Metal Gear Solid 4 80gig Bundle Preorder at TRU B&M Now Dead?

lpj8

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
This was posted in the Circuit City preorder thread, so credit goes to prim444
I know this isn't technically a "deal" because it's msrp, but you get a lot for $499 in my opinion.

Preorder the Metal Gear Solid 4 80gig Bundle at ToysRus. $10 down reserves your ticket. There were preorder cards near the videogame cash register specifically for the bundle.

This includes:

80 GIG PS3
Dual Shock 3 Controller
Metal Gear Solid 4 Regular Edition
Metal Gear Solid Box

499.99 plus tax.

EDIT: Sounds like TRU has stopped accepting preorders. Good Luck!

[quote name='shadowkast']ummm..."special bundle box"= cardboard box it comes in?!?! wow that is 'special' I figured they would just give you the system and cables in a plastic walmart bag...that's for clearing this up with the lnk:applause:[/quote]

Sorry about the confusion. I've edited the OP, hopefully its more clear now.

not really a need to start a new thread on this because it's not really a deal. regardless op, thanks for the info. still waiting on Amazon, don't want to pay tax.... creeping closer yet still no preorder wtf.

Check out the MGS PS3 bundle on Buy.com. Near the bottom of the page in the features section it says "please note this version PS3 is not backwards compatible with PS2 games.

Hmmm... I haven't gotten my pre-order cards yet for that. Hopefully within the next few days if mine is getting any of those. This is definitely news for me.

got the pre-order cards at the TRU in Hawthorne, CA. plenty left.

by the way, these are what the cards look like

mgs4truap9.jpg

[quote name='DetroitSportsFan']Has it been confirmed if this 80GB will have the 65nm cell like the 40GB model, or same 90nm cell like the previous 80GB?[/quote]

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that it was indicated that this system would be very similar to the previous 80 gig model.

[quote name='Arus']got the pre-order cards at the TRU in Hawthorne, CA. plenty left.

by the way, these are what the cards look like

mgs4truap9.jpg
[/QUOTE]

thanks for taking the time as posting that up... hm.. pretty interesting the pre-order "card" system. good way to sell pre-orders without getting anyone pissed.

i was just being a jackass with my post earlier, thanks op for your time of at least informing us of another place we can preorder if amazon never comes through

Maybe I'm missing something but what's so hot about this bundle? Besides the fact that it's an 80gb PS3 with MGS4 game thrown in? If it were like the 40gb LE edition (gunmetal and all that casing with matching dualshock 3) I'd be a lot more interested but I just don't understand the hype and obsession with nabbing one of these.

[quote name='jjz203']Maybe I'm missing something but what's so hot about this bundle? Besides the fact that it's an 80gb PS3 with MGS4 game thrown in? If it were like the 40gb LE edition (gunmetal and all that casing with matching dualshock 3) I'd be a lot more interested but I just don't understand the hype and obsession with nabbing one of these.[/quote]

The gunmetal bundle is $140 more for an inferior product is what the hype is for those who dont own a PS3.

[quote name='jjz203']Maybe I'm missing something but what's so hot about this bundle? Besides the fact that it's an 80gb PS3 with MGS4 game thrown in? If it were like the 40gb LE edition (gunmetal and all that casing with matching dualshock 3) I'd be a lot more interested but I just don't understand the hype and obsession with nabbing one of these.[/quote]

Well, it includes the DS3 controller, is $100 cheaper than the gunmetal version and is 80GB instead of 40GB. If your not interested in MGS4, then it's no big deal.

No go at my TRU... went out about noon today and the guy rummaged around for a bit and.... nothing. :whistle2:(

[quote name='DetroitSportsFan']Has it been confirmed if this 80GB will have the 65nm cell like the 40GB model, or same 90nm cell like the previous 80GB?[/QUOTE]

I'm a complete n00b when it comes to all things PS3.

What does this mean exactly? I plan to buy this bundle and is this something I need to be concerned about?

[quote name='Cindaddy']Well, it includes the DS3 controller, is $100 cheaper than the gunmetal version and is 80GB instead of 40GB. If your not interested in MGS4, then it's no big deal.[/QUOTE]

I'm not particularly interested (since I hate MGS3 and Portable Ops), but this is still the only PS3 version I'd get because of backwards compatibility. Personally I'd rather have Drake's Fortune or something, but even still it's $100 for backwards compatibility, double the hard drive space (upgradeable, but still), and a Dual Shock 3 (which I also don't care about that much, but since it's the new standard...)

[quote name='lpj8']I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that it was indicated that this system would be very similar to the previous 80 gig model.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']I'm a complete n00b when it comes to all things PS3.

What does this mean exactly? I plan to buy this bundle and is this something I need to be concerned about?[/QUOTE]

No, it's nothing you really need to worry about.

My guess is it will have a 65nm Cell, just because the 40GB model is the only one that's been produced for over half a year, and it's 65nm, so I can't see that they'd go back to some old fabrication process for this new one.

[quote name='Wolfpup']
No, it's nothing you really need to worry about.

My guess is it will have a 65nm Cell, just because the 40GB model is the only one that's been produced for over half a year, and it's 65nm, so I can't see that they'd go back to some old fabrication process for this new one.[/QUOTE]

So 65nm is better than 90nm then?

[quote name='hhhdx4']The gunmetal bundle is $140 more for an item aimed at MGS fans and collectors who are willing to pay for this promotional bundle, regardless of my personal opinion of it.[/quote]

Fixed. I'm sure that's what you meant to say...surely you wouldn't be so dismissive and rude of other peoples' tastes.

[quote name='rpepper'][/b]

Fixed. I'm sure that's what you meant to say...surely you wouldn't be so dismissive and rude of other peoples' tastes.[/quote]

Hes asking why we are excited for the 80gb bundle, not why people should be excited for the 40gb bundle, so get down off the high horse.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']^^^ Yes, it is smaller, less expensive, uses less electricity, and produces less heat

Sony's offical product page

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665371946

PS2 BC with exact same link to previous 80gb BC checking list.[/quote]
It's exactly what I want to hear: same BC as the previous 80GB model. Hopefully it will have the 65nm Cell.

I'm glad I didn't preorder the overpriced gun metal model. I'll be picking this one up instead!

[quote name='hhhdx4']Hes asking why we are excited for the 80gb bundle, not why people should be excited for the 40gb bundle, so get down off the high horse.[/quote]

Not on a high horse, just sick of people referring to the 40GB bundle as a rip-off.

Well, Frys.com sent me a cancellation notice...

I can confirm that the Florence, KY TRU is accepting preorders for the MGS4 PS3 pack. $10.00 down...

They might pressure you about getting a credit card, they did that to me. WTF is that about?

[quote name='solaris389']Well, Frys.com sent me a cancellation notice...

I can confirm that the Florence, KY TRU is accepting preorders for the MGS4 PS3 pack. $10.00 down...

They might pressure you about getting a credit card, they did that to me. WTF is that about?[/quote]

I ordered from Frys.com also. Did they give a reason for canceling?

Yes, Frys.com sent an e-mail that they wouldn't have enough stock, and were canceling orders. No big deal, I'd rather that than a long backorder.

I have a feeling that this will somewhat difficult to get at launch, but I could be wrong.

In my opinion, it represents a pretty good deal. You get an 80 gb Ps3 w/ some backwards compatibility (which used to cost $500 with different game), MGS4, and a Dual Shock 3 controller for $500. The walmart Ps3 giftcard deal is also a compelling choice though.

i would have got that if i didnt already have a 60 gig. its a good entry way for anyone that doesnt have a ps3 yet

I got it @ TRU. It's a good deal if you don't have a PS3 like me. Now I'll have the best controller for the PS3 along with what may turn out to be the best game for the PS3.

Hmm do I really have to Pre-Order it? I wanted to wait to see if Wal-Mart or some other store offers something like a gift card upon purchase.

I really hope it is not going to be a limited stock- I hear it'll be like the other bundle (motorstorm) and be available pretty easily. Anyone hear anything else?

[quote name='RenoTurk11']Hmm do I really have to Pre-Order it? I wanted to wait to see if Wal-Mart or some other store offers something like a gift card upon purchase.

I really hope it is not going to be a limited stock- I hear it'll be like the other bundle (motorstorm) and be available pretty easily. Anyone hear anything else?[/quote]

I really don't know for sure, but it seems that online preorders have sold out pretty quickly, so who knows. My local Ebgames said that they would be getting 1 or 2 in. Has anyone else heard anything different?

Is there any reason not to order one from the Sony website using their card to get the $100 off your first purchase? $400 for the bundle seems like a better deal than paying $500 in a store. Of course, it doesn't look like they're taking preorders, so it might be a bit before they actually become available, but I suspect that I can wait a while longer for the extra money off. I mean, even now, I don't feel a pressing need to have one.

[quote name='DefinedByClass13']More competition, goddamn it.[/quote]

Don't forget though that that pre-order card may be for the MGS3 PS3 Bundle, but the other barcode is just for a pre-order for the game itself.

The thing I'm worried about is that the staff may oversell pre-orders.

My guess is it won't matter as the pic someone posted shows a date of June 12th-26th or something like that, which either means that a date for the system isn't set yet (not very likely I think) or that you are merely guaranteed a system within 2 weeks of launch.

Between this and Gamestop not taking a preorder for this, I'm a little worried now. Seems like Circuit City's online pre-order is gone too. Come on Amazon!

bread's done
Back