Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition - 1600 points

I can't wait to play this tonight. Couldn't play last night because I have some important things to do today and didn't want to get sucked into the game and stay up too late.

Totally cracking out on Creative mode, (using the seed Crackton). Got a huge multistory library built, and currently building a skyscraper hotel. My only beef so far, is the vertical limit to the map is still somewhat low. I really hope they port and upgrade this game to the next Xbox.

Found a floating cliff so I built my home on it, inside the thing what a view on all four sides lol.
285681_10100786116627928_1210069588_n.jpg

Just from a number I threw into the seed generator, I like the world a lot. There's this big mountain area, a big snowed in forest area and a big lush green area where I find all my food!!! lol Yeah down to the right of this cliff there's an underground place of hell (open but covered in shade from an overhanging cliff and the tall mountains), where 3 Endermen (you can barely see them in the darkness with all the rain), a bunch of Creepers and Skeletons were just meandering next to the lava flow.
557817_10100786058958498_1071042284_n.jpg
House has more windows now (2 x 4 on the Northern and Southern side), had to cover up the wall in order to close off open spaces.

So glad creative mode is out. I like the base game, but I don't know how you guys build these huge structures without investing major time into the game.

[quote name='seanr1221']So glad creative mode is out. I like the base game, but I don't know how you guys build these huge structures without investing major time into the game.[/QUOTE]

yeah, you have to invest major time for the crazy stuff.

but before creative mode, most people used duplication glitches. I did a world 100% legit and it took forever and my stuff paled in comparison to what other people had.

With creative mode, I'm finally going to be able to build something I've been thinking about for awhile... It's very much a WIP. I haven't even started carving it out yet. just trying to get a sense of dimensions and shape before I start making it look like the actual thing...

w8q53q.jpg

I don't have any desire to try out Creative mode, as I don't see the point of having unlimited items when I'd rather earn the ability to build what I want to build. The rest of the additions seem cool though.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't have any desire to try out Creative mode, as I don't see the point of having unlimited items when I'd rather earn the ability to build what I want to build. The rest of the additions seem cool though.[/QUOTE]

You don't see the point in letting people enjoy the game more when they're limited on time?

[quote name='seanr1221']You don't see the point in letting people enjoy the game more when they're limited on time?[/QUOTE]
I don't see the point of that mode for the way I play, as I prefer to explore and figure out what to build based on what's been generated around the world.

If it works better for you, that's cool. I wasn't saying it had no place for all people.

I actually created 2 worlds: 1 creative world and 1 survival world. both based on the same seed as I am loving the seed that was generated for me!

seed: 6903914000401990395

577119_128639233952046_811584335_n.jpg

522775_128641840618452_1187530269_n.jpg

150103_128642243951745_712568317_n.jpg

535917_128639727285330_1787807616_n.jpg

553999_128639650618671_1873417811_n.jpg

425617_128639583952011_1010585863_n.jpg

[quote name='The 7th Number']I downloaded the update today, started a new world. Right when the world loaded, the achievement for befriending 5 wolves popped for no reason. lol[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me.

Awesome, found a concrete room where there was a monster spawner and two chests. Found 3 saddles in the chests, looks like I gotta find a pig now! That would conclude the achievements for this game for me. Oh I also came across two wells, one in each spot (one in a lake, the other next to a river) which I found pretty cool.
Tricked out my living room which is hanging off my floating mountain platform. Just need the HD TV in the middle haha.
408720_10100790654623748_22379727_n.jpg
Also went digging into a mountain which was already dug a bit and found this rare occurrence.
183836_10100790573361598_408826435_n.jpg

Also anyone ever seen a skeleton riding a spider in the water. Yup I just got my Halloween spooktacular Minecraft moment. Couldn't take a picture of it because I was too busy trying to survive!

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend and I are starting a youtube channel. This video we show off the map my friend Cake made before the update. I helped him out a bit and made a castle you see at some point. We are new to this youtube thing so we need likes and subscribes. Thanks for checking it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2tFFGfRROI&feature=plcp

title update 7 came out yesterday, also a holiday skin pack is out for 80 pts or a freebie trial version for free
Added Breeding and baby animals.
Added Experience Points.
Added Enchantment Table.
Added Brewing Stand.
Added Mushroom Biome.
Added new mobs - Mooshroom, Blaze, Villager, Snow Golem, Magma Cube, and baby animals.
Added Nether Fortresses.
Updated Tutorial World with new biome, and added mini-tutorials for new features.
Updated Music Disc quests in the Tutorial World.
Added custom skin animations, where a skin may have different animations to suit its style.
Added an option to enable/disable custom skin animations (on by default).
Added a section on Brewing, Enchantment and Breeding to the How To Play.
Added new items : Blaze Rod, Ghast Tear, Gold Nugget, Nether Wart, Glass Bottle, Water Bottle, Spider Eye, Fermented Spider Eye, Blaze Powder, Bottle O' Enchanting, Magma Cream, Brewing Stand, Cauldron, Eye of Ender, Glistering Melon, Mycelium Block, Lily Pad, Nether Brick, Nether Brick Fence, Nether Brick Stairs, Enchantment Table, End Stone Block, Shrub, Fern.
Added new multiplayer host trust players options for toggling players' abilities to mine and use items, place blocks, use doors and switches, use containers (such as chests), attack players, and attack animals.
Added Avatar Items to the Download Content menu.

OMG! I ran into my first villagers!

if you haven't generated a new world yet, do so!!! lots and lots of new additions!!!

My boys and I watched it. They loved it and I thought it was pretty good too. Definitely worth checking out. Makes me want to play, which I don't actually. But now they are A) requesting that I play tomorrow morning and B) that they should be allowed to play for more hours in the day. LOL!

Started up a new world to check out all of the new stuff in the last few big updates and I managed to spawn a world without villages in it, so I'm resorting to building a lair up on top of this mountain with a big overhang on top.

If the experience points had more of an effect on the game in general than just the echanting, it would be a cool addition, but it's just currency for this new thing.

I also saw an eclipse, which was unexpected:

576355_476038305770678_1130670100_n.jpg

[quote name='theredworm']it's not listed for the holiday sale so probably not for a while, just buy it[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he'd have a better chance getting a deal on points instead.

My kids tell me that The End is super duper difficult to get to in (pure) survival mode. Has anyone here done that? Obviously I mean in PC version, since this update is just out.

[quote name='crunchewy']My kids tell me that The End is super duper difficult to get to in (pure) survival mode. Has anyone here done that? Obviously I mean in PC version, since this update is just out.[/QUOTE]
i beat the dragon with my boy yeterday and it was extremely easy.. i had enchanted diamond armor and a lvl 30 bow so that may have helped haha.. my health never dipped below half tho
just climb up the pillars and destroy the crystals so the dragon cant heal and then just run around and shoot the dragon with arrows.. dont look at the endermen roaming around and you should have no problems

[quote name='crunchewy']I mean starting a new save in survival mode, stay in survival mode, get to the end and win.[/QUOTE]
yea thats what i did

the last update added the end portal and this update made it possible to activate it.. basically you could travel to the end on a world that you have been working on for months

gathering materials to beat the dragon is time consuming but its nothing crazy

[quote name='kingtut313']yea thats what i did

the last update added the end portal and this update made it possible to activate it.. basically you could travel to the end on a world that you have been working on for months

gathering materials to beat the dragon is time consuming but its nothing crazy[/QUOTE]

how can you start from the very beginning, in survival mode, and finish it that fast? heck, just getting up and running in a survival world takes awhile, let alone getting enough material just to be able to fight the dragon without being slaughtered.

I believe he means he used an existing save they'd been working on for a while. He didn't start a new one once this title update hit.

Does anybody know of a good tutorial video or something that describes all the new shit that was added to the 360 version since it was released? I haven't played in forever and I'm totally confused about the new stuff. The tutorial level has confused me even more. I know. I'm retarded :/

[quote name='AshesofWake']Does anybody know of a good tutorial video or something that describes all the new shit that was added to the 360 version since it was released? I haven't played in forever and I'm totally confused about the new stuff. The tutorial level has confused me even more. I know. I'm retarded :/[/QUOTE]

How to play section of the menu teaches a lot.

[quote name='AshesofWake']Does anybody know of a good tutorial video or something that describes all the new shit that was added to the 360 version since it was released? I haven't played in forever and I'm totally confused about the new stuff. The tutorial level has confused me even more. I know. I'm retarded :/[/QUOTE]

Go easy on yourself. The PC version is infamous for practically requiring a browser open to the Minecraft wiki while playing to get going. I think the learning curve is a bit softer on the 360 but you probably won't pick up everything without going to the wiki. The wiki is primairly focused on the PC edition so some of the information doesn't apply to the 360 edition yet.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki

It's been a few months since I played, so I started a new survival world last night. I started off by making a small farm with all the different types of animals in pens (except chickens, they keep disappearing?) and a wheat field. Then I dug out a huge branch mine.

I have a good stockpile of materials now and was thinking about building a mob grinder. The last one I built was the huge one on Youtube that is like 64x64 and 8 stories high. Not sure if I want to go through all that trouble again. Are there any options for something a little more simple?

Another question, how do you get seeds to grow sugar cane? I found a bunch and picked it up but I didn't get any seeds. I'd like to make one of those automated sugar cane farms.

[quote name='dirtyvu']how can you start from the very beginning, in survival mode, and finish it that fast? heck, just getting up and running in a survival world takes awhile, let alone getting enough material just to be able to fight the dragon without being slaughtered.[/QUOTE]
honestly the hardest part (or at least most time consuming) is getting the ender eyes to activate the portal.. endermen dont spawn nearly as much as they used to and half the time they dont drop a pearl

i beat the dragon again yesterday on a different world using 2 stacks of arrows, a power 2 bow, diamond chestplate & boots, iron helmet & leggings.. its very easy

I like this guy's channel. Yes, it's for the PC. But most of them apply to the Xbox now with all the upgrades.

http://www.youtube.com/user/paulsoaresjr

[quote name='blindinglights']I started off by making a small farm with all the different types of animals in pens (except chickens, they keep disappearing?)[/QUOTE]

I don't know if they fixed it or not, but for a while, a pen had to be 5x5 or smaller for the animals to not despawn. You need a chicken coop if you don't have a skeleton grinder (which I don't) to get the feathers to make arrows.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']I don't know if they fixed it or not, but for a while, a pen had to be 5x5 or smaller for the animals to not despawn. You need a chicken coup if you don't have a skeleton grinder (which I don't) to get the feathers to make arrows.[/QUOTE]

that's all old. in the latest update, you can breed and farm animals. you can make the pen up to 20x20 each. I have 3. one with pigs, another with cows, and the last with sheep.

I'm getting back into this after the latest update that made some interesting changes. Gravel has a new texture that looks similar to cobblestone and the different types of trees produce different types of wood, so your first wood house can look even uglier than before. I don't know if this is a new thing or not, but pretty much every time I mine gravel, I also get either coal or iron. So I have a ton of coal and iron because gravel is all over the place in every cave I find.

I started a new world and spawned right between two villages, so the survival aspect was pretty easy since I just moved into one of the pre-built houses and am building up from there.

I don't know where my post went but yeah as I said, grabbed the FYI free birthday skin yesterday and played a bunch last night. Finally got the Pigs Fly achievement, last one to grab and fitting since Minecraft 360 Edition's 1 yr anniversary.

[quote name='Spybreak8']I don't know where my post went but yeah as I said, grabbed the FYI free birthday skin yesterday and played a bunch last night. Finally got the Pigs Fly achievement, last one to grab and fitting since Minecraft 360 Edition's 1 yr anniversary.[/QUOTE]
Free birthday skin? Like DLC?

bread's done
Back