Online Pass will be included for Mass Effect 3.
Information on PlayStation 3 DLC will be available soon.

Is there a lot missing from this? Always wanted to play the series but currently only have ME1 for PC....

[quote name='farmrt88']If this hasn't been posted yet, from the Bioware website:

On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer.
On Xbox 360, Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station are not included with Mass Effect, however they are available as stand-alone downloads through Xbox LIVE. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included and Online Pass will be included for Mass Effect 3.

Is there a lot missing from this? Always wanted to play the series but currently only have ME1 for PC....[/QUOTE]

It looks like all of the paid DLC is missing from the xbox 360 package. The DLC for ME1 is garbage. Easily skipped. ME2 OTOH has some great DLC.

Day one purchase if it includes all the DLC for ME1 and ME2 for me if not I'll wait till its around $30ish. I'd be surprised if the ME2 DLC already included on the current edition won't be included and I hope we get the Platinum edition type like the Xbox version has. W/E, will wait and see and hope ME1 isn't a crappy port

[quote name='ZCG']Wow I wasn't expecting this! I'm still not convinced ME1 on PS3 will be included in this trilogy at the low, low cost of $59.99 But I'd love to be surprised xD

[/QUOTE]

Yes, they're pioneers. They're going to release a 2 game trilogy.

#-o

[quote name='farmrt88']If this hasn't been posted yet, from the Bioware website:

Is there a lot missing from this? Always wanted to play the series but currently only have ME1 for PC....[/QUOTE]

Yeah theres a lot missing. ME1 had Bring Down the Sky (included with PH on 360) and Pinnacle Station. ME2 had Cerberus Network (which came free with new copies anyway), Firewalker, Overlord, Lair Of The Shadow Broker, and Arrival. ME3 has (so far) From Ashes, Leviathan, and Omega DLC to be released this year. Not surprised they left it out cause of disk space, but its definitely not an incentive for most people to buy this.

leaving out tons of DLC, maybe you could get away with something like that before the ME3 ending and still have people buying it

Just PS3 ME1 for me

Curious as to what will be available on PS3.

I'm going to predict that it includes all DLC from ME1, almost all DLC from ME2 (Arrival being excluded), and just the online pass for ME3.

[quote name='Anexanhume']It's one of the best regarded RPG franchises in existence, has a ton of replay value, and redefined interactive cinematic conversations in games. There's always a reason to go back and play games that had that big of an impact.[/QUOTE]

I hope that part is a joke. Decent series for sure but a corridor shooter with color coded dialogue choices is not an RPG.

[quote name='Nochance']I hope that part is a joke. Decent series for sure but a corridor shooter with color coded dialogue choices is not an RPG.[/QUOTE]

Enlighten us, what is an RPG?

[quote name='zohar']Enlighten us, what is an RPG?[/QUOTE]

One of the best responses to a troll I've seen on this forum. Putting him on the spot to defend his "position" is classy, respectful, and witty. Here's to you good sir :beer:.

[quote name='Nochance']I hope that part is a joke. Decent series for sure but a corridor shooter with color coded dialogue choices is not an RPG.[/QUOTE]

It's an RPG.

bread's done
Back