MicroCenter offering +5/+10/+25 on trades

stoned99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
s_eB0907B_36_37.gif

[quote name='phear3d']yeah youre getting me all excited lol! hopefully ill be able to raise enough to buy a 360, maybe! i did check their website it seems like they have the latest prices on games.[/QUOTE]

remember, you can only use 1 coupon PER transaction.

but.... when i called and asked if i could return a game w/o a receipt i was told YES as long as it is still sealed and it is within 30 day of the original purchase. i'm going in this weekend to try a return one of the games i bought and use the store credit with another coupon....basically i will be using 2 coupons on 1 purchase (the one on the game im returning and the new one i add along with my new store credit)

i'll let everyone know this weekend how it goes down.

Can I get someone to verify FOR SURE that they take Dreamcast games? I might have a few old ones that are completely worth trading in!

[quote name='eshbums']The trade-in credit is good on anything in the store (except buying gift cards).

The coupons you receive with the extra 5/10/25 credit states that it's good on gaming department products only.

You get two pieces of paper on your trade in - a printout of your trade-in credits with a barcode on the bottom, and an additional coupon for 5/10/25 off.[/quote]

I assume there is no expiration date for the trade-in credit, right? How about the additional coupon for 5/10/25?

thanks

[quote name='chior']I assume there is no expiration date for the trade-in credit, right? How about the additional coupon for 5/10/25?

thanks[/quote]

It was stated that those expire on Oct 14th I believe.

[quote name='sav2880']Can I get someone to verify FOR SURE that they take Dreamcast games? I might have a few old ones that are completely worth trading in![/QUOTE]

Yes:
Dreamcast
Game Boy
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Color
GameCube
Genesis
Nintendo
Nintendo 64
Nintendo DS
Nintendo Wii
PlayStation
PlayStation 2
PlayStation 3
Sony PSP
Super Nintendo
Xbox
Xbox 360

Wow.

The "one coupon per purchase" put a damper on my enthusiasm (I was picturing myself walking out with a big screen TV). Still, this could be very good for unloading old junk - especially since they take back pretty much anything.

I didn't read the whole 3 pages, but to clarify some things, it sounds like:

1) They take back pretty much any game, any major system, and anything (sports included) qualifies.
2) Demo discs may qualify??? (From above, so those ps2 demos qualify?)
3) Only one 5/15/25 - off coupon may be used per purchase, and cannot be converted into store credit without a lot of hassle and dealing in "the gray area"
4) Coupons expire 10/14
5) Coupons say "gaming only" but have been verified to work in other parts of the store.

Do I have all that right?

[quote name='chosen1s']Wow.

The "one coupon per purchase" put a damper on my enthusiasm (I was picturing myself walking out with a big screen TV). Still, this could be very good for unloading old junk - especially since they take back pretty much anything.

I didn't read the whole 3 pages, but to clarify some things, it sounds like:

1) They take back pretty much any game, any major system, and anything (sports included) qualifies.
2) Demo discs may qualify??? (From above, so those ps2 demos qualify?)
3) Only one 5/15/25 - off coupon may be used per purchase, and cannot be converted into store credit without a lot of hassle and dealing in "the gray area"
4) Coupons expire 10/14
5) Coupons say "gaming only" but have been verified to work in other parts of the store.

Do I have all that right?[/QUOTE]

Yes

I do know for a FACT they WILL NOT take xbox 360 burger king games. That's the only issue I had.

[quote name='chosen1s']I would also like to get someone's opinion on this. Thus far, all of my credit from trading in at Micro Center has been usable on anything in the store...[/quote]

The coupon says in the fine print that it is only usable on game merchandise, but it isn't really enforced.

Wondering if the credits you get at Microcenter are comparable to GS/EB? Got a bunch I'm looking to unload but not sure which promotion will end up being the better value.

[quote name='grendel19']Wondering if the credits you get at Microcenter are comparable to GS/EB? Got a bunch I'm looking to unload but not sure which promotion will end up being the better value.[/QUOTE]

They give very, VERY little for games. There are the occasional surprises, but they are completely unpredictable as prices change frequently. Also, my experience has been that a price reported at one Micro Center is often much different from the price at my Micro Center.

I wouldn't waste my time with this deal if I were you unless you have a stack of sports titles or RTX games you've been waiting to unload (or Super Mario/Duck Hunt/Etc).

[quote name='chosen1s']They give very, VERY little for games. There are the occasional surprises, but they are completely unpredictable as prices change frequently. Also, my experience has been that a price reported at one Micro Center is often much different from the price at my Micro Center.

I wouldn't waste my time with this deal if I were you unless you have a stack of sports titles or RTX games you've been waiting to unload (or Super Mario/Duck Hunt/Etc).[/QUOTE]

The pricing database is updated several times a week, but all stores use the same one...so the prices at one store today will the same as all the other stores, but not necessarily the same as they will be Wednesday.

I got two $25 off coupons. Kinda scared for a moment because when I read them, it sounded like they needed to be scanned when you traded games in. I bought a game to test it and the $25 was taken out automatically when it was scanned.

I'll post the trade in prices I got later (wasn't much as one person said, but it was worth it for the $50 increase) since I have to run, but big thanks to eshbums and everyone else who reported info in this topic.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']
I'll post the trade in prices I got later (wasn't much as one person said, but it was worth it for the $50 increase) since I have to run, but big thanks to eshbums and everyone else who reported info in this topic.[/quote]

we'd appreciate it! we just need a general idea on how their pricing are.

[quote name='phear3d']we'd appreciate it! we just need a general idea on how their pricing are.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Price quotes would be a big help. Especially with the frequently-changing prices as mentioned above.

Here are some trade-in values:

Super Nintendo

Lemmings-2.88
Chessmaster-1.20
Populous-1.20
Gradius III-.90
Ultima VI-2.96
Out of This World with box-1.19
NBA Hangtime with box and manual-2.00
Super Buster Brothers with box and manual-3.33

Dreamcast

Rainbow Six with case and manual-.70

I did my trade at the Madison Heights, MI store. They limit you to 9 games per day.

I think I've lost my receipt but some of the quotes I can remember:

Power Puff Girls: Chemical X-traction (ps1) .90
Gran Turismo 1---- .50
World Series 2k1 .20 (lol)
Geist 3.xx
1080 Avalanche 5.xx
Gran Turismo 4--- 3.90
Space Invaders (n64) .72 (I kinda regret trading this one)
Loaded 1.xx
NBA 2k7 (xbox 360) 6.xx

Man i threw away all my receipts from the 54 games i traded in, but i do remember to surprises:

House of the dead 3 (no gun) XBOX = 6.50
Tombas PS1 = 9.00

the cool part is that i had a TON of PS1 games like 102 dalmations and spongebob and they took them ALL along with the countless 2k1 and older sports titles that are basically impossible to get rid of.

if you have anything good dont take it hear, but if you got a bunch of crap sports and kiddie games DO IT!!

My trades before the extra $25.00

Star Wars Rogue Leader (GC) $2.70 (purchased at a local Sears for 1.44)
Astro Boy (GBA) $6.10
World Championshiop Poker (PS2) $2.00
Lord of the Rings: Third Age (PS2) $3.20
Fight Night Rd 2 (GC) $5.10
Eye of The Beholder (GBA) $2.70
Wing Commander Prophecy (GBA) $2.20 (purchased at kmart long ago for $.01)
World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 PSP (5.60)
Ape Escape 3 (PS2) $5.60

total in trades 35.20 + 25.00 = 60.20. Purchased new copies of Hotel Dusk (DS) and Yggdra Union (GBA) and was given the remaining 4.34 in cash.

here goes my trade in values

XB Tecmo Classic Arcade -2.40
XB Guilty Gear X2 -2.40
XB Golden Eye RA: -2.00
XB Constantine : -2.20
XB Superman returns :whistle2:2.20 (paid that much when CompUSA closed out!)
PS2 WC Poker: -2.00
PS2 RE4: -5.10 (meh should have kept it..since I paid 29.99 when it came out)
PS2 Space Channel 5: -3.70 (paid like 3 dollars for it last month!)
PS2 Crazy Taxi: -3.60 (paid 2 dollars for it at Kmart!!)
NGC Turok Evolution: -1.10

total 26.70 +25 bonus credit! Not bad, but not good :=\

However I used that credit to buy Halo 3 CE for about 20 bucks :)

EB and BB would have given me like 10 for all that and no bonus..

anyways I almost traded in my xb Clonewars/Tetris but they offered me 90 cents for it..bah.

Wow, I have some Sega Genesis games....interesting. I also have some XBOX and some 2006 sports games....might be time to unload them.

The prices appear to be a little bit better than EB or Gamestop ... I got $5.50 for NCAA Football 2007 for the 360 (which you can't sell online for that much this time of year), but this deal is definitely all about the old stuff that's excluded from the other stores, and the things that don't have large value, but give them selection.

I took about 20 games into the store last night, got $27 in credit (most were $1 here, $1 there, sans the NCAA 07 and a couple of PS2 games, even for old crappy NES and SNES, which ain't bad.), got 2 coupons, used one for Halo 3 CE myself. Final cost? $15. :)

Honestly, I think Best Buy (selected stores) had better values when they started testing their trade in program two years ago. Robocop for the xbox which I paid 10 bucks for, gave me 35 bucks... some game based on a takken chick, which I got for 10 bucks as well netted me 50 bucks...and other shitty games got me around 20-30 bucks each... after a few weeks they stabilized the system and started giving shitty prices...but man what a steal!

anyways traded 10 shitty/so so games for 1 good game.. I'll be back in a few days to see how much they are charging for my games, probably in the teens.

The Madison Heights, MI store is no longer accepting Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo games, according to a manager, Jason. He claimed to have received an email stating that old cartridge games were no longer to be accepted. I asked about PS1 games, and he said that he was not sure about them. He said, "We will take PS2 and Xbox because we can sell them, but if we take old games then people will just bring in their garbage, and we won't be able to sell them."

[quote name='emperorx']The Madison Heights, MI store is no longer accepting Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo games, according to a manager, Jason. He claimed to have received an email stating that old cartridge games were no longer to be accepted. I asked about PS1 games, and he said that he was not sure about them. He said, "We will take PS2 and Xbox because we can sell them, but if we take old games then people will just bring in their garbage, and we won't be able to sell them."[/QUOTE]

Dammit, I better dump my shitty psx and genesis sports games soon.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Dammit, I better dump my shitty psx and genesis sports games soon.[/QUOTE]

Not surprising. My store wasnt' happy about the Sega games I brought in. They also gave me the "only 9 trades at a time" business, but allowed me to come back "later" rather than wait a day.

Took advantages of this deal today. Traded in 54 games for $100 in store credit plus $150 in bonus credit. They took PS2, Xbox, PS1, and yes, Super Nintendo games.

[quote name='billg']Took advantages of this deal today. Traded in 54 games for $100 in store credit plus $150 in bonus credit. They took PS2, Xbox, PS1, and yes, Super Nintendo games.[/QUOTE]

holy shit was this you at the Microcenter in Fairfax, VA?!??!!? I was there around 1:30pmish and the guy back there said some guy traded in 54 games..he let me look at the stuff traded in and yes it was PS1 , ps2 , xbox and SNES games! A lot of sports titles you traded in got you under a dollar or so huh? That guy back there was worried I had 50 some trades to do...but I didn't. I only traded in Polarum and PoP battles for the DS. Got that extra 10 so I was able to use it to buy PGR3. Not bad considering I paid about 5 bucks for each.

BTW anyone know how much Superman Returns 360 and ST: Legacy would get back?

damn thats alot of credit for 54 games! $250?!?

anyone know if the Microcenter in Paterson, NJ is taking any trades yet? i called them a few times but nobody ever answers the phone.

[quote name='phear3d']damn thats alot of credit for 54 games! $250?!?

anyone know if the Microcenter in Paterson, NJ is taking any trades yet? i called them a few times but nobody ever answers the phone.[/QUOTE]

I think he got (from what I saw on the receipt about 100 bucks (average game was like 1-2 dollars) , figure that PLUS 25 dollars extra credit for every 9 games...yep he gets a free Wii and just pays tax :)

and yep even at the fairfax, va store it's very hard to get a hold of someone in that department :( like what the fuck are they doing?!?!?

[quote name='ITDEFX']I think he got (from what I saw on the receipt about 100 bucks (average game was like 1-2 dollars) , figure that PLUS 25 dollars extra credit for every 9 games...yep he gets a free Wii and just pays tax :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was me in Fairfax. That poor schmuck in the back had to manually enter the games TWICE because he did it wrong the first time. Took forever, but it gave me time to flirt with this cute cashier up front and grab a donut from the Cracking Grapefruit or whatever that donut place is called. Not too jazzed they let the receipt fly around for public display though...

The guy initially said they didn't take Super Nintendo games, but I waved it off Jedi style and he rung them up with the rest.

To clarify, I didn't receive the $250 as a lump sum. I received $100+ in store credit, plus 6 coupons for $25. I had to remind the games guy that I should receive six coupons, as he initially just gave me one because I traded in "nine or more".

These coupons cannot be combined on the same transaction, so it's not like I could've gotten a free Wii. Not that they had Wiis in the store anyway.

So of course, after I waited a day and a half for these to get rung up, I got to hold up an entire checkout lane for a solid 20 minutes while they manually entered these coupons and then deducted store credit for each transaction. It would've been a lot easier if that same cashier I flirted with was there, but she vanished by then. :(

Also, all the PS1 games were acquired from Gamestop for peanuts. $1-$2 games - 75% off - 10% Edge = about $0.30 per game. Rather than bother with removing stickers, I just took them out of their cases and traded them in no case/no manual. The Super Nintendo games were ancient ones that I bought from a ladyfriend of mine this weekend in exchange for lunch (her meal was $15). The PS2 and Xbox games were leftovers meant for previous trade-in deals (FYE, before they temp-banned me) that were too cheap to be sold on eBay, plus a few I snagged at GameStop when buying the PS1 games. The guy at the Gamestop where I bought all these crap games told me he "loved me" for clearing out some of their garbage inventory. That was... awkward. So:

About 20 PS1 games * $0.30 = $6
About 15 Super Nintendo games * lunch = $15
About 19 PS2/Xbox games * $1.50 = $28.50

So for $50 plus tax, I got $250 in store credit. Not bad at all.

[quote name='billg']Yeah, that was me in Fairfax. That poor schmuck in the back had to manually enter the games TWICE because he did it wrong the first time. Took forever, but it gave me time to flirt with this cute cashier up front and grab a donut from the Cracking Grapefruit or whatever that donut place is called. Not too jazzed they let the receipt fly around for public display though...

The guy initially said they didn't take Super Nintendo games, but I waved it off Jedi style and he rung them up with the rest.

To clarify, I didn't receive the $250 as a lump sum. I received $100+ in store credit, plus 9 coupons for $25. I had to remind the games guy that I should receive six coupons, as he initially just gave me one because I traded in "nine or more".

These coupons cannot be combined on the same transaction, so it's not like I could've gotten a free Wii. Not that they had Wiis in the store anyway.

So of course, after I waited a day and a half for these to get rung up, I got to hold up an entire checkout lane for a solid 20 minutes while they manually entered these coupons and then deducted store credit for each transaction. It would've been a lot easier if that same cashier I flirted with was there, but she vanished by then. :(

Also, all the PS1 games were acquired from Gamestop for peanuts. $1-$2 games minus 75% off = about $0.40 per game. Rather than bother with removing stickers, I just took them out of their cases and traded them in no case/no manual.[/QUOTE]

holy shit that is crazy! Yea that guy in the back looked frustrated. He was glad that I didn't bring in 50 some games. Those people in that department do NOT know what the fuck they are doing...and you CONSTANTLY have to remind them about the promotion or your not going to get jack. I had to talk to 4 managers in that store in order to get the 360 refurb 2 year unlimited exchanges deal a few weeks ago because Joe(?) said no to it even though I had that email thing from Corporate.

Yea I saw your receipt and saw No case no manual. I have some stuff from GS that I want to get rid of too but I don't want to hear "we don't take trade in's from GS!" Funny my gf's brother has several dozen SNES, NES, GBA, GBC games that I am trying to figure out how to get him to give me his shitty titles so I can get him the deal but he's mentally fucked up so I don't think it's a good idea :whistle2:(

How did you really pull off that SNES stuff despite his refusal?

As for the check out line hold up.... so that's why the line was so long today...IT WAS YOU!!! LOLZ!!!

errr..wait a minute.... they gave you TAX BACK!?!?!?! meaning what they gave you PLUS 5 percent on top of that!??!?!

Anyways I did my trade in and over heard a guy with his gf wanting to get a refurbed 360 and was wondering which one to get the premium non hdmi or the hdmi halo 3 bundle. I told the guy the games looks great even with the standard cables and he should try just getting the vga cable and hook it up to his lcd monitor. The trade in guy you talked to didn't know if the old premiums they had for refurb had hdmi support..then suggested that he should buy a VGA to HDMI cable! He shrugged off my advice and the idiot bought the ridiculously overpriced 360 halo 3 edition.

And as for that cute cashier... yea I've seen her around. I think her name is Yolonda but I could be wrong. She looks hispanic, but then there is that other asian girl who looks hot too. I tend to see some very hot women in that store from time to time. :)

However be on the lookout for that old nerdy looking guy in the upgrades department who always wears a suit and tie. Sometimes that guy scares me, other times he annoys me. He tried to sell me a protection plan on one of their cheap flash drives a few years back (I think it was like 5 bucks for the drive!)..other times I see him just go out and say "WELCOME TO MICROCENTER!!!". Always trying to get that extra spiff by pushing something I don't NEED. grrr

[quote name='ITDEFX']
Yea I saw your receipt and saw No case no manual. I have some stuff from GS that I want to get rid of too but I don't want to hear "we don't take trade in's from GS!"[/quote]

Some of my PS2 games had the big ugly yellow circle sticker from Hell from EB/Gamestop and they took it anyway.

[quote name='ITDEFX']
How did you really pull off that SNES stuff despite his refusal? [/quote]

He told me that they don't take SNES games. I looked at him, let out a heavy sigh, and said firmly, "I believe that you do." He didn't say another word and rung them up.

Years of dealing with game store cashiers plus my stern dom attitude often gives me the edge. If you fret and stammer and give them control of the situation, they're going to deny you simply out of convenience. Nobody wants to manually search the database for SNES games. If he can prevent it, he will, and I don't blame him. You need to let them know that it's easier to do as you say and get it over with than try to deny you and have you bring the pain.

[quote name='ITDEFX']As for the check out line hold up.... so that's why the line was so long >today...IT WAS YOU!!! LOLZ!!![/quote]

Nah, the lines were long before I started that six coupon trainwreck. They opened up a register just to process me because the manager knew it was going to be a pain. They put up a sign saying the register was closed, but the people stood behind me anyway because they saw I was getting rung up.

[quote name='ITDEFX']errr..wait a minute.... they gave you TAX BACK!?!?!?! meaning what they gave >you PLUS 5 percent on top of that!??!?![/quote]

Maybe I didn't say that right (it's late and I did like thirty edits to that last post). I did not receive tax back. I'm saying the games cost me $50 plus tax to buy, and I received about $250 credit in return total.

[quote name='ITDEFX']And as for that cute cashier... yea I've seen her around. I think her name is Yolonda but I could be wrong. She looks hispanic, but then there is that other asian girl who looks hot too. I tend to see some very hot women in that store from time to time. :)[/quote]

I thought she was African-American. I don't know. She was cute, and I should've said more to her, but I was still emitting my stern "don't deny my transaction" terseness and didn't warm up to her until it was clear we weren't going anywhere for a while.

ok so after 5 phone calls i finally found someone to speak to but unfortunately the Paterson, NJ microcenter still doesn't take trade ins. the guy told me he doesn't know when it'll take effect.

i did however, called the store in long island and they do take trade ins. i might head over there but they are too far away from nyc.

[quote name='phear3d']ok so after 5 phone calls i finally found someone to speak to but unfortunately the Paterson, NJ microcenter still doesn't take trade ins. the guy told me he doesn't know when it'll take effect.

i did however, called the store in long island and they do take trade ins. i might head over there but they are too far away from nyc.[/QUOTE]

I had an idea to help you out, but if your nearest microcenter isn't participating in the trade in program, then they *might* not accept the 25 dollars extra credit coupon. Hmm...

so it might be too much of a hassle to do this.

so i just got back from the long island, ny micro center. heres what i traded in:

space channel 5 - $3.60
max payne - $1.70
agent under fire 007 - .42 (it was all scratched up)
espn nba 2night - $1.10

[quote name='phear3d']so i just got back from the long island, ny micro center. heres what i traded in:

space channel 5 - $3.60
max payne - $1.70
agent under fire 007 - .42 (it was all scratched up)
espn nba 2night - $1.10

[quote name='ITDEFX']The trip from NYC to Long Island must have taken forever, espically haling that shit around.[/quote]

i drove actually. the drive wasnt too bad its just that it was in long island, which i refuse to go to for my cag shopping (theres always too much traffic there).

So I did this deal at the Columbus, OH location on Sunday. With Orange Box and Halo 3 out, I decided that getting two $25 coupons for junk in my old video game bin was a solid deal, so I packed up a big bunch of junk (Madden 02 GC, NFL Quarterback Club SNES, Popeye for the NES, etc.) and went in. The highest amount I got for any game was ~$4 for Timesplitters 2 GC, most of them were very low ($0.60ish).

In the end, I didn't give up anything of any real value or anything I had played in the last 3 years and I walked out with Halo 3 for $20 and another $25 off coupon that I'm going to use on Orange Box. The process was simple, he rang up the games while I looked around the video games section and off I went. Great deal if you force yourself to admit that you will never play a large portion of the games you have ever again. (Sorry N64, we had a good run)

oooo

i think they are going to ban me from Microcenter after this :)

Traded 18 shitty PS1/DC games that I bought from game stop , turned in 9 xb/ps2 games from my personal collection, and 2 ds cheap games. Ended up with about 120 dollars in store credit and certificates. I was about 100 bucks short of the PSP bundle so I headed BACK to that same GS and just to be on the safe side...BOUGHT 108 SHITTY PS1/DC Sports games!!! for about 20-30 cents a pop.

Came back 90 minutes later and they shot me down :( They said they will only let me do 4 transactions (4 niners) a day. So they let me do in another 4 groups and I walked out with about $110 in store credit :)

I say by tomorrow or Wednesday I should have a total of 400 dollars in credit.

200px-Mo'_Money_(DVD_cover).jpg

damn it, if only they had a Wii instock.

It took the GS guy 90 minutes to ring up 108 games...geez :(

I would have finished this, but I had to be at work at 2:45 and I just barely made it! Got to use it by the 14th though :(

btw that black girl the other poster was talking about was working the front lanes today... very cute :)

[quote name='ITDEFX']oooo

Traded 18 shitty PS1/DC games that I bought from game stop , turned in 9 xb/ps2 games from my personal collection, and 2 ds cheap games. Ended up with about 120 dollars in store credit and certificates. I was about 100 bucks short of the PSP bundle so I headed BACK to that same GS and just to be on the safe side...BOUGHT 108 SHITTY PS1/DC Sports games!!! for about 20-30 cents a pop.

Came back 90 minutes later and they shot me down :( They said they will only let me do 4 transactions (4 niners) a day. So they let me do in another 4 groups and I walked out with about $110 in store credit :)

damn it, if only they had a Wii instock.[/QUOTE]

Just FYI, the $25 coupon (with T25 under the UPC code) will only work once per transaction. Great if you want to buy small items that can be rung up separately, but not on big ticket items.

[quote name='ITDEFX']oooo

200px-Mo'_Money_(DVD_cover).jpg

damn it, if only they had a Wii instock.

It took the GS guy 90 minutes to ring up 108 games...geez :(

I would have finished this, but I had to be at work at 2:45 and I just barely made it! Got to use it by the 14th though :([/quote]

geez i thought i was crazy. i plan to go back sometime this week when its not too busy. i have a bunch more ps1 games to trade in. i plan to get the halo 3 xbox360 eventually. i think i could do it this way easily. it says though on the flyer thats its only until 10/14? 2 more weeks i guess.

[quote name='eshbums']Just FYI, the $25 coupon (with T25 under the UPC code) will only work once per transaction. Great if you want to buy small items that can be rung up separately, but not on big ticket items.[/QUOTE]

read billg's responses in this thread.. we both know they tend to whine about not falling thru with there deals at our store, but if you stay firm, it should work out. It worked out for him. They had NO problems with me using the credits to buy a PSP with it....when and if I do buy it. A wii would be nice.. So far there are no exceptions so if comes up on the system, you get credit. Go for cheap stuff like under a dollar so your hit won't be as bad.

[quote name='ITDEFX']read billg's responses in this thread.. we both know they tend to whine about not falling thru with there deals at our store, but if you stay firm, it should work out. It worked out for him. They had NO problems with me using the credits to buy a PSP with it....when and if I do buy it. A wii would be nice.. So far there are no exceptions so if comes up on the system, you get credit. Go for cheap stuff like under a dollar so your hit won't be as bad.[/QUOTE]

The receipts you get for the trade-in yes, you can use 100 of those on each transaction. It's the coupon that you get for the extra $25 that can't be used more than once on a receipt.

[quote name='eshbums']The receipts you get for the trade-in yes, you can use 100 of those on each transaction. It's the coupon that you get for the extra $25 that can't be used more than once on a receipt.[/QUOTE]

it's gonna be a YMMV situation then :whistle2:\

If you stick it to them, they will cave in. Heck my refurbed 360 controller started breaking down for some reason and they wanted me to bring in my entire 360 in just to exchange the damn controller and it's less than 30 days old! I sticked it to the manager and got another controller from another refurbed system.

[quote name='ITDEFX']it's gonna be a YMMV situation then :whistle2:\

If you stick it to them, they will cave in. [/QUOTE]

I wish you luck, but the way the system is set up, the coupon codes (T25, T10, T5 and NIN10) will only work once on each receipt.

well it worked... however I got into a heated argument with the manager over the promotion.

Cliff note version of the 2 hour situation.

-the guy in the gaming department tried to rip me off by giving me what appears to be the upcoming NEW promotion coupon which says Trade 5 and get 10 dollars extra credit So expect that to be the new deal after 10/14/07
I told him it's 25 for every 9, I had 36 games traded in.

-He went to talk to the manager...and said the same thing.

-Finally got the manager. He said he would only give me 2 of those 25 for 9trades coupons out of 4 transactions.

-I responded by getting pissed of where it said in the promotion that? Since it was 4 diffrent transactions, it would be 4 25$ coupons.

-I told them then I want to void the transactions of the two receipts and take my games back. After a bit of trying he couldn't do it so he decided to let it side.

-I told him call cooperate right now because they are the one's that are providing the promotion. The manager is being a bitch by not honoring cooperates policy. I also threated to report it to the BBB.

-He finally caves in and says he will give me the other coupons like the deal states but after today NO MORE.

-He also states I have to use the credits TODAY or else he will not honor anything in the future. I told him I want a system.. He offered me the 360/PS3 but I didn't want it since I already had a 360.

-I said I want a Wii...he says he's got and and 10 mins later I got a brand new Wii (with wii sports!)

-Since I needed to use the credits TODAY (all 400!) I needed to get more stuff so I picked up another Wii Mote, charging station, Metroid Prime 3 and svideo cable.

-Brought it to the front register... the lady had problems ringing everything up...so she called another manager, which already had a conversation with the manager I argued with and they are going to let it slide but I am NOT to bring in same game trades EVER AGAIN!

-He pennied OUT EVERYTHING !

holy shit

They really, I mean really need to get there act together. If it said EXCLUSIONS APPLY..SEE STORES FOR DETAILS ..then yea I would be shot down big time. That manager who I argued with refused to tell me the specifics of the deal like only a total of 4 transactions per customer Per day or anything. If he said that then I could have come back over the next 2 days to finish up the rest. Unforuntily now I have about 36 psx games worth 8 bucks in the back of my car.

They need to get this promotion straighten out quick and their employee's better trained, other wise people are going to start bringing in shitty games and getting shit load of store credit. I know the employees are planning to take advantage of this promo.

Billg, did they ever ask you for your id , address and phone number? They were suppose to take this with signature but they didn't do it for me in all my transactions.

bread's done
Back