Medal of Honor Warfighter
NBA 2K13 [OOS]
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Nike+ Kinect Training ($49.99)
Resident Evil 6

Each of the games listed are available with the offer. They include:

•$10 gift card for future orders at MicrosoftStore.com
•1600 Microsoft Points

*Offer valid from September 4, 2012 through close of business on November 19, 2012. Other conditions with respect to preorder may apply. Gift card (in-store purchases) or Promo Code (online purchases) and 1600 Xbox Live points will be issued upon redemption of preordered product and eligibility will be verified with receipt upon redemption. No photocopies or facsimiles of receipt will be accepted. Neither Gift Card nor Promo Code may be used toward the purchase of preordered product and neither may be transferred or redeemed for cash. Other conditions on use of gift card may apply. Limit one per customer.

*A credit card is required for pre-order, but your card will not be charged until your order is shipped (or the product is made available for download).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tarheel76']
**Looking at my order history for this pre-order, I notice underneath the 1600pt coupon & the $10 off coupon, it says "Complete", which would lead me to believe that Microsoft is under the impression they've sent me the codes already....(when of course I don't have them, and there's nothing in my spam folder either).......am I incorrect in that assumption ? And does anyone else's information on the order summary look the same as mine / are you in the same boat with now playing the "waiting game" on codes now.[/QUOTE]

Mine says complete also but I wouldn't worry, it's probably just how they do their system

[quote name='amberdaisie']Mine shipped at 7pm PST Next Day Air.[/QUOTE]

Turns out mine shipped Ground. I have no idea why they wait until the evening on the release date to ship, but I can look forward to receiving it next week.

[quote name='Tarheel76']Finally got mine as well......I have to say I REALLY hate I took a chance on MS, especially after seeing how the past two weeks have gone with this promotion.
**Looking at my order history for this pre-order, I notice underneath the 1600pt coupon & the $10 off coupon, it says "Complete", which would lead me to believe that Microsoft is under the impression they've sent me the codes already....(when of course I don't have them, and there's nothing in my spam folder either).......am I incorrect in that assumption ? And does anyone else's information on the order summary look the same as mine / are you in the same boat with now playing the "waiting game" on codes now.
It really sucks also that there has been no consistency with shipping and receiving games for EVERYONE. Yes, it was nice for MS to expedite the shipping to "Next Day Air" for those to receive Resident Evil 6, Dishonored, Fable-The Journey, Sesame Street, etc. without any extra cost to the buyer....but if you're going to do it for some, you should do it for everyone....just my opinion.
Needless to say, I've learned my lesson, and will not shop with the MicrosoftStore again. We as consumers (especially those that have had issues with this promotion), shouldn't have to feel like we're pulling teeth to get what we've paid for. "Fool me once, shame on you. "......I won't be fooled again so that I have to complete the saying.[/QUOTE]

I have received everything before the time indicated when I ordered. Also, my promotions have shown completed since the day I preordered each game, and each promotion has been emailed within 48 hours of receiving the game. I have had nothing but a positive experience shopping, and I would highly recommend microsoftstore.com to my friends. How they handled the cancellation fiasco last week was amazing, and far beyond what the really needed to do. Kudos to them.

I just looked at my shipping update. I selected the free option 4-7 days; it was shipped next day delivery at no additional charge. It will be delivered tomorrow, 3-6 days sooner than I was expecting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also got the DC3 shipping notification last night. I selected the free shipping, and yet it will be here today. Not bad.

Well, I'm glad you guys are having better luck than I am. It took all of the seven days to ship (and that was after a few days processing) and I still have yet to receive my pre-order bonus item (even though I got an email 5 days ago saying that it was complete and I could get it now by visiting their site). I'm hoping contacting them nets some results.

Well, I placed my order on 9/10/2012 for Dance Central 3 because I wanted the $10 gaming coupon and 1600 MS points. I had noticed I did not receive any shipping notice and my credit card had not been charged.

I logged into my live account at the Microsoft Store website and discovered my order was cancelled by the system. I send any email to them but I seriously doubt I'll order again from the Microsoft Store unless the promotion is beyond amazing.

It took forever to ship out my JD4. ( still don't have it). Decide after reading reviews, to return it, but used my points already, so they will not let me return it. Canceling my Halo and AC3 today.

[quote name='not2worried']It took forever to ship out my JD4. ( still don't have it). Decide after reading reviews, to return it, but used my points already, so they will not let me return it. Canceling my Halo and AC3 today.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you thought you could do an incomplete return. Even if they accepted it as is, you'd likely be debited in the refund $20 for the points.

[quote name='Cephiros']Well, I placed my order on 9/10/2012 for Dance Central 3 because I wanted the $10 gaming coupon and 1600 MS points. I had noticed I did not receive any shipping notice and my credit card had not been charged.

I logged into my live account at the Microsoft Store website and discovered my order was cancelled by the system. I send any email to them but I seriously doubt I'll order again from the Microsoft Store unless the promotion is beyond amazing.[/QUOTE]

Mines shipped out last night and will be delivered today. However, I did not received my 1600 pts and & $10 coupon yet.

[quote name='Cephiros']Well, I placed my order on 9/10/2012 for Dance Central 3 because I wanted the $10 gaming coupon and 1600 MS points. I had noticed I did not receive any shipping notice and my credit card had not been charged.

I logged into my live account at the Microsoft Store website and discovered my order was cancelled by the system. I send any email to them but I seriously doubt I'll order again from the Microsoft Store unless the promotion is beyond amazing.[/QUOTE]

You should try calling. It takes about a minute to get through to a person and you should be able to get some sort of resolution.

I ended up receiving DC3 today. The exact quote from Live Chat last night was "upon checking it was ground shipping. please expect the item to be delivered as early as Monday next week or by Wednesday next week." So they obviously have no idea what they're talking about as it turns out it was sent Next Day Air. At one point they also said to me "we do have a cut off time at 2:30pm so any order placed beyond that time will be processed the next day." even though it was pre-ordered.

[quote name='pjb16']Not sure why you thought you could do an incomplete return. Even if they accepted it as is, you'd likely be debited in the refund $20 for the points.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't real surprised by that. Not upset by it.

People are so bitchy...

They get free games, $30 in bonuses for each game (including the free ones), some even release-day delivery even though it isn't mentioned anywhere during the order process, and still bitch and hate on Microsoft for it?

Check your spam folder, specially if you are a gmail user. Google's shitty spam filter will send actual important messages there 99% of the time when they contain any sort of promotional codes. Happens to me every time both with Microsoft Store and Amazon. Wait 48 hours for it to be there, although I haven't had one that took longer than a couple of hours after 9 am the day the game comes out.

[quote name='SQLRat']Need for Speed: Most Wanted is available again for pre-order.[/QUOTE]

I just checked and it still says out of stock. Where are you seeing this?

[quote name='bojay1997']I just checked and it still says out of stock. Where are you seeing this?[/QUOTE]

Well, that was quick. Yes, it's out of stock again. It was available for a short while.

[quote name='kill3r7']You only get a $25 voucher, no 1600 point card. It is still a very good deal.[/QUOTE]

BBY's 20$ unlocked deal is a better deal, as you'll also be able to pricematch at bby, and pick up the game night of. I had also thought the 1600 points + 25$ was the actual promotion, but last night I preordered it in the MS store using the wonderful Bing promotion and while in line I read the actual promotion details off the back of the preorder box, and it was only the 25$

I used my $10 coupon on MS points, so I got 3200 pts and NBA 2k13 for $70.13 (got charged tax for some reason on my 2nd order of points). I feel pretty happy with the deal.

Didn't get any emails about DC3 shipping, but wound up getting it today in the mail via UPS Next Day Saver. Just waiting on the promo stuff but so far quite impressed with their service.

[quote name='howard']You should try calling. It takes about a minute to get through to a person and you should be able to get some sort of resolution.

I ended up receiving DC3 today. The exact quote from Live Chat last night was "upon checking it was ground shipping. please expect the item to be delivered as early as Monday next week or by Wednesday next week." So they obviously have no idea what they're talking about as it turns out it was sent Next Day Air. At one point they also said to me "we do have a cut off time at 2:30pm so any order placed beyond that time will be processed the next day." even though it was pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

Well, I called today and I received no resolution. Basically they said it wasn't pushed through because my debit card wasn't accepted for some reason and since the game is now unavailable I'm SOL on the promotion.

There is some serious bugs in Microsoft preordering system. Preordered Need for Speed and Nike Training earlier today successfully only to have the system cancel the orders for me yet again. Will update later.

[quote name='pjb16']I used my $10 coupon on MS points, so I got 3200 pts and NBA 2k13 for $70.13 (got charged tax for some reason on my 2nd order of points). I feel pretty happy with the deal.[/QUOTE]

was wondering how you total was just 70? was nba 2k13 lower priced-- I am planning the same with AC3 but my preorder total is already 64.04-

[quote name='Ltrain8765']was wondering how you total was just 70? was nba 2k13 lower priced-- I am planning the same with AC3 but my preorder total is already 64.04-[/QUOTE]

$60 for the game, $10 for the MSP.

[quote name='Tsel']$60 for the game, $10 for the MSP.[/QUOTE]
Yes, this. I forgot I had tax on my game, so over all closer to $75 than $70. Still happy with it.

[quote name='ShinHwaSM']There is some serious bugs in Microsoft preordering system. Preordered Need for Speed and Nike Training earlier today successfully only to have the system cancel the orders for me yet again. Will update later.[/QUOTE]

Just updating after my one hour call with a Microsoft rep. Was no help as expected. Case got escalated. I applied my two $10 dollar promo to these orders and "lost" them.

Anyone here able to use their promo codes successfully without having their order canceled? I am so fed up.....

[quote name='Cephiros']Well, I called today and I received no resolution. Basically they said it wasn't pushed through because my debit card wasn't accepted for some reason and since the game is now unavailable I'm SOL on the promotion.[/QUOTE]

I had this same issue with both Fable and Just Dance 4 from the previous week. There is something wrong with their system. I too also used a debit card and have been in this limbo for the past week. There was nothing wrong with my bank account at the time.

Anyone else experience a similar issue to this?

I pm'ed you in case you need some backup when you next talk to them.

Microsoft messing up again. Why would they give me codes for 1600 points that I need to submit on their site to get the real 1600 point codes? I had 2 pre-orders, one which was cancelled and then received for free and the other I was properly charged for. I received 2 emails with the codes for my $10 off next order and two 1600 point cards. When I tried to use the $10 codes, one worked and the other didn't. When I tried to use the 1600 point codes one worked and the other didn't. Then I got a note that my 1600 point order was "cancelled by system" without a reason. I then got back on the site and used the code that did not work previously and now it works. Now I am just waiting to see if they cancel that one too.

[quote name='ostynb']Microsoft messing up again. Why would they give me codes for 1600 points that I need to submit on their site to get the real 1600 point codes? I had 2 pre-orders, one which was cancelled and then received for free and the other I was properly charged for. I received 2 emails with the codes for my $10 off next order and two 1600 point cards. When I tried to use the $10 codes, one worked and the other didn't. When I tried to use the 1600 point codes one worked and the other didn't. Then I got a note that my 1600 point order was "cancelled by system" without a reason. I then got back on the site and used the code that did not work previously and now it works. Now I am just waiting to see if they cancel that one too.[/QUOTE]
Sounds to me like your "problems" have been outweighed by your "benefits."

I agree. One of my free 10 dollar vouchers did not work initially last week. Within 48 hours it was working with no phone call or anything. Even if it didn't work, I wouldn't have complained since I got it and the msp and the game for FREE. I am baffled at how many people can complain about not getting free stuff; nevermind, I guess I can. (Interesting how this forum has become a microcosm of our entitlement fueled nation.)

I wrote to the MS Store Customer Care a while ago about my Forza Horizon preorder, and how it didn't have the "extras" added to the cart when I checked out. Received a letter back today saying they were aware of the matter and were escalating it to "Superiors" (capital S), which as an aside, brought to mind the line from The Police song Synchronicity II: "Every single meeting with his so-called superiors, is a humiliating kick in the crotch".

If they can get this ironed out by the time Horizon gets here, I'll be in for a couple of more preorders. If not, I'll be going elsewhere.

I came in here thinking of maybe ordering from MS again after a bad experience last year and I'm glad I did as it looks like the CS has not change. I will never buy from them ever again no matter how good the deals are. Here is my experience with them:

I remembered last year I ordered a game through the Microsoft Store because there was a similar deal like the current one. Needless to say the game came in a few days before Christmas with the case all broken because they placed it in one of those "padded" envelopes that really had no protection. The game was a gift and I couldn't give it out like that. Numerous calls to CS trying to exchange the game before Christmas and they would always escalate it and tell me someone was going to call me back. If I remember correctly they even told me they were going to send one out for the replacement but they never did. Had to take one of my boxes to replace the box. Never again I said. NEVER AGAIN!

I'm surprised to hear of all these bad experiences. I ordered Borderlands 2 and RE6 from them and had no problems. I've got Halo 4 preordered there as well and would be surprised if anything out of the ordinary happened.

I received Dance Central 3 in the mail yesterday, but I still have not received either of the codes from Microsoft. Hearing all these other horror stories is not making me feel any better about it. :whistle2:|

not sure if this is adding anything to the conversation.. i also pre-ordered DC3, received it yesterday.. and am waiting on the 1600/$10..

I did check it out on my phone (the store is blocked here at work) and both the points and the coupon have an estimated ship date of Friday October 26th.. not sure how/why that is.. :whistle2:s

[quote name='pjb16']Sounds to me like your "problems" have been outweighed by your "benefits."[/QUOTE]
You are kind-of correct, but not entirely. You see, my order was cancelled and I re-pre-ordered prior to getting the "we messed up and have a free game" email. So now I have 2 copies of fable the journey (which is actually a cool little game, but why would I need 2 copies) and they let me pay $10 to get 1600 points. So really what happened was they traded my 1600 point card for another copy of fable the journey and I will need to sell it to get the difference back. I could try to return it but that sounds like a nightmare because I tried to apply the codes.

[quote name='TravellinMan']not sure if this is adding anything to the conversation.. i also pre-ordered DC3, received it yesterday.. and am waiting on the 1600/$10..

I did check it out on my phone (the store is blocked here at work) and both the points and the coupon have an estimated ship date of Friday October 26th.. not sure how/why that is.. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Your order confirmation email should say on there that it's 7-10 days after your game ships that the email with the promos get sent. Mine did at least.

Received the following email regarding my Forza Horizon Preorder:

Hello XXXXX,
I wanted to update you. We are still looking into why the order did not auto input the coupon codes. What I am going to do on your order is personally watch for the release and shipment of the product which is due to release on the 23rd per your order confirmation. I will at that point have the coupon codes issued to you and a second email will be sent to you with those codes, as it would have if the coupons had appeared on the order. You do not need to do anything, I will make sure this all takes place for you. If you have any concerns here is my direct phone number: XXX-XXX-XXXX

That's the exact response I was hoping for. Hope it all goes well.

Microsoft Store is starting to feel like a scam. Preorder game... still waiting for my download code and the email with the code for the free 1600 points (that they have to mail... they don't just give you a code?) and the $10 off the next order.

I mean, seriously, how long does it take to generate a code? Two weeks? I guess so!

[quote name='manicbomber']Microsoft Store is starting to feel like a scam. Preorder game... still waiting for my download code and the email with the code for the free 1600 points (that they have to mail... they don't just give you a code?) and the $10 off the next order.

I mean, seriously, how long does it take to generate a code? Two weeks? I guess so![/QUOTE]

Try to have some patience, BB's reward zone points take 30 days to go through, pretty sure you can wait 2 weeks while you enjoy the game you pre-ordered.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']Try to have some patience, BB's reward zone points take 30 days to go through, pretty sure you can wait 2 weeks while you enjoy the game you pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, except it took them over a week to ship it to me. The code is for an in game item, so no I can't "enjoy the game" because I'd kind of like to play it WITH THE ITEM that I was supposed to get for preordering it.

And seriously, 2 weeks to get the codes and then I'll have to have the 1600 points shipped? I might be over 30 days before this whole thing is through.

What should be done is send you an actual 1600 points card and a $10 coupon with the game you pre-ordered. That way, you get everything at once. To avoid people sending back the game, quite simply, eliminate returns unless the game was damaged during shipping and has to be exchanged for the same exact game. But this is just my own personal opinion.

Anyone know if BLOPS2 comes with Nuketown DLC map? Its not listed anywhere on the site but the official BLOPS2 Nuketown 2025 FAQ almost makes it sound like all launch copies include it (although there is that participating retailers statement):

http://community.callofduty.com/comm...etown-2025-faq

i.e. Amazon.com pre-order says it comes in the actual packaging instead of as an e-mailed/separate DLC code which is usually the norm for these type of pre-order bonuses.

[quote name='manicbomber']Microsoft Store is starting to feel like a scam. Preorder game... still waiting for my download code and the email with the code for the free 1600 points (that they have to mail... they don't just give you a code?) and the $10 off the next order.

I mean, seriously, how long does it take to generate a code? Two weeks? I guess so![/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a scam, they are just extremely poorly run from the top on down.

I'm seriously doubting how a company can continue to operate like this place does. I've patiently been waiting for Tier3 support to contact me back about my Fable/JD4 order since mine was auto cancelled like others. I was given the run around that it was my card/bank that didn't allow the order to go through. So I went to my bank since I was already charged for one game and was curious if what they said was true. Turns out they never even tried to charge me for the other game. So my order has been stuck in limbo.

So I contacted them once again telling them about what I found out and that they were flatout lying. I was then promised I would be refunded for the one game and they would send out the order for free, like others had gotten in this thread. I've been waiting to be contacted back by Tier3 support and they send me an email telling me I won't even get my order. But that the code's are worth more than my promotional credit ($25) I used on the order. I was refunded the one game and now they want to tell me they won't ship out the order they said they would for free, the amount of back peddling.

I proceeded to call them and ask why they give preferential treatment to others yet I'm singled out of the bunch and not treated fairly. The answer I got was that its not up to anyone at Tier3 but rather the warehouse. This makes less and less sense, your telling me that their highest support tier can't get to the bottom of this? I've asked to speak to Tier3 supervisor but that they aren't in conveniently.

I gotta ask who is running the show? Cause this is some crazy ass funhouse circus bulls.

Somethin happened this week. I bought Sesame Street, RE 6, and Dance Central 3 for this promo, and for Sesame Street and RE6, my codes showed up via email within a day of it being delivered. Not with Dance Central 3 though. Anyways, I did a live chat and got my codes, only took about 10 minutes. Just sayin...

Well, congrats. I did a live chat and sent them an email concerning the fact that I don't have my codes and was told the first time that it takes 3 to 6 business days, and after I waited six business days I was told that it was still processing and I'd have to wait.

So, not sure why the drastic inconsistency, but if you read through the last few pages inconsistency seems to be the order of the day with the MS Store.

[quote name='henhowc']Anyone know if BLOPS2 comes with Nuketown DLC map? Its not listed anywhere on the site but the official BLOPS2 Nuketown 2025 FAQ almost makes it sound like all launch copies include it (although there is that participating retailers statement):

http://community.callofduty.com/comm...etown-2025-faq

i.e. Amazon.com pre-order says it comes in the actual packaging instead of as an e-mailed/separate DLC code which is usually the norm for these type of pre-order bonuses.[/QUOTE]

I think it'll come packaged with all first run new copies/pre-orders regardless of where it's preordered from.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I think it'll come packaged with all first run new copies/pre-orders regardless of where it's preordered from.[/QUOTE]

I Guess I'm going to cancel my pre-order from Amazon (lol...BLOPs wallpaper as pre-order bonus) and jump on this MS deal with the BingIT coupon.

bread's done
Back