Medal of Honor Warfighter
NBA 2K13 [OOS]
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Nike+ Kinect Training ($49.99)
Resident Evil 6

Each of the games listed are available with the offer. They include:

•$10 gift card for future orders at MicrosoftStore.com
•1600 Microsoft Points

*Offer valid from September 4, 2012 through close of business on November 19, 2012. Other conditions with respect to preorder may apply. Gift card (in-store purchases) or Promo Code (online purchases) and 1600 Xbox Live points will be issued upon redemption of preordered product and eligibility will be verified with receipt upon redemption. No photocopies or facsimiles of receipt will be accepted. Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash. Other conditions on use of gift card may apply. Limit one per customer.

*A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped (or the product is made available for download).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bojay1997']Well, you can stack Amazon credits usually and last year Microsoft gave away gift cards instead of coupons which could also be stacked. Similarly, Best Buy RZ certs can be stacked. You're right though that many retailers will not allow you stack actual coupons of this type towards a future purchase.[/QUOTE]

that's credit though. it's like you have actual money on the site to to say. a coupon is just money off if you get what i'm saying or are you talking about stacking MS credit with the 10$ off MS coupon?

[quote name='Scouter']off the top of my head i can't think of any place that lets you stack coupons so it doesn't make sense why people would get angry over it.[/QUOTE]

If you read my post before I said: amazon stacks, newegg stacks, bestbuy stacks

I just ordered 4 nba 2k13 games with the $10 bonus code from newegg, and I used all 4 in 1 order. Same thing with amazon

[quote name='jrr6415sun']If you read my post before I said: amazon stacks, newegg stacks, bestbuy stacks

I just ordered 4 nba 2k13 games with the $10 bonus code from newegg, and I used all 4 in 1 order. Same thing with amazon[/QUOTE]

ok

[quote name='jrr6415sun']If you read my post before I said: amazon stacks, newegg stacks, bestbuy stacks

I just ordered 4 nba 2k13 games with the $10 bonus code from newegg, and I used all 4 in 1 order. Same thing with amazon[/QUOTE]

but that's applying the same coupon code across all 4 products. that's not using different codes. you can't stack different codes. like if you had a $10 code. and you had a $12 code.

M$ Points

Okay, if you add them to your account, through Xbox Marketplace,
you might have to log out/back in, in order to see them.

You'll find the code, inside of your confirmation e-mail.

[quote name='dirtyvu']but that's applying the same coupon code across all 4 products. that's not using different codes. you can't stack different codes. like if you had a $10 code. and you had a $12 code.[/QUOTE]

i'm not sure what you're talking about.. when amazon gives me a $10 code they let me stack as many as I want and they are all different

the different codes should stack, ofcourse if it's the same code it won't stack

Forza horizon says it comes with the GC and code but when I add it to cart it doesn't show up? When I called they told me it was "out of stock" but how can it be out of stock when I can add it to the cart?

Just got the code for the All-Star Weekend pre-order DLC for NBA 2K13. I thought ordering from the Microsoft Store, I wouldn't get it, so a nice surprise.

[quote name='kidkash03']Just got the code for the All-Star Weekend pre-order DLC for NBA 2K13. I thought ordering from the Microsoft Store, I wouldn't get it, so a nice surprise.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm wonder if that means people who order black ops 2 will get nuketown 2025 map. I really hope so.

Same here. Just got the email for the all star weekend for NBA 2k13. Now if only I can get the Borderland 2 premiere club code.....

[quote name='jrr6415sun']Forza horizon says it comes with the GC and code but when I add it to cart it doesn't show up? When I called they told me it was "out of stock" but how can it be out of stock when I can add it to the cart?[/QUOTE]

I actually ordered Forza Horizon using this deal two days ago. The additional items didn't appear in my cart, so I called in. They told me it was available and the deals were still good, so I completed the order online.

If they try to tell me otherwise, I have the reference number of the call where it was confirmed that it was still available. Plus, their website clearly states it's good for all preorders on eligible games made before November 20th.

[quote name='Central Scrutinizer']I actually ordered Forza Horizon using this deal two days ago. The additional items didn't appear in my cart, so I called in. They told me it was available and the deals were still good, so I completed the order online.

If they try to tell me otherwise, I have the reference number of the call where it was confirmed that it was still available. Plus, their website clearly states it's good for all preorders on eligible games made before November 20th.[/QUOTE]

well good luck with that.. i stayed away from the trouble

the rep told me that they were "out of stock" of the codes but I could buy the game by itself. But the rep was just saying random stuff I think to get me off the phone.

First she said the whole game was out of stock. And I said no I can add it to my cart and checkout. Then she said, "let me ask my manager" she came back and said it was instock but the coupon was only for the limited edition and that edition was sold out. I told her no I'm on the page right now it clearly says you get a coupon with the normal version. Then she said "ok let me ask my manager" then she said the coupon deal expired and I said no it doesn't expire until Novemember. Then she told me the game was in stock but they sold out of all their coupons because it was "such a popular game". She also told me halo 4 was sold out but then I placed an order for halo 5 minutes later.

I don't know i'm not going to mess with microsoft when they have reps that don't know what they're talking about... I would not believe one word they tell you

Got the NBA 2k13 all-star code. Crosses fingers for black ops2 nuketown code. Has anyone asked about getting nuketown from ms store ?

I am divided about my msft experience. Order Borderlands 2, kinect sesame street, just dance 4, and blops 2. Received all the games released so far on release date. Got my bl2 and just dance 4 codes one day after the game arrived. I didn't get kinect ss codes until I made numerous phone calls with reps that a very limited knowledge of English and continually followed a script. I think it took 4 calls I made and after the 4th call I got daily call backs (sometime several a day) to see if I got my codes and if they could close the case. I even received one call at 1145 at night. Each call I made I received a different answer. In the end I got the codes but it was a mess for the one game.

Than we all got the email about the cancelled jd4 and dishonored orders. Msft gave us the game for free and also the codes. This was above and beyond cs IMHO. To date I don't see a charge for the game some think they really did give us the items.

I am conflicted about my blops 2 order. I know when I ordered the game it showed the offer but my order email and my order page don't show the the item like the rest of the games. If there is an issue my interaction with their cs was poor but when things worked it went fine . I guessing the end I will leave it since I got just dance 4 and the codes for that one for free so I still come out ahead.

[quote name='LiteOnMe']Got the NBA 2k13 all-star code. Crosses fingers for black ops2 nuketown code. Has anyone asked about getting nuketown from ms store ?[/QUOTE]

I emailed them asking if they would supply the nuketown pre order map like all other major retailers were, but havent gotten a reply back.

My main concern right now is that blops 2 will be out of stock before i get my 10 dollar code from assassins creed 3. Hope not.

I had a frustrating conversation with customer support today.

Okay, some back story. I preordered Forza Horizon and Just Dance 4 together in the same order. Just Dance 4 got canceled but they fixed the problem and it arrived on the launch date. A day later, I got the email with the 1600 points promo code (not the actual 1600 points Xbox Live code) and the $10 store code. I clicked on the email link and went to redeem the promo code which dropped the $19.99 down to 0. And then clicked to download it. The process failed. I tried again and it said the code was already redeemed.

So I call them today and the first guy was totally incompetent. He kept referencing Forza Horizon and its 1600 points card despite me insisting I was talking about Just Dance 4. And he kept referencing the day that Forza Horizon was going to ship (October 23). I kept pushing Just Dance 4 until he finally got it. And then he did more checking. And came back with this... He said that the code was already redeemed in their system and that they weren't going to give me another code. I told him I never got my 1600 point code. That it had errored. He said it was free anyway and that the order had been canceled and that was the end of that. No matter how many times I tried to explain it to him in different ways, he basically just said, we already gave it to you. We're not going to give it to you again. And this process took 25 excruciating minutes (thank goodness cell phones track your talk time).

Now I know I got the game for free and basically came away with more than I could've expected. But if you say you'll still provide the 1600 points and still provide the store coupon, you should honor it.

I called back again to talk to a different guy and the whole conversation took 2 minutes. While he didn't resolve the problem, he did escalate the issue and said I'd be getting an email within 24 hours. And he definitely knew a lot more than the other guy.

Lessons I learned from this and some recent tips I received:
1) I should've done separate orders for Forza Horizon and Just Dance 4 because of all the 1600 point codes and the $10 codes. In case anything happened like this case. It makes it easier for problems to be resolved when there are less variables.

2) I love Chrome but it's messed up a few times at a couple of sites. And some people told me the Microsoft Store is much more reliable with Firefox and IE. Before, I had noticed little problems with Chrome and the website but I was just window shopping before. Now, when money was on the line, Chrome messed up for me. I'm not indicting Chrome. Lots of sites work great with Chrome. Just not the MS Store site.

Just to let you all know, I got Fable Cancelled, then got the "It's Yours Free" Email. The Charge was on My Credit Card till Wednesday then dropped off. Well guess what, I checked my band statement again and got recharged for Fable today. I just got an email telling me I've been charged. Check your statement everyone that got a free game.

[quote name='rogus']Just to let you all know, I got Fable Cancelled, then got the "It's Yours Free" Email. The Charge was on My Credit Card till Wednesday then dropped off. Well guess what, I checked my band statement again and got recharged for Fable today. I just got an email telling me I've been charged. Check your statement everyone that got a free game.[/QUOTE]

Same thing just happened to me. This is really ridiculous. I think instead of calling Microsoft and dealing with their limited English proficient staff, I am going to just call my credit card company followed by a lengthy e-mail to Consumerist. This is fraud, pure and simple.

I got a call this morning from a supervisor (Chris) asking if I received my game (JD4) and the $10 code and MS points ok, which I did and used both ok. There's no pending authorization or new charge from MS on my card right now.

I also got the email that I am going to be charged for fable. I still have a pending charge from 10/9 for fable but it has not gone through yet. I do not have a new charge... so if the one from 10/9 is still pending I hope that it will drop off...

but we will see

I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere but I was at the microsoft store and they had the bing it on challenge and I got a free $25 card and I got the 1600 ms points for free.I'm not sure if you can use it towards the pre orders but someone can try if they want

Also got the email that I am going to be charged. But it only lists the pre-order bonus gaunlets. Is this what you guys got?

"The product that you pre-ordered is now available and your credit card will be charged. Please look for MS *Microsoft Store on your credit card statement."

"Product Name: Fable: The Journey Gauntlets of Fire
Quantity Ordered: 1
Release Date: 10/12/2012"

I have no unexpected charge or hold on my card that I've been using for Microsoft Store purchases.

[quote name='loomis1975']Also got the email that I am going to be charged. But it only lists the pre-order bonus gaunlets. Is this what you guys got?[/QUOTE]
This is what I got, and it is quite odd, since the DLC would have been free anyway, and the email doesn't list the game itself. I still have pending charges for Fable and Just Dance, but I can't tell if they will fall off or not yet.

alright, I haven't gotten any kind of email or charge yet for Just Dance 4...

what I'm asking is... what are you guys doing about it? are you fighting the charge because it was free and was said to be free?

definitely for those that got charged twice, you should fight it.

But I think that we ordered the product, expecting to pay. And we did get it on launch day. I guess I wouldn't feel so bad if we got everything we had intended (game, 1600 points card, $10 code) if they decided to bill us. It does suck that they couldn't let a goodwill gesture go. That would go a long way toward customer loyalty.

I'm definitely fighting everything until I get what was intended. I still don't have a 1600 points code. But if they deliver on the code and decide to charge me for the whole package, I guess losing what was never expected wouldn't be so bad.

[quote name='dirtyvu']alright, I haven't gotten any kind of email or charge yet for Just Dance 4...

what I'm asking is... what are you guys doing about it? are you fighting the charge because it was free and was said to be free?

definitely for those that got charged twice, you should fight it.

But I think that we ordered the product, expecting to pay. And we did get it on launch day. I guess I wouldn't feel so bad if we got everything we had intended (game, 1600 points card, $10 code) if they decided to bill us. It does suck that they couldn't let a goodwill gesture go. That would go a long way toward customer loyalty.

I'm definitely fighting everything until I get what was intended. I still don't have a 1600 points code. But if they deliver on the code and decide to charge me for the whole package, I guess losing what was never expected wouldn't be so bad.[/QUOTE]

To me it's credit card fraud. They cancelled my order. I was fine with that. They then told me they would send me the item for free. I was also fine with that. Then, they allegedly charged our cards again. That's fraud. they made an unauthorized charge to my card.

[quote name='steelcurtain11']Could you use the $25 gc with halo 4 to buy a digital 1600 points card? Or do they have some random rule against doing that on their site[/QUOTE]

You can, but a 1600 points card is $20, so you're forfeitting the extra $5. It's not like an amazon gift card where you keep the remaining balance.

Sucks to hear how much trouble you guys are having with the MS store. That's low of them if they promise a free game and try to sneak a charge on your credit card. Has anyone been charged for canceled orders? I have a few and I'm thinking of cancelling my last - ACIII - with them.

Sorry for my ignorance, but could someone explain what's going on with some of y'all with the charges issue?

I see that Microsoft apparently offered a free game only to charge you all for it, I just don't know where that's coming from. Did you all purchase multiple pre-orders only to be told that you'd only get one $10 GC + 1600 points? Or is this a problem throughout all games and sizes of the purchase?

Just wondering if I should pre-order Halo 4 through them or go for the instant $15 off from Newegg today.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']Sorry for my ignorance, but could someone explain what's going on with some of y'all with the charges issue?

I see that Microsoft apparently offered a free game only to charge you all for it, I just don't know where that's coming from. Did you all purchase multiple pre-orders only to be told that you'd only get one $10 GC + 1600 points? Or is this a problem throughout all games and sizes of the purchase?

Just wondering if I should pre-order Halo 4 through them or go for the instant $15 off from Newegg today.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft Store canceled certain preorders days before release - Fable: the Journey and Just Dance 4 among them. Not only were customers upset about not getting their game release date, they missed out on the bonuses and their customer service was mostly useless. As an apology MS told them they were gonna give them the games for free. Now some people are saying that they received e-mails they are being billed, and the charge is on their accounts.

As for me I decided to keep my ACIII preorder, deal's to good to pass up on one game. It seems when people order several games things get messy. Besides I already cancelled three preorders from MS store: I'm getting Halo 4 from newegg, Warfighter beta kinda sucked, and Black Ops 2 can wait until Christmas.

Two things:

1. Yes, you receive an email telling you they are going to charge your credit card and the charge might show up on your account

2. No, you won't actually be charged. The charge will be cancelled / reversed almost immediately (it takes your bank up to 48 hours to update on that).

I just double checked, and there are no charges to my credit card related to Fable: The Journey, which I already received (on launch day, along with the promotional codes). So instead of freaking out because of an erroneous email, call your bank.

Also I want to say this was entirely automatic. I haven't had to send a single email or call them. I got the email about the charge yes, but said charge is nowhere to be seen in my account.

well, i still havent received my copy of fable. my card was charged, my order never cancelled, but its still tied up in shipping somewhere...

I got an email back from MS store about the Nuketown 2025 map. This is what they said.

After reviewing this game, I was able to confirm that Nuketown 2025 is not part of the preorder special. At this time, our pre-order specials include the 1600 Xbox points and a $10 coupon code instead of the additional Nuketown 2025. I do apologize.

Sounds to me like they just went to the page, didnt see anything about nuketown 2025, and told me no. As if nuketown is not part of their pre order special. Oh well, guess i will see for sure when i order it.

[quote name='jhferry']Dance Central 3 OOS? Just says unavailable.[/QUOTE]

I placed my order last Thursday (10/11), and was anticipating receiving a shipment confirmation sometime this afternoon, as others had received in the past for their pre-orders. When I log back into the online store, and check my order, I notice my order status still says "In Process". Very weird, as I see it's not even showing on the site for sale. I did notice also that my credit card didn't have any activity until last night when MS placed a "temp authorization" for the amount of the order.
As this is my VERY FIRST experience and order with MS, (even after reading and seeing the drama over the past month with pre-orders and trying to get codes), I'm thinking this will be my last......I'm really dreading now taking a chance.....*sigh*....WTH is going on ?! :whistle2:?

[quote name='Tarheel76']I placed my order last Thursday (10/11), and was anticipating receiving a shipment confirmation sometime this afternoon, as others had received in the past for their pre-orders. When I log back into the online store, and check my order, I notice my order status still says "In Process". Very weird, as I see it's not even showing on the site for sale. I did notice also that my credit card didn't have any activity until last night when MS placed a "temp authorization" for the amount of the order.
As this is my VERY FIRST experience and order with MS, (even after reading and seeing the drama over the past month with pre-orders and trying to get codes), I'm thinking this will be my last......I'm really dreading now taking a chance.....*sigh*....WTH is going on ?! :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

I have the same "processing" with my DC3 game as well. I pre-ordered it over a month ago and was hoping to get it quickly. Guess we'll see.

I'm probably just gonna buy my game from the store and when my shipped copy arrives, just return that one and get my money back.

Yep, nothing on DC3 for me either... my other orders shipped on Monday, arrived on Tuesday. This one's just sitting there, doing nothing.

I posted last week about trying to use my $10 promo for a 1600 point card and having it fail, and then trying to get a refund for it. They promised they would get me a new code last Tuesday but it's been a week. This is a sad state of affairs for their storefront, and I'm even probably getting off better than the guy that has to deal with borderline fraud. Really sucks all around.

omg another fail with dance central 3....

why is microsoft store the slowest store on the internet? It takes me 5 minutes to go to the next page. Shouldn't MICROSOFT know how to code a website??

Wait, so they give you a $25 coupon and 1600 points for preordering Halo 4? So it's basically like getting the game and future map packs for free, why wouldn't anyone do this?

[quote name='xland1']Wait, so they give you a $25 coupon and 1600 points for preordering Halo 4? So it's basically like getting the game and future map packs for free, why wouldn't anyone do this?[/QUOTE]

You only get a $25 voucher, no 1600 point card. It is still a very good deal.

Just got a shipping notice for DC3. It's not in the UPS system yet so I don't know what time of day it was shipped, and the email actually says "Early Release For Processing" in it next to the game title.

Mine shipped at 7pm PST Next Day Air.

[quote name='howard']Just got a shipping notice for DC3. It's not in the UPS system yet so I don't know what time of day it was shipped, and the email actually says "Early Release For Processing" in it next to the game title.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='howard']Just got a shipping notice for DC3. It's not in the UPS system yet so I don't know what time of day it was shipped, and the email actually says "Early Release For Processing" in it next to the game title.[/QUOTE]

Finally got mine as well......I have to say I REALLY hate I took a chance on MS, especially after seeing how the past two weeks have gone with this promotion.
**Looking at my order history for this pre-order, I notice underneath the 1600pt coupon & the $10 off coupon, it says "Complete", which would lead me to believe that Microsoft is under the impression they've sent me the codes already....(when of course I don't have them, and there's nothing in my spam folder either).......am I incorrect in that assumption ? And does anyone else's information on the order summary look the same as mine / are you in the same boat with now playing the "waiting game" on codes now.
It really sucks also that there has been no consistency with shipping and receiving games for EVERYONE. Yes, it was nice for MS to expedite the shipping to "Next Day Air" for those to receive Resident Evil 6, Dishonored, Fable-The Journey, Sesame Street, etc. without any extra cost to the buyer....but if you're going to do it for some, you should do it for everyone....just my opinion.
Needless to say, I've learned my lesson, and will not shop with the MicrosoftStore again. We as consumers (especially those that have had issues with this promotion), shouldn't have to feel like we're pulling teeth to get what we've paid for. "Fool me once, shame on you. "......I won't be fooled again so that I have to complete the saying.

bread's done
Back