Microsoft emailing 2 free month codes for XBL Gold

SINNED

CAGiversary!
"Thanks for being a part of our Xbox LIVE® community. We want to show our appreciation for members like you and let you enjoy even more great experiences with us by giving you two free months of Gold membership*. So chat, share, play and enjoy the best that Xbox LIVE has to offer–on us!

Claim your 2 free months of Xbox LIVE Gold with these redemption codes in-console or online at Xbox.com."

Im guessing this is because ive been silver for so long. Not sure if they sent this to everyone.

EDIT: DotW does work with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with members who have been Gold for "X"+ years, is that Microsoft KNOWS you'll just keep coming back.

I disagree with everyone singling this out for silver members or new members. I'm on year 5 of GOLD XBL and I received this e-mail today. I am a part of their rewards program and received 160 points for signing up for netflix and renewing with a pre-paid card back in January. I'm liking this more giving XBL. I received a couple of avatar items as well.

[quote name='leesiulung']I know this program is no longer available, but how did you sign up? Was it only for select people that received invites?[/QUOTE]

It was a sign-up only deal that started last year. Only 30,000 people got in.

Microsoft Rewards Page:

Welcome to Xbox LIVE Rewards Pilot
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a test program and all test participants have already been notified of their acceptance. The pilot enrollment is currently closed, and we have no plans to expand the test groups at this time. If this should change, we may decide to notify additional prospective test participants by sending out additional invitations. If you’ve received your notification of acceptance already, thank you for participating in this pilot!
In other words, there are members getting free points and cool stuff. But MS does not feel the need to expand this great program to other paying customers.

I'm in the rewards program, although I've still yet to take advantage of it. This 2-month free gold is the first freebie/discount I've received.

Maybe I should look into buying a few things to get my discounts now, before the program ends!

Hmm this doesnt seem to be a real gold subscription. The deal of the week doesnt give me a discount.

[quote name='SINNED']Hmm this doesnt seem to be a real gold subscription. The deal of the week doesnt give me a discount.[/QUOTE]

that sucks. e-mail/tweet microsoft/major nelson about it.

[quote name='doodofdoods']that sucks. e-mail/tweet microsoft/major nelson about it.[/QUOTE]

It's probably the trial which never give you gold exclusive deals. It only allows you to play online.

Anyway I got one of these email too.

[quote name='luan87us']It's probably the trial which never give you gold exclusive deals. It only allows you to play online.

Anyway I got one of these email too.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather not use it then. Wouldn't want to miss a good DOTW.

Ive been a gold member for at least 7 years and got this (in addition to the rewards program previously this year)

Either this is completely random, or its being sent to peoples accounts that were canceled and then renewed. One of those is my best guess

[quote name='doodofdoods']I'd rather not use it then. Wouldn't want to miss a good DOTW.[/QUOTE]

Actually I made a mistake. Forgot to re-sign in after I put in the code. DotW does work with this.

I've been a Gold member for the past 3 years and am still a member. I received the e-mail. I found it odd, since I figured they'd be giving them to Silver members.

I'm also a part of one of the rewards programs (the crappier ones for already existing Gold members), so that might have something to do with it.

I've been a Gold member for several years and was currently paid through June of next year (thanks to that Amazon sale a few weeks back), and got the email.

Been an XBL member for 7 years, currently a member of the Rewards program, and I did NOT get one of these e-mails. Methinks it's just random, and not tied into any pre-existing status.

[quote name='darknight88']Sir, hook me up!! please? 1 month only.[/QUOTE]

Why are you begging over something that costs $8?

[quote name='shoe478']Why are you begging over something that costs $8?[/QUOTE]

Technically they stop making them, so maybe that's why he's asking.

I got the email too, which is good since my subscription runs out in April and I DIDN'T take advantage of the recent sales on subscription cards. Gives me time to wait for another sale.

Im also in the Rewards Program (which is pretty awesome) and got this email. , and i just realized that my Gold subscription had run out as well. I'm guessing that's just simply coincidence.

V : Ah, guess that's why my X360 gamer tag Id has a Silver box around it, instead of gold. lol

I got them and they worked without a hitch. I've never cancelled my account, so I doubt that has anything to do with it. Now I don't have to worry about renewal until December...

I've been a gold member for at least 6 years and I am part of the rewards program.

I got the email yesterday and redeemed the 2 months without any problems.

I'm supposed to be in the rewards program but haven't received my codes. I'm also still waiting on my free sonic download for renewing my subscription 2 years ago :p

bread's done
Back