MMA (UFC, Strikeforce, Bellator, Invicta, etc.) Discussion Thread -- Version II

Meant to comment on this the other night, but even as a fan of Valentina, I was disappointed that she didn't do more. I felt like she respected Nunes power way too much. She kept biding her time, biding her time, and then all of a sudden, it was round 5. I can understand expecting Nunes to gas out...but you have to push her for that to happen.

Matt Serra basically said the same thing on his podcast. At first, he was upset that Shevchenko lost too...and then he talked to Ray Longo and realized that she just didn't do enough. And that sucks because I do think she can beat Nunes. But in that fight...she basically played right into her hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over/under on Big Rigg not being on the roster tomorrow?

Also, I'm starting to get Holly Holm vibes from Stephen Thompson. He's got good technique and some creative striking, but for whatever reason, he just makes fights boring. Just seems unwilling to take a risk 99% of the time.

HOLY SHIT!!!! Thug Rose destroyed a completely arrogant Joanna! Crazy how it happens to everybody. She wanted to break Rousey's record, and she ended up becoming her. Damn...

Wow...didn't think Garbrandt would be sloppy enough to get hit like that. Impressive performance by Dillashaw. Now this sets up either Dillashaw/Cruz 2 or Dillashaw/Mighty Mouse...with Dillashaw having a chance to go for the double belt. Can't go wrong with either of those.

Please, God, don't let Bisping/GSP be a complete joke. This has been a really, really good card.

BEST. UFC. EVER.

Seriously, just amazing top to bottom.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 out of 4 fighters I rooted for won tonight: GSP, TJ and especially Rose. fuck all the people who said she didn't belong in the Cage with Joanna. Also... Dammit Corey Anderson, would've been a perfect ending to this day if he got the win.

bread's done
Back