MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Thread: UFC/Strikeforce

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Yeah, had it not been a TUF fight Dana wouldn't have been so gung ho about. Both guys gassed really quick. Sure, they both threw some heavy shots, but by the middle of the first round they looked like rag dolls in there. Of course, I understand that Dana isn't going to say that the fight sucked. The cardio on a lot of these guys is incredibly bad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah after the first moments of the first round, all downhill :lol:

Just a weak interior door.

Kinda lame now seeing Rampage go on and own about how he's going to make Evans quit like a whiny little bitch. I hope he gets over his retirement shit quickly so we can in the near future have this fight.

i lost alot of respect for rampage after this show. to sit there in front of his fighters and say that they quit in the ring is pretty fucked up. on top of that the way he treats people is pretty shitty walking away from people after they lost a fight and then constantly picking on people its like how fucking old are you man? if any of the fighters were able to learn anything while being on that show its a miracle.

Wow this fight sucks . Its funny after the second round Dana says "They were throwing bombs!!" cut to clip where they put it to slow motion in order to make the fight look somewhat respectable.

[quote name='homeland']Wow this fight sucks . Its funny after the second round Dana says "They were throwing bombs!!" cut to clip where they put it to slow motion in order to make the fight look somewhat respectable.[/QUOTE]

Yeah my friends and I were cracking up when Dana was losing his shit. That fight was HORRIBLE, just like this season actually. Almost every single one of the fighters in the house are no talent turds.

Yeah, I gotta say, WTF happened to Scott Junk? He was supposed to be Rampage's most talented fighter. Did he get poked in the eye or something early in the first round? Because he started freaking out and acting completely out of it. If he didn't take an illegal shot, he's the biggest poseur on the show. Even with Mitrione's lack of skills, Junk didn't respect his power at all and got tagged in the head a lot in the first round.

Then he started falling all over himself like a drunk. I thought maybe he was playing possum to let Mitrione wear himself out (which would have been smart). But then he just continued to suck. I agree, most of the fights this year have been horrible. I think the fact that they're Heavyweights makes it worse though because not only do they not have many skills, but they gas within 90 seconds. I'm actually hoping Marcus Jones can somehow redeem both Rampage and this season, because he seems like a nice guy, and isn't full of himself.

[quote name='tehweezner']He was talking so much trash pre-fight. He looked scared in there.[/QUOTE]

He was all business until SHIZ GOT REAL and he got hit really hard in the head. Then his whole stance changed.

[quote name='homeland']Wow this fight sucks . Its funny after the second round Dana says "They were throwing bombs!!" cut to clip where they put it to slow motion in order to make the fight look somewhat respectable.[/QUOTE]

I knew this season was going to suck as soon as Dana said "This is going to be the BEST season EVER!". if that was really true he wouldnt have to say it.

He's gotta exaggerate or else the whole show comes off as a borefest.

kimbo (aka Kevin) sucks. most of the fighters on this show will never make it close to the UFC unless a select few drop to 205 and dedicate their lives to improving.

[quote name='n8rockerasu'] Did he get poked in the eye or something early in the first round? [/QUOTE]

When I was watching the episode, by his reaction it seemed clear that he got poked. He kind of hesitated but the ref didn't call it so he just continued on. In tonight's episode he says he got poked.

Marcus' win was quick but he doesn't seem to have a killer instinct in him. It seems like he's holding back - like he's scared that he'll crush the other guy. And I don't know if it's how the show is edited but he seems to be sweating a lot during his training. Hopefully from his football experience he knows to keep hydrated.

Rampage needs to stop with all the "joking". It's not funny. And that door looked like it was made out of cardboard. Has anyone seen a door constructed like that?

kinda fitting that the guy who wrote he sucked balls ended up getting schooled by marcus definetly karma working there. rampages team are idiots though they should have gone ahead and went and sparred with rashads team the chance to get extra quality training would have helped alot of them out who cares about rampages feelings. like rashad said he gave up on them and even said they gave up in the ring why have loyalty to someone who is so disloyal?

seeing this season of tuf and listening to all the shit rampage was talking i really get the feeling he left ufc because he was afraid to lose to rashad. not to say he couldnt beat him they each had an equal shot to win imo but to talk that much shit and get beat would have been a major blow to his ego. i was a fan of rampage before this show but after watching most of this season of tuf i have alot of respect for rashad. his guy lost that fight and instead of walking away disgusted he actually talked to the guy and let himm know he did a good job.

What's everyone's predictions for Strikeforce on Saturday?

Fedor vs Brett Rogers: Fedor via KO
Shields vs Mayhem: Shields via Sub
Mousasi vs Sokoudjou : Mousasi via Sub
Werdum vs Bigfoot Silva: Bigfoot via Decision

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']What's everyone's predictions for Strikeforce on Saturday?

Werdum vs Bigfoot Silva: Bigfoot via Decision[/QUOTE]

i think that cards fairly difficult to call.
fedor via tko or arm bar.
mayhem via dec. shields has nothing on the feet and mayhems
fight with jacare has me feeling like shields isnt going to sub him.
should be a fun fight.
mousasi. the only thing difficult in calling this fight is if mousasi will tko or sub soko.
werdum silva is interesting. i really have no idea. im gonna call werdum just on his stand up being better and his ground should techinicaly be better but hes giving up some size.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']They keep on advertising that kimbo is coming back. Whats up with that? I know it's for ratings, but damn shit is old.[/QUOTE]

i think in the final fights hes replacing someone.

Wow Big Baby is the real deal. If he keeps up with training and improving he could be some serious competition in the big leagues one day. I was expecting him to be all rickety and just all stand up.

[quote name='Maklershed']Wow Big Baby is the real deal. If he keeps up with training and improving he could be some serious competition in the big leagues one day. I was expecting him to be all rickety and just all stand up.[/QUOTE]
Well he's got a BJJ triangle tattooed between his shoulder blades. So dude obviously has been training the ground for a long time.

I'm glad he won, he seems like a cool dude. But i'm sure Wessel coulda used that money for his wife; MMA doesn't exactly have employer PPOs much less family PPO or HMOs.

i was super-surprised at how quick that sub came on, and how quickly the other dude fell into it.

marcus is probably going to struggle when he faces a true heavyweight that is as strong as him.

i'm pumped for strikeforce

mayhem, mousasi, and werdum all seem solid bets to me.
it's disappointing to watch fedor fight scrub-leaguers for no reason, and it'll be kinda sweet when one of them takes him out. shiz mark hunt came very close.

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']i was super-surprised at how quick that sub came on, and how quickly the other dude fell into it.

marcus is probably going to struggle when he faces a true heavyweight that is as strong as him.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but there's no question Marcus was the most impressive of all the heavyweights this in the first round. He outshined several people who had much more hype (Kimbo, Roy Nelson, Wes Sims, Scott Junk, etc).

As for his submissions, I think he was just so fluid, Wessel didn't even see it coming. I mean, you're talking about almost being fully mounted, being happy to get out of it and give up your back, almost getting choked out, being happy to get out of it and spin to guard, and then having Marcus just toss one leg over your head and pry your arm out of its socket. Yeah, the biggest mistake was "allowing" him to get that leg on the other side of his head. But DAMN! How do you stop a monster like that?

Your assessment that he's "going to struggle when he faces a true heavyweight that is as strong as him" almost made me laugh. Who would that be? Brock Lesnar? I'm not saying Marcus is going to be a UFC stud (like Kimbo..he's 35. But unlike Kimbo, he actually has a background), but if you don't think he's a favorite to win this show, you're crazy.

I hope he smashes Tiddehs, and then I hope he takes out Roy Nelson's arrogant ass. I loved how Dana flat out told him his fight sucked and he was boring to watch.

I hope Marcus wins (although I doubt he will). He really is the only guy on the show I really like. He is such a nice guy, and has some skill too.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I hope he takes out Roy Nelson's arrogant ass. [/QUOTE]

I can't agree with this more. I hope Roy is Marcus' next opponent and Marcus obliterates him.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']What's everyone's predictions for Strikeforce on Saturday?

Werdum vs Bigfoot Silva: Bigfoot via Decision[/QUOTE]

-Fedor via GNP (rogers does have the ability to end the fight if he lands an unseen punch though, guy is HUGE)
-Shields & miller is too close to call. jacare couldnt sub miller so if shields does it i'll be super impressed.
-mousasi will crush soko
-werdum will either sub silva or silva will win a long standup war

just watched the weign ins i DVRed on HDNet. InsideMMA was doing the show from there. Fedor looks more out of shape then he normally does (i know, it's fedor that's deceiving). I just hope he didn't get distracted by all the sleazy network exec types who run strikeforce now (it's basically become like the old eliteXC); he was at presser events in the U.S like every couple days for weeks before the fight.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Anyone watching Sengoku? Good show so far.[/QUOTE]

aw crap i forgot to DVR it. well its still on another couple hours at least.

Wow...Mousasi looks impressive. Even when he's being handled, he looks completely composed. Reminds me of a mini Fedor. I bet he could beat Machida.

good fight between Shields & Mayhem, Shields saved by the bell when Mayhem had him in rear naked choke for a full 9 seconds.

side note, Shields is slowing this fight down with some leg tie up bullshit

[quote name='seen']Screw Jake Shields, he's the TUF version of Roy Nelson; way to get fans on a huge TV card...[/QUOTE]
Using good wrestling and jits is a lot different than patting someone on the head with their arms trapped.

All right. It's time for another "Nate Hates Wrestlers" post.

Jake Shields is garbage. I'm not really a Mayhem fan, but in my opinion, he showed a far better range of skills in that fight. I can't stand fighters who use the "take him down & hold him down" strategy. If you're good enough to get a dominant position, do something with it. Honestly, I was more impressed by Miller's 10 thousand and one escapes than Shields just dragging him down and laying on top of him over and over again. Mayhem's BJJ was better. Shields won the match thanks to lay & pray.

Yes, say whatever you want. Shields "manhandled" Miller. He "dominated" him. But he sure as hell didn't win a fight. If you've got a guy's back 8-10 times, have him flattened out on his stomach twice, have him turtled a couple times, and STILL can't finish him, you are garbage. In summation, Jake Shields is garbage.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']All right. It's time for another "Nate Hates Wrestlers" post.

Jake Shields is garbage. I'm not really a Mayhem fan, but in my opinion, he showed a far better range of skills in that fight. I can't stand fighters who use the "take him down & hold him down" strategy. If you're good enough to get a dominant position, do something with it. Honestly, I was more impressed by Miller's 10 thousand and one escapes than Shields just dragging him down and laying on top of him over and over again. Mayhem's BJJ was better. Shields won the match thanks to lay & pray.

Yes, say whatever you want. Shields "manhandled" Miller. He "dominated" him. But he sure as hell didn't win a fight. If you've got a guy's back 8-10 times, have him flattened out on his stomach twice, have him turtled a couple times, and STILL can't finish him, you are garbage. In summation, Jake Shields is garbage.[/QUOTE]

I agree

Damnit at all these commercials!

In response to BoSoxFan900; I'll ask you to reference n8's post as it sums up my feelings.

Jake Shields is garbage? Seriously man? His last two fights, he finished Robbie Lawler and Paul Daley. He's 23-4-1 in his career. Do you think GSP is garbage because sometimes he goes to decision by showcasing his superior wrestling, like he did against Alves? If you don't like that fighting style, that's fine, but its a bit far fetched to call Shields "garbage."

Did you really just try to compare Shields to GSP??? As I recall GSP knows how to use his hands, watching tonight's fight I couldn't tell if Shields even practices striking.

[quote name='seen']Did you really just try to compare Shields to GSP??? As I recall GSP knows how to use his hands, watching tonight's fight I couldn't tell if Shields even practices striking.[/QUOTE]
No, I'm not comparing Shields to GSP. He's not even in the same ballpark as GSP. I'm just saying that they're both wrestlers who use their wrestling to hold their opponents on the ground, which doesn't always lead to a finish.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Jake Shields is garbage? Seriously man? His last two fights, he finished Robbie Lawler and Paul Daley. He's 23-4-1 in his career. Do you think GSP is garbage because sometimes he goes to decision by showcasing his superior wrestling, like he did against Alves? If you don't like that fighting style, that's fine, but its a bit far fetched to call Shields "garbage."[/QUOTE]

But GSP actually does something when he's on the ground. I assume you're referencing his fight with Alves. Yeah, he mainly won because of his takedowns in that fight, but they were explosive takedowns and he actually tried to end that fight. Shields had a couple half-hearted RNC attempts, but how do you not just wail on a guy when you've got him flattened out on his stomach?

I'm calling it garbage because that's my opinion. I'm not saying the decision should have gone to Mayhem. That would have been crazy. But a "fight" like that might as well be called a no contest. It's like Shields didn't want it to end. He was having too much fun humping Mayhem's leg like a cocker spaniel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back