Modern Warfare 2 CAG Clan - Wednesday/Friday @ 7PST/10EST

Have one spot still open. Brother decided to get in with another group. My group technically has two left but I pmed jax since he asked first. I was going to pm syngamer but saw his post asking to get in on mad's group so yeah.

Overall, I think the new maps are just barely worth it. The re-maps are kinda meh but the brand new ones are pretty well designed. I'm just wondering why they couldn't come up with 5 new maps altogether. I'd be pretty sad if I paid a full $15 for them though.

I fell asleep after much credit card frustrations, roughly I passed out around 9:30 pm. I'll be picking up a PSN card today after work. I'm going to just bite the cost on this one since some of you guys waited for me and get you guys set up as soon as I get home.

Besides I don't even have my bank account linked to my paypal so I don't think paypal would really break me over $12.

Think we have Bailout set for Domination. There is a great noob tube spot in there to control B and probably A as well.

Storm is okay....the funniest part was blowing up the semi and getting a triple kill (including myself) when we were messing around. Wish I had the recorder going for that...it was pretty funny. "Can we blow this up?"

Crash - meh.

Salvage - still want to know how that guy killed me from on top of the crushed cars...well, how he got up there. I must say, that one is another potential noob tube fest waiting to happen.

I may have missed us in Overgrown...that or nothing memorable happened while I was playing to stick out in my mind.

I may be on late tonight, as I have 3 year old bed duty tonight.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Prolly gonna pick this up to kmart if I get out there, used to be pretty good on 360, looking forward to playing with you guys.[/QUOTE]

Good to see another New Yorker in the mix.

seems the new MoH is gonna a bit more personal. Seems cool and nice release date. This probably should be moved to the MoH thread though lol

For the first time in my entire life gaming, i threw my controller at the wall. Ive never done this ever. But MW2 online this week so far with double xp has brought out the biggest peice of trash ass-wipes ive ever witnessed in my entire life. If it isnt a insanely laggy match, its a OMA noob tuber, or its a stab i get, the animation comes out that i got him, but misses, then he turns around and kills me, or campers who literally never move their cursers in their hiding spots till you show up and general crap like this all fricken day. Ive played over 300 hours of mw2 online, but this was beyond anything ive ever witnessed in the bull department.

I also hope whoever worked on the netcode at IW, that they go and get a job in another field and let someone who has an effing clue what they are doing take over. TRASH.

[quote name='blitz6speed']For the first time in my entire life gaming, i threw my controller at the wall. Ive never done this ever. But MW2 online this week so far with double xp has brought out the biggest peice of trash ass-wipes ive ever witnessed in my entire life. If it isnt a insanely laggy match, its a OMA noob tuber, or its a stab i get, the animation comes out that i got him, but misses, then he turns around and kills me, or campers who literally never move their cursers in their hiding spots till you show up and general crap like this all fricken day. Ive played over 300 hours of mw2 online, but this was beyond anything ive ever witnessed in the bull department.

I also hope whoever worked on the netcode at IW, that they go and get a job in another field and let someone who has an effing clue what they are doing take over. TRASH.[/QUOTE]

While I feel your pain, there is only so much coding can do. Part of the problem is the fact, pointed out my NoKill numerous times, that there are no dedicated servers. I'll throw out an example - every time Madder hosts, I never get more than 3 bars and he has an awesome connection. Something between my local Cox ISP here and his Verizon FIOS sucks.

Dedicated servers are not the end-all, be-all, but they should greatly even out the playing field. I cannot tell you the number of times, including last night, where on my screen I was putting a cap in someone's @ss and either get knifed or shot...only to find out on the killcam that I never fired a shot.

Last night I only got really annoyed after those guys were noob tubing us and I knifed the camper who had last stand.

I am also fully expecting noob tubing in Bailout and Salvage....although everything was slowly migrating that way last night.

I dont know if those who dont have the map pack can party up with those that do. I had to reset my NAT type from 'strict' to 'open', and I still couldnt join NoKill or aldon. But I ended up going 28-9 on FFA with no kill streak rewards (had it set to PAS, EAD, SB)... getting better at it.

Did everyone notice they took out 3rd person cage deathmatch?

Looking forward to BFGN! Went out and picked up my Mexican friend Jose Cueruo in honor of Mad39er(hopefully he gets the maps up and running tonight) and cinco de mayo. Now if I could just find mads margarita recipe.

[quote name='nakanenui']I dont know if those who dont have the map pack can party up with those that do. I had to reset my NAT type from 'strict' to 'open', and I still couldnt join NoKill or aldon. But I ended up going 28-9 on FFA with no kill streak rewards (had it set to PAS, EAD, SB)... getting better at it.

Did everyone notice they took out 3rd person cage deathmatch?[/QUOTE]

Im sure all four people who played that will actually miss it.

If anyone has another spot in their gamesharing group, PM me. I shared it with some friends already, but now I'm getting begged to hack people 10th ever since I did it for myself, so I need to keep deleting the map pack and hacking them. And it was on my friend's account, so I have difficulties getting it back every time.

Good news, I've got my $20 dollar PSN card, just taking a moment to decompress before I load it up. Just gotta check the group listing again but so far I have Snore, Syn and Kaiser and I'll have to check my PMs.

Edit: I'm not asking for donations or money, this one is on me, if I had this up and running yesterday it'd be a different story but after 3 credit card attempts and 2 calls to Discover and Bank of America, anybody whom I play with in this clan who needs a gameshare can get one on me for not being able to do it earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='combatrhombus']Looking forward to BFGN! Went out and picked up my Mexican friend Jose Cueruo in honor of Mad39er(hopefully he gets the maps up and running tonight) and cinco de mayo. Now if I could just find mads margarita recipe.[/QUOTE]
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6843642#post6843642

[quote name='Jam424']I'm all for a group on map pack![/QUOTE]
I think Kaiser might have gotten in on a group but my list so far is:
Snore
Skydive
SynGamer
and Kaiser possibly. If you guys won't mind sending me a PM so I won't forget. That should fill out my group.

BFGN! I'm also staying online and checking both this thread and my PMs to get my remaining peeps set up for tonight.

Spoke to a dude at Gamestop while I was picking up my card too. I almost forgot he said COD: Black Ops is Cold War setting.

[quote name='nakanenui']Mad, I am not in a group yet. Let me know if you have a spot for me. Logging on in a few.[/QUOTE]

PM'd you. I'll PM your PSN too just in case you fail to see it.

damn! I wanted to post the BFGN!

BFGN:whee:

B:whee:
F:whee:
G:whee:
N:whee:

just to get back at NoKill for "First Blood" killing me on every. single. new. map. while we were doing walkthroughs.

Follow the shotty's! ;)

[quote name='Mad39er']BFGN! I'm also staying online and checking both this thread and my PMs to get my remaining peeps set up for tonight.

Spoke to a dude at Gamestop while I was picking up my card too. I almost forgot he said COD: Black Ops is Cold War setting.[/QUOTE]

PM'd.

know how to fix slow download speeds? I have a 10MB connection (can pull ~1.6Mbps on good nights) and yet my PS3 takes 30-45 minutes to download 300MB...

DMZ that bitch. I get 5 megabits with my ps3 on my 25 megabit upload and no ports to forward or deal with.

Damn you Hito, I need to do a margarita mix run now. Meh. Be back in time for game night. I hope.

I got my Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville mix. I had to go to Target to get it, Pathmark didn't have anything but Master of Mixes and anybody who claims to master that many mixes, I call bullshizer.

Mad, PM me your PayPal and I'll send a few $'s your way. I'm off for the night (and tomorrow - out of town). See you guys Saturday sometime.

[quote name='Mad39er']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6843642#post6843642[/QUOTE]

That is a tasty margarita! Mad, you ever had master of mix?

Well mix master has the right price. Plus Meijer was out of the stuff I was trying to get, something else on sale that they ran out of. The strawberries really make it tasty.

Had fun tonight, seemed like it was hard to find a match early when we were playing ground war. I can't wait until they add the bonus maps to the regular play lists some we can play some ground war when needed.

Far too lazy to make it out to kmart, placed an order with 99 cent shipping and it came out to like 33 bucks. Great deal, hopefully it comes in soon. If anyone has an open a lot in their gameshare group drop me a pm. Look forward to playing with you guys soon!

[quote name='combatrhombus']That is a tasty margarita! Mad, you ever had master of mix?

Well mix master has the right price. Plus Meijer was out of the stuff I was trying to get, something else on sale that they ran out of. The strawberries really make it tasty.

Had fun tonight, seemed like it was hard to find a match early when we were playing ground war. I can't wait until they add the bonus maps to the regular play lists some we can play some ground war when needed.[/QUOTE]

I'm really picky, I liked the Cuervo mix but the Jimmy Buffet one was priced better and is damn near the same thing for a buck or two less on average. I picked up a bottle made by On The Border I want to try, they're a chain restaurant that is pretty decent from what I remember. I think Master of Mixes was kinda meh the last time I tried it too, though they're the only one that had a whiskey sour mix for my Jameson, I don't know why I'm hating on them but I think it's mostly because it's all my Pathmark carried and I had to run to Target to get the right mix.

The bottle calls for a 3 to 1 ratio per serving, figure in the strawberries and you're way past that so I ended up adjusting it to 2 to 1 mix/tequila and worked nicely since the strawberries mask the tequila enough that you can almost do doubles.

Millertime2523 = Millertime2325
Experience: Intermediate/Advanced
Availablity: Usually around whenever
Timezone: EST
Mic: Yes

-------

Got it in the mail today after less than 24 hours. Can't beat 99 cent shipping that comes in the next day. Still looking for a gameshare of the map pack, have $3 paypal ready. Drop me a friend request if you want to play any time soon.

[quote name='nakanenui']Have you tried the kirkland (costco) premix?[/QUOTE]
I never really had the chance.

To the new guys who showed up last night, I was about a margarita and a half down by the time I started kicking people I wasn't sure about. We have had our private matches invaded by friends of other players, so that was the initial reaction and none of you guys had mics on so it was a lil confusing. I've got no problems otherwise, Kefka and I are pretty much the main hosting types, so between us we've got to more or less be on the same page because it'll take a few sessions before we put it all together. Just send either one of us a message since we're always mic'd up if you need to know anything.

I'll be playing for a spell, I really don't like any new map except Salvage. Crash isn't horrible but these maps are going to be hellish on Ground Wars since that's what they're all designed for except for Salvage.

If any of you need more space on your friend list you can take me off I don't plan on playing MW2 anymore.

bread's done
Back