Metal Gear Solid Sucks. All of them. All along.

[quote name='kiribee']They should make a true sequel to the "non solid" series allready.[/QUOTE]

This is incorrect. No partial credit.

[quote name='heavyd853']That doesn't even make sense! The Metal Gears without "Solid" in the front star solid snake![/quote]Maybe kiri just hates 3D graphics and wants another 8bit game.

As much as some of ya'll bash 2 you must admit when you find out what Arsenal Gear is you're thinking that was brilliant. I mean it was a surprise and fit perfectly and Arsenal Gear is feasible, albeit it won't be termed that name IRL.

I tried Metal Gear Solid 2. After playing for less than an hour I just knew it wasn't the type of game I would enjoy, so I stopped. I bought it for less then $20 so it wasn't a huge loss.

Gwen, I'm a little late, but MGS3 actually had a bit of self-awareness about it. The plot is all spy-movie chic in the Metal Gear style, and all the characters are much less moody and self-involved. Para-Medic especially is just plain likeable. The endgame actually provides the only time MGS has ever surprised me, by NOT making the traditional paranoid conspiracy theorists' them, the government, or whoever, behind the entire villainous scheme, and actually creating a meaningful story with a couple of just really interesting characters.

Anyway, other than MGS3, I am done with the series. Metal Gear GBC was the only one I really liked.

First off, I love the MGS series...been a fanboy since MGS on the PSX. MGS2's convoluted plot and lack of Snake was a bit of a turn off, but the series redeemed itself with MGS3 IMO. Was I one of the few who ended up finishing MGS3? Most people I talk with whine about how hard MGS3 was and how they didn't like the lack of a radar. Just sounds like a bunch of spoiled gamers to me...

I thought MGS3 was awesome. I actually found it easier to kill stuff in 3 than I did in 2. In 3 I'd clear out areas no problem, with just the knife and CQC. Hell I liked it so much that I beat twice to try and get the stealth camo by shooting all the damn frogs (I think a missed a frog though, because I didn't get it in the end).

[quote name='RollingSkull']Gwen, I'm a little late, but MGS3 actually had a bit of self-awareness about it. The plot is all spy-movie chic in the Metal Gear style, and all the characters are much less moody and self-involved. Para-Medic especially is just plain likeable. The endgame actually provides the only time MGS has ever surprised me, by NOT making the traditional paranoid conspiracy theorists' them, the government, or whoever, behind the entire villainous scheme, and actually creating a meaningful story with a couple of just really interesting characters.[/quote]That's a write-up that just bumped this game a number of spaces in my backlog.

[quote name='y2kenjination']First off, I love the MGS series...been a fanboy since MGS on the PSX. MGS2's convoluted plot and lack of Snake was a bit of a turn off, but the series redeemed itself with MGS3 IMO. Was I one of the few who ended up finishing MGS3? [/QUOTE]

That pretty much sums up how I feel about Metal Gear, I LOVED the first one and the third one, the second on was awesome but hard to follow. But on the other hand MGS 4 looks GODLY!

I will always make time for a metal gear game because MGS 1 PSX had re-inspired my love for video games at a time when I thought I was done with games.(my teen years)

[quote name='RollingSkull']Gwen, I'm a little late, but MGS3 actually had a bit of self-awareness about it. The plot is all spy-movie chic in the Metal Gear style, and all the characters are much less moody and self-involved. Para-Medic especially is just plain likeable. The endgame actually provides the only time MGS has ever surprised me, by NOT making the traditional paranoid conspiracy theorists' them, the government, or whoever, behind the entire villainous scheme, and actually creating a meaningful story with a couple of just really interesting characters.

Anyway, other than MGS3, I am done with the series. Metal Gear GBC was the only one I really liked.[/QUOTE]

WTF was wrong with the Arsenal Gear bit when you find out what it was? I thought it was brilliant because of how true it is.

bread's done
Back