Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition - 1600 points

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']I did seed 888 and then stalked some pigs, created some saves and applied some saddles. Finally got it after riding a pig around a mountain for like 30 minutes.[/QUOTE]

That is the one I used. A saddle is in the chest on the other side of the hill. I eventually built a trap and dropped the pig into a pit.

I kinda want to get this game, but I'm afraid I'll get bored and won't be able to come up with anything to make/do after I mine. I played the demo, and love it, and I absolutely hate getting cut off by the time limit. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
just buy it, you'll be addicted for a while, let it go, then come back and be addicted, plus all these added "patches" will constantly add stuff. It's definitely worth the price, I was in your exact same boat.

[quote name='matto1233']I kinda want to get this game, but I'm afraid I'll get bored and won't be able to come up with anything to make/do after I mine. I played the demo, and love it, and I absolutely hate getting cut off by the time limit. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]
definitely try to find some people to play with.. its way more fun building with other people than just by yourself

Bought it and love it. Can't stop playing. Everytime I play I find out something new. Who would have thought a game like this would be so much fun?

I was visiting my friend's world. Some friends helped and she used a dup glitch. But still great work for such a small amount of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R2Jv2nZhiQ
720P video of Kissy840's world, version 2.0. She's made a ton of additions since the last video. 0:40 Bowser and Princess Peach... ummm... yeah... Yoshi. Kirby. Mario. 0:55, beware the lava moat!!! moar!!! 1:33 missed the jump! I'm on fire!!! 1:50 umm, using wood to cover a lava moat. maybe not a good idea. 2:40 squishing Kissy!!! 4:33 Kissy's marina. 5:38 Kissy's first house. 5:48 Bill from Left 4 Dead! 6:38 Kissy as Puss in Boots! 8:12 Kissy's castle in daylight. 8:33 Mario in daylight! 8:48 Kissy's restaurant. 9:39 this is where the Mexicans work! 10:22 King Boo. 10:54 tower with great view of Nintendo characters. 11:21 WTH is that??? 12:27 best views of Nintendo characters in the courtyard. 13:13 Kissy's house. 13:15 Kissy's doorbell!!! 13:27 a light switch! 13:45 door lock. 14:31 a working toilet! 14:48 light switch for the bathroom too. 15:13 working shower! 16:10 inspiration for Yoshi. *** 17:42 THE X-RAY MACHINE!!!! You can see all the underground lava and monster spawners!!! *** 21:03 Kissy's treehouse with Kirby. 21:35 view of Kissy's first house. 21:57 Kirby up close. 22:44 Kissy's glitched inventory. 24:30 Kissy showing off her marina again. 26:03 Kissy's railways version 2.0. 27:05 riding Kissy's rollercoaster. 27:50 view of the diamond house. 27:56 great vista view of Kissy's world. 30:13 ride of underground coaster. 31:54 great outside view of the castle. 33:04 the insane lightning!!!

God damn it....I notice the other day that my friend had this game so I instantly bought because I was waiting for just one other person before diving in.

10 hours later we have a nice house in a valley with a lake behind it.

Game it fun for no reason.

Took a small break. Jumped back in and made this tonight.
264725_2383338079318_1842928939_n.jpg

It's right in the center of my map. North (or East cause that's where the sun/moon rise).
283901_2383346479528_263632947_n.jpg

I like the way the glowstone looks at night more then the day.
185407_2383348639582_1552286291_n.jpg

haha. you must have had to adjust that sun a few times when you hit the ceiling.

I remember building a house near the clouds and hitting the ceiling of the world. Really ruined my house design as I ended up with a flat roof. I eventually had to tear out the bottom of the house so I could extend the height and build a nicer roof.

I made a sand pile in front of the center of the sun. I started from the top down for the center two rows so I knew how high I could make it. Then started from the bottom up so I'd have a scaffolding type a deal.

[quote name='blindinglights']Is there a mode you go into to take pictures?[/QUOTE]

Pause then hit 'Y' to 'Share to Facebook'. It takes a picture and uploads it.

yeah, it's a great theme. my current theme as well. you do get a lot of bang for your buck with Minecraft. put in a ton of gaming hours, got a lot of fun. constant updates. free theme. great time for more people to jump in!

[quote name='dirtyvu']yeah, it's a great theme. my current theme as well. you do get a lot of bang for your buck with Minecraft. put in a ton of gaming hours, got a lot of fun. constant updates. free theme. great time for more people to jump in![/QUOTE]
co-sign
i would pay $60 for this game

[quote name='kingtut313']co-sign
i would pay $60 for this game[/QUOTE]

Lol same only if it had Deathmatch with matchmaking and a Mobs vs Steves mode! :cool: Oh that could be epic! Could have outdoor or subterranean arenas too.

Or a Survival mode where the player(s) gets 5 or so minutes to build up their defensible structure(s) and then it's wave after wave of incrementally harder Minecraft foes! drool

[quote name='Spybreak8']Lol same only if it had Deathmatch with matchmaking and a Mobs vs Steves mode! :cool: Oh that could be epic! Could have outdoor or subterranean arenas too.

Or a Survival mode where the player(s) gets 5 or so minutes to build up their defensible structure(s) and then it's wave after wave of incrementally harder Minecraft foes! drool[/QUOTE]

that sounds horrible

yeah I almost missed it earlier because normally I just click on the deals link and that's it. I did a search for minecraft and didn't see anything so I posted about it. Then I found out about that forum and thread. So the thread in the deals section was deleted.

Now I'm going to have to make an effort and search the free forum every once in awhile.

I bought minecraft, my nephew seems to love it, and i played the demo a few times and thought it was fun. I had 20 dollars in MS points and nothing really to buy so what the hell, i went for it.

Started a game and right away i find some clay by the beachside (ive never seen clay before during my demo playthroughs), i grab it all and make my way to a nice high cliff which looked like a great spot to build a house. After a while it is starting to get dark so i scrambled to build my house before the monsters came out. I manage to only build walls, 3 layers, and had no more wood for the roof. So i end up getting killed because the enemies can somehow hit me over the walls. I lose all my stuff, and im mad so i dont save and go to start a new game.

Well since then ive probably started a new game 20 times and each time im not very satisfied with the map layout i get. Most of my time has been spent creating a new map, and walking around in it for 5-10 minutes only to say, meh lets try again. I even put it so there are no enemies. Im trying to get into it, but for whatever reason im starting to regret buying this game. I think most of all im disappointed in my first attempt. Its like im trying to recreate that first experience and its impossible, even if my first experience lasted about 5-10 minutes before i died. IDK its hard to explain. I wish i could just land a cool map and be happy with it, but i think thats more of a me issue than it is an issue with the game.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I bought minecraft, my nephew seems to love it, and i played the demo a few times and thought it was fun. I had 20 dollars in MS points and nothing really to buy so what the hell, i went for it.

Started a game and right away i find some clay by the beachside (ive never seen clay before during my demo playthroughs), i grab it all and make my way to a nice high cliff which looked like a great spot to build a house. After a while it is starting to get dark so i scrambled to build my house before the monsters came out. I manage to only build walls, 3 layers, and had no more wood for the roof. So i end up getting killed because the enemies can somehow hit me over the walls. I lose all my stuff, and im mad so i dont save and go to start a new game.

Well since then ive probably started a new game 20 times and each time im not very satisfied with the map layout i get. Most of my time has been spent creating a new map, and walking around in it for 5-10 minutes only to say, meh lets try again. I even put it so there are no enemies. Im trying to get into it, but for whatever reason im starting to regret buying this game. I think most of all im disappointed in my first attempt. Its like im trying to recreate that first experience and its impossible, even if my first experience lasted about 5-10 minutes before i died. IDK its hard to explain. I wish i could just land a cool map and be happy with it, but i think thats more of a me issue than it is an issue with the game.[/QUOTE]

I understand where you're coming from. However, I am still on my first seed, and it is awful. Part of the fun of Minecraft for me is overcoming the terrible world seed, whether that's no snow, very little resources, or just a crappy layout. So keep working at it, I have had a blast with this game. Also, if you want to come check out my world, or need help on your world, hit me up with a friend request.

I'm curious, does anyone else find that Minecraft is an excellent stress reliever?

my main map is seed #10

very big hills, no snow at all and TONS of caverns

when you start digging you'll run into cave after cave, it's fun

[quote name='Dark Rider']I'm curious, does anyone else find that Minecraft is an excellent stress reliever?[/QUOTE]

Thats another reason why i was interested, it seems like a really nice way to just sit back, relax, and it has some soothing music.

Ill give it a shot. I started a land with the seed name Rapture, seemed to have a bunch of little lakes. Another seed i used was The Hollow, just to see if either would resemble anything like bioshock or gears of war. LOL. Both maps were pretty nice. If anyone put those names in they would get the same exact map?

[quote name='The 7th Number']Thats another reason why i was interested, it seems like a really nice way to just sit back, relax, and it has some soothing music.

Ill give it a shot. I started a land with the seed name Rapture, seemed to have a bunch of little lakes. Another seed i used was The Hollow, just to see if either would resemble anything like bioshock or gears of war. LOL. Both maps were pretty nice. If anyone put those names in they would get the same exact map?[/QUOTE]

Yep seeds are the same for everyone

[quote name='The 7th Number']Thats another reason why i was interested, it seems like a really nice way to just sit back, relax, and it has some soothing music.

Ill give it a shot. I started a land with the seed name Rapture, seemed to have a bunch of little lakes. Another seed i used was The Hollow, just to see if either would resemble anything like bioshock or gears of war. LOL. Both maps were pretty nice. If anyone put those names in they would get the same exact map?[/QUOTE]

yes, if you spell it the same way, have the same upper/lower case, and have the same things like spaces, the world will be exactly the same. the world generated is based on the characters inputted. like a popular seed is gargamel. gargamel isn't hard programmed in there. the world generator takes the gargamel letters and makes the world based on that combination of characters.

so that's why people put in random words and sees what world is generated. unfortunately, some inappropriate words may generate some nice worlds. :lol:

nice to have more Gears in Minecraft but the current skin pack 1 also has a lot of Gears skins. but I didn't particularly like the Gears skins in pack 1. Cole Train is hard to tell. My friends couldn't even tell it was a football player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjPmlxWGHT0

0:19 Clayton Carmine
0:25 Cole Train
0:29 Locust Drone

I'm still on my day one seed. I was so pissed that you don't start with a map. It took me so long to find the materials to make it after setting up the start of my giant mountain house. My brother starts a game the next night and I see he already has a map... WTF?? I then come to find I lost the map when I got killed (the first of many times) my first night in the game.

Hey what's that hissing noi---BOOM!!

I'm struggling with not buying this next skin pack. I know it's only 160 points and I LOVE Jet Force Gemini but I only play with my brother and he just lost both his job and live. I don't wanna be dressed as a dog playing with myself where nobody can see me...

In case you missed the avatar masks earlier (I did) you can get them this way:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327113

It didn't work for my main email (an account I've used for 10 years and never had a problem with for any other promo) but it worked for an old gmail account I never use for anything - go figure. I should say it "worked" in that it said "Success" but I never got the email from them. On my gmail account I got them instantly. I gave those codes to my son. I still need to get a set for myself and for my other son so I guess I'll have to make more free email accounts for that - stupid that I have to do that when me and my son have perfectly valid email accounts that they just don't send stuff to for some reason (and yeah, I checked spam folder and all that).

[quote name='io']In case you missed the avatar masks earlier (I did) you can get them this way:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327113

It didn't work for my main email (an account I've used for 10 years and never had a problem with for any other promo) but it worked for an old gmail account I never use for anything - go figure. I should say it "worked" in that it said "Success" but I never got the email from them. On my gmail account I got them instantly. I gave those codes to my son. I still need to get a set for myself and for my other son so I guess I'll have to make more free email accounts for that - stupid that I have to do that when me and my son have perfectly valid email accounts that they just don't send stuff to for some reason (and yeah, I checked spam folder and all that).[/QUOTE]

Thanks io! I didn't want to text, but didn't realize they added email. I used my Yahoo email and it worked fine.

Is there a list of what the skins are in skin pack 2? I don't mean pictures, but a text list, though even better, text and pictures.

Lol it seems that I go many many weeks without playing Minecraft and then I get back into it playing until 2AM in the morning. :cold: The railway isn't going to build itself! ;)

Finally got slime spawner working decently and a mob grinder running. Started this world after first patch and kept it legit. It's pretty awesome.

I finished a nutty project I works a long time on that I'll have pictures of later today/tomorrow.

Next task, super rail station at the center of my map but right before, slime farm.

I plugged in my seed into a new world and found a metric crap ton of clay. It's kinda sad. It was weird looking at the mountain again before it was my house. I'll recheck my world after every new update to see what it would look like with jungles and mushroom biomes and all that and just be sad cause I won't get rid of my original world for all the jungle cats in the world. (of Minecraft)

somehow, I think the guy in the video above skipped some skins:

1. Enderman Man – Minecraft
2. Pig Man – Minecraft
3. Sheep Man – Minecraft
4. Naked Sheep Man – Minecraft
5. Spider Man – Minecraft
6. General Akamoto – Skulls of the Shogun
7. Otus – Owlboy
8. Meat Boy – Super Meat Boy
9. Agent Cobalt- Cobalt
10. Zapp – Gamma Bros
11. Buzz – Gamma Bros
12. Glorg – Glorg
13. The Player – Retro City Rampage
14. Spelunky Guy – Spelunky
15. Green Knight – Castle Crashers
16. Orange Knight – Castle Crashers
17. Blue Knight – Castle Crashers
18. Red Knight – Castle Crashers
19. Marcus Fenix – Gears of War 3
20. Skorge – Gears of War
21. Anya Stroud – Gears of War
22. Damon Baird – Gears of War: Judgment
23. Joanna Dark – Perfect Dark
24. Joanna Dark (dress) – Perfect Dark
25. Joanna Dark – Perfect Dark Zero
26. Elvis – Perfect Dark
27. Juno – Jet Force Gemini
28. Vela – Jet Force Gemini
29. Lupus – Jet Force Gemini
30. Horstachio – Viva Piñata
31. Pretztail – Viva Piñata
32. Fizzlybear – Viva Piñata
33. Bill – Left4Dead
34. Louis – Left4Dead
35. Francis – Left4Dead
36. Zoey – Left4Dead
37. Hunter – Left4Dead
38. Boomer – Left4Dead
39. Witch – Left4Dead
40. Agent Level 5 – Crackdown 2
41. Pilot
42. Sailor
43. Pirate
44. Ninja
45. Elf

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']Eh, I just want the enderman man.[/QUOTE]
I can't decide whether I want to be Louis or Marcus. Probably Louis. :)

I'm going to find a golden apple. I've found 3-5 dungeons before these 6. These 6 I started looking for today while the others were stumbled upon.

#1 (random crap I didn't copy down)

#2 2 chests
Cocoa x2
wheat x4
bread x1
iron bars x3
saddle x2
red stone dust x7

#3 2 chests
bucket x2
wheat x5
cocoa x1
string x6
iron bars x8

#4 1 chest
wheat x1
cocoa x1
iron bars x4
bread x1
bucket x1
string x2
gun powder x3

#5 2 chests
iron bar x1
cocoa x2
saddle x1
bucket x2
red stone dust x6
bread x1
wheat x5
string x1
gun powder x3

#6 1 chest
saddle x1
bread x2
cocoa x1
bucket x1
gun powder x3

Just gonna go for a quick walk
Nothingtoseehere.jpg

Seems legit?
fishycave.jpg

To Heaven? What's to lose?
Illbuy.jpg

Wile E. Coyote moment...
ohcrap.jpg

Lucky I survived this.
burninghole.jpg

Oh this seems friendly.
looksnice.jpg

Gotta go through Hell to get to Heaven, right?
stairwaytoheaven.jpg

Stairway to watermelon?
isthatawatermelon.jpg

This doesn't feel right.
ahouse.jpg

Better look out....side?
ohboy.jpg

What the Hell is this place?
hmmm.jpg

Sure love that orange tree.
lovethatorangetree.jpg

Nice beach and lighthouse. Wave crashing ashore.
wavesonthebeach.jpg

Top of this strange world from the setting sun side.
viewfromsettingsun.jpg

Top of this strange world from the rising moon side.
viewfromrisingmoon.jpg

Hey wait.............. There is no way out!!!!!!!!
Sorry I had some time on my hands the last few days and just now for this lovely story.
Took a very long time to hollow out this place. Lots of tnt and pick axes.
Fun note, all the clouds are tetriminos, even the lightning.

bread's done
Back