Metroid: Other M - The CAG Thread

Considering it's only 2 months before it's planned release, I don't find that likely. They probably want to space out their releases. 3 games in 5 weeks is almost overkill.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Call me skeptical, but unless I see something a little more official than a post on GAF I'm calling BS.[/QUOTE]

Both Best Buy and Wal-Mart changed their release dates at around the time this was posted. Though it is far from a confirmation, it does imply strongly that Nintendo sent out a notice to retailers about the games' delay.

There is also the question of how ready Other M was for the June release, since all of the press demos for it so far have been closed door/no recording-allowed events, which seems to hint that Team Ninja still has some things to work out before it is up to their expectations. It is also possible they wanted to use E3 and later press events to give people a more comprehensive impression of the game, since many journalists were talking about how the demo was too short to form a reasonable judgment.

Well that's a bummer. Corruption and Trilogy released in August too.

This still leaves the door open to a late 2010/early 2011 Zelda release...

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Well that's a bummer. Corruption and Trilogy released in August too.

This still leaves the door open to a late 2010/early 2011 Zelda release...[/QUOTE]

Definitely a bummer. I was hoping that the summer clustering of Metroid and Mario meant they would have Zelda ready for a big holiday release. I guess that might still happen. I can honestly say that this is the first Nintendo E3 I've really been anticipating in awhile because I really wanted to see what they had in store for Zelda.

[quote name='KingBroly']Pre-Order Bonus: 16-cards in an art folio

Not much to say there.[/QUOTE]

Is it exclusive to certain retailers?

It's only showing up on Gamestop.com right now. I seriously hope this isn't exclusive. I already used some promo credit on it at Amazon, and don't feel like paying $20 more just for some cards.

I just pre-ordered my copy. I wish it would come out sooner. I just got accepted to a university this fall, hard decision to make now. Metroid was the main reason I got a wii.

[quote name='KingBroly']Pre-Order Bonus: 16-cards in an art folio

Not much to say there.[/QUOTE]

Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease let GS/EB Canada get enough of these for all pre-orders. I still want my MPTrilogy poster (and something else?)

All I know right now is that it's Gamestop offering it. I'm guessing it's exclusive to them, but what happens between then and now remains to be seen.

I already pre-ordered it when they announced the June 27th release date, so I'm all set.

You know, I don't go for Metroid, but after watching the Metroid: Other M trailer at E3, I have to say I may actually play this one. Looks really good.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']That E3 trailer is amazing.

Metroid is going to be fantastic, as is Zelda, DK, Kirby and Kid Icarus.[/QUOTE]

If Metroid was as dark as Dead Space I would scared shit less, especially with that music.

[quote name='Mr. 420']I don't think to highly of that trailer. Hopefully the game is going to be delayed a year or 2.[/QUOTE]

WHAT MADNESS IS THIS!? Dost thou want a boot in thy face?

[quote name='KingBroly']WHAT MADNESS IS THIS!? Dost thou want a boot in thy face?[/QUOTE]

Don't mind him. He's the slidecage of trolls.stay tuned for the part where he calls me a tranny

[quote name='icedrake523']What makes you think that?[/QUOTE]

Well he says the last console Metroid made was Super Metroid.

[quote name='KingBroly']Well he says the last console Metroid made was Super Metroid.[/QUOTE]

He was only talking about the games his team made (Metroid, Metroid II, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion). Though in a different interview, someone asked him what he though of the four prime games (Prime, Hunters, Prime 2, Prime 3)- and he said that it was another take on the Metroid universe. Honestly though, unless Other M contradicts things, in my eyes the Prime games are part of the canon.

What the hell has he been doing since Fusion?!

Thinking a way to move the series past Fusion. They really haven't been able to figure a way past that.

- No more Metroids, well, besides Samus technically
- Samus is a fugitive from the law

I would've always assumed that the final parts in Zero Mission could've been a great thing to incorporate in a post-Fusion Metroid game. That section was pretty well made IMO.

The way I've seen Sakamoto talk about the Prime Trilogy, I always assumed he saw it in a "yeah it's okay for what it is but it's not the true Metroid that we make" kinda way. Which is a bummer, 'cause I was really looking forward to some Prime stuff (Luminoth, Sylux, CRAZY PIRATE DATA) in Other M.

As for where to take the series after Fusion, there's always the chance that the Galactic Feds made some more Metroids somewhere besides BSL, isn't there? Or, hell, somebody captures Samus within the first hour of gameplay, takes some of her blood, and synthesizes new Metroids from that. This series' science is about as soft as you can get, so there's no shortage of ways to bring the little bastards back as long as Samus is still kicking.

There's one easy way to extend the Metroid series past Fusion that EVERYONE constantly overlooks. It's easy to see how it can happen once you realize that point.

That point is
Samus IS a Metroid

I'm really excited for this.
I know some people don't like the game so far because of the fact that you play 3D with the d-pad, and the auto-lock-on, and stuff, but the game seems to be built around those design choices, and to me it looks great.

The lock-on mechanics only work when you're facing in the general direction (and with only 8-directions of movement on the d-pad, it's kind of necessary otherwise shooting would be very inaccurate) and they seem to make the game feel very fun and fast-paced.

I look forward to clever environmental/puzzle mechanics with having to switch between first and third-person.

I wasn't looking forward to the cutscenes that much, but after seeing their quality and the opening sequence to the game, it looks spectacular.

I'm excited to play, once again, as a fast, third-person Samus.

I'm also excited for it, this seems more of what I envisioned Metroid was going to be like all those years ago before Prime was showed off. I can't wait to play it lol!

This is looking pretty good. I just hope the world design is more freeroaming like super metroid, than a game like prime. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the prime games, but by like midway through part 3, it got old (since I bet the first two). Also I hope there is limited scanning of objects in this game.

Either way, I am going to have to buy this, I have bought and completed a version of every metroid game except for II (and I need to finish prime 3) and well I wish I could have bought II back then but oh well.

Honestly, it doesn't look like there's any object "scanning" as there is object "identifying". Scanning enemies in the Prime series is a nice touch and sometimes rewards you with an easier fight. Also, you should really finish Corruption before too long.

Just as a heads up: People have been reporting in the Target clearance thread that the Trilogy set is going on clearance at various Targets (....as the name of that thread would imply). First drop puts it at $34.98. I'd say that's your best bet for a new copy at this point. You can try holding out for the magical 50% off but I'd imagine it would be long gone before then.

[quote name='Strell']Just as a heads up: People have been reporting in the Target clearance thread that the Trilogy set is going on clearance at various Targets (....as the name of that thread would imply). First drop puts it at $34.98. I'd say that's your best bet for a new copy at this point. You can try holding out for the magical 50% off but I'd imagine it would be long gone before then.[/QUOTE]

The prices are rising.. I may just bite at $50 for it at my local Target. I need me some steelbook.

[quote name='Strell']Just as a heads up: People have been reporting in the Target clearance thread that the Trilogy set is going on clearance at various Targets (....as the name of that thread would imply). First drop puts it at $34.98. I'd say that's your best bet for a new copy at this point. You can try holding out for the magical 50% off but I'd imagine it would be long gone before then.[/QUOTE]

Do I dare pickup a sealed copy to have in mint condition forever?

Also, does anyone remember another English CG trailer being released besides the ones in the OP? I can't find a link to it, and it'd be appreciated if it could be found.

I got my Trilogy used from Gamestop. Consequently, it didn't come with the slip cover :(

Anyway, I preordered the game from Amazon :) Can't wait, I love Metroid.

If you loved Metroid, you would've found Nintendo's shipping routes like I did.

Er...I...uh...mean, you'd be getting Day 1 shipping and get it on release day like me.

Yeah.

[quote name='KingBroly']If you loved Metroid, you would've found Nintendo's shipping routes like I did.

Er...I...uh...mean, you'd be getting Day 1 shipping and get it on release day like me.

Yeah.[/QUOTE]

What?

I got it from Amazon, I am getting day 1 shipping but that doesn't matter anyway because I'm on vacation until September 3rd.

You probably don't need them that much. Plus, you can do that "Concentration" technique to recharge them.

Game Videos has about 4 or 5 new videos from Comic Con. I'm not looking at them, though. I must be kept pure. Also I hear a lot of people think the VA for Samus fits her pretty well.

bread's done
Back