MGS: Legacy collection back in stock (amazon) (in stock)

MSRP but much better than the $110 they were going for new. EDIT: Goes in and out of stock constantly.  I bought one and it's currently preparing to be shipped, so they definitely have units.

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B00CTKHXFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397069582&sr=8-1&keywords=mgs+legacy+collection

Edit: Just a heads up, the MGS1 and MGS:VR downloadable codes don't expire.  I bought a copy back in September of last year when fry's had it for $25 and just now redeemed the codes.  I don't know why I waited so long but I'm happy to report that both went through perfectly, I'm downloading them as we speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back and orderable again.

Edit- Well it was, unavailable again.  Showing up intermittently again but back to unavailable after I snagged a second copy.

Glad I sold mine for $125 last week.
sold my copy last week for 110, YES!! In 4 2.
Glad I dumped mine for $110 lol
champagne-541x600.jpg

Really wish there was a way to filter out items shipped from Japan.  Those guys seem to be flooding everything, and who knows if the stuff they sell is even the NTSC-U Version.

Time to buy 999 then sell them at $60 a piece and be rich! :whee:
You're probably not being serious, but it'd only be worthwhile at that price if you were able to sell them on Craigslist (unlikely at a place where most people don't understand the difference between new and used) because Feebay would eat up most of your profit.

Lol.

"Now that it's sold out I need it!" 

Seriously, to those that didn't care while it was widely available, why do you suddenly need it? This happens with every game. Once it's sold out suddenly people want it, for no justifiable reason. 

Lol.

"Now that it's sold out I need it!"

Seriously, to those that didn't care while it was widely available, why do you suddenly need it? This happens with every game. Once it's sold out suddenly people want it, for no justifiable reason.
Have you ever heard of supply and demand? They have an inverse relationship; no irrationality needed.

Have you ever heard of supply and demand? They have an inverse relationship; no irrationality needed.
What he was talking about has nothing at all to do with supply and demand. I know you want to be snarky and savvy sounding but think and read before you attempt it.

fredmeyer.com you can view the ad there but it ain't in the ad there a sale in the ad for 30 to 50% off select games but majority the games aren't mentioned since it in store sale
Ah I see, thanks! But what are the odds they even have stock? I know up here in Vancouver, Canada it is super hard to find one.

What he was talking about has nothing at all to do with supply and demand. I know you want to be snarky and savvy sounding but think and read before you attempt it.
But it does. In this case, supply is reduced, future supply is expected to be zero, and the value of the good is tied to its exclusivity. So the good in question is acting very much like a Veblen good, and it makes sense for demand to increase as supply decreases/price increases.

Ah I see, thanks! But what are the odds they even have stock? I know up here in Vancouver, Canada it is super hard to find one.
I just checked two local Fred Meyer stores and there weren't any, but they weren't in Vancouver.

Last edited:
Jeez, makes me glad I got this for $30 when I did. >> Good luck to whoever gets it. This collection was a bunch of flagship titles that helped make having a PS1/PS2/PS3 worth having at some point. Now, it's more than worth having on PS3.

This is in stock at the gamestop nearby.  Think it's worth buying used for about $40?  I already have the collection for myself, but if anyone here could use one or if the resell value is high enough I'd be inclined to pick it up.  Plus I have a Buy 2 Used get 1 free that I'm trying to figure out what to buy with

This is in stock at the gamestop nearby. Think it's worth buying used for about $40? I already have the collection for myself, but if anyone here could use one or if the resell value is high enough I'd be inclined to pick it up. Plus I have a Buy 2 Used get 1 free that I'm trying to figure out what to buy with
with used also keep in mind that two of the games in the collection are digital so the codes could be used already which will make the set incomplete and might not have the art book with it

This is true, but I doubt VR Missions and MGS1 digital will kill the value since they are easily attainable on PSN as if nothing was missing from the set.  The art book though, we shall see.

I ended up finding Twin Snakes for $5 though which is a great find.

edit: has the art book.  Anyone want it for price+shipping+gas/tip?

Thought I missed out but I was able to get in a backorder just now. I'm not really an MGS fan but my friends have access to my library and I know at least a couple that would really enjoy playing through these.

I was all excited since I got it to go in my cart and in stock new with prime...  Then I realized I'm not a reseller and it seems to be available enough that if people want it they can have it.

Giving the oos message when trying to add to cart again.  Was able to order one through the mobile site instead.

Thanks OP. Bought one for my friend as a gift. I gave him my standalone copy of MGS4 and he loved it, so might as well order for the other games in the set.

Demand doesn't increase as supply goes down.  Supply goes down because demand increases.  fuckin idiots.

One piece of shit is not inherently in more demand than ten pieces of shit.

At this pace if it come back in stock again it probably gna be a June delivery the first date was April 12th then this 2nd wave of orders said may 18th

Fun part will be people getting their game damaged due to the padded envelope.
That actually doesn't happen often and is usually due to careless shippers when it does -- not the packaging itself. I order hundreds of games and other things that come in similar cases per year in bubble envelopes and I've only ever received two that were damaged. I've received more boxed items that were damaged.

Last edited:
It's back up again. I was able to order a copy, but it says it'll be in stock on April 12. Delivery estimate of April 16 15 April 14 with Prime two-day shipping.

And it dead once again and it wierd it been giving April 12 and may 18th as both in stock dates

Edit: and it back for the 4th time lol

bread's done
Back