Metal Gear Solid 4 - $39.99 @ Amazon (FSSS Eligible)

[quote name='VWarrior']Sorry if this is a repost, didn't see it anywhere.

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-So...0?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1235801921&sr=8-10[/quote]

Not a bad deal, but it's already been announced that MGS4 will become a Greatest Hits in the UK. Because of this, you'd have to assume it'll also become a Greatest Hits title in the US ($29.99). That's what I've been holding out for, and that's when I'll "finally" buy it.

I know how great it is, but my game backlog is so bad that I was willing to wait for the price drop.

Damn that's tempting. I dunno if I wanna just buy it now, or wait until the inevitable Substance/Subsistence-type release.

[quote name='hayamakun']worth only 20$ max? really?[/quote]

I played the demo and did not see anything out of this world. So let me know when its $20 ;)

[quote name='hayamakun']worth only 20$ max? really?[/quote]

I am a huge fan of MGS 1 and 3, and I can say MGS4 had a few cool moments...but overall I was extremely disappointed. Especially because I waited at a midnight launch just so I could have the special PS3 box.

[quote name='hayamakun']worth only 20$ max? really?[/QUOTE]

No its worth more. Some guys I swear, too quick to put down the games they dont play. Its a sad turn of events sometimes

hmmm

i traded my copy in right after i beat it at release and kind of want to re-buy it for my collection... i might wait til it drops to 30 though.

[quote name='dealighted']No its worth more. Some guys I swear, too quick to put down the games they dont play. Its a sad turn of events sometimes
transparent_pixel.gif

[/quote]

LOL!!! Its like anything... you buy it.. you play it... you get bored. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The worst I can say about it is I like the radar better in 1 and 2, but this is still infinitely more playable than 3.

The multiple difficulty levels means I think anyone can play and enjoy it, even as basically an action game. I think there was a LOT more depth there that I never really got into. There's a crazy attention to detail all over the place.

Story doesn't completely work for me-none of them have since the first one-but it's still entertaining. And of course the production values/graphics are absurdly good.

I kept it, which is more than I can say for most games... :D

what's the replay value at? im guessing MGO is shit. i think i can wait till this drops even lower. for such a big named series they sure drop in price substantially.

It MGS 1, 2, and 3 have taught us anything, it's "wait until they release a director's cut version for $30" with new content added in.

If you have Meijer in your area check there first, they have had MGS4 for $29.99 for a couple months now.

Yeah, I mean I think at worst there's INSANE production values and something there for almost anyone who likes interactive entertainment. I think I'm somewhere in the middle with it. I'm not super crazy about the gameplay, but I enjoyed it, ditto for the story. I think there's all kinds of depth to the gameplay that I skipped-I set it to easy, as I don't want to have to master the finer points of it-lets you play it really differently.

But anyway, at worst it's incredibly well produced and usually fun, even if you're just blazing through it. I kept my copy, which is more than I can say for most games (including MGS3). I even don't mind Snake on my system's box (and wouldn't mind if he was on my system too).

[quote name='triforcer']what's the replay value at? im guessing MGO is shit. i think i can wait till this drops even lower. for such a big named series they sure drop in price substantially.[/quote]

MGO is pretty good. It not your typical run-and-gun online bulletfest but rather encourages you to use stealth, take your time and outwit the other players.

The only problem is managing the third-person camera in the heat of battle is tough but you get used to it.

[quote name='Dissolve']MGO is pretty good. It not your typical run-and-gun online bulletfest but rather encourages you to use stealth, take your time and outwit the other players.

The only problem is managing the third-person camera in the heat of battle is tough but you get used to it.[/quote]

Agreed. I love MGO, both from Subsistence and MGS4 (never really played the Portable Ops version). It's something different from everyone running around and just emptying clips. It's so satisfying to pick a good spot and ambush two or three guys.

bread's done
Back