Metal Slug Anthology PSP - $8.98 @ amazon, DOTD

Figures....I bought it off PSN last night for 19.99......hey, if anyone wants a deal on anything, let me know so I can buy it. I have bad luck in which I buy something, and hours later, its on sale......Anyways, I heard the UMD version has bad load times. The PSN version has better load times, but its still not great.

What do you mean? They're excellent. What's bad about them? You're not going to get a better d-pad outside maybe the Saturn's pad or something.

Worst loading times of any PSP game I've ever played. It's so bad the loading actually ruins the flow of the game by stopping.....(loading)...the...(loading)...action at random points in the middle of the levels. Absolutely inexcusable and embarrassing that this port was actually approved and released. I'd be interested to find out if the downloadable PSN version has better load times.

The PS2 and Wii versions are at least tolerable.

What PSP do you have? That's pretty sloppy. I'd have still bought it though (PSP version's the only one I'd consider, since I'm not a huge Metal Slug fan).

[quote name='InvaderZim']Could you even play this on a PSP? PSP controls are pretty bad...[/QUOTE]
Yea the PSP controls suck, not worth it for me.

Amazon also offers SNK Arcade Classics for $12.49, which has the first metal slug. Even though it ships in 2-4 weeks, it would help put you non-prime people towards free shipping.

[quote name='heybtbm']Worst loading times of any PSP game I've ever played. It's so bad the loading actually ruins the flow of the game by stopping.....(loading)...the...(loading)...action at random points in the middle of the levels. Absolutely inexcusable and embarrassing that this port was actually approved and released. I'd be interested to find out if the downloadable PSN version has better load times.

The PS2 and Wii versions are at least tolerable.[/QUOTE]

very tempted but scared of the loading times thing. one reviewer also mentions it on amazon.

I added it to my cart last night. Bit on it this morning because I need a PSP game, I love Metal Slug, & I was already buying myself the Flip Cam for my birthday. :)

[quote name='dubbfoolio']very tempted but scared of the loading times thing. one reviewer also mentions it on amazon.[/QUOTE]
Same here, nothing kills a game for me more than horrible loading times. I'm still angry at Bionic Commando PS3.

[quote name='Izod517']Same here, nothing kills a game for me more than horrible loading times. I'm still angry at Bionic Commando PS3.[/QUOTE]

ESPECIALLY on a portable system. I often only game on the portable systems for 5 minutes at a time (the time it takes a dump). I don't really want a huge portion of that to be load times.

That's too bad about the load times. It's even worse since it's an arcade-y type game which should flow quickly. I guess I'll pass.

Had this on my radar for quite a while. Nice to get so cheap!
And since I couldn't resist, I bought Williams Pinball for 360 at the same time. Medieval Madness!

I have the game and load times are pretty bad. Luckily you can rip the game to your memory stick if you have CFW and the lag pretty much goes away. The only problem is that Metal Slug 6 has never worked from my ripped copy....so still have to play that from UMD.

Going to grab this for sure. Thanks op.
151l1259.jpg

I can tell you from experience this is one of the worst ports of these games, they take forever to load, and the framerate is extremely unstable on the UMD version of the game, cant vouch for the digital version. They are playable, but it breaks most of the enjoyment I had with the game because the game constantly has to spin the umd disc and read which causes hiccups

[quote name='Wolfpup']What do you mean? They're excellent. What's bad about them? You're not going to get a better d-pad outside maybe the Saturn's pad or something.[/QUOTE]

It's the same awful fragmented Sony d-pad.

The SNES pad is arguably the only one that measures up to the Saturn pad.

Huh, I'd never really had issue with it. The 2000+ is better than the 1000 though (which was probably the best portable pad until that point, but it's noticeably inferior).

[quote name='cartman414']It's the same awful fragmented Sony d-pad.

The SNES pad is arguably the only one that measures up to the Saturn pad.[/QUOTE]

I've always prefered the Sony D-Pad, it keeps you from pressing DF when you just want to press D. I know I'm probably in the minority, but just saying.

bread's done
Back