MineCraft 360 Edition $15 bestbuy.com (dead for now, might still work in stores)

ShadowMillions

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Minecra...02488&skuId=1000002489&st=minecraft&lp=1&cp=1

Cannot order it yet online, but you can preorder it in the store for $15, saves you $5.

"When I printed out the preorder ticket though, it said I would owe $15 at the register, instead of $20. It's priced the same on the website. Either pre-ordering it at the store or waiting to buy it when it is available on the website will net you a code given to you through e-mail tomorrow at some point. If you wait until tomorrow to buy it at the store, the code will be on your receipt and they will e-mail you the code as well, just in case."

See how long it lasts and if it'll be $15 on the website when it releases tonight at midnight instead of "coming soon." I won't be going to one tonight to try and preorder it, so if someone does, tell us your experience!

EDIT: Currently works in store and gives you the code right away, allowing you to download it as soon as you get home!
[quote name='URMonkeyTron']It totally works. Just got back from BB and with a $10.00 GC I had it came out to $5.00. The code is printed on the receipt and sent through the email you give.

You wanna know the best part?....... I'M PLAYING IT RIGHT NOW!!!!

So not only do you get it cheaper, but you can have access to it early.[/QUOTE]

EDIT: Still might work in stores as of today (May 9):
[quote name='vicious7171']I can. I went to BB after the price went up to 19.99 online, and bought it for 15.00 + tax at B&M. I asked an employee if they had it. He said they had been selling them all day, printed out a voucher on the electronic kiosk and we paid for it up at the cashier.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered it on bestbuy.com still havent recieved my digital code to my email yet. :( its been a hour, on bestbuy.com under my account order status, it says in process....

anybody else?

SERIOUSLY?! Checked half an hour ago and was still good... Sucks was gonna pick it up today... DAMN now I have a Minecraft itch and might just pick it up MSRP...:bomb:

Ah poo. Sure, as soon as I want it, it goes to $20. :/

If anyone goes to the store and still can get it for $15, let us know!

[quote name='benjamouth']I wondered if this might be a price error, I bet someone at BBY assumed it would be $15.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not many XBLA games are $20, but even so, it would have been nice to have that pre-order price throughout the first day, haha.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']I ordered it on bestbuy.com still havent recieved my digital code to my email yet. :( its been a hour, on bestbuy.com under my account order status, it says in process....

anybody else?[/QUOTE]

I ordered just under 3 hours ago and have yet to receive anything.

Oh Best Buy:
Email 01: "We received your order"
Email 02: "Order cancelled"
Email 03: "Redeem your Xbox Live digital product"

PayPal still lists the order as 'Pending' as well. *shrug*

Sounds like more of Best Buy fucking up with their online stuff just like Black Friday.

Either way they spit-out the code at checkout and I insta-redeemed on Xbox.com and have been playing ever since...so um have fun Best Buy and PayPal.:booty:

[quote name='emg28']I ordered just under 3 hours ago and have yet to receive anything.[/QUOTE]

Just got off phone with customer service, they said things are taking longer then normal. So we just gotta wait. wish i woulda got the code right when i checked out. :(

Odd that not everyone got their code during checkout. (as in on the site as well as emailed later)

I used PayPal and guest checkout though.

I can. I went to BB after the price went up to 19.99 online, and bought it for 15.00 + tax at B&M

EDIT:
In case my "Location" is fooling anyone, I now live in MN and got this deal at the Minnetonka BB

[quote name='vicious7171']I can. I went to BB after the price went up to 19.99 online, and bought it for 15.00 + tax at B&M

EDIT:
In case my "Location" is fooling anyone, I now live in MN and got this deal at the Minnetonka BB[/QUOTE]

So there is still a chance...did you go to the kiosk thing or just asked an employee to do the transaction?

[quote name='Geco17']Hopefully they're not cancelling orders because they realized the price was wrong[/QUOTE]

Uh-oh.

I ordered online this early afternoon for $15 and I received my code via checkout and in an email. I just got home 10 minutes ago and went to download the game.

My code registered as being for Minecraft when I entered it via Xbox 360 but said there was an error and to please try again later. I tried online via a laptop and it said "An error has occured during transaction. Please try again later."

I downloaded the demo just to make sure my system was okay and it worked fine.

Let me know if you are having the same problem, because I get the feeling it may have something to do with Best Buy.

[quote name='paulwekiva']Uh-oh.

I ordered online this early afternoon for $15 and I received my code via checkout and in an email. I just got home 10 minutes ago and went to download the game.

My code registered as being for Minecraft when I entered it via Xbox 360 but said there was an error and to please try again later. I tried online via a laptop and it said "An error has occured during transaction. Please try again later."

I downloaded the demo just to make sure my system was okay and it worked fine.

Let me know if you are having the same problem, because I get the feeling it may have something to do with Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

I ordered around 9am. Just redeemed it fine on Xbox.com

Oh, just that I'd put out some sad news, but seems you need to be playing on an HDTV with HDMI with an output of at least 720p or better to even play splitscreen.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']Still no code 4 hours later. so pissed. :([/QUOTE]

I just received my code. I entered the code on xbox.com and it went through.

[quote name='ShadowMillions']So there is still a chance...did you go to the kiosk thing or just asked an employee to do the transaction?[/QUOTE]

I asked an employee if they had it. He said they had been selling them all day, printed out a voucher on the electronic kiosk and we paid for it up at the cashier.

[quote name='vicious7171']I asked an employee if they had it. He said they had been selling them all day, printed out a voucher on the electronic kiosk and we paid for it up at the cashier.[/QUOTE]

Good work, sir. Hopefully this will help anyone still seeking this out in this thread.

I just paid for it with MS Points, as it was for my younger brother, and it is his birthday. I gotta say though, I do love it as a first time player. Too bad we can't play splitscreen without an HD setup :p but I found it addicting and I just really want to keep playing.

Good luck with anyone else still looking to get this for $5 or 400 MSP off!

[quote name='ShadowMillions']Good work, sir. Hopefully this will help anyone still seeking this out in this thread.

I just paid for it with MS Points, as it was for my younger brother, and it is his birthday. I gotta say though, I do love it as a first time player. Too bad we can't play splitscreen without an HD setup :p but I found it addicting and I just really want to keep playing.

Good luck with anyone else still looking to get this for $5 or 400 MSP off![/QUOTE]

That's a huge bummer about the lack of split screen. I can't see myself playing this single player. With two players the world feels a lot less desolate.

[quote name='vicious7171']That's a huge bummer about the lack of split screen. I can't see myself playing this single player. With two players the world feels a lot less desolate.[/QUOTE]

At least you still have XBL my friend!

Last edited by a moderator:
6 hours later, still no code from the website. never buying digital again from BB.

on phone now, trying to figure wtf is going on.

EDIT: waited 30 mins on phone, and they disconnected. fuck this.

[quote name='Big St3ph3n']6 hours later, still no code from the website. never buying digital again from BB.

on phone now, trying to figure wtf is going on.

EDIT: waited 30 mins on phone, and they disconnected. fuck this.[/QUOTE]

Did you get an email confirmation? Or at the very least, did you save/print the confirmation page after you submitted the order? Also check your bank statement, if they charged you $15.00 then the code should eventually come in.

It appears that people who paid with PayPal received their codes almost instantly, if not within a few minutes after the purchase. Those who purchased using a CC had a ranged time that went anywhere from 15 mins to 2 hours so far. Six hours is indeed a long time, so as I said double check your payment statement.

I'm at 10+ hours. Called customer service hours ago, and I was told it could take "24-48 hours". She was super nice. I told her other companies, like Amazon, fulfilled digi-orders almost immediately, and that I wouldn't buy from BB if they can't do the same.

I do have my email confirmation, if it comes to that. And a very unhappy 13yr old son.

[quote name='RealDeals']Where exactly is everyone picking it up in store?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RealDeals']What's the kiosk everyone keeps referencing?[/QUOTE]

If you have a converted game area (Changed in Sept 2011) it should have a large touch screen. On the touch screen it will have promos and pre-order ads. If you use it you will find that it sells DLC for PSN and XBLA. Once you select what you want it will print out a recite that you can take to a cashier and buy. Code for the game will print out on your final recite.

BTW, nice avatar. ;) It's my twitter avatar too.

Kiosk didn't work for me. Wasn't Listed.

I had to ask an associate. They looked it up on the computer and added it that way.

15.00 Minecraft GET!

[quote name='MochaRaf']Did you get an email confirmation? Or at the very least, did you save/print the confirmation page after you submitted the order? Also check your bank statement, if they charged you $15.00 then the code should eventually come in.

It appears that people who paid with PayPal received their codes almost instantly, if not within a few minutes after the purchase. Those who purchased using a CC had a ranged time that went anywhere from 15 mins to 2 hours so far. Six hours is indeed a long time, so as I said double check your payment statement.[/QUOTE]

Yep, like i said above in previous posts, they charged my account instantly, and i have the confirmation email and everything.

[quote name='angusvox']I'm at 10+ hours. Called customer service hours ago, and I was told it could take "24-48 hours". She was super nice. I told her other companies, like Amazon, fulfilled digi-orders almost immediately, and that I wouldn't buy from BB if they can't do the same.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, same here. they were nice to me, but i let them know digital codes are not "back ordered" and should always be avaliable once released. will never buy dlc from best buy again. To much headache to save 5 bucks lol.

[quote name='Nazgul11']I can also confirm that it's still $15 + tax in store. Just picked up a code about 20 minutes ago. :)[/QUOTE]

So there still a chance for me tomorrow.

Bought it. Thanks OP!

Spent 3 hours building an overly large house. Didn't get bored. Money well spent. It was kind of nice to play with friends, since many of them don't play pc games. We had a good time just screwing around.

bread's done
Back