Michael Jackson Memorial 8/29/58 - 6/25/09

This thread is tanking real quick thanks to MisterModest and his cult followers of MJ Haters.

Would not be surprised if it's locked soon :|

[quote name='ITDEFX']This thread is tanking real quick thanks to MisterModest and his cult followers of MJ Haters.

Would not be surprised if it's locked soon :|[/QUOTE]
Well when those guys grow up they will understand how stupid and disrespectful they where. Back on topic when was the first time yall heard an MJ song? I remember watching Billy Jean at my grandma's house on tv when the video came out.

[quote name='Rocko']That kind of attitude blows my mind. That anyone can act in such a way after his death is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
It blows MY mind that people defend a sicko just because they like his music. I won't change my opinion of him just because he's dead.

[quote name='MisterModest']It blows MY mind that people defend a sicko just because they like his music. I won't change my opinion of him just because he's dead.[/QUOTE]

Respect for the dead is obviously lost on these people. You can hate the acts, but can you hate the man after what he has given the world?

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']Well when those guys grow up they will understand how stupid and disrespectful they where. Back on topic when was the first time yall heard an MJ song? I remember watching Billy Jean at my grandma's house on tv when the video came out.[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt they will grow up. Look how they are low they are..some of them are even taking pot shots at me because they claim *I know* about "molesting children" because I am a teacher.... uh huh...real mature. :roll:
Grow the fuck up and get a life.

As for first MJ song... I think but not sure it was the Billy Jean music video on MTV. Those light steps were damn cool back in the day.

It isn't just because people like his music. People aren't mourning his death because "Oh, yeah, he had some good songs!" You shouldn't change your opinion, but you should be respectful. That you aren't just shows you're a shitty person. Sorry about that!

[quote name='MisterModest']It blows MY mind that people defend a sicko just because they like his music. I won't change my opinion of him just because he's dead.[/QUOTE]
You if you where accused of doing something wrong would you want people to always call you out on it? I dont know if he did it or not but i do know that he did a LOT for charities. What have you done?

[quote name='Rocko']That kind of attitude blows my mind. That anyone can act in such a way after his death is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Yeah because we all know these MJ haters have perfect lives and they have never done anything wrong. I don't condone the wrongs that MJ (might) have done during his life. But on the other hand I won't deny that he is still an amazing singer and helped lead the era of music videos. That's the MJ that I'll remember.

So show some class haters and just shut up.

here is a thought... lets just stop responding to all the hate comments and continue to talk about MJ's music and his life in a positive way. See that's what these fucktards want, attention on them because we know they have no real friends in real life so they need to get some love and attention in here. So lets stop feeding the ass trolls and they will just go away.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Yeah because we all know these MJ haters have perfect lives and they have never done anything wrong. I don't condone the wrongs that MJ (might) have done during his life. But on the other hand I won't deny that he is still an amazing singer and helped lead the era of music videos. That's the MJ that I'll remember.

So show some class haters and just shut up.[/QUOTE]

I'll agree that the jokes are distasteful, and that should stop. However, I can't let go of the fact that he was probably a child molestor. No one in their right mind can deny that he was tremendously influential on music and was probably the greatest entertainer of all time, but all that is overshadowed by things that happened near the end of his life. Now, all that being said, I would say Billie Jean is probably my favorite song, and the Thriller video was just awesome for that time period.

[quote name='ITDEFX']here is a thought... lets just stop responding to all the hate comments and continue to talk about MJ's music and his life in a positive way. See that's what these fucktards want, attention on them because we know they have no real friends in real life so they need to get some love and attention in here. So lets stop feeding the ass trolls and they will just go away.[/QUOTE]
I'm good with that.

hmmm what's going to happen to his children. Jackson better have something in his will or some paper work to make sure his children are going to be taken care of.

I've heard that Debbie Rowe is basically the first in line if it's true that she never legally gave up her parental rights. Whatever happens to them, I hope all three of the children go together.

I don't know how anyone can honestly knock anything he's done musically. Even if you don't like him for his personal life (acquitted of ALL charges, remember?), he's done amazing things for music and for society.

Dude toured sold out arenas for a year and a half in the early '90s and donated every penny to charity. Pretty remarkable.

I do hope that MJ had some sort of proof who the real mother is, not only in case of his death but what if the kids wanted to know who their mom is. That's gonna be such a mess for the courts if MJ didn't do this because your gonna have all these crazy women claiming that they are the mothers of the kids.

I refuse to have any respect for a child molester whether they escape justice or not.

And the Beatles and James Brown have been far more influential to music.

[quote name='Rocko']I've heard that Debbie Rowe is basically the first in line if it's true that she never legally gave up her parental rights. Whatever happens to them, I hope all three of the children go together.[/QUOTE]

Debbie Rowe is only the mother of Prince Michael II and Paris. We don't know who the mother of Prince Michael III (Blanket) is. This article has some supposed info on who could claim custody of Blanket but it's probably BS so take it with a grain of salt.
http://www.page2live.com/2009/06/26/palm-beach-accountant-could-be-guardian-of-michael-jackson-son/

[quote name='MrBadExample']I refuse to have any respect for a child molester whether they escape justice or not.

And the Beatles and James Brown have been far more influential to music.[/QUOTE]
And you know he is a child molester how....?

They may have been more influential to music but MJ is still by far the best in terms of quality IMO.

[quote name='ITDEFX']hmmm what's going to happen to his children. Jackson better have something in his will or some paper work to make sure his children are going to be taken care of.[/QUOTE]
I heard he left behind a huge pile of unreleased (yet fully mastered) material that his kids would be able to release after his death in order to ensure they had money. I hope there's at least some truth to the rumour.

[quote name='MrBadExample']And the Beatles and James Brown have been far more influential to music.[/QUOTE]
You act like this somehow discredits everything Michael Jackson has done. Which it doesn't.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Debbie Rowe is only the mother of Prince Michael II and Paris. We don't know who the mother of Prince Michael III (Blanket) is.[/QUOTE]
I know, that's why I said I hope all three of the children go together.

[quote name='cochesecochese']I heard he left behind a huge pile of unreleased (yet fully mastered) material that his kids would be able to release after his death in order to ensure they had money. I hope there's at least some truth to the rumour.[/QUOTE]

He also left behind $400 mil in debt. Though a ton of unreleased music from him could very well make more than that.

[quote name='MrBadExample']I refuse to have any respect for a child molester whether they escape justice or not.

And the Beatles and James Brown have been far more influential to music.[/QUOTE]
James Brown was also accused of armed rape (with a shotgun, no less) and countless instances of domestic violence as well as assaulting a police officer.

When you can prove MJ was a "child molester", then we'll talk.

I remember getting Thriller when I was 8. Even all these years later and with all the crazy stuff in his life between the music, videos, and dancing the man was the greatest entertainer I've ever seen.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']And you know he is a child molester how....?
.[/QUOTE]

I'll answer your question with a question:

Where are all the photos of girls he invited to Neverland?

I've been watching his videos all evening.

There's never, ever gonna be another one like this. Truly, the greatest entertainer.

I miss you, Michael. Thank you for everything. Rest in peace.

[quote name='JJSP']James Brown was also accused of armed rape (with a shotgun, no less) and countless instances of domestic violence as well as assaulting a police officer.

When you can prove MJ was a "child molester", then we'll talk.[/QUOTE]

This post owned. Hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JJSP']James Brown was also accused of armed rape (with a shotgun, no less) and countless instances of domestic violence as well as assaulting a police officer.

When you can prove MJ was a "child molester", then we'll talk.[/QUOTE]
Well said. Some of you people in this thread make me sick. Yes he was ACCUSED (keyword here) of some horrible things, but his music touched billions of people around the world and he did a lot of good in his life. He gave up his childhood, and almost his entire life so that he could use his talents to entertain the world. Have some fucking respect for the man now that he's passed on.

My dad called me today, and he was quite broken up about Michael Jackson's death. Which in turn affected me quite a bit. Thriller was probably the first album I ever heard as a kid. My father would play the vinyl all the time, and ever since I was a fan.

The news is saying that the mother signed away all the rights to the kids... so legally I don't think she can claim them :(

JJSP got a point, most of the haters here just want to troll and antagonize people. He was acquitted of all charges

If don't you like MJ, fine, now GTFO of this thread and go back to living in the basement.

[quote name='ITDEFX']The news is saying that the mother signed away all the rights to the kids... so legally I don't think she can claim them :([/QUOTE]
She had them reinstated in 2005.

damn i just can't believe he's gone, just like that! probably the biggest death of this decade!

jermaine was falling to pieces at the press conference

[quote name='Dead of Knight']He also left behind $400 mil in debt. Though a ton of unreleased music from him could very well make more than that.[/QUOTE]

The firm that was planning the O2 concerts assumed control of his debt. It's their debt now.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']The firm that was planning the O2 concerts assumed control of his debt. It's their debt now.[/QUOTE]
Yep, that really sucks for the firm, but they would have easily come out of debt from his concerts.

They probably have to give the money back, but I have a feeling there will be a lot of fans that will let them keep it as a donation to MJ.

it's insane that anyone could sell out a stadium that size for 50 consecutive shows... even when touring the world it takes a superstar to sell out stadiums, and that's when the star goes to the fans, for what comes around once every couple years.. absolutely crazy to think 1,150,000 tickets were sold at a single stadium for one act in a single summer, no telling how many could've sold if only they had more seats or more shows

also, for those who may be concerned about his debt and who ends up with it, keep in mind elvis has made more money since his death than he did alive.. i wouldn't be at all surprised to see the same be true of mj

[quote name='LoaderLeaker']Yep, that really sucks for the firm, but they would have easily come out of debt from his concerts.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's exactly why they did it. But I agree with Koggit. MJ's albums are already at the top of almost every sales chart as of right now, and I'm sure some kind of retrospective disc will come out in the coming months and top the charts again. Thriller still sells something like 200,000 copies a year.

(That figure may be off, but the point is it sells an astronmical amount for being almost 30 years old.)

It's really sad to see him go. Like many of you guys, I grew up on his music. It's a shame I wasn't able to catch him in concert at least once. I was too young to go see him during the 80s/early 90s, but I was ready to go to this upcoming tour he was supposed to go on. He contributed so much to everyone with his music, and he will be missed. Rest in Peace, Michael.

OK, since he's been dead for like two days now, isn't it about time he get off his lazy butt and started releasing new songs and albums? Is that not the standard operating procedure for dead singers? Tupac, Elvis, etc?

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']OK, since he's been dead for like two days now, isn't it about time he get off his lazy butt and started releasing new songs and albums? Is that not the standard operating procedure for dead singers? Tupac, Elvis, etc?[/QUOTE]

Bad taste.

I would love to have seen a survey conducted yesterday morning asking people their opinion of Michael Jackson, and then I'd like to see that same survey conducted this morning; I'd bet money that the results would be drastically different.

If there's one thing I hate when celebrities die it's that people come out of the woodwork claiming to be the "biggest fans" of the guy. It seems like the hip thing to do today is to tell people you're "listening to Billie Jean in tribute to Michael" or "Remembering all the great Michael Jackson memories". They're making sure they update their Facebook with status messages calling him a legend, or posting one line quips to Twitter that end with "RIP : You Were A Legend".

The people who are saying such things, if asked on Monday if they were big Michael Jackson fans, would probably just shrug their shoulders and say, "Yeah, I like him."; but since the newest meme of the day is pretending you owned every album and went to every concert, they're going to play Thriller on loop.

I enjoyed some of Jackson's music, but I'd never consider myself a big fan, because I'm not a fake person; sadly, I can't say the same thing about a good majority of society.

[quote name='the_punisher']Bad taste.[/QUOTE]

I think bad taste was the crowd at the concert two nights ago cheering at the news of his death.

bread's done
Back