Modern Warfare 2 CAG Clan - Wednesday/Friday @ 7PST/10EST

[quote name='jmbreci']just a fucking excuse is all....unless someone went back and hacked (literally) the code and recompiled it. Not too hard to put out a patch and still fix things...although I guess they could take out the patch.

This is IW saying that they cannot fix what they broke.[/QUOTE]

True. It's just IW being the shitty developers they are. COD online has been messed up since COD4. Now they just have an official excuse as to why the PS3 version's online sucks.

I feel like throwing in MW2 just to check out some of the hacks, considering I play Blops now and care very little about my MW2 K/D haha. Although I think you should all be happy the hack-fest came along now, and not earlier when MW2 was the most played game.

At this point its probably just hackers playing with other hackers in a massive glitch fest.

luckily i haven't seen any hackers yet since i've been playing again. i've probably only played about 5-10 games though, so small sample size. plus, i generally only play headquarters which i think is probably the least popular game mode.

*knocks on wood*

Now I read that Craptavision is thinking about pulling ALL ps3 COD multiplayer due to the hacking. Guess I go play borderland & finish a few i never competed.

I won't be on tonight. Long day with another one coming tomorrow. I may pick up Modern Combat: Domination, not sure yet. Or get Split/Second.

[quote name='bendeco45']luckily i haven't seen any hackers yet since i've been playing again. i've probably only played about 5-10 games though, so small sample size. plus, i generally only play headquarters which i think is probably the least popular game mode.

*knocks on wood*[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that too.

I try to join SnD games and I see mostly glitched lobbies, and run into regular ones sometimes.

I join Objective Barebones Pro games and not 1 single glitched lobby. I think I'll just play OBP from now on...

[quote name='langdon_alger']is that Modern Combat game Move only? or can you use a regular controller?[/QUOTE]

You can use a regular controller.

I haven't played CoD: MW2 in a while, theres hackers now?! I guess they got tired of getting owned by CAG, *sigh* I would hack too if I had to play CAG.......

If anyone wants to play let me know I might have some free time soon and can hop on for a bit

I will be on. My pizza doesn't get here for another 30 minutes(50 minute wait FTL), thank god it's decent pizza. I'll be warming up if possible, hopefully we get some people on to get it awn.

Great set of matches last night, we utterly raped every single hacker we came across that simply could not play without their aimbots and other crap enabled.

Things to note to avoid hackery:

1. The Host of the lobby is the only person that can enable game-wide hacks once in game. As long as one of us is hosting, we are alright.
  2. Most hacks are started up at the first second or so, do not select a class right away and observe the match. Sometimes you can catch the hack menu being opened up and the cheats selected.
  3. The spinning 10th Prestige Skull Emblem is hacked. No Emblems are hackers. Emblems on Non-Prestiges that are Prestige challenge emblems indicate hack.
  4. Disconnecting via pulling the plug is better than quitting through the XMB. For some reason when quitting through the XMB it logs you off MW2 nicely instead of the guaranteed non-save of a disconnect.
  5. Unbound clan tags usually mean hackers/glitchers.
  6. The only way to be reset from everything being unlocked is to have everything removed in another hacked lobby.
  7. Play on game nights, we rape, pillage and trash talk all the hackers that join a legit game. Hito, Nubbles, myself and Syn went like anywhere between 4 and 8 to 1 easily with our k/d.

Hell, I was even positive on all but one match......and that says a lot.

Me: I'm all over the place with my guns....my aim is terrible tonight.
TMB: Worse than any other night?

That's two I owe you. ;) The only reason it is worse at the moment is that I am not used to the sensitivity....I need to run through a few matches to get that back....or turn it down a notch or two.

But like Mad said, most of those guys are horrible. I think I remember one...was it funnybunny or fluffybunny? The guy went 3-24 and 1-17 against us and was trying to talk crap.

I counted about a 15-20 kills that Hito, NK, and Mad stole from me....well, tore up right before I could get a shot off....finally had to go "loud" with Marathon, Lightweight or Stopping Power (ACR), and Commando to try and keep up. Epic fail on keeping up.

[quote name='jmbreci']Hell, I was even positive on all but one match......and that says a lot.

Me: I'm all over the place with my guns....my aim is terrible tonight.
TMB: Worse than any other night?

That's two I owe you. ;) The only reason it is worse at the moment is that I am not used to the sensitivity....I need to run through a few matches to get that back....or turn it down a notch or two.

But like Mad said, most of those guys are horrible. I think I remember one...was it funnybunny or fluffybunny? The guy went 3-24 and 1-17 against us and was trying to talk crap.

I counted about a 15-20 kills that Hito, NK, and Mad stole from me....well, tore up right before I could get a shot off....finally had to go "loud" with Marathon, Lightweight or Stopping Power (ACR), and Commando to try and keep up. Epic fail on keeping up.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, speed was absolutely king against those guys. I was running Cold Blooded earlier but when they weren't getting any UAVs because they weren't killing any of us, I switched to my Runner class and tore them up on Highrise for that EMP. I also kept taking the blinged out LMG that that noob kept dropping and was tearing it up with that. Nubbles caught on and started doing it too, there was absolutely no need for silencers against them. I did love bitch slapping them with the Rangers, I had like 4 guys in a row die due to my pistolero-ing with the Akimbo shotties.

Hito and I were in direct competition for kills it seems, we kept stealing each others kills. Nubbles just was quite the pro with his lack of dicking around and just downright mowing people down on Skidrow. While I don't think I stole many(more than 5) kills from you, evil, I know you had trouble knifing and I think that was part of the problem. When you and that guy tried to re-enact the knife fight from "Beat It" I had to step in after you wiffed and then he wiffed, it was just too painful to watch you get killed when you missed him by inches and he missed you by miles on the off chance he would have fired first. If I had Stopping Power on, I know I would have stolen far more kills.

I was playing on the gameshare account just to get a feel for things. I'm pretty much 100% certain that as long as a non-glitching/hacking person is hosting(like myself) nobody else can cheat. I switched lobbies a bunch of times until I got host and had a good 4-5 hour session in that lobby of just kicking ass without one glitcher/hacker ruining it by cheating. Incidentally, I like having somewhat of a fresh start, it looks like I'm pulling damn near a 2.0 k/d if I can get past the first 200 deaths or so my cousin put on the account.

After hearing how it was I logged in with a secondary account to check MW2 last night after playing Black Ops since it came out. The first game I played was at Highrise and I was struggling as it was just different enough from what I was used to. Then, I got the hackers in the rest of the games I played. It was completely crazy and I have no idea why anybody would play over and over with those hacks. It can't possibly be fun to just fire an auto grenade launcher that automatically hits anyone anywhere on the map.

It's sad what has become of such a fun game...

[quote name='WatchdogXC']After hearing how it was I logged in with a secondary account to check MW2 last night after playing Black Ops since it came out. The first game I played was at Highrise and I was struggling as it was just different enough from what I was used to. Then, I got the hackers in the rest of the games I played. It was completely crazy and I have no idea why anybody would play over and over with those hacks. It can't possibly be fun to just fire an auto grenade launcher that automatically hits anyone anywhere on the map.

It's sad what has become of such a fun game...[/QUOTE]
It's significantly better when you play with a group that has Host so nobody is cheating. Even nubs like nowlive can go positive against how poorly hackers/glitchers play.

Going through withdrawals. Need MW2 fix. But horror stories of hacking going on has me on a fence.

I am trying to finish up a few older games, especially ones that may have server shutdowns in the future. Mercs 2 I am talking about you. Can GTA IV get any worse (required to boost to complete the online trophies).

[quote name='Mad39er']It's significantly better when you play with a group that has Host so nobody is cheating. Even nubs like nowlive can go positive against how poorly hackers/glitchers play.[/QUOTE]

Your car + my car + wall = wait, wrong game. :D

I need to turn down my sensitivity...but yeah, if I am positive EVERY game, something is wrong. At least Mad got to see my epic knife fail and witness my frustration....on my screen the guy was right in front of me....that is what happens when you host...but I'd rather have that than glitchers.

[quote name='Mad39er']It's significantly better when you play with a group that has Host so nobody is cheating. Even nubs like nowlive can go positive against how poorly hackers/glitchers play.[/QUOTE]

Ya, hackers tend to be terrible players. Playing SnD 2 nights ago with friends and when we merged into another lobby we immediately left when we saw the lobby we merged into had 3+ hacked accounts. So we kept doing that a couple of times, then people started merging into us and hackers would sometimes leave right away and they'd be like "Back out, we didn't get host". Some hackers stayed and literally all they would do was RPG + Noobtube.

Invite me some time when you guys are on. If I'm just sitting at the XMB not playing anything I'm usually watching TV while my iPod charges so it might take awhile for me to join. Don't bother inviting if I'm playing Dead Space 2 though, at least not for a week or 2. :D

Alrighty, I am home, in dire need of pwning some hackers and noobs so in the spirit of that, BFGN!

I hope we can get some people on tonight, I'd make it a happy Friday for me.

Well, I just experienced the lovely joy of getting several challenges hacked to completed along with weapons and stuff. I disconnected before it could fully finish but once the process starts, there's no way to stop it even by disconnecting except to keep it from going further. It looks like I stopped it at all weapons challenges but it just ruined my mood for tonight.

[quote name='Mad39er']Well, I just experienced the lovely joy of getting several challenges hacked to completed along with weapons and stuff. I disconnected before it could fully finish but once the process starts, there's no way to stop it even by disconnecting except to keep it from going further. It looks like I stopped it at all weapons challenges but it just ruined my mood for tonight.[/QUOTE]

The exact reason I'm staying away from MW2 right now. It kind of ruins the point of playing the game.

[quote name='nakanenui']Most of us have Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (or Gran Turismo) so maybe we should migrate to other games together?[/QUOTE]

Borderlands (groups of 4)
Modern Warfare (aka COD4)
Black Ops (duh!)
Killzone 3 beta
Killzone 2
Burnout
Red Dead
Warhawk
Red Faction
Bioshock 2
Team Fortress

just some examples...

I'll be installing the KZ3 beta as well, even though I got a taste of it a long time ago. I've never been a fan of the sluggish style of KZ, though... it's definitely a step up from KZ2

It would be nice if they patched this so it was playable and added Rust 24/7 playlist.

Is anyone interested in playing a Wednesday night Assassins Creed Brotherhood mp?

IMO this is just too little too late. The community has mostly moved to Blops, and putting a patch out now just looks stupid considering how long it has been since they last put one out. Granted glitchers seem to have overrun the game, but if IW actually kept watching the game in the first place maybe they wouldn't have been given the chance to overrun it.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']IMO this is just too little too late. The community has mostly moved to Blops, and putting a patch out now just looks stupid considering how long it has been since they last put one out. Granted glitchers seem to have overrun the game, but if IW actually kept watching the game in the first place maybe they wouldn't have been given the chance to overrun it.[/QUOTE]
Normally I'd leave this alone but if it's not going to affect you, why do you care enough to post? IW did sit on their hands and blame Sony when they could have been working on a patch. Lots of people had made the moved to Black Ops but lots of people also have chosen not to stay with Black Ops. Lack of a MW2 killer out there really is the issue for those of us FPS enthusiasts and Black Ops is not even remotely close to a replacement. It's more like an MMO with all the patching it gets than a competitive "next gen" FPS.

The only remaining current problem is now hackers are reporting they can unban themselves but that's looking like a console id swap rather than "PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS!" That and this patch needs to drop already, they've had it for 2 weeks now. I'd like to reclaim MW2 as a proper game with awesome features that nobody else has managed to clone completely.

[quote name='Mad39er']Normally I'd leave this alone but if it's not going to affect you, why do you care enough to post? IW did sit on their hands and blame Sony when they could have been working on a patch. Lots of people had made the moved to Black Ops but lots of people also have chosen not to stay with Black Ops. Lack of a MW2 killer out there really is the issue for those of us FPS enthusiasts and Black Ops is not even remotely close to a replacement. It's more like an MMO with all the patching it gets than a competitive "next gen" FPS.

The only remaining current problem is now hackers are reporting they can unban themselves but that's looking like a console id swap rather than "PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS!" That and this patch needs to drop already, they've had it for 2 weeks now. I'd like to reclaim MW2 as a proper game with awesome features that nobody else has managed to clone completely.[/QUOTE]

lol, Aladdin.

And I agree. I'd definitely go back to MW2 if this fixes things. Even if it's just for a week with little to no glitchers.

[quote name='Mad39er']Normally I'd leave this alone but if it's not going to affect you, why do you care enough to post? IW did sit on their hands and blame Sony when they could have been working on a patch. Lots of people had made the moved to Black Ops but lots of people also have chosen not to stay with Black Ops. Lack of a MW2 killer out there really is the issue for those of us FPS enthusiasts and Black Ops is not even remotely close to a replacement. It's more like an MMO with all the patching it gets than a competitive "next gen" FPS.

The only remaining current problem is now hackers are reporting they can unban themselves but that's looking like a console id swap rather than "PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS!" That and this patch needs to drop already, they've had it for 2 weeks now. I'd like to reclaim MW2 as a proper game with awesome features that nobody else has managed to clone completely.[/QUOTE]

You like trying to start up fights with me don't ya...for some reason.

ANYWAYS, I'm not certain if Blops was really intended to destroy MW2 and its fanbase considering they were made by different development crews. Now, MW2 was supposed to take everyone from MW1, but they were both made by IW. As far as the patch goes, all I'm saying is that IW has been idle for too long IMO and should have been working on security and overall community support long ago instead of just fixing the hack-fest that the game's become simply because most think its practically unplayable.

If IW would have kept interest in the game like they should have the game may not have become a hack-fest (as I said earlier). Up until this patch, it has felt like IW had abandoned the game long ago.

bread's done
Back