McDonalds MS Pts Promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never got a response email, and I am using Gmail, anyone else have this problem?

Is there a way to text via the internet and be able to get a response, like Skype?

[quote name='mrcheapo11']I never got a response email, and I am using Gmail, anyone else have this problem?[/quote]

I'm also using Gmail and I never received a response either.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']I never got a response email, and I am using Gmail, anyone else have this problem?

Is there a way to text via the internet and be able to get a response, like Skype?[/quote]

I used Gmail and I got an email stating I am entered in the contest.

Hmm..that's odd.
Had any of you entered previously by either email or cell? Did y'all double-check your junk/spam/trash bin?

I received confirmation of my entry less than a minute after I sent my info.
If it helps any, my confirmation originated from [email protected] and has the subject was McDonald's "Win Microsoft Points" Sweepstakes.

[quote name='NoDAK']Hmm..that's odd.
Had any of you entered previously by either email or cell? Did y'all double-check your junk/spam/trash bin?

I received confirmation of my entry less than a minute after I sent my info.
If it helps any, my confirmation originated from [email protected] and has the subject was McDonald's "Win Microsoft Points" Sweepstakes.[/quote]

double checked and everything still nothing.

im using gmail and i didnt get a response back either. checked both folders and nothing. was i supposed to put someting in the subject section?

Awesome thanks! I entered via email, since I can just forward the email again tomorrow plus I don't want them having my mobile number.

[quote name='nnthomas']I havent even won yet.[/QUOTE]
How many times did you try to enter?

If you tried more than once, and you didn't receive the 'Thanks for submitting...' message for all of your submissions, then my guess is that your chances of winning are quite slim. :whistle2:#

As I posted way earlier in this thread, these guys have done a mighty good job at detecting multiple e-mail submissions from the same computer... Sure, you may be able to sneak in one or two extra, but I doubt any one person is walking away from this one with hundreds of codes... :roll:

[quote name='A Gamer']How many times did you try to enter?

If you tried more than once, and you didn't receive the 'Thanks for submitting...' message for all of your submissions, then my guess is that your chances of winning are quite slim. :whistle2:#

As I posted way earlier in this thread, these guys have done a mighty good job at detecting multiple e-mail submissions from the same computer... Sure, you may be able to sneak in one or two extra, but I doubt any one person is walking away from this one with hundreds of codes... :roll:[/QUOTE]

Just once

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I entered on 6 demo phones at work. If I win more than once ill give the extra away on here some how through a contest or something.[/quote]

Yay! I love contests. I hope you win more than one so that I'll have an oppurtunity to win more than one. :D

thanks OP. entered today (sort of late i guess)

but at least theres still one week left in the contest!

good luck everybody! :D

On a related note, I got an email from them 'bout 7 minutes ago. So, I thinking, "ooohh, I finally won!" \\:D/

Nope, the message reads, "You have already entered McDonald's Xbox Live sweeps. You will be notified via email if you won. Winners will be chosen through 05/05/09." :whistle2:?

Weird...I've only entered once via email. Heck, I haven't even entered a second time via text message, although I've been very tempted.

When do we find out if we won? I'm hearing how some people on here found out right away....

I'm guessing they won't text me a "Sorry, loser! You lost!!!! OH YEAH!!!" But I need to know... damn the waiting!!! X-0

[quote name='NoDAK']On a related note, I got an email from them 'bout 7 minutes ago. So, I thinking, "ooohh, I finally won!" \\:D/

Nope, the message reads, "You have already entered McDonald's Xbox Live sweeps. You will be notified via email if you won. Winners will be chosen through 05/05/09." :whistle2:?

Weird...I've only entered once via email. Heck, I haven't even entered a second time via text message, although I've been very tempted.[/QUOTE]
Indeed... Something weird is going on...

I registered a few times with various accounts/computers (school, work, neighbor's open wifi, etc) on the 25th... I ended up registering with ONE gmail.com account that day, but never got the 'welcome' message, so I figured they were onto me...

Today (the 30th) I get the 'welcome' message on that gmail account, along with 18 'you have already entered' messages?!?! Uh? Wha?

So, I hopped onto gmail.com and checked my Sent Mail, and there is only ONE message to McDonalds?!?!?!?

Granted, that entry was submitted via a public/open wifi location... So... Nah...
[quote name='iceblast21']When do we find out if we won? I'm hearing how some people on here found out right away....

I'm guessing they won't text me a "Sorry, loser! You lost!!!! OH YEAH!!!" But I need to know... damn the waiting!!! X-0[/QUOTE]
They pick one winner every 20 minutes from ALL of the entries... You will get notified instantly if you are that lucky winner...

I believe you are referring to the 'welcome/already-entered' message that people are getting shortly after they enter. This message is not the 'winner' message, just an acknowledgment of their submission. But, those seem to have been a bit unreliable lately.

I just got 2 more 'you have already entered' messages on my gmail.com account (that makes 20 for my ONE submission?)...

And, I got one winning message to a different account? Thanks! :applause:

Note that the 'welcome', 'already entered' and 'winning' messages all say 'McDonald's "Win Microsoft Points" Sweepstakes' in the subject... I sure am glad I actually opened/read that last message... Cause it looked just like those other 20 'spam' messages I got today... :roll:

i got the thanks for entering email and then the you already entered email but i only sent one email so i guess its doing it to a lot of people.

Anyone actually get a win confirmation by entering through email?

Also, after a 20 minute period does that mean you can enter again or that's it for the duration of the contest?

Last edited by a moderator:
just got my my email. Infshine the send an email telling you entered if you did it right.(Thank you for entering the McDonald's "Win Microsoft Points" Sweepstakes for your chance to win 400 Microsoft Points.

Winners will be chosen every 21-22 minutes from April 6, 2009 to May 6, 2009. Only one entry per person. All entries will have an equal opportunity to win throughout the Sweepstakes.

For more information, please see FAQ on Xbox LIVE Marketplace here:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/FAQ.htm

For more information on Microsoft Points, please view the following link: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/microsoftpoints.htm

Microsoft and McDonalds use the personal information you have provided to administer the sweepstakes. We will not share the information you provide with third parties without your permission except where necessary to complete the services or transactions you have requested, or as required by law.

If you have questions about our use of your information, please contact us by sending email [email protected])

now what to waste it on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird question, would this count as a premium SMS?
I was messing with my phone and noticed I had them blocked, and it would suck if I won but didn't receive the txt because of it. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Anyone actually get a win confirmation by entering through email?[/QUOTE]
Yep... I got one... It has the exact same subject/sender as the confirmation e-mail you get when you register...
Subject: McDonald's "Win Microsoft Points" Sweepstakes

On behalf of McDonald's, Congratulations! You won 400 Microsoft Points! To redeem, enter the code below either through the Marketplace tab on your Xbox 360 or at https://live.xbox.com/en-US/accounts/RedeemToken.aspx

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Microsoft Points awarded in this Sweepstakes will expire from a user's account at 11:59pm PT on June 30, 2009. Any portion of the awarded Microsoft Points not used by this expiration date will be removed from the user's account. Content purchased will not expire.

For more information, please see FAQ on Xbox LIVE Marketplace here:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/FAQ.htm
For more information on Microsoft Points, please view the following link: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/microsoftpoints.htm

Microsoft and McDonalds use the personal information you have provided to administer the sweepstakes. We will not share the information you provide with third parties without your permission except where necessary to complete the services or transactions you have requested, or as required by law.

If you have questions about our use of your information, please contact us by sending email [email protected].
[quote name='Inf^Shini']Also, after a 20 minute period does that mean you can enter again or that's it for the duration of the contest?[/QUOTE]
You just register once. Approximately every 20 minutes they pick from ALL of the submissions that haven't won yet.

I see, thanks. How long did it take til' you received a win confirmation?

Kinda sucks that the points have an expiration date, but I guess I can't really complain since it's free :p

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I see, thanks. How long did it take til' you received a win confirmation?[/QUOTE]
Registered on the 24th, won on the 29th...

I believe the win notification is instant... Every 20 minutes one lucky person gets a code, either via txt of via email...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back