Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (PSP) $27.99 at Amazon

Just a reminder.... if you participated in the Splinter Cell deal and bought the @gamer magazine , it has a coupon for peacewalker for $20 off also bring it to $19.99.

I would have gotten that also but have the game already....

The production values can't compete with MGS3 or 4 but it's definitely a fantastic game another experience that makes you wonder how much lost potential the PSP really has.

I was lucky enough to get a Big Boss Pack and MGS has by far the LONGEST legs of any game with a fantastic post game system.

Great game. Loving every minute of it. If your a mgs fan, don't miss it. An important piece in the MGS series (Story wise). Alot of replay value than any mgs game imo.

Love the francise. Saw all the cutscenes on the tube. So there's no rush to play the game. Since I've waited this long, might as well wait until it goes below 20

considering my nick is espionage, I'm a fan of the MGS games. MGS Peace Walker (aka MGS5) is the best Metal Gear Solid Game I've ever played. I'm very happy with the Big Boss bundle.

Having said that, Best Buy with the $20 off coupon is still the better deal if you received the Gamer magazine trial issue.

Seriously, I'm still playing this game. I've clocked damned near 100 hours on it (which I'm not proud of.)

As far as I'm concerned it set the bar for future PSP games, not only in regards to looks but also gameplay and replayability. I absolutely recommend it to anyone on the fence.

Incredible game, especially if you can find someone to play with (I played with my two kids). I've spent countless hours on it and loved every minute.

As others have said, this really is MGS5-I've even seen it listed as that by Konami before it came out.

I'm really liking it. The strategic backend to it SHOULD be confusing, but it's introduced slowly enough and well enough that I feel like I've got pretty much a total grip on what's going on. I'm loving that element as much as the main game probably.

For reference, I like or love Metal Gear, Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 4, Metal Gear Acid 1 & 2, but hated MGS 3 and Portable Ops. So I was iffy on Peace Walker, but IMO it controls and plays like a real Metal Gear game, not the broken mockery I think 3 and PO are.

[quote name='Fatbot3']The production values can't compete with MGS3 or 4 but it's definitely a fantastic game another experience that makes you wonder how much lost potential the PSP really has.[/quote]

Well, it's a real last gen system. I mean it's *STILL* the best portable hardware out there 5 or 6 years after launch...which is why my jaw was on the floor when I read the specs back in 2004.

The guys who made the awesome Syphon Filter games said they had trouble porting those to the Playstation 2 as the Playstation Portable can push more polygons and textures-and I'm inclined to listen to those guys given how awesome their games look and play (and I think they're owned by Sony too, so...)

Heck, we don't yet know if the 3DS is as powerful as the PSP, which is insane. Full speed Tegra 2 would *FINALLY* be something more powerful, but I suspect 3DS is using an underclocked Tegra 1, soooo it remains to be seen. (Certainly none of the screen shots I've seen so far look impressive at all, except for Resident Evil, which looks like a tech demo.)

It's still insane to me that Nintendo released a home console 2 years after a portable that's still part of the same generation :whistle2:D

It's kind of sad reading all these positive posts. I'm another Peace Walker lover who wished the PSP could provide success to companies who chose to make good games for it. It's one of my favorite MGS games now, and it's easily the most content-filled of the series.

Now they just need to patch some infrastructure online into it.

[quote name='Grinchy']It's kind of sad reading all these positive posts. I'm another Peace Walker lover who wished the PSP could provide success to companies who chose to make good games for it. It's one of my favorite MGS games now, and it's easily the most content-filled of the series.

Now they just need to patch some infrastructure online into it.[/QUOTE]

If you have got a PS3 and friends, use ad-hoc party.

Oh yeah, I forgot this has co-op I guess. This is one of those rare games that I think would actually completely kick-ass with co-op. I can see it being genuinely awesome like that since it's actually part of the story mode.

bread's done
Back