More cheap games @ Gamefly: Mass Effect $20, DMC4 $20, Stranglehold $10

mxpowar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
CheapyD Update:

All have free shipping.
GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are usually in excellent condition, and are guaranteed.

:360:Jericho $9.99
:360:Stranglehold $9.99
:360:The Darkness $12.99
:360:Blacksite: Area 51 $12.99
:360:Timeshift $14.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:360:Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom $14.99
:360:Assassin's Creed $17.99
:360:MOH: Airborne $17.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:360:Mass Effect $19.99
:360:Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
:360:Burnout Paradise $19.99
:360:PGR 4 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:360:Simpsons Game $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:ps3:Lost: Via Domus $17.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:ps3:Assassin's Creed $17.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:Unreal Tournament III $17.99
:ps3:Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
:ps3:The Club $19.99
:ps3:Jericho $19.99
:ps3:Lost Planet: Extreme Condition $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:MLK 2K8 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:Lair $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:GRAW 2 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:wii:Dewy's Adventure $14.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:wii:Manhunt 2 $14.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:wii:NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams $14.99
:wii:Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law $14.99
:wii:Victorious Boxers: Revolution $15.99
:wii:Soul Calibur Legends $15.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:wii:Newly available Wii games for sale.
:ps3:Newly available PS3 games for sale.
:360:Newly available Xbox 360 games for sale.

Original post... Thanks mxpowar!
Looks like Gamefly has lowered some prices on some games. Here's what I found that looked interesting:

PS3

Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=124905&t=0

The Club $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=121750&t=0

Jericho $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125945&t=0

Lost: Via Domus $17.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=128530&t=0

Xbox 360

Mass Effect $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125040&t=0

Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125760&t=0

Stranglehold $9.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=121915&t=0

The Orange Box $31.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125975&t=0

Jericho $9.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125940&t=0

The Darkness $12.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=124360&t=0

Blacksite: Area 51 $12.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=126165&t=0

There are other deals probably; this is just what I found. And before anyone asks, Gamefly discs are USUALLY in very good condition if not outright mint. They are used but they include the original case and manual which are ALWAYS mint condition. I just bought Lost for PS3 and I got FREE SHIPPING even though I'm not a member. I don't know which other games get free shipping so please post if you find out.

I got an email from gamefly saying that they credited my card the amount for my unplayable Stranglehold. They also can't do exchanges so I would have to order the game again and the since the shipping is no longer free, it will be cost me $3 more than my original purchase. I will just wait for it to go on sale at Amazon again and get a brand new working copy for the same price that I would now have to pay for Stranglehold from gamefly.

Somebody needs to edit the title of this thread and remove the "w/free shipping", since this no longer applies. That's a deal breaker to some cheap-asses like myself.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']Wow. I think I should do this for a few of my games. They didn't ask for any proof of the unplayable CD did they?[/quote]

You are truly a POS.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']Wow. I think I should do this for a few of my games. They didn't ask for any proof of the unplayable CD did they?[/quote]

And that would be called fraud. :roll:

Maybe someone should edit the op, a few wii games are pretty cheap.

NMH - $20
Metroid - $28 ( might not be that great of a deal)

[quote name='SerenityKry']I live in Phoenix, AZ, the warehouse my games come from are in Los Angeles if I'm not entirely mistaken.

My CASE ( :bomb: ) was shipped on Friday the 20 and I received the CASE ( :bomb::bomb:) on Tuesday the 24th.

Gah, I'm so angry I didn't receive the game I bought with the friggun case. >.<

Since you're in Colorado you should probably be seeing the stuff you ordered by Friday at the latest.[/quote]

I went with keep it for my copy of DMC4 for PS3

the case shipped the 17th

still haven't gotten it, and no email replies

kinda annoyed about this

I just got an email back from Gamefly. They refunded the credit to my credit card for all of the games because they all "don't work." No evidence needed.

hehehe.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']I just got an email back from Gamefly. They refunded the credit to my credit card for all of the games because they all "don't work." No evidence needed.

hehehe.[/quote]
Well I hope you aren't tryin to pull A SCAM. You better send them all back. Don't ruin it for everyone with an attempt at fraud.

Placed my order on Monday it arrived today. DMC4 case + game disk & Mass Effect case are brand new, only the Mass Effect game disk is lightly scratched should work... I'll try playing it later on.

I pleased for the price I got them both for... geat deal.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']Got my games for free because I emailed gamefly saying that my games are unplayable.

No evidence needed or anything.

I love being a CAG![/quote]

You would be wiser keeping your fraudulent actions to yourself. I'm just sayin'.
BTW not cool.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']Got my games for free because I emailed gamefly saying that my games are unplayable.

I love being a CAG![/quote]

Wow. We should follow your cag ways :roll:

I love being a CAG![/QUOTE]

Sorry there bud, but fraud is not something to brag about on CAG.

And please.. don't post your fraudulent activities, and then claim to love being a CAG, your just hurting the name.

he must have typed in the wrong address i believe the site he needs to be on is lowclassgamer.com really thats not being cheap thats being pathetic and immoral enjoy your games thief

I've had that problem with my last couple of GF purchases--massive scratches and chips, with fingerprints on the disc. I took them to task in feedback for not screening the games, and they claim they do screen/polish them. In other words, they're full of it.

They've gone hugely downhill in recent years. It's a shame that they're still the only viable service of their kind, because I really, really want to switch and tell them to go suck one.

Unreal 3 came in, within like 3 days much like my DMC4 order. The disc looks good, and I'm going to give it a play.

i recieved unreal tournament 3 and assassin's creed today... both are flawless aswell! very happy about the purchases so far. :)

[quote name='FoxAlive']so it's either a hit or miss when it comes to the condition of the games?[/quote]
Yeah, it is unfortunately.

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']Guys I have a way to get these games for free. PM for details.[/quote]
Fraud.

I've bought two games from them: Assassins Creed (PS3) and Mass Effect. The case and manuals for both were in perfect condition. However, the Assassins Creed disk had a small crack near the hole in the center - not where the data is stored - so it still played fine. When I contacted them about getting a replacement they said they didn't do that and to mail the game back because they put a refund on my credit card. The game wasn't in stock for me to buy again so I said to forget it and they recharged me. I could have just said nothing and gotten it for "free" but I'm not that kind of person. Mass Effect was fine save for a small chip on the side of the disc. The quality and prices are still superior to gamestop or anywhere else that sells pre-played games.

[quote name='RoninChaos']Why are these games arriving with chips in them? How is that even possible?[/quote]

Probably when they are dropped in mailboxes, and sent through the mailing centers I would assume.

When they rent the games out, what kind of envelope do the games come in? Are they shipped out like Netflix? (Though I have yet to receive a disc with tiny chips in them from Netflix)

I bought Assassin's Creed for the 360 two weeks ago and tons of scratches on the surface but playable. Then last week placed 3 orders for DMC4 and UT3 for the PS3 for myself and Burnout Paradise for the 360 as early birthday gift for my bro. I just got a PS3 and only have MLB 08 and MGS 4 so far so wanted a few games and DMC 4 and UT3 seemed like good deals.

I received UT3 and Burnout so far. UT is flawless and like someone posted awhile back the blu-ray protective coating makes a difference in the discs conditions. Burnout is in great condition also. Hopefully I receive DMC 4 on Monday.

I see alot of people are complaining about the chips. I actually work at a blockbuster online distribution place, just a temp job until classes start up again. I've noticed that the people who check in the dvds/blu-rays dont really handle them with care at all. The just stick them in these flimsy cases and shove them on the shelf. Are a lot of people getting bad discs...it doesn't matter anyways for me, no free shipping=no me pay.

Used "keep it at home" on DMC4 for PS3, received a pristine game case and manual 4 days later. Used my $5 new member coupon, total price turned out to be $15.66. Sweet deal!

[quote name='dm877']shipping is only 3 bucks but still it makes this deal not so hot[/quote]

Yeah sort of sucks but still I don't think I'll find AC much cheaper.

I bit on Mass Effect...i just got my 360 the other day and almost went out and paid retail for it, 19.99 is a sweet deal! thanks OP

Yeah, I was gonna bite on Lair, but the shipping now kinda killed it for me. Not that it is worth the $21 without free shipping, but for close to $25, no way.

Just got my copy of Lair. There's some swirls on the disc, it almost looked greasy. I washed it off a good bit under the faucet and carefully dried it, still a little strange looking but you have to look close for it. So far it plays great.

On a somewhat related note, I don't get all the hate for this game, unless one of the patches improved the motion control's responsiveness. So far it seems fine to me.

[quote name='johnnypark']Just got my copy of Lair. There's some swirls on the disc, it almost looked greasy. I washed it off a good bit under the faucet and carefully dried it, still a little strange looking but you have to look close for it. So far it plays great.

On a somewhat related note, I don't get all the hate for this game, unless one of the patches improved the motion control's responsiveness. So far it seems fine to me.[/quote]

Yeah, one of the latest patches fixed some issues with the SIXAXIS controls.

still no response to my email about not receiving my case and instructions for DMC4

guess I'll have to try to call them tomorrow if it still doesn't show up since its been two weeks

[quote name='buckythekat']still no response to my email about not receiving my case and instructions for DMC4

guess I'll have to try to call them tomorrow if it still doesn't show up since its been two weeks[/quote]

If you have a gamefly.com account, go to my account, then go to billing address/credit card, and you will see a live chat button, in which you can chat with somebody about the problem(s) you are having.

Got my Mass Effect today. The surface looks okay, but there is a crack in the spindle area. This can't be safe to play?

I got my copy of Bioshock. The disk is in really good condition with very minor hairline scratches. The box and manual are mint, but it looks like the sleeve started coming out of the box and is all bent up on the top. I'm still happy though.

[quote name='kylerg']Got my Mass Effect today. The surface looks okay, but there is a crack in the spindle area. This can't be safe to play?[/QUOTE]

I would get a replacement. The crack can spread quickly at high speeds and even shatter while in the disc drive. It could also mess up your system if this happens.

bread's done
Back