Microsoft Point contest(and other prizes)!

[quote name='Artrigis']Hrm.. while I'm here. What are peoples thoughts on these MSP?
1. Is everyone rushing to redeem and spend them immediately for fear of them being taken away?
2. Just rushing to redeem them to your account, thinking once they are there they're safe?
3. No fear at all and all sitting unused in a word document?

I've been going with 1.[/QUOTE]
Well I've got a word doc, have some in my account, and have spent some so I guess I am inpartial to any. Also, I have given away about 2k to friends.

[quote name='JediJames2']And of course this contest happens right after I redeemed a 1600 point card last week, doh lol[/QUOTE]oh tell me about it, I just bought a 4000 card from a guy here at CAG, check out my marketplace lol!

hey it's tomorrow already and all my emails (4) didn't win jack it must be because people are winning using their bazillion (fake) emails so STOP IT. Though even though I said it nobody will stop at all.

[quote name='Xuang']hey it's tomorrow already and all my emails (4) didn't win jack it must be because people are winning using their bazillion (fake) emails so STOP IT. Though even though I said it nobody will stop at all.[/QUOTE]

Another ignorant baboon blaming others because they can't read the thread.

No clue about any bannings re: bing exploit, but I know there were accounts blocked due to the $1 a month from Jack's Links. If you clicked it twice, whether due to lag or because it allowed you to get a second month for a $1, it locked the account via billing until you called it in.

[quote name='Foladar']No clue about any bannings re: bing exploit, but I know there were accounts blocked due to the $1 a month from Jack's Links. If you clicked it twice, whether due to lag or because it allowed you to get a second month for a $1, it locked the account via billing until you called it in.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up, I am sure we are all banned before long, but what do they expect? Should have locked it to Windows Live IDs

[quote name='Foladar']No clue about any bannings re: bing exploit, but I know there were accounts blocked due to the $1 a month from Jack's Links. If you clicked it twice, whether due to lag or because it allowed you to get a second month for a $1, it locked the account via billing until you called it in.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like it had to go through actual charges with MS though. This is just winning codes from a list of 190,000 that were set aside for a contest. I don't see them doing anything. If anything, it's the websites fault for being set up badly.

That said, I made enough to buy both Resident Evil HD ports, so I'll stop for now. If nothing's happened by tomorrow I'll grab some more.

i think as long as u use a real adress u alwayz win i made a few fakes ones and lost all the time made some real ones from where i use to live

[quote name='SIX min WHISTLE']That sounds like it had to go through actual charges with MS though. This is just winning codes from a list of 190,000 that were set aside for a contest. I don't see them doing anything. If anything, it's the websites fault for being set up badly.

That said, I made enough to buy both Resident Evil HD ports, so I'll stop for now. If nothing's happened by tomorrow I'll grab some more.[/QUOTE]

That's my thinking as well, since it was billed as $1 numerous times, they put a block on the account for billing reasons. I couldn't find any word about the bing exploit to provide though.

[quote name='GUNNM']tried 8 accounts didn't win one[/QUOTE]

rpmboy's guide to winning this contest
-different email, address, and maybe name (John Smith is working 100% for me)
-real address
-use mailcatch

this thing comes in handy for helping people

[quote name='garrett007']What happened during this bing exploit that made people to lose their accounts?[/QUOTE]
Not sure if they mean this one but back when they gave you 125 points for referrals on bing you could create 3-4 hotmails a day and essentially get 100 free ms points a day.

[quote name='rpmboy']rpmboy's guide to winning this contest
-different email, address, and maybe name (John Smith is working 100% for me)
-real address
-use mailcatch

this thing comes in handy for helping people[/QUOTE]
thanks I'll try it out

[quote name='GUNNM']Not sure if they mean this one but back when they gave you 125 points for referrals on bing you could create 3-4 hotmails a day and essentially get 100 free ms points a day.[/QUOTE]

Hence why referrals are now 5 refs for 25 points. 125 points = 100 msp.

[quote name='rpmboy']Hence why referrals are now 5 refs for 25 points. 125 points = 100 msp.[/QUOTE]
hrm hmm
my luck stinks I can't win nathan

[quote name='rpmboy']real address?[/QUOTE]
Yup I followed rpmboy's guide to successful MS point retrieval and didn't win one. Oh well its just karma after that bing exploit I suppose.

[quote name='GUNNM']Yup I followed rpmboy's guide to successful MS point retrieval and didn't win one. Oh well its just karma after that bing exploit I suppose.[/QUOTE]

If its karma, then I should be in debt. My emails are leftovers from that bing exploit ;)

[quote name='iKnowledge']looks like they may have shut it down, losing now[/QUOTE]
I lost two times in a row then I won again, I amthinking those two times I lost was for me accidentally putting in wrong addresses

[quote name='Markew001']So did either of you get banned for that bing exploit?[/QUOTE]
Nope got a lot of points and haven't been banned but I also saved a lot them in fear of a banning. I put around 6k on my account and saved another 8k.

[quote name='Markew001']So did either of you get banned for that bing exploit?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, this seems more similar to the glitch where people changed a url and got a bunch of free 160 msp, 48 hr codes and banshee avatars than the bing glitch. If I recall correctly, Microsoft said it lost $2 million and no one was banned.

That being said, I am a little cautious about this one.

I'm o for 13 emails. To further exploit this you don't need to make a new account just hit back and you can keep using your current e-mail

[quote name='iKnowledge']looks like they may have shut it down, losing now[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I haven't won in about 7 tries

Some of my accounts did, a few survived though. Nothing happened past closing the bing accounts.

Guys I just won so yeah.

Once it comes I'm going to PM it to GUNNM

EDIT:[quote name='DaKid469']I didn't start until a few hours ago. I only made off with less than 2k[/QUOTE]
got 2780

[quote name='rpmboy']Guys I just won so yeah.

Once it comes I'm going to PM it to GUNNM[/QUOTE]
I don't need MS points I'm set for a while give it to someone else or keep it for yourself thanks anyways

It's possible that they have a daily allotment and then it comes down to chance from there. That's what Jack In The Box had on their Gears of War 3 DLC promo. After midnight ->midday/late evening would be 100% wins. Often 5pm-midnight PST would be 33-66% wins.

[quote name='GUNNM']I don't need MS points I'm set for a while give it to someone else or keep it for yourself thanks anyways[/QUOTE]

ok then I'll keep it
btw i won like 2 mins ago so not out

I tried about 10 emails using the same info last night and got nothing, then throughout the day switched to different/real names and addresses for 6 emails and still nothing. I give up.

Not winning at all, tried about 15 different emails in the last 10 minutes. Guess I was too late. :(

Anyone wanna donate some extra points they got?! (or trade them for some online passes/avatar items?)

bread's done
Back