MineCraft 360 Edition $15 bestbuy.com (dead for now, might still work in stores)

ShadowMillions

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Minecra...02488&skuId=1000002489&st=minecraft&lp=1&cp=1

Cannot order it yet online, but you can preorder it in the store for $15, saves you $5.

"When I printed out the preorder ticket though, it said I would owe $15 at the register, instead of $20. It's priced the same on the website. Either pre-ordering it at the store or waiting to buy it when it is available on the website will net you a code given to you through e-mail tomorrow at some point. If you wait until tomorrow to buy it at the store, the code will be on your receipt and they will e-mail you the code as well, just in case."

See how long it lasts and if it'll be $15 on the website when it releases tonight at midnight instead of "coming soon." I won't be going to one tonight to try and preorder it, so if someone does, tell us your experience!

EDIT: Currently works in store and gives you the code right away, allowing you to download it as soon as you get home!
[quote name='URMonkeyTron']It totally works. Just got back from BB and with a $10.00 GC I had it came out to $5.00. The code is printed on the receipt and sent through the email you give.

You wanna know the best part?....... I'M PLAYING IT RIGHT NOW!!!!

So not only do you get it cheaper, but you can have access to it early.[/QUOTE]

EDIT: Still might work in stores as of today (May 9):
[quote name='vicious7171']I can. I went to BB after the price went up to 19.99 online, and bought it for 15.00 + tax at B&M. I asked an employee if they had it. He said they had been selling them all day, printed out a voucher on the electronic kiosk and we paid for it up at the cashier.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
No, just:

"Delivery Information:

We'll e-mail you a code and instructions when your order is ready to redeem."

[quote name='SeanTM22']None of you guys got a page like this? really weird that mine would be instant

x0Ud2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nah I didn't... Mine is exactly like this minus the yellow digital redemption box. On my end it may have been because I selected the option to e-mail me my code to an alternate email.

I also still haven't received my confirmation e-mail, usually I get those from Best Buy pretty fast...

[quote name='myiamoto']No, just:

"Delivery Information:

We'll e-mail you a code and instructions when your order is ready to redeem."[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got this too, so still waiting for my code

I just received an email from Best Buy stating the following:

"We have received your order:

QTY PRODUCT DESCRIPTION STATUS
1 Minecraft Xbla: Digital - Xbox 360 [Digital Download]
SKU: 1000002489

Will Be Delivered To:xxx Order in process of being fulfilled."

Hopefully they will send the code soon, lol...

I was able to get this as of 10 AM thanks. The code showed up as confirmation page after check out....Just redeemed it

Didn't think I was going to pick it up but since it was on sale I snagged it

Thanks OP

[quote name='joshnorm']I was able to get this as of 10 AM thanks. The code showed up as confirmation page after check out....Just redeemed it

Didn't think I was going to pick it up but since it was on sale I snagged it

Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

LOL what are the odds both the Nova CAG's get their codes instantly.

What's the policy with redeeming codes and ownership on the 360?

Whatever console I redeem this on has rights to it plus whatever console my gamertag is on right?

I got an instant code right when i finished checking out. To save on tax you can just enter a florida zipcode. Thats what i did and only paid $15 no tax.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']What's the policy with redeeming codes and ownership on the 360?

Whatever console I redeem this on has rights to it plus whatever console my gamertag is on right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It's the same as buying content straight from the marketplace. You can also redeem the code on xbox.com.

[quote name='LoveLost']I got an instant code right when i finished checking out. To save on tax you can just enter a florida zipcode. Thats what i did and only paid $15 no tax.[/QUOTE]
Which one?

I wasn't going to bother with this but for some reason a $5 discount made all the difference :dunce:

EDIT - Just got my code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never seen so many CAGs so eager to pay 1200 points for an arcade game.

Chalk me up as one of those who tried Minecraft and "didn't get it"

shrugs

Was on the fence to use my MSP balance, but I got $6 and change left on a BB gift card from trading games in, for $9 something after taxes I am in.

[quote name='crookshow']Never seen so many CAGs so eager to pay 1200 points for an arcade game.

shrugs[/QUOTE]

i havent ever even played it but ive got my cc in hand ready this hype is breaking me. it IS fun right?! RIGHT?

[shrugs] Even if the game goes on sale at some point, and it will, it will first be 33% off at most. 25% off day of release is worthwhile for me, I think.

[quote name='SeanTM22']Minecraft be breaking records! (if all these BB sales count) Wonder if it will beat out Trails in day 1 sales[/QUOTE]

If any game as a shot this year, this is probably the one.

@notch just tweeted:
I am not allowed to reveal numbers yet, but let's just say Minecraft: Xbox 360 edition is doing.. pretty.. uh.. well.

There were a few hundred people on the leaderboards last night. I wonder what they'll look like this evening.

[quote name='crookshow']Never seen so many CAGs so eager to pay 1200 points for an arcade game.

shrugs[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's weird, I didn't have much interest in it, I have monies burning a hole in my pocket this week I guess :)

I know this isn't the greatest deal in the world, but I am surprised it hasn't made it's way to SD. More for us!

And Sean, have you played MC on pc? I have never played it, so if you ever wanna hit me up on live just throw me a PM. That goes for any other CAG's as well!

[quote name='bajingo']i havent ever even played it but ive got my cc in hand ready this hype is breaking me. it IS fun right?! RIGHT?[/QUOTE]

It is purely, 100% what you make out of it. While they've been slowing adding in more structure, it's still more of a "free roam" game than nearly anything else out there. Skyrim has nothing on how "free" this game is. It's basically just a virtual playground...

And damn it, I'd get this is my stupid points would finally come through! Using a $5 cert to make it $10 I could deal with, but already owning it on the PC and from the demo finding the XBox version rather cumbersome (sure I'd get use to it over time) I can't justify $15 or $20.

[quote name='MochaRaf']I know this isn't the greatest deal in the world, but I am surprised it hasn't made it's way to SD. More for us!

And Sean, have you played MC on pc? I have never played it, so if you ever wanna hit me up on live just throw me a PM. That goes for any other CAG's as well![/QUOTE]

Me too...relatively though it IS a pretty big deal. It's still 25% off! Might be only 25% off of $20 but still...

Strange...I bought it yesterday in store for $15. Took a friend there today to get him a copy, and the kiosk didn't have a listing for Minecraft any longer.

[quote name='Ham Salad 360']Strange...I bought it yesterday in store for $15. Took a friend there today to get him a copy, and the kiosk didn't have a listing for Minecraft any longer.[/QUOTE]

Are you the Ham Salad from TIO?

[quote name='Ham Salad 360']Probably not. What's "TIO?"[/QUOTE]

The Imperial Order, it's an old SWG guild. Knew a guy with the exact same name as you.

[quote name='bajingo']i havent ever even played it but ive got my cc in hand ready this hype is breaking me. it IS fun right?! RIGHT?[/QUOTE]

Save your $, play the demo 1st.

Like some other people on CAG, I'm not a fan...but some people really get into it. I'd buy it for $4.99, not $15 or $20.

[quote name='MochaRaf']The Imperial Order, it's an old SWG guild. Knew a guy with the exact same name as you.[/QUOTE]

Nope, not me. I've never played Star Wars Galaxies.

Ham Salad is a reference to "Hardware Wars," so its not surprising to see that name pop up in a Star Wars game.

It really depends on your gaming style, do you enjoy vegging out with a game, perhaps listening to a podcast while you play? Are you creative, or even if you aren't would you like to try? Do you like Legos? If you said yes to those you'll probably like it.

Even though the XBLA version is a lesser one this deal brings the price in line with what the PC version was in alpha. (it was $14-ish USD if memory serves)

Thanks, OP.

Bought online from Best Buy from the link. Got the 25-digit code emailed to me a few minutes later. Copied-and-Pasted the code into Xbox.com. Now all I have to do is turn the ol' 360 on and login and it'll download. Fast & easy.

Yes, there's tax. That sucks. In my case, I had some two $5 certificates to use, and the tax went down after I entered them on the Best Buy website. Instead of being $1.25 of tax (for $15) here in Washington State, it was just $0.42 of tax (for $5).

Thanks again. :D

anyone still getting this for $15? i keep seeing $19.99

NVM: reread original post. maybe will check local store

[quote name='gave1']anyone still getting this for $15? i keep seeing $19.99[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're right. Link now shows $19.99. An hour ago it showed me $15.00.

Deal must be dead!

[quote name='gave1']anyone still getting this for $15? i keep seeing $19.99

NVM: reread original post. maybe will check local store[/QUOTE]

It looks like they fixed the price, there's a small chance it will still be $15 in the store. Looks like this deal is dead.

bread's done
Back