Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition - 1600 points

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I have a question.  Also sorry as I expect this to be a total newb question, but my daughter has somehow just recently sucked me into all things Minecraft.  I'm trying to find out if Herobrine is in the 360 edition or not.  I've seen a bunch of videos made by giggling 13 year olds swearing they saw him or spawned him with these elaborate doo-hickies.  But, knowing that he's a skin you can buy, it's easy to fabricate.  So, fellow CAG's......what's the deal with Herobrine in the 360 edition?  Real or not and can you spawn him?

Thanks in advance!

Enjoying the new update. My friend and I rigged some redstone lanterns to blinking lights with repeaters and made a discoteque. Added a bar and a private booth area where you can turn a switch and see... a wolf and ocelot trapped in a room. Then we named it The Milk Bucket and put a giant milk bucket on the roof.

I also rigged a redstone lantern to a network of redstone torches and a wooden plank so that you step on it it blinks. Then I rigged a water drowning machine over top and made a torture machine where the light starts blinking when the villager stands on top of it. I may change the drowner to the old crusher (sticky piston attached to like any block that drops from the third to second above ground level, crushing a villager.) because the villagers tend to swim up the drowner.)

And for anyone who hasn't messed around with torture machines in creative, you're missing out. Waterslides into cacti... doors that open up into lava... chickens that drop through cobwebs into wolf pens... on my old world I even made a giant glass toilet, filled it with lava and then added a giant statue of a man above it with buttcheeks and a working "intestines" that was just a hole in his head straight down with a cobweb attached at the end. Spawning five to ten villagers was hilarious as from a slight distance all you see is the brown and the cobweb seems to slow them down less and less making a great "poop. poop. poop poop. poopoopoopoo" pattern.

That's kind of cool, though I'd wish that it included some special new mechanics to go with it and that the sky was red like it's not just a reskinning of the world blocks.

Wow, I haven't paid any attention to Minecraft since like the first update - now we're talking Mass Effect stuff?  Weird.  I'd like to get back into it but I will probably just wait for the X1 version.

Wow, I haven't paid any attention to Minecraft since like the first update - now we're talking Mass Effect stuff? Weird. I'd like to get back into it but I will probably just wait for the X1 version.
I know. I fired up a new world the other week after not playing for a long time. It started me out in a village with NPCs walking around and everything. I'm like, what game is this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FjU6M4W0UM

Here's Achievement Hunter's Let's Play in the Mass Effect skin and the included Mars base world.

It's kind of bad for Microsoft to sell texture packs where PC gamers get them all for free. The texture pack really doesn't work anywhere other than on with the premade map.

Official? No. Incredibly good and free fanmade projects? Yes.

For example; this guys Scribblenauts texture pack. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/984240-15213w17a32xwip-95the-scribblenauts-packupdated-618/

This guys Cartoon pack: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/43474-17-ready-%E2%99%94-frendens-cartoon-pack-%E2%99%94-16x/

These actually make sense to use. Things look like what they're supposed to look like. Not like the Gold ore block being black and red and etc. The Mass Effect pack is for an initial awe and then what? You can't use it for anything other than the 1 custom map they released with it.

I can agree that the Mass Effect 3 choice of skins for the various elements isn't that good outside of the example world, but I don't see any reason that a skin that is executed better for general use wouldn't be worth the money with all of the extra stuff they offer. The fact that they didn't reskin animals/mobs or change the stuff around the world like forests in the Achievement Hunter video shows that they didn't go as far as they should've.

You can't use it for anything other than the 1 custom map they released with it.
Please be aware of what you're talking about before you make statements like this. Yes, you can use the Mass Effect pack, and change of the UI with more than just one custom map. I would have liked to see this at $2 but I bet if this does well we'll see a few more. The next rumored version will be Skyrim. I'd love a Gears of War one and maybe a Final Fantasy one too.

Skyrim Mash-Up comes to Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition

Skyrim_Screenshot_10.png

One of the defining principles of Skyrim is that it allows you to be who you want and do whatever you want. That ideal takes on new meaning following today’s that a Skyrim mash-up is coming soon to Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition.

Developed by our friends at 4J Studios, the mash-up features an exclusive Skyrim-themed texture set, 40 character skins, themed menus and user interface, craftable items, and more than 20 iconic selections from the original Skyrim soundtrack. On top of these features, the pre-set world recreates memorable areas including Whiterun, Riverwood, and Bleak Falls Barrow. Check out the screenshots above for a first look.

As fans of Minecraft, we’re very excited to be working with Mojang, Microsoft, 4J, and Notch to make this happen. If you happen to be at Minecon this weekend in Orlando, you can try the Skyrim mash-up at the show. For more information, read the content breakdown and FAQ after the break.

Skyrim Mash-up – Conent Breakdown

• Skyrim themed texture set to apply to any existing or newly created Minecraft world.
  • 40 Skyrim characters skins to apply to player’s in-game avatars: Dragonborn (male), Dragonborn (female), Ancano, Elenwen, Argonian Fighter, Argonian Mage, Bosmer Archer, Bosmer Mage, Breton Mage, Forsworn Shaman, Dunmer Mage, Dunmer Assassin, Imperial Soldier, Vex, Khajiit Merchant, Stormcloak Soldier, Lydia, Orc Blacksmith, Orc Warrior female, Nazir, Saadia, Vampire Lord, Isran, Astrid, Aela the Huntress, M’aiq the Liar, Greybeard, Frost Troll, Flame Atronach, Dragon Priest, Hagraven, Draugr Deathlord, Sheogorath, Spriggan, Dwarven Centurion, Wispmother, Dremora Lord, Master Necromancer, Vilkas, Orc Warrior Male
  • Skyrim themed Menu, UI and Inventory including integrated Skyrim logo.
  • Skyrim music score featuring the following original tracks: Watch the Skies, Dragonborn, Awake, From Past To Present, The City Gates, Dragonsreach, Distant Horizons, Dawn, The Jerall Mountains, Secunda, Frostfall, Unbound, Far Horizons, The Streets of Whiterun, The White River, Standing Stones, Tundra, Journey’s End, Aurora, Solitude, Wind Guide You, Tooth and Claw, Into Darkness, Shadows and Echoes, Towers and Shadows, Death in the Darkness
  • Pre-made World recreating the area of Whiterun, Riverwood and Bleak falls Barrow (on a smaller scale in order to fit with technical constraints of the games map size limits)
FAQ

What is a Minecraft Mash-up Pack?
It’s a paid downloadable package for Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition that replaces the default textures of the game with a different set to match the theme or IP of reference. It also provides Skins for the main characters, re-flavored UI look and an awesome soundtrack from that IP.

Are there any other Mash-up packs already released?

Yes. The Mass Effect Mash-up pack was released on 4th September 2013:

Is there a Trial available for Mash-up packs? If so, what do they include?

There is and it includes everything so that players can see everything before they buy. However players won’t be able to save the creations they make with the trial version with unless they purchase the pack before they exit. They can also only look and not play with the skins that are part of the pack.

Do Mash-ups affect gameplay?

No, gameplay stays 100% Minecraft, the rest is up to the player’s imagination.

What’s the price point of Mash-ups?

$3.99/£2.69/€3.79
Sooo... what game do you think they'll do next? My money's on a Fallout skin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shit, I haven't ventured back into the world of Minecraft for some time, evident from finding this thread on Page 4 of my followed content pages, but that just might change with the latest update heading towards the 360 version, details in the link here.

The update adds loads of new items, the ability to trade with villagers, new multiplayer host options and a different coloured sky for The End, among other things.

It has been confirmed, via twitter, that the Xbox 360 saves will be importable into the Xbox One version. Hurrah!

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/459509201073496064

Ah, very great news. I've put a lot of time into my world and there's no way I'd want to move on from it. I think most people have invested hundreds of hours building cities-- good to see the folks at Minecraft totally understand the issue we had.

Btw, grab the 2nd Birthday skins if you already haven't. Haven't played in a while, got the skins and then loaded up my world and came across a mushroom island! Woah, when did they add that, neat. I also found a nice little cavern with water and lava/1 zombie/mushrooms, score! Haven't found too much iron though...

Grabbed the Xbox One version and transfered over my 360 worlds, kind of a bummer you have to do it one by one but I understand why, and was a bit of nostalgic lane playing some of my older worlds. New achievements and the trial worlds available are a nice touch. I still can't find it in me to spend money on skin packs. Maybe they'll have a sale some time, you know considering how many people have bought this game.

I am very impressed with how big the map size is compared to the Xbox 360 version. I actually got lost looking for my house. But yea, pricy, but worth it in price.

Finally found Diamonds in my old, now new, transferred world and mined Obsidian, built the portal and went to the Nether. Died...

Was fighting a Blaze, which I've never seen before, and then was so excited he dropped a blaze rod that I didn't notice a Magma Cube was near me next to the cliff, push into the lava pool below. NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo...   :wall:

Update: With a little more practice, I'm getting a lot better surviving the Nether. I was able to gain some more diamonds so I crafted an enchantment table, built up some bookshelves near it and enchanted my armor. Boy that helps. Also helps taking out Ghasts with an enchanted bow!  :p

Got some snow balls to take on the Blaze, as I got the Blaze Rod before I died so I got the achievement, as I need that Blaze Rod for my Brewing Station I want to make so bad.

I always run low on arrows though, how's the best way to get more? I've been skeleton hunting lately which seems to help restock my ammo.

The worst part of transferring my Xbox 360 world to Xbox One is that all of my dogs are gone. I had them spread out among two of my main homes, but they were turned into regular wolves and disappeared accordingly when I got far enough away from them.

Stupid question:

How do you do the $5 upgrade from the 360 version to the xb1 version? I have the disc based version for the 360 if that matters at all.

Stupid question:

How do you do the $5 upgrade from the 360 version to the xb1 version? I have the disc based version for the 360 if that matters at all.
Don't know how the disc version handles it, it was just already discounted on Xbox.com and on the Xbox Store.
you have to have the digital version. I don't believe it has ended though, as I can still go to the Xbox One version of the game and it says it will cost me $4.99

bread's done
Back