May @Gamer Mag. Coupons ($130 worth)

Animekatt

CAGiversary!
This month is one of the better months with the coupons in the magazine.
Has a Rage character on the cover.

All Coupons are valid from 4/21 - 5/21
Magazines are $4.99

:360::ps3::wii: $20 off Top Spin 4

:ps3: $15 off Tomb Raider Trilogy

:wii: $10 off Conduit 2

:psp: $10 off The 3rd Birthday

:360::ps3: $20 off when you buy either platform of Mortal Kombat plus the 1st :br:Mortal Kombat movie

$30 off Turtlebeach DX 11

:3ds: $5 off All 6 Ubisoft 3DS Titles

:360: $20 off Xbox Live 12-month Gold Card

Does anyone know if the Mortal Kombat Movie has the Jade classic character costume is downloaded off the disc or is it a code that can be sold?

[quote name='Kitoro']So the MK coupon wouldn't stack with the $10 gift card, or would it?

Also, in the case that it does stack, I'd rather not spend $4.99 for one issue if I could subscribe for a year for $10 more. Can I subscribe in-store and keep that issue, or what would be the deal in such a case?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I bought my tournament edition + giftcard yesterday at the store. The manager there told me to come back today with my receipt and I could use the $20 off coupon now that it's valid.

[quote name='Vader582']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8391473&postcount=40

:)[/QUOTE]

Thank you Lord Vader. I tried PMing you, but your moon-sized starship is too full of prisoners and will accept no messages until you jettison a few. I suggest dropping a few Wookies--besides their poor attitudes, they tend take up a lot of space, and have some obvious hygiene issues.

As we are both in the same star system, snail mail would actually be pretty quick. PM me when you have some message room and I will send you my coordinates. I might suggest a cantina visit, but given as I am enslaved to raising the spawn of one the Witches of Dathomir, I am not often free to go on Walkabout It is likely snail mail would reach me first. Please notify me how you would like to be reimbursed.

[quote name='donssword']Thank you Lord Vader. I tried PMing you, but your moon-sized starship is too full of prisoners and will accept no messages until you jettison a few. I suggest dropping a few Wookies--besides their poor attitudes, they tend take up a lot of space, and have some obvious hygiene issues.

As we are both in the same star system, snail mail would actually be pretty quick. PM me when you have some message room and I will send you my coordinates. I might suggest a cantina visit, but given as I am enslaved to raising the spawn of one the Witches of Dathomir, I am not often free to go on Walkabout It is likely snail mail would reach me first. Please notify me how you would like to be reimbursed.[/QUOTE]
:lol:
Aye, sorry about that. Didn't realize my Imperial Mailbox was full. (You'd think the Empire could afford me a few my MBs.)
Snail mail works as I too am raising a young Sith Padawan and am unable to pull myself away from his training in the Dark Side. I've deleted a some PMs so send the coordinates when ready. But if you desire a Walkabout that can be arranged too. I hit at least 2 Targets every Monday. We could meet at a Target, depending on logistics.
I did realize this morning that I don't have this issue of @Gamer yet or its just been misplaced. I'll ask my Master tonight if she as seen said magazine.

My Bestbuys didn't have the new Magazine yet, kinda pissed cause I want to buy MK. Does the coupon work for the Kollector's Edition as well?

Hmmm...I wouldn't mind a 3rd birthday or Tomb Raider coupon. Pretty decent set of them this month.

If anyone has any they don't want, feel free to send them my way :)

I just got these. Put me in the "these are the worst yet" camp. Just ugh. And I like the talk of sending them to other CAGs. Problem is this is CHEAP ass gamer, we're all here because we're all cheap. So, while I like the concept of other members using my coupons to save money - sorry muchachos but I am just too cheap to waste a stamp and envelope on strangers!

:360::ps3: $20 off when you buy either platform of Mortal Kombat plus the 1st :br:Mortal Kombat movie

To me all this does is get you a free movie. You're getting a $20 off coupon but need to spend an additional 14.99-19.99 to get the coupon to work.

Unless you planned on getting the movie anyway than cheers, other wise no real savings here.

[quote name='caltab']As I said a few posts before yours, the coupons only work if the game is msrp. I don't have any coupons right now, but I'm pretty sure they say they cannot be combined with special offers. I think that a gc would qualify as a special offer and will not stack. You can always try to get them to do an overide, but that's ymmv.

As to your question about the mag, I don't think you can get a subscription in store.[/QUOTE]

Actually you can. Go to the Preorder Kiosk, search for @Gamer, and print out the subscription slip. Take it to the cashier, and voila! You have your subscription.

[quote name='crax']So, while I like the concept of other members using my coupons to save money - sorry muchachos but I am just too cheap to waste a stamp and envelope on strangers![/QUOTE]
noboby says you can't sell them either, 8 coupons $2 each =$16 depending on how much you paid for your sub. this would be pure profit + helps make up for months when the coupons are "worthless" to you...one person's trash another CAG's $40 game now $25.

[quote name='Mooplaid']Actually you can. Go to the Preorder Kiosk, search for @Gamer, and print out the subscription slip. Take it to the cashier, and voila! You have your subscription.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info bud!!

Do you think they give you the first issue right there?

I would love to get the subs. at the store and use my 10% off coupon. Rip out the $20 XBL coupon and go find a $50 gold card and burn a $20 RZ that is about to expire on it.

[quote name='DIMONDA85']:360::ps3: $20 off when you buy either platform of Mortal Kombat plus the 1st :br:Mortal Kombat movie

To me all this does is get you a free movie. You're getting a $20 off coupon but need to spend an additional 14.99-19.99 to get the coupon to work.

Unless you planned on getting the movie anyway than cheers, other wise no real savings here.[/QUOTE]

Most people want the movie for the Jade costume inside the movie.

They won't let you use the Reward Zone point gift cards alongside these either. At least the BestBuy near me won't and corporate customer service agreed with the store when I contacted them...

I think I'm just going to let my sub to @Gamer run out.

Much sadness. I went to the best buy near my house but they didn't have the May issue on sale. So no $30 off the X11's already on sale =( Unless someone would be willing to part with that coupon and Best Buy takes "printouts" lol.

these are the worst. What store doesn't let you use coupons you paid for with their own rewards program or their own weekly sales??

I ended up ordering the Kollector's Edition online because my store ran out. Does anyone know if I can take the online order to the store and do a return rebuy with the movie and use the coupon when it comes out for $20 off?

[quote name='DIMONDA85']:360::ps3: $20 off when you buy either platform of Mortal Kombat plus the 1st :br:Mortal Kombat movie

Unless you planned on getting the movie anyway than cheers, other wise no real savings here.[/QUOTE]

It does more than get you a free movie. The Blue ray MK costs you 16.99 and comes with a Jade DLC costume that can be sold on ebay for $15-20. I sold mine for $19.99. So basically your getting MK for $40 + tax and a free DVD.

If Tomb Raider wrere $15 after coupon I'd bite...as it is, I'm sure it will drop quickly as those games individually are DIRT cheap. Plus by the time I got around to actually playing it...

[quote name='cametall']They won't let you use the Reward Zone point gift cards alongside these either. At least the BestBuy near me won't and corporate customer service agreed with the store when I contacted them...

I think I'm just going to let my sub to @Gamer run out.[/QUOTE]

what? You mean RZ certs?

aznhero930
it's the last coupon on the bottom right side

Has anyone tried using the MK coupon on the Kollector's Edition and were you successful? I plan on trying it tomorrow with my online copy I ordered.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Has anyone tried using the MK coupon on the Kollector's Edition and were you successful? I plan on trying it tomorrow with my online copy I ordered.[/QUOTE]

My friend just used the $20 off coupon on :ps3: MK Kollector's + Blu, and since the Blu was only $16.99, it actually took $3 extra dollars off MK.

Has anyone ever tried to price match an item that used one of these coupons? If MK stays at $60 when using the coupon this week, wouldn't that allow the use of the coupon and price match it to TRU's sale price next week since the price is still at original MSRP?

It's a real shame these coupons became useless once they required the item to be MSRP.

[quote name='Enuf']what? You mean RZ certs?

aznhero930
it's the last coupon on the bottom right side[/QUOTE]

can someone please put a scan of it?

I went through every page but I couldn't find it anywhere.
It's in the Mag w/ sub-zero on the cover right??

[quote name='aznhero913']can someone please put a scan of it?

I went through every page but I couldn't find it anywhere.
It's in the Mag w/ sub-zero on the cover right??[/QUOTE]

The cover story is for Rage.

[quote name='iPhone']Has anyone ever tried to price match an item that used one of these coupons? If MK stays at $60 when using the coupon this week, wouldn't that allow the use of the coupon and price match it to TRU's sale price next week since the price is still at original MSRP?

It's a real shame these coupons became useless once they required the item to be MSRP.[/QUOTE]

You must always do a price match AFTER any BB promo coupon or otherwise. They will generally deny any "combos" of discounts per "double dipping".

[quote name='Enuf']You must always do a price match AFTER any BB promo coupon or otherwise. They will generally deny any "combos" of discounts per "double dipping".[/QUOTE]

I tried price matching afterwards but they said they didn't price match competitor coupons.

[quote name='iPhone']The cover story is for Rage.[/QUOTE]

awww crap!!!

my store only has the one w/ sub-zero on the cover.

is the Rage cover last month or the one for may?

[quote name='aznhero913']awww crap!!!

my store only has the one w/ sub-zero on the cover.

is the Rage cover last month or the one for may?[/QUOTE]

Subzero cover is the old one the rage cover has the current coupons in it. When was the last time you were in BB? These were late in store but I started to see them at the end of last week.

[quote name='Enuf']Subzero cover is the old one the rage cover has the current coupons in it. When was the last time you were in BB? These were late in store but I started to see them at the end of last week.[/QUOTE]

i was there on monday

[quote name='Enuf']You must always do a price match AFTER any BB promo coupon or otherwise. They will generally deny any "combos" of discounts per "double dipping".[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna try this next week with TRU but i dont think it will work still. My receipt still displays the "Solutions Plus" offer on it so right away they can see I already got a deal on it.

On a separate note, I have to say the magazine itself has gotten better. It still has plenty of "marketing" articles, but it's not nearly as annoying as the launch issue was. I actually think the magazine itself is worth the $10 subscription I paid for it.

I also can't see myself ever using any of these coupons since the games are always cheaper somewhere else. Hell MK JUST came out and you can get it for $40 already. Best Buy continues to slip in the videogame field as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might actually pick this issue up...$20 off of a 12-month Gold card sounds good to me, and I could see if my store would let me do price match/exchange of The 3rd Birthday and use the $10 coupon...

Is the $20 off coupon in the Gamer mag for MK applicable to the Tournament Edition? If I brought in a coupon and my recept that has MK9 Tournament Edition and the Mortal Kombat Blue ray movie purchased on the 21st, will they give me a $20 BB giftcard?

Note that the DVD cost me 16.99 and the TE cost 149.99 and I got a $10 BestBuy gift card for the purchase of the TE.

[quote name='wargod']Is the $20 off coupon in the Gamer mag for MK applicable to the Tournament Edition? If I brought in a coupon and my recept that has MK9 Tournament Edition and the Mortal Kombat Blue ray movie purchased on the 21st, will they give me a $20 BB giftcard?

Note that the DVD cost me 16.99 and the TE cost 149.99 and I got a $10 BestBuy gift card for the purchase of the TE.[/QUOTE]

They should, I did it with my Kollector's Edition & the DVD but I brought them with me and they were unopened.

bread's done
Back