Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition - 1600 points

[quote name='mrfury']Just finished all the achievements, on a rail took a long time. Atleast it was fun to make unlike trapping a stupid pig and making him fall lol.[/QUOTE]

When I did it myself, it wasn't that hard, but for some reason, when I went to help out my cousin, it took us 5 tries! That's a tougher achievement for sure.

On the rail isn't hard its just very time consuming especially since I did mine underground and kept running into lava, that's weird it would take a few tries you would think their wouldnt be a problem.

Yeah I saw that Game of Thrones screens and vid, amazing, amazing stuff.

Lol kind of puts my floating glass house/platform over the ocean to shame.

I've finished the first stage of construction of my skyscraper apartment building, which is currently 14 floors tall. Here's the view from the bottom:

532230_415207455187097_1709974177_n.jpg

The entire building from afar. The top floor is built as high as you can build and it's all-glass to give you a great view of your surroundings. You can also see the water and lava floors along with the start of my second phase of construction to expand the tower underground.

600099_415208168520359_1798563319_n.jpg

Based on a part of the mountain that I carved out to make the tower, there is a waterfall that starts from the top floor and goes all the way to the bottom where I have some sugar cane crops growing in my waterfall garden. I've capped off the water below so I can excavate without water getting in the way.

293283_415208461853663_1465659088_n.jpg

It'll be interesting to see how the excavation goes since I'm sure that I'll need to come back up to get wood for torches, pickaxes, and other things.

Here is link to my last post from a while ago, so you can see my progress. :D

A front picture of my empire.

289960_265370216896956_220841199_o.jpg

Here is an over head view from (sorta) the back of me empire.
Left - is 'the beacon'. It helped me find my house when it was tiny. I keep it as a monument.
Down - A concert hall. Not entirely sure why I built this.
Right - 'The Arch Tower'. Removed a small greenhouse and replaced it with this.
Forward - My house
Between wall and my house is a tall Watch Tower

177491_265372963563348_946951741_o.jpg

View from the top of the 'Watch Tower'.
Right is 'The Village'. Where I house guests in my world.

288395_265370950230216_568795416_o.jpg

'The Village'

336438_265370793563565_1140416663_o.jpg

The Concert Hall

338779_265371433563501_705473775_o.jpg

My bed room. (Inside the giant building). I think I showed this in the last post of pictures.

178585_265371770230134_1766862921_o.jpg

There's more I haven't shown, but I think I will leave that for a later date.

So that's my world. What do you guys think?

anybody know some cool buildings/places to put in a town?

so far in the town:
various peoples houses/farms
apartment complex
football stadium
library
marina
lighthouse
community workshop
food bank
strip club
incinerator
windmill
bridge to nether
various fountains/pools of water

things plan to build:
baseball stadium
soccer stadium
community dog kennel
police station with jail
bars
massive farm area
volcano
pyramids

the world has many islands and a crazy mine system that is absolutely epic. nothing but connecting caverns with tons of flowing lava waterfalls. everytime i go into a mine, i can never retrace my steps to the entrance and end up having to dig up at a random spot. its crazy huge

i have a couple guys i play with but theyre not always on so im always open to laid back people to play with. i normally just grab a case of beer and explore mines to build up my town so just shoot me an invite if you wanna explore & build

ill post up some pics if people want

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yeah I saw that Game of Thrones screens and vid, amazing, amazing stuff.

Lol kind of puts my floating glass house/platform over the ocean to shame.[/QUOTE]

the game of thrones world looks amazing.

but it doesn't seem to have been done by playing the game. It appears to use mods and scripting to do a lot of the work. Just like how the Enterprise one was done by using external PC programs.

My first creation, not great but not bad. Plan on building a small kingdom around this one, then creating other kingdoms across the world and connecting them via minecart.

531353_3010492201075_1995560944_n.jpg

531238_3010462440331_1797288016_n.jpg

Everyones pictures look awrsome! I don't have the game yet but I'm slowly being convinced by everyones work. I know there are animals in the game, can you trap them and make a zoo type thing?

Minecraft on Xbox 360 broke one million sales in the first week. They're obviously doing something correct. :p

[quote name='Nealocus123']Everyones pictures look awrsome! I don't have the game yet but I'm slowly being convinced by everyones work. I know there are animals in the game, can you trap them and make a zoo type thing?[/QUOTE]

with the current version, you can't trap animals for farming or any zoo type thing because the PC version it's based on didn't support it. in a couple of updates, you'll be able to cage them. I build animal pens, not knowing this. at least I'll be ready when the update goes live.

[quote name='dirtyvu']with the current version, you can't trap animals for farming or any zoo type thing because the PC version it's based on didn't support it. in a couple of updates, you'll be able to cage them. I build animal pens, not knowing this. at least I'll be ready when the update goes live.[/QUOTE]

Not 100% true. You can "trap" tamed wolves in a fence enclosure and they'll stay there. It doesn't serve any purpose other than having the "zoo effect", but it's something.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Not 100% true. You can "trap" tamed wolves in a fence enclosure and they'll stay there. It doesn't serve any purpose other than having the "zoo effect", but it's something.[/QUOTE]

I guess if you want to include them. Or you can just tell them to sit and they'll stay there no matter where you go. No need to fence in your pets.

On a side note, I can't keep any of my wolves safe! I either strike them when I'm mining. Or I get attacked and the wolves try to defend me so I either shoot them while attacking the zombies or the zombies kill them.

I've also had my wolves somehow drown on me. Or plummet to their deaths.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Everytime I see something like this...it makes my accomplishments in Minecraft look like shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0gLX_Kn_S8

That is so fucking insane!!![/QUOTE]

Just played 2 hours of this on PC, it is truly an achievement. Its so huge and soooo badass.

On XBOX minecraft topic..... When i join other peoples worlds that are huge, and i ride a cart....it pops in sooooo slow. My question is, will they ever improve on that or is the xbox pushed so far already with this. Im afraid with the new updates it will make this game load even slower. specially if they ever add texture mods.

Great pics guys, love what you all have done.

I really need to read up on how water turns into ice. I tried to build a moat around my snow castle and the source pieces I kept putting down kept freezing (Just the source blocks froze, the rest of the moat just dissapeared). This gave me the idea to turn my Snow Castle into an ice castle but when I tried replacing the first row of my castle, it wouldn't turn into ice, it just kept flooding my house.

I'm guessing its probably because I started from the bottom up so the water was covered by stuff and couldnt freeze? I guess i'll try starting at the roof and see how that works, but if the issue is water source not being able to freeze because something is on top of it, that means i would literally have to start from scratch and make a house from the ground up.

Man, there are some great pictures on here. I've got a pretty nice fortress I have build into a mountain; my main mine is right outside my bunker system.

I've spent the last couple of nights adding a mine cart track to my mine to take me to the bottom (and back up) for lava mining purposes. I ended up blocking off a lot of caverns and tunnels that were dead ends or I didn't pursue further for esthetic purposes. I've used most of the Stone blocks that I had duped (a whole double storage container full of 64 blocks) to repair walls and swap dirt and gravel walls with matching stone walls. I have actually spent more time doing that than building my new rail system.

From Major Nelson's Twitter, Minecraft is getting the next update late tonight/tomorrow, free Summer of Arcade character skins next week.

The skin selector is part of the update so free skins are pretty cool.

Pistons and sticky pistons are in the update. Sticky pistons require slime balls. I've still only encountered 1 slime in the game and collected the two balls (lol) that it dropped. I hope they're adding more slimes as well. Anyone found lost of slimes?

Are all of the skins going to be free or are some paid? I've seen a lot of pictures of them, but no information about whether they're free or not.

I'm pretty sure there is one pack that will cost something - I've seen 160 MSP. Others will be free.

[quote name='Ziv']From Major Nelson's Twitter, Minecraft is getting the next update late tonight/tomorrow, free Summer of Arcade character skins next week.

The skin selector is part of the update so free skins are pretty cool.

Pistons and sticky pistons are in the update. Sticky pistons require slime balls. I've still only encountered 1 slime in the game and collected the two balls (lol) that it dropped. I hope they're adding more slimes as well. Anyone found lost of slimes?[/QUOTE]

My son did something that resulted in slimes generating. I think you have to make a huge cavern down at bedrock and not have lava in it - then they generate there. I saw him fighting lots of them, so he was doing something right.

Hmmm - I still want to dup more, but it will be even harder once the patch comes out. By the way, my son was still able to dup with the last patch - it is just a little trickier. You have to hold down A (or X) or something while the other player breaks the dispenser and it still dups the one item you are picking up and placing repeatedly. Again, I'm not sure of the details but it is something like that. He's been doing that every day since the last patch. I only ever played once since the last patch (and I backed the patch out so I could dup the old way). I still want to create my underground railway so I need lots of duped stuff (TNT, rail, paintings to put up along the route ;)).

Yeah, there's paid skins coming, but next week they're putting out skins based on the Summer of Arcade games that will be free.

Looks like the update is out! Downloading now. :)

EDIT - Yup, first thing I noticed, there's now an option for "Allow Friends of Friends" when you load your world. For some reason, it's checked by default (I guess just because that's the way it was before).

Also, one of the loading screens was advertising DLC being up, but when I looked, it appears to just be gamer pics of the different objects in the game. Pretty lame.

Features:whistle2:

- Added Pistons & Sticky Pistons.
- Added Stackable fences.
- Added Shears – required to get wool from sheep, and to collect leaf blocks.
- TNT needs Flint and Steel or Redstone to detonate.
- Redstone wire will now connect to a repeater.
- New textures for Cobblestone and Brick.
- Added Character Skin Selector to allow players to choose their skin from the default skins, or from Downloadable Content skin packs.
- Added lighting improvements (brought forward from 1.8.2 update) and snow & rain improvements.
- Added a save file cache to improve the speed of displaying the saves list.
- Added ban list functionality to allow players to self-ban from levels they feel contain offensive content.
- Added a ban list section to the How To Play menus.
- Added an option for the host to limit online games to only players in their friends list (no friends of friends).
- Added a seed display to the level load screen (requires existing levels to be saved out again to add the display).
- Changed the tooltip display setting to in-game tooltip display, so that tooltips always display in menus.
- Added the crosshair to the list of things affected by the opacity slider.
- On using the quickselect bar, the opacity of the quickselect, tooltips, splitscreen gamertag display, and crosshair will be set to 80,
and will fade back down to the user opacity setting after 6 seconds of no quickselect bar use.
- Added some more Tips & Trivia to the loading/saving screen display.
Tutorial World changes & additions:whistle2:

- Added optional tutorial for Pistons and Redstone.
- Added a self-building bridge to the castle using Pistons.
- Added some sugar cane, cactii and clay to the world.
- Added a few other things for players to discover.

Fixes:whistle2:

- Fix for only the host being shown the pop-up when any player attempts to place lava near the spawn point.
- Fixed tooltip for Flint and Steel.
- Fix for Note blocks not showing notes.
- Fix for Leaderboard reads taking too long.
- Fix to block players re-entering a level they have been kicked from, until the level is restarted.
- Fix to stop players being able to join a game when they are not a friend of any player in the game.
- Fix for Netherracks re-appearing after being mined.
- Fix for a rare crash on entering the Nether.
- Fix for attacking enemies at a different level not damaging them.
- Fixed a problem causing some save games not to load.
- Removed Herobrine.

On a whim I bought this a couple days ago and it's really addictive. Last night I made one of those portals to the nether world or whatever and I was wondering if there's any reason to really explore it? It just seems like a lot of soul sand and the stuff that burns forever.

Skin pack coming July 16th is confirmed at 160MSP ($2).
Includes:

1. Creeper
2. SquidMan
3. Zombie
4. Herobrine
5. Jack of Blades, Fable Heroes
6. Hero, Fable Heroes
7. Garth, Fable Heroes
8. Reaver, Fable Heroes
9. Hammer, Fable Heroes
10. Locust Drone, Gears of War
11. Clayton Carmine, Gears of War
12. Cole, The Cole Train, Gears of War
13. Master Chief, Halo
14. Covenant Grunt, Halo
15. Covenant Brute, Halo
16. Banjo, Banjo-Kazooie
17. Grunty, Banjo-Kazooie
18. Bottles the Mole, Banjo-Kazooie
19. Tooty, Banjo-Kazooie
20. Mumbo Jumbo, Banjo-Kazooie
21. Klungo, Banjo-Kazooie
22. Trials man, Trials HD
23. Freestyle, Trials Evolution
24. Old-School, Trials Evolution
25. Biker, Trials Evolution
26. Combat, Trials Evolution
27. ‘Splosion Man, ‘Splosion Man
28. Scientist Wilson, ‘Splosion Man
29. Scientist Danklef, ‘Splosion Man
30. Ms. ‘Splosion Man, Ms. ‘Splosion Man
31. Mandy Elite, Ms. ‘Splosion Man
32. Racing Driver 1
33. Racing Driver 2
34. Racing Driver 3
35. Racing Driver 4
36. Nurse
37. Prisoner
38. Victorian Swimmer
39. Deep Sea Diver
40. King
41. Queen
42. Jester
43. Knight Templar
44. Black Knight
45. Wizard

- Added some sugar cane, cactii and clay to the world.
- Added a few other things for players to discover.

Does this mean added to existing worlds? If so, that is awesome - I'll want to find me some clay!

Edit: D'oh! According to the resident Minecraft expert in my house (my 12 year-old son) that stuff was added into the tutorial world. Bah...

have you guys noticed the improved lighting? the changes really stood out for me, especially when I was underground. for example, torch light looks more yellow. And the lighting throughout the day is different than before. And it affects how you use the Clock tool as I now surface or go underground/indoors at different positions on the clock than before.

I also played with the new skins. Some of them are a bit girly.

Achievement Hunter's video overview of the big update:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZzULwfkRCg

[quote name='io']Does this mean added to existing worlds? If so, that is awesome - I'll want to find me some clay!

Edit: D'oh! According to the resident Minecraft expert in my house (my 12 year-old son) that stuff was added into the tutorial world. Bah...[/QUOTE]
It does say this above it: "Tutorial World changes & additions:"

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']
It does say this above it: "Tutorial World changes & additions:"[/QUOTE]

In my defense that was formatted as part of the paragraph before so I didn't even see that ;).

[quote name='dirtyvu']so does that mean all new additions require that you create a new world? stuff like slime and more clay?[/QUOTE]

They added clay with the last update and yeah, you have to make a new world for it. I was hoping they would somehow figure out how to add it into existing worlds but I guess not. It could be done by looking at areas that would have otherwise had clay and if they still have their original material (gravel, dirt, sand, water, whatever) substitute clay in there.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Anybody else's cooked porkchops turn white? I'm not comfortable eating the meat from albino pigs.[/QUOTE]

Why asks the albino gamer

[quote name='dirtyvu']so does that mean all new additions require that you create a new world? stuff like slime and more clay?[/QUOTE]

Slimed been around since day 1

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Anybody else's cooked porkchops turn white? I'm not comfortable eating the meat from albino pigs.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah I noticed that too.

Wow, been playing a while but decided to read the how tos and apparently you can save a screenshot of your game. So I uploaded one to my Facebook account and bam, free Premium theme! :bouncy:

It seems like the white trees also disappeared, which is another odd color change from this update.

I finished my skyscraper last night, as I reached bedrock at the bottom of the world. It's 32 floors tall and I'll post screenshots a bit later today.

[quote name='crunchewy']If you buy the skin pack, does everyone on the console get to use them, or are they tied to a gamertag?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to assume everyone on the console can use them because my son woke me up this morning to buy them and I said to go ahead and do it (on my account). He's been playing on his account all day and hasn't said anything to me - so, yeah, actually, without even seeing it myself that is pretty much 100% confirmation that they work for other gamertags. Because I would have heard about it otherwise ;).

I followed the plans I found online and made a mob grinder. Mining cobblestone took an inordinate amount of time, and of course I didn't realize I could have just made a cobblestone generator right next to the grinder until after I had finished it :wall:.

I'm thinking I might make a castle around the small farm I've already built. Is there any way to get a lot of iron? I'd like to build a cart system, but I need a lot of iron and I don't seem to find it very often.

I've been neglecting this game for too long. Gonna have to craft something vicious with my brother tonight. Dig into the latest update a bit and finish my boat house.

Currently digging the land around my castle to create a mote and then a piston drawbridge. So excited about these pistons, need to bone up on how to properly make circuits and junk.

bread's done
Back