Mass Effect Trilogy $60 11/6 (360,PC,PS3))

Hijinx

CAGiversary!
Mass Effect 1,2 and 3 will be bundled together on November 6th. According to the post I read, 360 and PC will get it first and PS3 at a later date.

Also any PS3 users looking to just purchase Mass Effect 1 will be able to download it off of PSN for $14.99.

515PwVWCJAL._SX300_.jpg

PS3 Mass Effect Trilogy-Amazon

360 Mass Effect Trilogy-Amazon

PC Mass Effect Trilogy-Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GamerDude316']Yeah theres a lot missing. ME1 had Bring Down the Sky (included with PH on 360) and Pinnacle Station. ME2 had Cerberus Network (which came free with new copies anyway), Firewalker, Overlord, Lair Of The Shadow Broker, and Arrival. ME3 has (so far) From Ashes, Leviathan, and Omega DLC to be released this year. Not surprised they left it out cause of disk space, but its definitely not an incentive for most people to buy this.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually glad (I just bought ME1 for 7.99, and posted that I gave up on waiting for the "complete trilogy" on the other thread:cool:)

It was already suspicious when they didn't mention DLC at the initial announcement. I assumed they would at least include all ME 1 and 2 DLC, but this is just embarrassing. How they don't even include Shadow Broker and Arrival is really head-scratching--those were important story transition points, I would imagine ME3 making even less sense if players missed those DLC.

No DLC means I'll be getting ME1 only, assuming it's a step up from the 360 version. $15 ain't bad. I would have expected $20. Hell, they probably could have gotten away with $40 if it came out alongside ME2 on PS3.

$60 for all three with no DLC is too much. Any of these games can easily be found for $20. I'm not interested in a fancy box.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']No DLC means I'll be getting ME1 only, assuming it's a step up from the 360 version. $15 ain't bad. I would have expected $20. Hell, they probably could have gotten away with $40 if it came out alongside ME2 on PS3.

$60 for all three with no DLC is too much. Any of these games can easily be found for $20. I'm not interested in a fancy box.[/QUOTE]

Especially for ME1, where you can buy it sub $20 and get one of the DLC's (arguably 2nd best in the series behind LoTSB) included.

So if im reading this right, this STILL doesn't include the DLC for ME2? Particularly Lair of the Shadow broker? Is that correct?

If so, thats really lame. I still havent played 2 even though I own it since they have critical DLC like that STILL missing. No GOTY or anything like that for it yet. Without that i'll be passing. If they dont include it with this im starting to think the 360 will never get a complete release of ME2.. *sigh*

^_^x KD

I wonder if there will be a Mass Effect 3 Game of the Year Edition with all the DLC included so far. I'm sure there are a lot of people who have both ME 1 and 2, but not 3.

Yeah, I definitely see myself waiting till $30-$40 range for this at least, and that's only cause I want the box. Bad time to release it with Halo 4 coming out then as wll

[quote name='bromans12']I am surprised that anyone even cares about this. There are just too many new games to play at this point.[/QUOTE]

I plan on getting it. My PC can't run ME and the fact that the 1st one never came to PS3 was reason enough for me to ignore the other 2. While the ending to the 3rd game has been thoroughly spoiled for me, I still feel I should play through this after all the praise it's gotten.

That said if it doesn't come with DLC I'm going to hold out for a serious price drop. Like you said, there are so many new games out and I still have games from the last year (and even older) that I haven't even opened yet.

Looks like I'll be going in the hole $25 by trading in 2 and 3 to get this. Oh well, as long as the original is on disc I'll still be happy.

Not sure if I should trade in ME2.

I'm just concern if the DLC is not included in this collection for ME2, will it still be comptaible with the voucher on the standalone copy ?

Thanks.

Just found out that you'll be able to purchase Mass Effect 1 for $14.99 off of PSN, which is about what I thought it would be and seems reasonable. Updated the OP w/ this info

[quote name='cheapnpoor']Not sure if I should trade in ME2.

I'm just concern if the DLC is not included in this collection for ME2, will it still be comptaible with the voucher on the standalone copy ?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes, according to the update on the Mass Effect website.

Played ME1 on PC...ME2 on 360. Don't have copies of either anymore. Seriously considering getting this for PS3 if it comes out in time for a Black Friday deal. If not, I have more than enough games to keep me busy until Black Friday 2013 when it might be under 30 bucks.

Ah, that $14.99 price tag for the PSN version made me change my mind. Canceled pre-order and trade ins. Amazon is so customer friendly.

If Mass Effect 1 is $14.99, that's is a day one buy. I was thinking $20 but this is even better. Hoping for a PS+ discount.

[quote name='sherlock2g']If Mass Effect 1 is $14.99, that's is a day one buy. I was thinking $20 but this is even better. Hoping for a PS+ discount.[/QUOTE]

Yea totally agree. I'm hoping that the digital version comes with all the DLC, but I wouldn't see why it wouldn't if the retail version does. Unless the Trilogy comes with all the DLC then I'll probably just stick to ME1

[quote name='zohar']Enlighten us, what is an RPG?[/QUOTE]

Its a genre that evolved from pen and paper RPGs where chance plays a bigger role than skill. Combat in a real RPG is based on numbers and percentages.

I have played a lot of ME. Adding numbers to a game where they don't matter whatsoever does not make an RPG, and the same goes for the color coded dialogue "choices".

I get why the dudebros like to consider ME, Skyrim, Fable etc. RPGs, but its hilariously off. It's become a marketing tool to make your average casual joe feel smart. And clearly its working.

[quote name='Nochance']Its a genre that evolved from pen and paper RPGs where chance plays a bigger role than skill. Combat in a real RPG is based on numbers and percentages.[/quote]

So, you used the word to define it and you insult RPG players of all types by saying they can't use skill to manage those numbers wisely.

I have played a lot of ME. Adding numbers to a game where they don't matter whatsoever does not make an RPG, and the same goes for the color coded dialogue "choices".

So, numbers that affect weapon strength, health, enemy protections and percentage based special skill additions don't matter. And dialogue choices that have a tangible affect on the story and outcome of the game don't matter. Got it.

I get why the dudebros like to consider ME, Skyrim, Fable etc. RPGs, but its hilariously off. It's become a marketing tool to make your average casual joe feel smart. And clearly its working.

Yes, because people lump themselves in the "in your underwear in the basement" game category to be regarded as smart.

6Lark.gif

[quote name='Anexanhume']So, you used the word to define it and you insult RPG players of all types by saying they can't use skill to manage those numbers wisely.

So, numbers that affect weapon strength, health, enemy protections and percentage based special skill additions don't matter. And dialogue choices that have a tangible affect on the story and outcome of the game don't matter. Got it.

Yes, because people lump themselves in the "in your underwear in the basement" game category to be regarded as smart.

[/QUOTE]

Lol, are you being serious? I said chance plays a bigger role than skill. I'm not sure why you chose to be offended by that.

If you can ignore all the numbers and just shooty bang bang, yea, they don't matter. Is Borderlands an RPG now too? This gen is fucking hilarious.

Wow. Them not including any DLC is just ...wow.

OK well since I have the stand alone's (on 360) then this isn't for me.

*then again maybe if it goes super cheap one day I'll get the package for PS3 but other than that............MEH.

[quote name='Ranced']Playing a pen and paper RPG constitutes as being smart? haha oh wow[/QUOTE]

Haha, nice job going out of your way to misunderstand what was said. Unless you're actually that slow...?

[quote name='shadowrage']Does it have a cool collectible box?
And DLC? I was just about to download Leviathan.[/QUOTE]

bet my bottom dollar not

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']Wow. Them not including any DLC is just ...wow.

OK well since I have the stand alone's (on 360) then this isn't for me.

*then again maybe if it goes super cheap one day I'll get the package for PS3 but other than that............MEH.[/QUOTE]

^^^
This is my sentiment exactly. Maybe if it goes cheap i'll get it for PS3, if not, meh. I honestly cant belive that theyre not including the DLC. Esepecially for ME2. At the very least lair of the shadowbroker. That has stuff thats kinda important to the main plot of the game in it!

Is it definitely confirmed that there will be no DLC? (other than stuipd weapon packs) Particularly for mass effect 2? Im still holding a bit of hope since i have yet to play ME2 or ME3, even though ME1 is my favorite 360 game of all time. Simply because of all the DLC bs. I keep waiting for a GOTY edition

*sigh* fuck you EA. I used to love Bioware, but since they got bought by EA theyve turned to complete shit. KOTOR was my fave 360 game, and Mass Effect 1 was my fave 360 game. Looks like their legacy is going to be crappy nickel and dime DLC bs to the consumer from here on out. It wouldnt bug me so much if they didn't have plot critical crap that theyre holding back from you! Theyre getting as bad as Capcom

^_^x KD

[quote name='aus_nacht']Ok so Mass Effect will have all the DLC. Mass effect 2 and 3 will have cerberus and mass effect 2 will have the free content that came with cerberus (Zaeed, etc.).

http://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-trilogy?abthid=50676630dd56656825000059[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kenshindono']
Is it definitely confirmed that there will be no DLC? [/QUOTE]

The IGN page that aus_nacht linked to (which just references http://www.masseffect.com/about/trilogy) clearly says that information on PS3 DLC hasn't been announced yet.

Granted the PC and 360 announcements have been disappointing thus far, but maybe ease up on the doomsaying till we get some more news yeah? :cool:

Saw this one coming a mile away when they mentioned nothing about DLC for the announcement. What an embarrassing release, it's no wonder those Bioware founders left the company.

ME3 being on sale for for $20 killed any interest I had in picking this up down the line. Already own 1 and 2 along with all the DLC on 360 so picking 3 up on the cheap was a better deal. Had they done something like remade ME1 using the ME2 engine or made improvements to ME3 I would have have been excited.

[quote name='croqoa']Saw this one coming a mile away when they mentioned nothing about DLC for the announcement. What an embarrassing release, it's no wonder those Bioware founders left the company.[/QUOTE]

Didn't you hear? Rumor has it that the real reason they left is because fans of ME3 had the nerve to complain about the original ending. Redonkulous!

I hadn't noticed before even, but it's classy that the heading for the page is, "The Definitive Mass Effect Experience." That is incredibly accurate in this situation as the series is at least partially defined by charging extra for basically required paid DLC as far as story goes.

Haha, reading this thread reminds me that console gamers are just suckers. Wow, what a deal! I can own all three base games with no DLC for just $60!.

I've literally bought ME1 and ME2 for $5 each. And ME3 has been on sale many times for $20. How is this a deal and why is it on CAG?

[quote name='Nochance']Lol, are you being serious? I said chance plays a bigger role than skill. I'm not sure why you chose to be offended by that.

If you can ignore all the numbers and just shooty bang bang, yea, they don't matter. Is Borderlands an RPG now too? This gen is fucking hilarious.[/QUOTE]

fuck this guy.

It would be nice if they included all of the DLC plus some extras to make this more a collector's edition for the fans. It looks like it's basically just the three games and what you would get with them if you purchased them separately. If you're a CAG this isn't really a deal.

[quote name='Sophrosync']The IGN page that aus_nacht linked to (which just references http://www.masseffect.com/about/trilogy) clearly says that information on PS3 DLC hasn't been announced yet.

Granted the PC and 360 announcements have been disappointing thus far, but maybe ease up on the doomsaying till we get some more news yeah? :cool:[/QUOTE]

I'm actually surprised that they're not including all DLC with this package (at least for what's announced)... I mean, I figured this would be like the GotY or Ultimate versions that include all DLC. But without all the DLC, these are just standard re-releases in a new package.

I hope they give PS3 owners all the DLC (since they'll probably have plenty of room on BD and it comes out later). I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm actually surprised that they're not including all DLC with this package (at least for what's announced)... I mean, I figured this would be like the GotY or Ultimate versions that include all DLC. But without all the DLC, these are just standard re-releases in a new package.

I hope they give PS3 owners all the DLC (since they'll probably have plenty of room on BD and it comes out later). I'd buy that in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]

I would bet that PS3 owners will get all the dlc for ME1 (just like on PC and 360), all the dlc except arrival (just like original release), and just cerberus on ME3).

I was hoping for all the dlc on 1 and 2 but it was always a stretch to hope for all the dlc on ME3.

[quote name='aus_nacht']I would bet that PS3 owners will get all the dlc for ME1 (just like on PC and 360), all the dlc except arrival (just like original release), and just cerberus on ME3).

I was hoping for all the dlc on 1 and 2 but it was always a stretch to hope for all the dlc on ME3.[/QUOTE]

I don't see EA releasing this at the same time on PS3 and 360 and gimping the 360 version. It'll either be both include the DLC or neither include it.

[quote name='angelfly']I don't see EA releasing this at the same time on PS3 and 360 and gimping the 360 version. It'll either be both include the DLC or neither include it.[/QUOTE]But that's the thing--they're not releasing them at the same time: From the OP, "360 and PC will get it first and PS3 at a later date".

[quote name='Vigilante']But that's the thing--they're not releasing them at the same time: From the OP, "360 and PC will get it first and PS3 at a later date".[/QUOTE]

Ah I missed that. Depending on how far out it is then I guess PS3 owners have a better chance of getting some DLC.

[quote name='xRidley']Haha, reading this thread reminds me that console gamers are just suckers. Wow, what a deal! I can own all three base games with no DLC for just $60!.

I've literally bought ME1 and ME2 for $5 each. And ME3 has been on sale many times for $20. How is this a deal and why is it on CAG?[/QUOTE]
I paid 5 bucks for ME2 on ps3 and it came with almost all the dlc, how about you. I spent 10 more bucks on ME3 and got the collectors edition, did the pc even have a collectors edition? I believe i got a better deall than you until i spend what will probably be 15-20 bucks on mass effect 1 but at least i will be able to get it on ps3 and i won't have to use a stupid mouse and keyboard to play the games. I never got pc kids thinking they had the superior control scheme. You mush not have enough hand eye coordination to dominate with a controller.

Thats ok, keep thinking your a Big Tymer.

[quote name='aus_nacht']I would bet that PS3 owners will get all the dlc for ME1 (just like on PC and 360), all the dlc except arrival (just like original release), and just cerberus on ME3).

I was hoping for all the dlc on 1 and 2 but it was always a stretch to hope for all the dlc on ME3.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, why would they include all but Arrival for ME2? I have absolutely zero experience with ME DLC. And isn't Cerberus just a DLC pass (meaning you get all DLC)?

[quote name='angelfly']Ah I missed that. Depending on how far out it is then I guess PS3 owners have a better chance of getting some DLC.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that PS3 owners might get all the DLC because the series has a much stronger following on the PC and 360, which might also explain the latter release of the PS3 version.

Even though I own all 3 games on the 360, I'd love to have the complete set (all 3 games + all DLC) as a physical release. I really want to go back to ME 1 & 2 (not as fond of 3) and spend more time with them.

[quote name='Vinny']Out of curiosity, why would they include all but Arrival for ME2? I have absolutely zero experience with ME DLC. And isn't Cerberus just a DLC pass (meaning you get all DLC)?

I was thinking that PS3 owners might get all the DLC because the series has a much stronger following on the PC and 360, which might also explain the latter release of the PS3 version.

Even though I own all 3 games on the 360, I'd love to have the complete set (all 3 games + all DLC) as a physical release. I really want to go back to ME 1 & 2 (not as fond of 3) and spend more time with them.[/QUOTE]

IIRC, Arrival DLC released after ME2 had been released on PS3. Cerberus Network only granted access to Zaeed, Normandy Crash Site, and a couple other small DLC's at release, never covered any subsequent DLC's.

[quote name='GBH']I paid 5 bucks for ME2 on ps3 and it came with almost all the dlc, how about you. I spent 10 more bucks on ME3 and got the collectors edition, did the pc even have a collectors edition? I believe i got a better deall than you until i spend what will probably be 15-20 bucks on mass effect 1 but at least i will be able to get it on ps3 and i won't have to use a stupid mouse and keyboard to play the games. I never got pc kids thinking they had the superior control scheme. You mush not have enough hand eye coordination to dominate with a controller.

Thats ok, keep thinking your a Big Tymer.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, wow. I rarely even play PC games and this still made me laugh pretty hard. I can almost hear you sobbing uncontrollably while typing it.

bread's done
Back