Feedback
2 (100%)
Mighty Muggs info thread:
Why? Because they are awesome

Target:
9.99 (not on website)

Toys R Us:
10.49 (
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=mighty%20muggs&origkw=Mighty%20muggs&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1) I have found them to have the biggest amount, and rarer ones of most of the stores

Wal-Mart:
9.98 (Not online?) Maybe some clearance ones?

Hasbro Store:
Price varies
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/SearchResults.htm?PG=1&CDT=1218299435
also offer rare and limited Muggs.

Borders: 19.99 (Not online) Pricing is steep, but don't forget some coupons can bring the price down on some rare older ones (I saw Vemon last week) Coupons--
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177479

Cool Mighty Muggs Blog:

http://mightymuggslounge.blogspot.com/

News

Marvel Wave 3 spotted in-stores.

HAS15331.jpg

LinkinPrime's collection:

mmgsji4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
In the last week or so.

Red Skull
Thanos
(Local Comic shop for 14.99 each)

Hoth Han
Plo Koon
Skrull
Vision
Silver Iron Man
Ultimate Captain America

[quote name='ryosnk']They updated their stock as hasbro toy shop.[/quote]

They restocked and now their out of shirtless Darth Maul! Was hoping to get one big order in to get the free shipping.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']I'm not really liking those x-men muggs. Almost looks like they had a surplus of Indy hats and decided to throw one on Logan to get rid of stock.[/QUOTE]

That is what I thought at first, but if you compare both hats, they are actually different looking. The one Logan have is resemble to another style of cowboy hat.

I'm digging the Sabertooth MM. Cyclops is... Meh. Jean Grey looks right down scary. The Logan MM is :cool:.

The shape of the MM head is perfect for a Juggernaut MM. :bouncy:

cyclops is boring, but accurate! jean is downright ugly. loving sabretooth. and logan is perfect, but i hate the hat. not bad character choices. it woulda been nice to not have another wolverine and instead get an original character, but i'm happy with this.

bbts also put up pre-orders for wave 2 gi joe (just baroness and destro, with more re-releases of storm shadow and snake eyes) and wave 2 transformers (grimlock and starscream, with re-releases of optimus prime and bumblebee). they've got a pic of grimlock... it's kinda meh. doesn't really capture the feel of the character to me.

and... my short round and sallah arrived. i'm glad that we were able to get the figures and all, but i'm sorry, short round is one of the worst muggs, imo. every other mugg that has a hat, actually comes with the hat... indy, henry jones, sallah. for some reason, short round's cap is painted on. i knew this from the initial pics of him, but it looks worse in person. ugh.

[quote name='DocRamon']

bbts also put up pre-orders for wave 2 gi joe (just baroness and destro, with more re-releases of storm shadow and snake eyes) and wave 2 transformers (grimlock and starscream, with re-releases of optimus prime and bumblebee). they've got a pic of grimlock... it's kinda meh. doesn't really capture the feel of the character to me.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info! Here's pics for everyone:

Destro:
HAS16571.jpg

Baroness:
HAS16570.jpg

Grimlock:
HAS16573.jpg

[quote name='SpiderLocMTGO']are these valuable or something or just rare? someone I work with has a couple, and I wouldn't mind picking up a couple for decoration at work.[/QUOTE]

neither?

there's a few that are rare/valuable, but if you're just after a handful of them for decoration, you can probably find a few in store (or definitely online) that you'd enjoy for regular price (roughly $10 each).

it just sorta depends on what sets and/or figures you'd want.

Oh yeah those xmen and grimlock mm look sweet. I should of asked for some gift cards for Christmas to buy this suckers. Maybe Jean is phoenix with jean clothes thats why she looks scary.

[quote name='ryosnk'] Maybe Jean is phoenix with jean clothes thats why she looks scary.[/quote]

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It is Phoenix, look at her gold phoenix icon on her costume.[/quote]

It still doesn't explain the fact that she looks MANish. Atleast the Baroness looks female. Jean looks like a female bodybuilder on steroids. :whistle2:&

Finally, found a second Ghostrider at a WM 30 miles away from my home. :lol: I went to a birthday party in that area and happened to pass by WM. The only WM in my area sucks.

I also saw Skrull and Vision at that WM but I had left my wallet at home and only had $20 on me. #-o

I went to TRU to pick up a copy of Soul Bubbles DS for $9.99. After I got my free $10 giftcard, I went to look at the MMs. I found a first wave Iron Man (red and yellow) and picked it up using the $10 giftcard. :D

[quote name='Kerig']Still no Transformers Wave 1? I don't want to suddenly find out I missed Soundwave...[/quote]I have my set preordered from EE and haven't received it yet. I'm guessing it not quite yet in stores. *shrug*

[quote name='emg28']I went to TRU to pick up a copy of Soul Bubbles DS for $9.99. After I got my free $10 giftcard, I went to look at the MMs. I found a first wave Iron Man (red and yellow) and picked it up using the $10 giftcard. :D[/quote]
:applause:

[quote name='FluxDF']Has anyone that pre-ordered G.I. Joe Muggs from BBTS received or even had them ship? Same for Transformers?[/quote]
I think the Joe Muggs come out Feb. 2009. I could be wrong though. I have both sets preordered at EE and neither have come in-stock yet.

[quote name='Vader582']I think the Joe Muggs come out Feb. 2009. I could be wrong though. I have both sets preordered at EE and neither have come in-stock yet.[/QUOTE]

The G.I. Joe muggs are actually out already, I've seen all 4 at Urban Outfitters in SJ, CA. I haven't seen any space for them at normal toy stores or Target though, so you may be correct if they're arriving after Christmas at other stores. I think the Transformer muggs come out sometime around February though ... but then I could be wrong on that as well.

[quote name='etcrane']The G.I. Joe muggs are actually out already, I've seen all 4 at Urban Outfitters in SJ, CA. I haven't seen any space for them at normal toy stores or Target though, so you may be correct if they're arriving after Christmas at other stores. I think the Transformer muggs come out sometime around February though ... but then I could be wrong on that as well.[/quote]
Ah ok...sounds like I might have gotten my release dates mixed up.

Side-note: Went to a KB Toys while doing some Christmas shopping today. This particular store had a nice stash of Muggs. SW Dooku wave, red and yellow Iron Man, Cap...I was surprised. Just another option for those on the prowl. At the current discount, the Muggs would have been $9.09 at checkout.

The Joe Muggs were originally listed with a November release date. Transformers in January I believe. Slightly disappointed that I've had no news from BBTS...

Got this info in an email from EE this morning:

EEPROMO8C, 1, Order Online - Save $15, Credit/Adjustment
HJ89475A, 1, G.I. Joe Mighty Muggs Vinyl Figures Wave 1, Estimated Release
Date is January 2009
HT90931A, 1, Transformers Universe Mighty Muggs Wave 1, Estimated Release
Date is February 2009

yeah, but in my experience, EE is usually a month behind bbts and just about everyone else, unless you're a vendor... for some reason, they ship their bulk orders out to comic shops on time, but can't get orders to regular customers from their site out until later on.

considering that joe muggs are already available at urban outfitters, both in-store and online, i don't think it's still gonna be another month until anywhere else has them. they should be shipping out in a matter of days, unless the holidays are causing a backup.

[quote name='DocRamon']yeah, but in my experience, EE is usually a month behind bbts and just about everyone else, unless you're a vendor... for some reason, they ship their bulk orders out to comic shops on time, but can't get orders to regular customers from their site out until later on.

considering that joe muggs are already available at urban outfitters, both in-store and online, i don't think it's still gonna be another month until anywhere else has them. they should be shipping out in a matter of days, unless the holidays are causing a backup.[/quote]Ah I see. Didn't realize that. :)

It might be worth checking out a KB Toys if you have one near you. Their liquidation sale has now hit 40% off all items.

Cheap Might Muggs for the win!

Finally saw Darth Revan and Darth Maul (shirtless) at Target. The box for Revan was a bit jacked up but I couldn't resist. Still no Joes anywhere except UO though ... bummer cuz they look sweet ...

this always seems to happen to me...

i got sick of driving places and waiting to find revan and shirtless maul in stores, so i decided to just order them online from the hasbro shop. then, the day they ship out, i find them at 2 different targets. ugh. oh well, should be here within a few days.

[quote name='etcrane']Finally saw Darth Revan and Darth Maul (shirtless) at Target. The box for Revan was a bit jacked up but I couldn't resist.[/quote]

Thanks. I know which of my Targets gets new MMs first so I'll check that one out in the morning.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']Should I give up all hope of finding Boba Fett and General Grevious in stores?
Also is the red and yellow Iron Man hard to come by?[/QUOTE]

Actually, don't give up quite yet ... this may have been a random, ymmv type thing but I was walking through Target last night and stumbled upon 2 Boba Fetts and 1 Jango Fett all mint in their boxes. I didn't pick them up since I got BF a long time ago and JF is like a repainted BF ... but it's still possible to stumble upon them. If you don't care about cost, I'd also recommend checking at your local Urban Outfitters, as they consistently seem to have everything ... only it's double the price.

Cheers

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']Should I give up all hope of finding Boba Fett and General Grevious in stores?
Also is the red and yellow Iron Man hard to come by?[/quote]

[quote name='etcrane']Actually, don't give up quite yet ... this may have been a random, ymmv type thing but I was walking through Target last night and stumbled upon 2 Boba Fetts and 1 Jango Fett all mint in their boxes. I didn't pick them up since I got BF a long time ago and JF is like a repainted BF ... but it's still possible to stumble upon them. [/quote]

Maybe Target is restocking some MMs. I also saw 2 Boba Fetts and 2 Jango Fetts at a Target yesterday. Also, saw Spiderman, the Thing and Doc Ock.

yeah, you still have a good shot at finding boba fett in stores. but it's been a LONG time since i've seen a grievous on the shelf.

and no, the regular old red and yellow iron man isn't hard to find, at least not by me. he was one of the muggs recently re-released, so i've seen him at many walmarts over the past few weeks. the only iron man that's hard to get is the sdcc movie version, since it was a comic-con exclusive. you'd have to hit up ebay.

Taking a 2 hour trip to the wife's friends and I know there's at least one Target on the way. I'll pull the "I gotta pee and eat and don't want to stop at some creepy highway gas station" routine. She probably wouldn't want to stop. Especially if she knew I was looking for Muggs and clearance games.

I'll keep looking for them. Thanks.

[quote name='mickeyp']Do you guys think a little kid would like these? Are they just for display? Do the arms or legs move?[/quote]
yes the legs, arms and head turn. i think if you get a MM of something they like its goo, but its not the most active toy, so depends on the kid.

Stopped into an Urban Outfitters over the weekend. They had quite a few Muggs, including all of the GI Joes. $20 +tax is a bit steep for me though.

bread's done
Back