Mass Effect Walmart.com, TRU.com, KMART in stores!

uberczar915

CAG Veteran
[digg]http://digg.com/xbox_360/Mass_Effect_Street_Date_Broken[/digg]
don't know if they're shipping yet, can anyone confirm?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4103905
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2850708

**UPDATE**

Just bought it at KMART. They had three copies on the shelf behind the glass. This was in the University of Delaware area.
mass1.jpg
mass2.jpg

http://files-upload.com/files/609815/119_0089.jpg

http://files-upload.com/files/609820/119_0092.jpg

I hope I'm not too late...I'll be calling Kmart tomorrow to see if they have any copies left...

If not, I'll just buy Soldier of Fortune this week and wait for ME.

Checked 2 more Walmarts, a Target, and another Kmart.(All in Greenville, SC) NO LUCK-^THe Jig is up like they stated above. People I asked at all stores reported massive phone calls about this game. Only Target did not have this reply. None of them could understand why so many calls came in?!

The weekend intern at consumerist.com responded to me so we'll see what happens. I'm also going to send my story to all 4 TV news stations in St. Louis (ABC doesn't have news here) and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The weekend intern at consumerist.com responded to me so we'll see what happens. I'm also going to send my story to all 4 TV news stations in St. Louis (ABC doesn't have news here) and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.[/quote]

What story?

Might be kind of late for reply, but I found 2 copies last night in Superior WI. Superior Kmart by the way is an oxymoron, but at the least they delivered the goods! It was rather hilarious that the gal in electronics who opened up the glass case for me completely missed the bright orange "Do not sell until 11/20" sticker, and then handed it off to another employee who rang it up and yet again was completely oblivious. Hooray for incompetence!:bouncy:

[quote name='galvatron2k1']Doing your job is not pulling the game out of the case, reading the release date sticker at the top of the game, and by all means, not ringing the game up. I'd be ticked if I tried to buy it, he swiped my credit card and as I was signing the slip, he told me I couldn't buy it. Only for the simple fact that now $194 is tied up in pending charges limbo. The transaction was pretty much complete, yanking it at that point is wrong.

Nobody told these people they had to work at KMart. They chose to work there. So, I don't see how their job is punishment.

Didn't see any from the 2 Kmarts in the Cleveland, OH area. But that's ok, I'm cool with waiting.[/quote]

I never said the guy that sold you the games was doing his job. However, I severly doubt there is any training or mention of that aspect of the job for those employees. As for your money being tied up, thats the risk you run when you knowingly go into a store to buy a product you know they should not be selling yet. I don't really care that you tried. I just wouldn't be crying so much about it not working either.

[quote name='DanteMayCry']I never said the guy that sold you the games was doing his job. However, I severly doubt there is any training or mention of that aspect of the job for those employees. As for your money being tied up, thats the risk you run when you knowingly go into a store to buy a product you know they should not be selling yet. I don't really care that you tried. I just wouldn't be crying so much about it not working either.[/quote]

It was never my issue. All I'm saying is if they were "doing their job" then they would know they would not be allowed to sell it. There is a big orange sticker on the top of the game that says do not sell before... And yes, I know my local Kmart informs their employees about release dates so there is some training involved in this. As for the person who had the problem, I have no idea. But I'm willing to bet that they had the same training. If another employee walked by and said "Hey, you can't sell that" while they were in the process of checking out, then somebody knew it should not be allowed.

And yes, the person's money being tied up is their fault. It wouldn't be tied up if they had not rang the product up at the register before the employee tried to double back and void it out. I bet they couldn't even void it out, rather, they probably had to process a refund since he was signing the receipt. Crying about it not working is one thing if they deny the sale up front, but the person who PAID for the product is being incovenienced because the transaction was complete.

Bottom line, if they were doing their job, the response is, "the product is street dated and we cannot sell it until that time." Since that did not occur, they DID NOT do their job. Done.

Back on topic...

[quote name='MSUHitman']The weekend intern at consumerist.com responded to me so we'll see what happens. I'm also going to send my story to all 4 TV news stations in St. Louis (ABC doesn't have news here) and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.[/QUOTE]

lol, ok no offense but I would love to see this play out:

Newsman: Today in the news a 5 car pile up on the highway in St Louis. 2 people suffered from minor cuts and bruises,while one man was dead on arrival. And in other news I take you to Jane with a story of terrorism...jane?

Jane: Thanks, Tom, I am hear standing with a fellow man who reported in a terrorist threat a local KMart employee made when refusing to sell the man a copy of a video game that apparantly was sold to the man 2 weeks before the store is issued to sell it. The man had a rebutle about this and demanded the games he had paid for. The manager would not allow it and gave the man back his money he paid for the games. The man than sent in his story.and here he is today.........

MSUHitman: Hi MOM!!!!

lol

Has anyone had a chance to play any of this game yet?? If so let us know what you think so far please.:D

Hey guys. Don't give up hope. I talked to a guy last night that said he'll put them out as soon as he receives them. He told me that he expected them tomorrow. When I drove around saturday morning/afternoon it seemed like most stores hadn't gotten their copies yet.

[quote name='Gatsu24']Might be kind of late for reply, but I found 2 copies last night in Superior WI. Superior Kmart by the way is an oxymoron, but at the least they delivered the goods! It was rather hilarious that the gal in electronics who opened up the glass case for me completely missed the bright orange "Do not sell until 11/20" sticker, and then handed it off to another employee who rang it up and yet again was completely oblivious. Hooray for incompetence!:bouncy:[/quote] It's not incompetence, it's indifference. I don't think a minimum wage employee gives a damn about selling a video game a week early.

I called my local K-Mart and talked to an older sounding woman in electronics. I asked if they had Mass Effect in, and she said huh...I don't think we get that in until the 20th.

I was like wtf...something isn't adding up there. An old lady that knows the exact date of release of a game within seconds of asking her in such a crappy store. I think i'll go there today since its by a few areas I like to shop at anyway. Watch it be sitting right there....

[quote name='Phatal FaZe']I called my local K-Mart and talked to an older sounding woman in electronics. I asked if they had Mass Effect in, and she said huh...I don't think we get that in until the 20th.

I was like wtf...something isn't adding up there. An old lady that knows the exact date of release of a game within seconds of asking her in such a crappy store. I think i'll go there today since its by a few areas I like to shop at anyway. Watch it be sitting right there....[/quote]

More than likely, they've had more than one call on it already ;)

Just wanted to chime in and say that if you loved KOTOR, you'll like Mass Effect. So far, their stories are almost parallel.

The guy I talked to at the K-Mart here - Charleston, WV - also said, "Nope, that comes out on the 20th."

I called Toys R Us and the guy was like, "uhhhh, let me look. No I can't find it ."

[quote name='gameboykid14']I just came back from Kmart on West Florissant in St. Louis, MO and they didn't have it, so I'm ordering off of newegg.[/quote]
The one in South St. Louis County dosn't have it either. Will try and call tomorrow.

[quote name='FoxMulder42883']The one in South St. Louis County dosn't have it either. Will try and call tomorrow.[/quote]

Don't call, go there if you're in the area. If it's anything like my experience, then the game is sitting in a tub of games underneath the shelving.

[quote name='DaBadGuy']Anybody who ordered with NewEgg have it ship yet?[/QUOTE]

I don't recommend ordering with NewEgg. I did during the Halo 3 fiasco and they drop shipped from another location that probably houses or supplies them their games. They also held the shipment so that it arrived on the actual release date.

However, if you refuse the item from UPS they will give you a full refund.

I called TRU asking about Mario Galaxy and Mass Effect and he said both would be in tomorrow. So it might be worth a shot to try and score a Mass Effect when you head out to pick up your Galaxy and Gift Card.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The weekend intern at consumerist.com responded to me so we'll see what happens. I'm also going to send my story to all 4 TV news stations in St. Louis (ABC doesn't have news here) and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.[/quote]

For fuck's sake, don't mention cheapassgamer.com

[quote name='velvet396']For fuck's sake, don't mention cheapassgamer.com[/quote]

Somehow I dont see him making any relevant news stations stories..

like we need more publicity.. I check the site every morning regardless.. but the site would get overflowed if the public news station did a story on him.. i mean damn..

I think the deals dead.. theres no way mass effect is left, wait 8 days.

It's not looking good for Newegg, I ordered another product almost at the same time and that other product is at Step 5 (shipped) and Mass Effect is still on Step 3. The items are shipping from different locations though so I'm gonna wait a little longer before cancelling.

[quote name='OGHowie']I don't recommend ordering with NewEgg. I did during the Halo 3 fiasco and they drop shipped from another location that probably houses or supplies them their games. They also held the shipment so that it arrived on the actual release date.

However, if you refuse the item from UPS they will give you a full refund.[/quote]

I contaced Newegg and they virtually repeated what Howie said. I actually don't mind waiting till the 20th as I saved eight or so dollars (tax) buying from New Egg; however, the customer service rep wasn't absolutely certain it would arrive on the 20th or 21s, she keep saying "it should arrive." Since the 23rd is Thanksgiving, I am more than a little worried it won't arrive until the following week.

Then again, I have five unopened RPGs to play right now, including Persona 3 and Soul Nomad, so it isn't like I don't have anything to keep me occupied.

Quick update: my local TOYSRUS, located in Heath, Ohio, said there is no set release date for Mass Effect in their system; she stated, "We will put it out when it arrives, which most likely will be by Friday." I would normally be skepitcal of such claims but since K-Mart has already blatantly broke the street date and the fact that TOYSRUS doesn't seem give a rat's behind about following release dates, I am betting she was telling the truth.

[quote name='wilsonr']I contaced Newegg and they virtually repeated what Howie said. I actually don't mind waiting till the 20th as I saved eight or so dollars (tax) buying from New Egg; however, the customer service rep wasn't absolutely certain it would arrive on the 20th or 21s, she keep saying "it should arrive." Since the 23rd is Thanksgiving, I am more than a little worried it won't arrive until the following week.
[/quote]

Interesting--the Newegg CSR I was in touch with informed me that it was packed and that it'd most likely ship today or tomorrow at latest.

[quote name='hondacrx']Interesting--the Newegg CSR I was in touch with informed me that it was packed and that it'd most likely ship today or tomorrow at latest.[/quote] Ok, I just called Newegg again, and the representative ASSURED me that they will not have UPS hold its shipment. I ordered my copy less than an hour ago and it was already sent from their warehouse- the rep stated that I would definitely receive it within 3 or so business days.

[quote name='velvet396']For fuck's sake, don't mention cheapassgamer.com[/quote]

OK more people come to the site, Cheapy gets more money from ads/traffic and maybe somebody goes through the links to buy something, the site is more recognized outside of the hardcore "I can argue NPD numbers for hours" gaming community ... What exactly is the problem here?

I'm a print journalism degree holder and I'm not expecting front page news or anything, but every newspaper/tv station has a consumer affairs reporter that reports on stores screwing over customers. Consumerist.com is probably the No. 1 internet blog about the same type of story.

I think people should now how they will be treated when they go into KMart. I have lived in St. Louis for over 4 years and Saturday was the first time I had ever walked into KMart, and it will probably be my last also.

I just talked to newegg customer service guy and he said they would not ship the game until the 20th. So I told him to cancel it. Sucks.

But hopefully Assassin's Creed will be good and I'll just order that. And I still have CoD 4 multiplayer.

The better ship. They already charged my CC and assured me there is n hold on shipping...

This is the transcript of my chat with a Newegg CSR. S/he assured me there is no hold on my shipment for Mass Effect. In any case if they don't ship on wednesday I will cancel since I already have a reserve for another store for Tuesday.

chatinfo.gif

Please wait while we connect you to a Newegg representative.

chatinfo.gif
Thank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Evy. How may I assist you today?
Ricardo: I've placed an order today that has 2 business day shipping
Ricardo: it is order 691xxxxx
Evy: Let me take a look into that...one moment please.
Evy: The order has been charged and scanned by the warehouse waiting to be shipped out. A confirmation e-mail will be sent momentarily with the tracking number provided.
Ricardo: perfect. I was reading on a website today that orders were being held at the warehouse
Ricardo: until the 20 of november
Ricardo: please confirm that there is no hold on the order
Evy: There is no hold on the order.
Ricardo: thank you very much... and have a good day

Called them again and this time they confirmed that they will ship in time to get it on the 20th - but not before.

I argued then> why would you have next day delivery available or expedited shipping if they will not deliver before the 20th. /// got no response just an apology.

My second argument > I told them they are getting a lot of bad press on multiple websites because of they holding the orders. They apologized but confirmed they are holding the game until release date .

I just gave up and since I already have a preorder somewhere else I just canceled... I am in a sad and cold place right now :cold:

[quote name='Shragen']The better ship. They already charged my CC and assured me there is n hold on shipping...

This is the transcript of my chat with a Newegg CSR. S/he assured me there is no hold on my shipment for Mass Effect. In any case if they don't ship on wednesday I will cancel since I already have a reserve for another store for Tuesday.

chatinfo.gif

Please wait while we connect you to a Newegg representative.
chatinfo.gif
Thank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Evy. How may I assist you today?
Ricardo: I've placed an order today that has 2 business day shipping
Ricardo: it is order 691xxxxx
Evy: Let me take a look into that...one moment please.
Evy: The order has been charged and scanned by the warehouse waiting to be shipped out. A confirmation e-mail will be sent momentarily with the tracking number provided.
Ricardo: perfect. I was reading on a website today that orders were being held at the warehouse
Ricardo: until the 20 of november
Ricardo: please confirm that there is no hold on the order
Evy: There is no hold on the order.
Ricardo: thank you very much... and have a good day[/quote]

[quote name='MSUHitman']OK more people come to the site, Cheapy gets more money from ads/traffic and maybe somebody goes through the links to buy something, the site is more recognized outside of the hardcore "I can argue NPD numbers for hours" gaming community ... What exactly is the problem here?

I'm a print journalism degree holder and I'm not expecting front page news or anything, but every newspaper/tv station has a consumer affairs reporter that reports on stores screwing over customers. Consumerist.com is probably the No. 1 internet blog about the same type of story.

I think people should now how they will be treated when they go into KMart. I have lived in St. Louis for over 4 years and Saturday was the first time I had ever walked into KMart, and it will probably be my last also.[/QUOTE]
Perhaps you forgot what happened when Speedy posted the PS3 "price drop" before the Circuit City ad hit the papers back in July? Sure Cheapy love site traffic, but I think he'd rather not have to deal with lawyers when retailers come after him.

It's perfectly fine to complain about your crappy customer service experience at K-mart. But please, don't drag in CAG and the entire community with you.

My conversation with a newegg rep:

Chat InformationPlease wait while we connect you to a Newegg representative.
Chat InformationThank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Lan. How may I assist you today?
thrustbuckdet: I'm just wondering when this will ship since it has been stuck on step 3 since Saturday
Lan: Let me take a look into that...one moment please.
Lan: Your order is in step 4 of 5 right now. Most likely 90% chance the order should ship out sometime today, but I can not make any promises. Once processed and shipped, you should be emailed an update the tracking#.
thrustbucket: Ok. Cool. I guess that's all I wanted to know then. Thank you for your help.

Goona give it one more day.

I agree with ProtoEXE88. I would pull it off the shelves too. Our computers won't even allow a game street dated to be sold. It's a good thing because any employee who sold a street dated game before this new computer system could get fired. Street dates are there for a reason, not to mention those stores breaking them could lose potential copies of other big name releases if they continue to do this. I heard that Microsoft is fed up with Toys R Us after having Bioshock and Halo 3 being sold before street date at some locations. For Halo 3, if we even opened the shipping boxes to look at the games before the release day, we would have been fired. It was nuts.

[quote name='Se7en69']Hialeah, Fl has a ton of copies. Some dude even called and got his reserved in front of me.[/QUOTE]

damn dude you from hialeah?? I'm a mango hill boy myself, small world :D :D

newegg wont ship... no one learned from halo?!? they dont care, and my bet is they wont cancel if they charged your card... they didnt refund me for halo 3... i will never do business with newegg again

[quote name='DrAlejandro']damn dude you from hialeah?? I'm a mango hill boy myself, small world :D :D[/quote]

Yeah, I am from Hialeah. Glad I finally found something useful and could help out other people! I found it funny how they had a ton of copies at noon, and by 4 p.m. per someones post, they had no more!

[quote name='jschissl']I just bough Mass Effect @ K-Mart with that 20% off coupon, 48$, Mantua New Jersey, Chea!!![/quote]

called them yesterday morning said they were out

bread's done
Back