Metal Gear HD Collection (PS3 and 360) $29.99 @ Best Buy / Bestbuy.com

thanks for heads up about the coupons (lack there of). still want this but since msrp is already $40 maybe i can snag it for $20 if i wait a while more.

but if the peace walker (ps3) community is still active right now, i'll buy it to play through with others rather than solo-ing.

anyone know if peace walker ps3 is dead or alive online?

Amazon doesn't price match... We've been through this time and time again. That's why Rayman Origins is still $30 on Amazon.

[quote name='PublikDefender']thanks for heads up about the coupons (lack there of). still want this but since msrp is already $40 maybe i can snag it for $20 if i wait a while more.

but if the peace walker (ps3) community is still active, i'd be cool to play through with others rather than solo-ing as usual.

anyone know if peace walker ps3 is dead or alive online?[/QUOTE]

Its still alive and well. I don't have much trouble finding people to play with. Id say it takes a minute or 2 to get a room/mission started.

On a somewhat unrelated note if anyone wants to play on the ps3 with me message me. Working on getting platinum on it.

having played through all 3 games just recently, i can say this is def. one of the better hd remasters. all the games hold up extremely well. peace walker especially benefits from the remastering ( great graphics, surround sound and a SECOND STICK). though i have to say, for those who havent played mgs1, youre gonna be really really confused during mgs2. mgs3 is the first game canonically and PW is a direct sequel to it so i recommend newcomers start with 3, then PW then 2 if youre brave enough. /mgs fanboy rant over

Hmm, tempting. I was waiting for $20 price point but I do have gift cards to burn at BB. Then again, my backlog I'm working thru from all the holiday deals will keep me busy for quite a while...

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Is this worth it if I already have the Essential Collection on PS2?[/QUOTE]

I second this question. I have the PS2 games and the PSP games but I have not played them yet. So I wondered if it is worth getting in HD?

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Is this worth it if I already have the Essential Collection on PS2?[/QUOTE]

Do you like Trophies/Achievements?
Do you already have Peace Walker?

Otherwise it's the same games in HD, nothing more, nothing less.

[quote name='rpnguyen']Do you like Trophies/Achievements?
Do you already have Peace Walker?

Otherwise it's the same games in HD, nothing more, nothing less.[/QUOTE]

Plus, dual analog stick control for PW, which for me is a plus.

I sold my PS2/PSP copies and it paid for this version in full.

These are totally worth full price IMO. I've already played through 2 & 3, haven't started peace walker. If anyone is looking to co-op through peace walker on 360, just add/message KtMack23

I had purchased this for $35 in December and returned it due to buyers remorse because I paid more than I pay for any game.

$30 is better, but $20 is my price point.

Super, thanks! I've been waiting for Amazon to drop it to $30, but since they are being stubborn, I'll go with BB. I appreciate the post since I never check BB for prices.

[quote name='espy605']Plus, dual analog stick control for PW, which for me is a plus.

I sold my PS2/PSP copies and it paid for this version in full.[/QUOTE]

This is the reason why I don't play games on the PSP often. I picked up Peace Walker some time ago but I'm tempted to pull the trigger just to play it with a PS3 controller.

I jumped on this deal this morning before going to work. I had a $5 gift card so that made it even better. I've played through the games on the PS2 and really enjoyed them so the trophies and peacewalker (which I've not played) makes it well worth buying this hd pack to me.

[quote name='thegame956']gamestop still has the LE for $59 which would u all recommend???[/QUOTE]

That depends on whether or not you want to spend an extra $30 on an art book.

I was hoping for $20, but picking it up for $25 at Lockerz over a month ago wasn't bad.

I already have these on the original systems, but for $30 is really tempting. Especially i have a gift card to burn, but i will wait a little longer when it gets to $20.

[quote name='thegame956']gamestop still has the LE for $59 which would u all recommend???[/QUOTE]
if you can get the le then get the le!!!!!!

i tried getting it as soon as the price drop some time ago but there were none in stock anywhere near me.

[quote name='PublikDefender']if you can get the le then get the le!!!!!!

i tried getting it as soon as the price drop some time ago but there were none in stock anywhere near me.[/QUOTE]

I have the art book and box, all that jazz I'll sell if anyone wants it. 360 version.

I bought this HD collection a while ago, and I barely played it. I started Playing Skyrim/Forza 4 again so I haven't had much time to play it, lol. I'll eventually get around to it, lol. Maybe not for a while since I'll have GT5XL and the Jak and Daxter HD Collection coming in.

[quote name='jedimario']I second this question. I have the PS2 games and the PSP games but I have not played them yet. So I wondered if it is worth getting in HD?[/QUOTE]

I would say yes. I played MGS3 on my HDTV when my PS3 broke and it looked pretty ugly. The HD version looks fantastic; better than I thought it would.

[quote name='Squall835']I would say yes. I played MGS3 on my HDTV when my PS3 broke and it looked pretty ugly. The HD version looks fantastic; better than I thought it would.[/QUOTE]
yea it looks awesome :)

Just get it imo

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']argh...I think I can wait till it hits $20[/QUOTE]

Same. Looking for sub $20 on this. But good to see it's making strides!

No question it is worth the money. I beat MGS 3 again and I'm on Metal Gear Peace Walker. For a PSP game it's very deep in story line and you'll be surprised how long it is. Should keep you entertained.

I'm playing MGS3 right now and the HD remastering looks great. The cutscenes are always too long but I'm enjoying the game still. I recommend it for anybody that actually doesnt have a backlog at the moment. I picked up this game to hold me over until ME3 comes out.

[quote name='Donut2922']I'm playing MGS3 right now and the HD remastering looks great. The cutscenes are always too long but I'm enjoying the game still. I recommend it for anybody that actually doesnt have a backlog at the moment. I picked up this game to hold me over until ME3 comes out.[/QUOTE]If you ask me, MGS3 cutscenes are a little too short. MGS4 found a nice length.

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']If you ask me, MGS3 cutscenes are a little too short. MGS4 found a nice length.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I was addressing that to the wrong title. I thought MGS3 was a perfect length. MGS4 was too long for my taste. But thats just me nitpicking. Im a MGS fanboy and MGS4 is on my top 5 list of all time PS3 games.

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']If you ask me, MGS3 cutscenes are a little too short. MGS4 found a nice length.[/QUOTE]

That has to be a joke! Too funny!

War and Peace is this long ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

One MGS4 cutscene ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ SNAKE!!!!!!!!!

If this had gone down to this price a month ago, I would've bit in a second. Now I'm looking to score on some upcoming titles and the priorities are very low in this...

[quote name='Slixshot']I've never played a game in this series... is it worth diving into with this collection?[/QUOTE]

The only game in the series I've played from beginning to end was MGS4, and it was such a satisfying conclusion. In my opinion, great series and this collection represents its stronger titles.

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']Amazon matched BB.[/QUOTE]

Just 360 version though looks like.

edit: Nevermind, looks like you just have to click on the vendors to see the $29.99 price.

2nd edit: PS3 OOS

bread's done
Back