Medal Of Honor - Gen. Discussion & Info - October 12, 2010 - Beta: 6/21/10

wow there is NO delay on mortars in that youtube video. from when the binoculars go up to when the rockets rain down is about 3 freaking seconds.

It doesn't matter right now if you preorder it through GS or not, you also have to have used the VIP code in Battlefield BC2. If you haven't and you still get a code through GS, it won't work.

I don't think I can properly convey exactly how disappointed I am in this. I was looking forward to this, but it's literally just a reskinned Battlefield BC2. It feels like I've already played this before. I'm glad they released this beta, I now have very little interest in this game.

For anyone who doesn't feel like dealing with the pre-order business. Easy way for a free code (found this on the PS3 MoH board on GameFaqs):

1. Go to http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/command-conquer-4-open/
2. Sign In/Register for code
3. Go to http://www.medalofhonor.com/beta
4. Input code and choose platform you want to play the beta on

Some people have said it doesn't work in Internet Explorer. I only use Firefox, so I can't verify that, but I'm downloading the beta on PS3 as we speak.

Edit: Well looks like there's already been a topic up in the deals forum. Oops :oops:

[quote name='Fjordson']For anyone who doesn't feel like dealing with the pre-order business. Easy way for a free code (found this on the PS3 MoH board on GameFaqs):

1. Go to http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/command-conquer-4-open/
2. Sign In/Register for code
3. Go to http://www.medalofhonor.com/beta
4. Input code and choose platform you want to play the beta on

Some people have said it doesn't work in Internet Explorer. I only use Firefox, so I can't verify that, but I'm downloading the beta on PS3 as we speak.

Edit: Well looks like there's already been a topic up in the deals forum. Oops :oops:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. Downloading now.

Managed to get a PS3 code, but due to not being a VIP member (thanks for the "new" BC2 Gamestop) I'm out of luck for now.

What's worse is my PS3 just stopped reading discs so I've got jack to play otherwise :drool:

My 2 cents - this turd needs severe polishing in MP. Wow...horrible lag...that or someone was brilliant enough to introduce a 2 second delay before I die where I cannot do anything.

Every death was like this:
moving, aiming, running, trying to shoot, me doing something, 2 second pause, then watch myself lying on my back. Seriously, WTF is up with that? This would actually make me think of playing WoW if it was my only other alternative.

Did I mention chat wasn't working either? It was awesome!

My game keeps freezings after about 5 minutes. Seems to happen at certain moments (like right as the +10 thing shows up for a kill). I know it's only a beta but I cam barely play at the moment.

Yeah I am having the same issues of freezing and other nonsense. They really need to fix when you die. It shows you shooting a guy and bam you see your body falling down. Needs to have a kill cam or at least show you who killed you. Second the graphics need a hell of alot of polish on them. Textures look like crap and it hard to distinguish friend and foe. Plus the way you level up is so freaking weird needs to have a way to keep track of that or I have yet to find out where you keep track of leveling..... Its fun and the controls are the same as mw2 instead of the bc2 controls which is goo, but it leaves much to be desired

Also, it seems like some text (like my ammo count) is mostly off the edge of my TV screen. Which is weird because my settings are fine, all the XMB screens are centered.

Yeah, text is off on my screen, too. It's weird that it pauses when you die as well.

I had so much hope for this reboot :(

From the EA forums: DICE

We are aware of the numerous freezing issues with the beta software on PS3 and are investigating it. If you know of a freeze that is 100% reproducable please post about it here. What that means is, please don't report random freezes or jusrt rant that the game is broken. Only those where you know exactly how to get it to freeze are helpful right now. Then we can track them down and fix them. The random freezes are much harder for us to find and requires a different approach.

The bug where it freezes for a second when you die we are aware of and have actually fixed on the main branch and that will find it's way into the beta soon.

PC crashes is another kettle of fish. I'll get to that. But we're looking in to those as well.

As always, keep in mind this is beta software and far from finished. Please try to keep this thread clean and informative so we have a shot at fixing the problems. Thanks for your co-operation and patience.

/the DICE team

Source

[quote name='chickenbutt']Am I the only one that wants to kill myself after playing the Beta?[/QUOTE]

Yep....the rest of us want to punch the Night Elf Mohawk. While it is beta, the one thing running through my hung-over head is where did the trailer / teaser videos come from? Certainly wasn't this POS as released at the moment.

[quote name='jmbreci']Yep....the rest of us want to punch the Night Elf Mohawk. While it is beta, the one thing running through my hung-over head is where did the trailer / teaser videos come from? Certainly wasn't this POS as released at the moment.[/QUOTE]

The trailer vids probably came from SP, which is being made by an EA studio and is based off the Unreal engine. The multiplayer is made by DICE (running the Frostbite engine), who did BC2, which is totally obvious as it's practically the exact same experience.

[quote name='jmbreci']Yep....the rest of us want to punch the Night Elf Mohawk. While it is beta, the one thing running through my hung-over head is where did the trailer / teaser videos come from? Certainly wasn't this POS as released at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. And even though this is only a beta, it's not like they have a ton of time. October ain't that far off. I keep thinking back to the Halo: Reach beta. That ships in September and it was so much more polished than this with even more stuff to handle (3 maps, more weapons and gametypes, etc.)

[quote name='SEH']The trailer vids probably came from SP, which is being made by an EA studio and is based off the Unreal engine. The multiplayer is made by DICE (running the Frostbite engine), who did BC2, which is totally obvious as it's practically the exact same experience.[/QUOTE]

Let me elaborate further, this is worse than any BC2 experience I ever had. Not sure why they didn't start there and go forward. There were ~600 people online and it ran like crap - and I'm not even going into the freezing issues.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']game keeps on freezing my PS3 " COMPLETELY FREEZING " . ughhh this is kinda annoying it has done it about 4 times[/QUOTE]

To help with the freezing never hit select and while you are on the terrorist side never get the 40/40 killstreak as it will immediately freeze.

Every match I've been in (just 2 so far), my PS3 freezes up halfway through. How the hell can anyone enjoy this when it freezes so frequently? I know that it's just a beta, but come on, at least make it playable!

My few impressions.
You do NOT need to be any part of the Bad Co. anything to get in on this beta from Gamestop. I had no trouble at all and I don't own BF for the PS3.
This multiplayer is (as others have said) a clone of BF.
I'll be skipping on this game as I prefer CoD.
I only played 2 games. The first one locked up my system after maybe 3 minutes. The second one I played al the way to the end.

I read about all these problems with the select button and terrorist side with 40 points. That's reallllly bad. I'm good with my bfbc2, if they keep supporting it, why move on to MoH?

Just played one match and didn't hate it. It did freeze though and that's it for tonight. I really don't like how you run in BF games.

I was going to wait and pick this up as I just recently got a PS3, but after playing the mp demo, which did not that different from BBC2 or MW2 I think I'm gonna pick up BBC2 in the near future. I also have run into the freezing issue all too often. I may jump back into the beta after a month to see if there are any improvements.

[quote name='carbontiger']I still get an error when trying to redeem my code. PSN says its invalid. Maybe Sony is saving me from this POS, as some ppl claim.[/QUOTE]

I went to live support for this
support.ea.com

And they issued me a new code.
----
My reactions on this game is a bit stale and what others says.. "souless"
The freezes threatens you when you play terrorist (so I commit suicide if I'm on a KS because I don't want my PS3 to freeze up).

The guns are outbalanced.. AK can kill you across the map while regular sniper is inaccurate as heck..

The controls feels like Battlefield, and in the beta, the controls/ screen adjustments doesn't save.

This game feels like an Alpha version to be honest, but we'll see..
It's still in beta..

I played a match. I don't hate it as much as others. It did freeze on me and I hate the one second pause or whatever when you get killed. It definitely feels like a much earlier built, like an Alpha. Hopefully it comes together but I'll probably just cancel my preorder as well. I don't care too much for the fps genre so it's not big lost to me.

Alright, got my taste of the MoH beta. Not playing it again. I'm not buying this for my console(s). I loved the series, and this is a pointless game to buy IMO. It's not because I am hating on it, I already have this game. BFBC2 is not much different AND I have mw2. I'm satisfied with these games as separate entities, not combining them both.

If single player's worth gettin' the game, I'll get it much later for my pc.

[quote name='LordKefka06']http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/962769.page

Never check the scoreboard, and only get your killstreak kill with a sidearm or a knife kill.[/QUOTE]

So to make the insurgents have a harder time i need to knife to get further killstreaks lol Dice really needs to patch this thing I they want me to consider still preordering this. But hey I am already level 7 or something of the sort......

From what I have been able to play so far, I've liked it. Not too hard to get going in. the gameplay doesn't really stand out but thats alright.

I understand that this is a beta but this freezing is terrible. I played 5 matches and 4 out of 5 froze on me. Hopefully it does get addressed soon because I like what I've seen.

Since alot of games are coming out this year and I don't like buying new games and hardly ever touching them, I've decided that this year I'm only getting 1 army FPS. The 3 choices are Medal of Honor, Socom 4, and Call of Duty: Black Ops. Hopefully there will be demos for all of these but we'll see.

This (multiplayer) game is garbage.

Imagine Battlefield without any of the fun of vehicle mayhem. I'm not generally a fan of arcade-style military shooters (I prefer realism in that sector), but this game is just beyond the realm of fun. It plays a bit like an unbalanced Counter-Strike. 40mm grenades arm as soon as they leave the breach; explosions have little-to-no splash damage; hitboxes are not synced with the model animations; you cannot prone crawl, and there is no reason to do anything besides sprint; there are no rate-of-fire selectors and your weapon accuracy while stationary is the same as when you're running.

Oh, and it freezes your PS3 every ten minutes.

I'm no Modern Warfare fan, but that game is years beyond this. Not sure if I should cancel my pre-order, or not. I'm still mildly optimistic for single player.

For once, I wish we could get a military game that respects the subject matter.

Played a couple rounds this morning. This game is trash, along with damn near all the other FPS on the market. Anticulture give Socom a shot, its as realistic as you can get while still playing a video game.

I like the game. I only played a little bit of the BF:BC2 demo but I didn't like it more than BF1943 and definitely not more than MW2. I'll give it a second chance soon enough but other than the freezing problem I would be playing a lot more of it. Did BF:BC2 do killstreaks like MoH does? I like that it's based on points.

It just got patched to 1.01. I played for 30-60 minutes and it never froze once. Let's hope they saved my settings the next time I open it.

Hmmm, played about an hour before it randomly froze.

The hit-boxes are absolutely horrible. You can not hit somebody while strafing, even while leading/trailing them.

No VOIP either.

bread's done
Back