MLB 14: The Show (PS3 & PS4) - Closing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should start off without prior injuries so that everyone has a full team, and no one loses their all stat phenom starting pitcher to Tommy John surgery, or their closer to elbow ligament tears, before our season starts. I have absolutely no incentive to suggest that.
Only if you pick it up on PS3 and join our league there too.

[Scratch that, just found out my May schedule may be a bit crazy, so I'm out - have fun]

Last edited by a moderator:
PS3 players, I have the league set up. Let me know once you go online with the game..I tried sending manual invites, but it stated that none of you have ever been online so it couldn't send it. Lame. I can see people on my friend list to send invites only if they have been online with the game.

Here is the setup I went with..let me know if we want to make a change:

- 29 games (planning on doing quick counts to start with)

- 16 teams (to increase the amount of games we play against each other, hopefully)

- 4 playoff teams

- League Championship and World Series will be 3 game series

- Open schedule allows all games to be playable, so we can get our games in when we need to and not have to wait on everyone else

Here is our league:

NL West

Reds

Cardinals

Dodgers

Giants

NL Central

Nats

Braves

Mets - snakey

Cubs

AL West

Angels - hostyl1

Tigers

Rangers

Indians

AL Central

Yanks - Yanksfan

Red Sox - captaintek

Rays

Orioles

benStillerDoIt.jpg

If I get PS3 and start a franchise does anyone know if the franchise can be transferred to PS4? That would seal the deal for me.

If hostyl1 can't move over, I will take the Cubs. I admit, I want to squash the Tek led Red Sox with my Yankees, but since I suck at The Show, that probably wouldn't happen anyways.

I said I'd take the Nats if we were doing NL teams.  That's actually my first choice.  Then we'd also have balance with the human players in the same divisions.

I'm downloading now so I may not be done till the morning or late tonight.  I'll try and at least get on as soon as I can though.

Ok, can someone answer me something. I've played these games for years, and something I can never figure out is individual stealing. The controls menu says L stick in the direct you want, plus L2. With runners on 1st and 3rd, I've tried the following combinations:

- L pointing right for 1B, and L2.

- L pointing up for 2B, and L2.

- L point left, thinking maybe the 1B and 3B are reversed, and L2.

I always end up sending both runners.

Ok, can someone answer me something. I've played these games for years, and something I can never figure out is individual stealing. The controls menu says L stick in the direct you want, plus L2. With runners on 1st and 3rd, I've tried the following combinations:

- L pointing right for 1B, and L2.
- L pointing up for 2B, and L2.
- L point left, thinking maybe the 1B and 3B are reversed, and L2.

I always end up sending both runners.
I've had this exact issue as well for many years now. Not sure why I've never really tried to figure it out, but it feels good to not be the only one.

I'm going from memory of last year's game but wasn't L2 a "steal all" button? I think holding L1 and pointing toward the runner made just that runner steal.

Yanks, send me the invite for the league tonight so I can accept it tomorrow. And what difficulty are we playing on? Are things like swing type based on player preference?

Also, I think I may have the plat for this years game tomorrow, and definitely by Friday. Super easy this year.

Cool, gotcha hostyl1. I will send ya an invite for Nats once you get online with it.

Invites sent to Tek and Snake.

Tek, we will start on Vet and can go up or down from there. I didn't see any swing type prefs, so much be up to each person.

can i be the tigers instead of the mets
We got someone to be in the National League with ya. It is actually best this way, having 2 of us in each league. If you really don't want to play with the Mets, then we can see if hostyl1 is cool with going (back) to the Angels.

I'm playing RTTS now. After the pre-draft games, it projected me to go in the middle of the first round. I ended up being drafted by the Yankees. So two things happened in my head.

1. The Red Sox fan said "fuck that, I'm not playing for the Yankees."

2. The baseball fan realized that they already have a pretty good first baseman, and even if I went with them I'd just be riding the bench for a while.

So instead of signing with them, I went back to school for four years and tried again. This time I ended up killing it in the pre-draft games and got selected 2nd overall by the Marlins. I got called up to the Majors in my first season, and I've been riding the bench for a team that can't win more than 70 games. Sweet!

Theres alot of lag this year and lots of players just spazzing out online, hope the online play is smoother on ps4.

My first year of free agency with my RTTS player, and I received the following contract offers:

- Royals: 2 years, $36.26 million

- Reds: 2 years, $38.02 million

- Yankees: 2 years, $47.56 million

I'm glad they built the Yankee's ridiculous habit of overpaying players into this game.

Edit:

After I posted this, I simmed one more day and received a 3 year $78.06 million offer from the Red Sox and the Yankees withdrew their offer. So the Red Sox also have the over payment feature built in.

Wtf, trades are impossible in this game. What's with the $2.5 million budget for every team? I just tried to trade Clay Buccholz away (because he's the fucking worst) for a slightly lower caliber pitcher, and couldn't get it to go through because Clay gets paid less.

And I did put through a trade and now it has to be voted on.

That streak was over quick. Lost 3-2 on a walk off HR by Longoria in the 9th. Last fucking time I listen to their suggestion on pitch location.

Lost 5-4 to drop the series to the Rays. I only gave up 3 hits..unfortunately, they were all homers. fuck Matt Joyce man.

If it helps, I was trying to trade like 100 people to get Longoria on my team. But the stupid budget cap was in my way.
Good, you have a freakin beast team as it is. Thats the problem with you Sox fans, you're so entitled.

It's weak that the default rosters don't have Tanaka on them for NY. I got gypped. I guess I should have waited for actually good rosters instead.

Good, you have a freakin beast team as it is. Thats the problem with you Sox fans, you're so entitled.

It's weak that the default rosters don't have Tanaka on them for NY. I got gypped. I guess I should have waited for actually good rosters instead.
Will Middlebrooks at 3B and Clay Buchholz in my starting rotation. Nuff said.

Wtf is with quick counts? Every single AB I have in this first game I played, I'm starting with 2 strikes. The CPU only had a two strike start 2-3 times the whole game.

Aw man, I'm more bummed if I lose the stats from that game. 2 HRs for Ortiz. I think I was up to 10 Ks with Scherzer.

On a side note, the lag really is horrible. Sometimes it's barely noticeable, but other times it's awful

If I can't give you the win, I'll make sure to lose the rematch. Of course, I think I can just play normally and achieve that.

Well my thinking is that they've pushed the PS3 to its maximum CPU usage and that's why there's lag. If that's the issue it won't be an issue on ps4. If it's the server that's the problem, it's going to continue to be a problem. I think there's a decent chance that the issue is that they've just given the ps3 more than it can reasonably handle as far as framerate, processing, etc and it is effecting gameplay. Truthfully I have no idea what the problem is and I'm just guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back