MLB 14: The Show (PS3 & PS4) - Closing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize fellas for being MIA.  I'm not usually (this much of) a flake.  Things just got hectic personally and professionally so I havent been on my PS3 in a while.  Turns out, the damn thing never even DL'ed properly anyway.  Again, I'm sorry for holding you guys up.

Mea Culpa!

No problem hostyl1, I know you're reliable in leagues. Just join whenever you can and you can catch up. I am hoping the lag will get better once we get out of the game having that initial 'new' phase. I doubt it though.

Hmm, i just got drafted by the Braves in rtts. interesting, oh and my last name is Angus, better pepper my angus now that im drafted ;o

How was the ps3 league been going so far? Were you able to limit the games per season? How does scheduling work?

Yes, you can limit games and the schedule seems to work out fine. It just sucks playing a sport that demands precision timing with a bunch of lag.

I ended up playing two games this afternoon. Scherzer pitched a gem...7 innings, 0 runs, 12 K's and I bet the Orioles 1-0. Then Peavy gave up 2 HRs and 4 runs by the second inning. I had to leave early, so I just quit the game and accepted a 4-0 loss. fucking Peavy.

I lost all 3 games to the Cubs and I have Andre Either now lol.

Mets traded Ike Davis to the Pirates in real life, hmmm I thought he was our first baseman for years to come, oh well :(

For the PS3 league are you playing many games against human players? The online is a mess, but if you guys are mainly playing the CPU I might be interested in joining, at least until the PS4 version is out. I'm curious to mess around with online franchise before the PS4 version comes out, but don't really want to play anymore online games yet since it was majorly broken last time I tried.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the PS3 league are you playing many games against human players? The online is a mess, but if you guys are mainly playing the CPU I might be interested in joining, at least until the PS4 version is out. I'm curious to mess around with online franchise before the PS4 version comes out, but don't really want to play anymore online games yet since it was majorly broken last time I tried.
It is a mixture of both, but there should be matchups against humans at some point. Cubs are free :)

I lost all 3 games to the Cubs and I have Andre Either now lol.

Mets traded Ike Davis to the Pirates in real life, hmmm I thought he was our first baseman for years to come, oh well :(
They've been looking to trade him for awhile. I don't know why, his second half numbers are pretty good. In the 2nd half in 2012 he had a .888 OPS and in the 2nd half of 2013, he had a 950 OPS. He's still young enough that there is hope he can make some early season corrections and put it together for a full season.

Is snake the only other member in the ps3 league? I'm sure he won't be opposed to lowering the difficulty too. I don't think any of us have won more than two games.

Yep, it sure is a big league in here lol. I play online ranked matches everyday and i think they updated the servers or something. I get some games where its really smooth but now this shit freezes alot, man i need dat ps4 version so bad.

Is snake the only other member in the ps3 league? I'm sure he won't be opposed to lowering the difficulty too. I don't think any of us have won more than two games.
I've only played three still, will get some more in this weekend though. Those were the first few games I played in a couple of years, so I am hoping I am a little better by now. Still, I'm not opposed to trying a lower difficulty for the remainder of the season.

Yea, I need to invite you. Whats your PSN name? I will add you as a friend, then I can send you an invite.

Edit - Found it in your CAG profile, I wish I was smart enough to look before I ask.

Anyhow, sent you a friend request and an invite to the franchise as the Cubs owner.

Difficulty has been lowered to Rookie. If we start mashing too much, we can look to make adjustments from there.

I am starting my series against the Indians, Nova is starting the first game. I hope he does better than he did last night against TB. :/

Ha! Jack up the sliders if you need. I'm hoping to play a game later to test the lowered difficulty. Right now my team average is like .150. Which I think is on par with the actual Red Sox this year.

I just beat the Nats 6-2 and had 2 homeruns so i think rookie is easy enough for me.

And right when i win it failed to proccess the game correctly and got deleted, oh nice

I'm in for the PS4 league. I'll take the Atlanta Braves unless they were already claimed. Then I'll take the Brewers.

PSN: QuantumSlap

I am also in for the PS4 league, and I'd like to take the Orioles. 

PSN name is jbake_11

pineda.gif

Hey OP can you add me to the PS4 list as the Braves. I posted earlier (#32 in the thread I believe) but it looks like it wasn't added to the OP.

I am not going to be keeping up with the league at this point. The online is still too laggy for me to enjoy playing a sport that requires such precision timing. If someone wants to pick up the reigns for the PS4 league since there seems to be a lot of interest, please do so. I am going to update the OP with this message as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back