Metal Gear Solid 4 & Metal Gear Online - 8/6: Rumored Trophy Update Out Now? Rumor!

[quote name='smiggity']Nice work-around for peeps who are too cheap or dont have access to pre-orders[/quote]

Or for people who live in regions where they aren't hosting betas.

[quote name='dallow']GS just called me to tell me they got the beta key and DVD in.
Dropping by after work.[/quote]

Yeah I just picked up mine. My store had a lot so hopefully they won't be to scarce.

Did they do this to you?

Picked mine up at the San Diego GS in Clairemont. They were pretty thorough in making sure that they handed it out to pre-orders only. Asked for an ID, phone number and scanned the dvd before they gave it to me.

[quote name='dallow']Did they do this to you?[/quote]

Not mine. I had the print out with my preorders on it and I handed it to him, he barely looked at it. Grabbed one off the shelve and handed it to me. When I told him there was also a preorder for my brother, I tried handing it back to him so he could make sure there really was two orders. He just said "oh" and handed me another without looking. /shrug.

okay I got to thinkin after I got my beta.. is MGO a stand alone game that's online only like Warhawk? If so what's the MSRP?

nm got the info from wikipedia lol, so it's on the MGS4 disc.. sweet!

[quote name='aznguyen316']nm got the info from wikipedia lol, so it's on the MGS4 disc.. sweet![/quote]

Right. "MGO Starter pack" comes with MGS4, and new content will be added in the future. Most likely via the PSN.

[quote name='smiggity']Nice work-around for peeps who are too cheap or dont have access to pre-orders[/quote]

Or for people who live in regions where they aren't hosting betas.

[quote name='dallow']GS just called me to tell me they got the beta key and DVD in.
Dropping by after work.[/quote]

Yeah I just picked up mine. My store had a lot so hopefully they won't be to scarce.

Did they do this to you?

Picked mine up at the San Diego GS in Clairemont. They were pretty thorough in making sure that they handed it out to pre-orders only. Asked for an ID, phone number and scanned the dvd before they gave it to me.

[quote name='dallow']Did they do this to you?[/quote]

Not mine. I had the print out with my preorders on it and I handed it to him, he barely looked at it. Grabbed one off the shelve and handed it to me. When I told him there was also a preorder for my brother, I tried handing it back to him so he could make sure there really was two orders. He just said "oh" and handed me another without looking. /shrug.

okay I got to thinkin after I got my beta.. is MGO a stand alone game that's online only like Warhawk? If so what's the MSRP?

nm got the info from wikipedia lol, so it's on the MGS4 disc.. sweet!

[quote name='aznguyen316']nm got the info from wikipedia lol, so it's on the MGS4 disc.. sweet![/quote]

Right. "MGO Starter pack" comes with MGS4, and new content will be added in the future. Most likely via the PSN.

Picked up my copy last night. Has anyone watched the DVD? If so, how does it compare to the first MG Saga DVD? I looked at the Chapter Index and it looks like it's broken down by character and not necessarily timeline. Either way, I'm really looking forward to drooling over MGO.

[quote name='dallow']Picked mine up at the San Diego GS in Clairemont. They were pretty thorough in making sure that they handed it out to pre-orders only. Asked for an ID, phone number and scanned the dvd before they gave it to me. [/quote]
Nope. All the guy did was take a quick look at my reciept and gave it to me. Technically, I could keep going back there when someone else is working and get more DVDs if I wanted to

Can someone confirm for me the DVD thing that you get when you pre-order, with the beta on them, is this the same DVD that has the MGS Saga on it?

That's what I'm mainly looking to get. If my store said they get the DVDs in Monday, I can get the MGS Saga Vol 2 then, with a flyer for the beta?

got minez!!!!!! flyer that I saw at GS says they'll be giving the DVDs from 4/4 to 4/10 w/ MGS4 preorders. I called the store last week and they told me that they weren't going to get these in until the 21st. [altought I knew I made myself clear when I said preorder DVD - oh well.. got minez]

Pictures of the US bundle, box art of the reg. US game on Amazon, and plus the rumored European cover

519pv-kCqbL._SS400_.jpg

51e6gn10wOL._SS500_.jpg

metalgearsolid4euroboxart.jpg

If that is the EU cover, I am importing
aka, just printing off that cover on some nice paper and custom inside artwork
. I am not a fan of the US cover, but it could be worse.

The US art is all right, but I'm disappointed that MGS4 has succumbed to the lazy trend of just slapping a 3D render on the cover with little attention paid to how interesting the design is. MGS has usually been really good about avoiding that, with the exception of MGS3's original edition box.

It sure would be nice if the LE used that slick Shinkawa art. That would definitely take a little sting out of the price tag.

[quote name='dallow']Both kinda suck to me.
I like the cover of the Saga DVD a lot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's nice and matches perfectly with the Saga Vol. 1 DVD case.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Isn't that the same boxart that Japan's supposed to get?[/quote]

[quote name='zewone']No?[/quote]

The images are similar enough that I'm thinking the "European" one is just a finalized version of the "Japanese" one. Ryan Payton also mentioned a few weeks ago that the then-recently-revealed Japanese cover was not necessarily the final art.

I read through the last few pages and I need to make sure before I go back to GS, is the beta code inside the sealed Saga case?

I went to both of my Gamestops and they had no idea about the beta and said all they had was the Saga dvd.

bread's done
Back