MGS4 PS3 $19.99 FS - newegg.com

YMMV
I think it is under $20 at sam's club. I could swear I keep seeing it for $15.96 or something close to that.

the sam's I'm talking about is the one in kenner, La. 70065 area.

Konami hasn't said anything concerning a new edition, and the game was released back in 2008! I think Kojima wants the series to rest, as evidenced by a lackluster final chapter. (This is coming from someone that loved 1 and 3 immensely, but didn't completely denounce 2.)

$20 is a good price, but I'd personally pay $5 less [at the very least].

This game is a must play for anyone who hasn't. The guy above me doesn't know what he's talking about :). It is my favorite game ever made although I do admit the boss fights weren't quite as good as the past MGS's. Even if you don't like MGS games this one might appeal to you because it has a smoother and more actiony control scheme.

[quote name='javeryh']What's the deal with the cutscenes in this? Are some really an hour long?[/QUOTE]
There are some that come fairly close although there are several times you'll watch a 20 min scene then play for 2 min and watch another 10 min scene, you shouldn't mind though because the scenes are incredible.

I ordered this last month @ $20 from newegg which was previously posted here. Nice thing was that it wasnt a GH edition.

[quote name='javeryh']What's the deal with the cutscenes in this? Are some really an hour long?[/QUOTE]

I skipped a bunch because they were so damn boring but the gameplay is just too awesome

[quote name='jason506']There are some that come fairly close although there are several times you'll watch a 20 min scene then play for 2 min and watch another 10 min scene, you shouldn't mind though because the scenes are incredible.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... I'll pass for now then. When it hits $10 I might bite. I just don't have time for something like this.

I think the longest is 45 minutes. Often it seems like you're tripping over cutscenes.

Personally, I was never a big Metal Gear Solid fan. I never finished 1 or 2 and I never played 3. MGS4 is a strange game that's worth playing. Some will love it, others will hate it and if you're like me you'll just be perplexed at it's strangeness.

the longest is an hour and a half. it's the last one after you "win". if you are worried about the cutscenes in the game then you may want to stay away. they are long, and could have really used editing down. most games you can just tolerate through goofy cutscenes but mgs4 took it a lot too far. the games good, maybe great but the cutscenes take away from it a lot and (depending on style/skill) you watch the game more than you play it.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I think the longest is 45 minutes. Often it seems like you're tripping over cutscenes.

Personally, I was never a big Metal Gear Solid fan. I never finished 1 or 2 and I never played 3. MGS4 is a strange game that's worth playing. Some will love it, others will hate it and if you're like me you'll just be perplexed at it's strangeness.[/QUOTE]

The longest cutscene is actually 90 minutes. But, all MGS games are known for their long cutscenes, and the fans of the series have just accepted them as part of the series' formula.

My advise to anyone who is not familiar with Metal Gear Solid: Stay AWAY from MGS 4, as much of the storyline will just fly over your head.

this is an awesome game. it was my first ps3 game, and my first trip into the MGS series. You won't notice how long the cut scenes are, and if you do, you probaly won't mind if you've gotten that far into the game to catch one of the longer ones. $20 is pretty good, it's actually really good considering how much gameplay you'll actually get from it.

Is this the greatest hit version? Also I want to play this game but I haven't played the past 3 what series of games would I have to play first to understand number 4?

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Konami hasn't said anything concerning a new edition, and the game was released back in 2008! I think Kojima wants the series to rest, as evidenced by a lackluster final chapter. (This is coming from someone that loved 1 and 3 immensely, but didn't completely denounce 2.)

$20 is a good price, but I'd personally pay $5 less [at the very least].[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jason506']This game is a must play for anyone who hasn't. The guy above me doesn't know what he's talking about :). It is my favorite game ever made although I do admit the boss fights weren't quite as good as the past MGS's. Even if you don't like MGS games this one might appeal to you because it has a smoother and more actiony control scheme.[/QUOTE]

Personally I loved 1, 2, and 4, but hated 3 and Portable Ops.

Guns of the Patriots is a REALLY strong game. I mean I didn't like it as well as Jason here, but I think if you have a Playstation you'd be completely nuts not to buy it.

Not sure, but it might still be the best looking game this generation. I sure haven't played anything better (outside of the PC, and even then it's amazing.

I'm actually kind of shocked there's anyone who owns a Playstation but not this game. I mean it has crazy production values and graphics, and really good gameplay (I think you can enjoy it on different levels depending on how hardcore you are-there's a ton too it, a ton of depth that I know I was missing, but I still loved it playing the way I did).

I still remember playing Mass Effect and then going immediately into Guns of the Patriots back in May/June 2008. THAT was a good couple of months :whistle2:D

Awesome game! I finally got to Act V last night. The story is pretty crazy and nuts, but the game is super fun. The cut scenes are kind of slow sometimes, but really well produced and interesting to watch.

My biggest problem: it's too easy for me to cheese my way through certain levels. I suck at games, and there are so many ways to play (run-and-gun or stealth or a little of both), so I usually try to start playing the "right" way, and occasionally just start running to the objective because I get overwhelmed or whatever. I kind of wish I either died easier or it wasn't so easy just to get to where I am supposed to go.

Regardless, it's a REALLY good game!

For me that's a good thing that you can get through like that-I think most people can actually play and enjoy it (like me!) but it's got a ton of depth for the people who really want it or are crazy good at games.

bread's done
Back