Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

Okay... what is the deal here? We got a MASSIVE sale going on at CC and not a single word said in this thread..... come on Minnesota wake up damn it. I know we have a LOSING baseball team, a basketball team that has gone down the drain, a hockey team that has gone nowhere, and a football team that blows the big one every single damn time.... that doesn't give any of you any excuses here on CAG.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Okay... what is the deal here? We got a MASSIVE sale going on at CC and not a single word said in this thread..... come on Minnesota wake up damn it. I know we have a LOSING baseball team, a basketball team that has gone down the drain, a hockey team that has gone nowhere, and a football team that blows the big one every single damn time.... that doesn't give any of you any excuses here on CAG.[/QUOTE]

All this week I was deciding what I would buy. Then I realized, that despite the fact that they're great deals, I still have games I haven't played from the Toys 'R Us deal from this winter. And beyond that I have still games left over from the Game Crazy "classic plastic" sale of last year untouched since I bought them. At the rate I'm going, not only will I never finish all the games I've bought, I might not even get them out of the plastic.

We should have a contest. How many "cheap" games do you now currently own that you bought because it was a deal you couldn't refuse, but still haven't played/finished?

Right now, I'm officially at 26. If I hadn't just sold a pile away, the number would be over 30. I was ready to add 2 more from this CC sale, but it's apparent now that I have a sickness.

So best me if you can, you Minnesota cheap-skates!

LOL. I haven't visit this site for a long time.

The new Street Fighter game is coming up, and it's the second and probably the last game I'll pick up this year.

I heard GS is having a trade-in bonus. I need some ideas on where and what to pick up so I can trade them in! Help fellow MNers?

What's up with all of those crazy rides by Northtown? LOL.

[quote name='iflabs']LOL. I haven't visit this site for a long time.

The new Street Fighter game is coming up, and it's the second and probably the last game I'll pick up this year.

I heard GS is having a trade-in bonus. I need some ideas on where and what to pick up so I can trade them in! Help fellow MNers?

What's up with all of those crazy rides by Northtown? LOL.[/QUOTE]
LOL.

to anyone out there who trolls the South Metro checking for games/dvds and the such. A new store opened in Lakeville called World of Games.

[quote name='jesusjones']to anyone out there who trolls the South Metro checking for games/dvds and the such. A new store opened in Lakeville called World of Games.[/quote]

Awesome, thanks for the info. Do you know if they have games from a bunch of different platforms, or just current Gen? Local game stores like that can be great places to find rare games, and now that EB/GS is getting rid of anything before the 128 bit era, one of the only places this side of ebay to find ANY old games.

[quote name='dbiersdorf']Anyone have luck finding a DS Lite? I checked all over, nothing. :([/QUOTE]

Places I've checked that didn't have em:

Walmart, Vadnais Heights off Cty E
Target, Vadnais Heights off Cty E
Target, Burnsville off Cty 42 and off Cliff
Toys r Us, Burnsville off Cty 42
Sears, Burnsville Mall

I hear a Target in Crystal has em. Too outta my way though.

Wal-Mart, Forrest Lake - had em but now pulled.
Wal-Mart and Target, Northtown - none, didn't bother asking especially at that Wal-Mart which is worse than being in Hell.

Sorry for the wait in replying...crazy day. Yeah, they carry stuff from 2600 to now. Saw a few good ones, Shining Wisdom for Saturn, some other assorted stuff. A few DVD movies, as well.

Been a while since I last posted in the local board. I think I will be hitting EB in Maplewood tomorrow... Is it still an EB or is it a GS now?

ha, this is SWEET! i didn't know so many cheap-ass gamers lived right here in MN.

if this hasn't been mentioned already, a place opened up very recently in the Arden Hills-Roseville area on Lexington Ave (across from the Target) called Sava Media. They sell used systems for about $10-$20 cheaper than GS and EB and their games are priced pretty good. i think i picked up soul calibur 2 there for like $8-$9. just to throw it out for those who live close to that.

I just got word of mouth that the older Gamestop (aka formerly Funcoland) in Blaine is closing at the end of July since the lease is up. I don't know if any closing sales are planned but hopefully if I hear anything I'll post it.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I just got word of mouth that the older Gamestop (aka formerly Funcoland) in Blaine is closing at the end of July since the lease is up. I don't know if any closing sales are planned but hopefully if I hear anything I'll post it.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't hold my breath considering the other location is less than a block away. Hell they could walk the stuff over.

My boss informed me today that the Hudson Toyriffic store will be putting their DS Lites on sale tomorrow (technically today, Wednesday), and Maplewood should have them in stock on Thursday. The catch? $149.99 each. But if you need 'em early, now you have the option.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I wouldn't hold my breath considering the other location is less than a block away. Hell they could walk the stuff over.[/QUOTE]

I'm not holding my breath either but who knows. We all know how backasswards Gamestop as a company is. ;)

Also for all WWE fans apparently Ticketbastard... I mean Ticketmaster has an Internet presale on tickets for the Smackdown/ECW TV taping starting tody at 9 AM. I might jump in on it but seeing that I'm sitting on 2 front row tickets for the ROH 8/25 show which we all know will be 1,000,000% better....

Oh well, one only lives once right. ;)

i checked on ebay and rez is selling for about $40 (was it re-printed?). But if someones looking for a place in MN that has it so you can pick it up now, the Gamestop in Shakopee has a copy (complete too). And I'm not sure but I went to GS in Shakopee, Savage, Eden Prarie, and a EB at the EP Mall and from what I remember there were no PS1 games, but a GS in Brooklyn Park has hundreds of them. (Maybe they were all sent there?) Anyways hopes that helps someone, and I was just wondering if anyone knows were i can pick up a copy of two games called Poy Poy, and Incredible Crisis both for the PS1. Thanks

[quote name='Demolition Man']So who is running out and buying a DS Lite today?

RedVsBlue we know you got one you lucky bastard. Don't forget who tipped you off. ;)[/QUOTE]

Are you saying you tipped me off? When?

For what its worth though I will be picking up my preordered/paid off Lite from Gamestop tomorrow to return to Target though.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Are you saying you tipped me off? When?[/QUOTE]

I thought you jumped in after I mentioned the Forrest Lake Wallyworld had them out. Maybe I mistaken but oh well. You scored one early which what matters the most. :D

[quote name='Demolition Man']I thought you jumped in after I mentioned the Forrest Lake Wallyworld had them out. Maybe I mistaken but oh well. You scored one early which what matters the most. :D[/QUOTE]

No, actually I got mine a few hours after Trakan posted his story about Target. I bought mine at a Target in St. Cloud here.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']No, actually I got mine a few hours after Trakan posted his story about Target. I bought mine at a Target in St. Cloud here.[/QUOTE]

Nice score regardless. I'm a few days away from getting mine. So worth it tho. I can't wait. :D

The CC in Burnsville had almost all of the titles in stock, I picked up Castlevania COD but there were a couple more of that title left. Sly 2 was ringing up there for $19.99.

[quote name='iflabs']Is Circuit City wiped out clean from the sale? (How the heck did I miss this sale?)[/QUOTE]

There are some titles left but sadly I can't remember which ones are left at the moment.

Edit: I think there are a few Castlevania COD's left. Better leave me one folks. :D

Okay for those around the Blaine, MN area my CC still has a few Wild Arms 4, a few of the Getting Up LEs for the PS2, a few Castlevania CODs, and a number of other titles in. I didn't look for everything but dayom I can't believe nobody has hit up on this around here yet.

There ya go my fellow CAG peeps. :D

[quote name='Demolition Man']Okay for those around the Blaine, MN area my CC still has a few Wild Arms 4, a few of the Getting Up LEs for the PS2, a few Castlevania CODs, and a number of other titles in. I didn't look for everything but dayom I can't believe nobody has hit up on this around here yet.

There ya go my fellow CAG peeps. :D[/QUOTE]

Gauntlet Seven Sorrows? That was the only one I wanted that I couldn't find up here.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Gauntlet Seven Sorrows? That was the only one I wanted that I couldn't find up here.[/QUOTE]

I'll check tommorow on that. If I find one I'll grab it for you and we'll work out some kind of trade or something. :D

Edit: Which system are you looking for it on?

[quote name='Demolition Man']I'll check tommorow on that. If I find one I'll grab it for you and we'll work out some kind of trade or something. :D[/QUOTE]

You say trade but I hear bribe...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You say trade but I hear bribe...[/QUOTE]

:lol:

In all seriousness there are only a few games from this sale I'm looking for that my CC hasn't had in eons - namely World Tour Poker DS and Golden Sun GBA. But like I said I'll check my store tommorow to see if there is a copy left.

[quote name='Demolition Man']:lol:

In all seriousness there are only a few games from this sale I'm looking for that my CC hasn't had in eons - namely World Tour Poker DS and Golden Sun GBA. But like I said I'll check my store tommorow to see if there is a copy left.[/QUOTE]

Damn, Poker for DS was one of the games I wanted. OH well...

Well I got my Lite now anyway, awesome little machine.

Anyone seen any good prices on QUALITY Game Boy Advance titles that are complete in box? I haven't bought a new GBA game in awhile now, I'd like to get something.

[quote name='iflabs']I went looking for the Time Crisis package yesterday at the Blaine CC and found nothing. Did they even mark anything for sale?[/quote]

I have the Time Crisis 3 pack from EB. I don't know if its the same, but I cant play it on my new tv, so do you wanna meet up at MOA and buy it?

[quote name='iflabs']I went looking for the Time Crisis package yesterday at the Blaine CC and found nothing. Did they even mark anything for sale?[/QUOTE]

As far as "Time Crisis 3" they are next to the PS2s. As far as the markdowns... trust me we've been doing the best we can to get them done. But between that and a number of other things that need to get done along with taking care of customers.... trust me, we are doing the best we can.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Damn, Poker for DS was one of the games I wanted. OH well...[/QUOTE]

Bad news... my CC didn't have the Gauntlet game. :cry: It was worth a shot tho.

[quote name='elross66']I picked Meteos on clearance at the Andover Target for $7.48. They had 2 left.[/QUOTE]

That store is literally within walking distance of my parent's house. I'm staying there for the weekend so I can guarantee you I will be picking up one of those. Thanks for letting me know though. Oddly enough, just last weekend I saw Meteos sitting on the shelf and thought "I wonder why they haven't clearanced these out yet?"

[quote name='Demolition Man']Bad news... my CC didn't have the Gauntlet game. :cry: It was worth a shot tho.[/QUOTE]

Ah fuck it, thanks for looking though. It gives me something to look for over the weekend I guess.

I just checked out the Target by Northtown yesterday in fact for clearance DS games. Not a single damn thing. There were some PSP games on clearance but the only title I remember is some older FIFA game. Hell there were hardly any DS games in their $19.99 selection as well. They did have a few DS Lites but the going trend is that everywhere pretty much has them in stock. Let's hope Nintendo does the same with the Wii as far as getting enough to stores to keep up with demand. :D

I also checked Wallyworld. Their $19.99 rack is a damn mess much like their $5.50 DVDs. Actually the DVD bin is worse as its in a mountain pile. Its not even worth digging through as just from the top of the pile all I ever see these days are floods of the same crap budget titles that have been there since Wally begain the bargain bin. Oh well.

Downtown Target has some DS games on clearance. Burnout Legends for $9, the urban Sims game and Pokemon Dash for $7.xx each. They also have the PS2 Nightmare Before Xmas: Oogies Revenge game for $7.xx

Well someone must have gotten the rest of the copies of Meteos at Andover Target either yesterday after elross was there or today before about 1 o'clock when I was there.

Today wasn't a total loss though because I found a cart only copy of Earthbound at Columbia Heights Pawn America for $2! I also picked up Star Fox and Stunt Race FX for SNES cause they were $2 as well. Good deal? You're damn right it was!

The Maplewood Circuit City has all the $8.96 titles seperated out for easier browsing.

Unfortunately there's no Gauntlet and no Poker for DS.

Can anyone pick up a copy of Pokemon Dash at Target downtown for me? I'll pay you for your effort. :)

Also anyone interested in a GP2X? I'm selling mine.

I can probably pick Pokemon Dash up for you(there were still a bunch of copies yesterday), but everything I've heard about the game has been absolutely horrible.

bread's done
Back